Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'll start it today :)

Yeah, I'm just a substitute though, if some of the regulars are out for some reason. Sometimes I get to assist in the classroom though. I've been working more hours at the store though since the holidays. And maybe since the kids are running around they stay warmer? :)

Whoa, that's a lot of people! And I thought my hubby's family was big!!! We like hanging out with his same aged, married cousins quite a bit! And I'm sure his family just loves you if you don't mind baby sitting!!

This is my final class but I'm not sure if I will keep working at the store or look for a job on my field, so I'm with ya on the job stress, yuck.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Haha online book club for two! :lol:

Yeah but it's all experience isn't it? Did you want to teach when you finish your course or do something else in the field? I bet work in a card shop was intense over the Christmas period! Yeah I think so, not today though they all got snow in their wellies and wound up with wet feet!

Yeah, I thought my family was big until I met his! I think I won their favour by babysitting haha. Explains why they love it when I'm actually back home for the holidays :lol: it's good that you like hanging out with his cousins, must be awful to be in a relationship where you can't get along with your hubby's family!

At least you have the store job so you have money coming in while you make the decision though I guess!

therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

I remember all those cartoons too! But those were what I watched in elementary school. When I was a little kid (like 5 or so) my absolute favorite show was one called Eureka's Castle. I believe it was on Nickelodeon and I adored it!

P.S. I hug my books too! I didn't buy the illustrated guide for Twilight but I DID buy The Wizarding World of Harry Potter which was super cool!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I've never heard of it, but as a general 90s rule if it was on Nickelodeon, it was cool! :lol:

I'd recommend the Guide so far :) haven't got the Wizarding World, is it any good? I'm absolutely dying to go to the Harry Potter theme park though! Fulfill a lifelong dream of visiting Honeyduke's :lol:
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

It's just the large parties that are hard to go to, since all the mums get along and get all clucky and talk about random mum related topics :) and I'm all..I have a dog? :D

I haven't decided yet what I want to do..it's something I'm thinking about it :) my hubby is supportive with whatever I want to do so it should be interesting to figure it out.

My sister watched Eurekas Castle, though that was a bit before my time :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

You know, moms do that! Gang up on the rest of the world haha. Start talking about your dog as if it (he/she?) is a child and they might change the subject for you! :lol:

It's nice that he's supportive! At least you know you can take your time and make tr decision that's right for you :)

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Haha yeah..he's a fur baby to me..a big lab/German Shepard mix :) all lab temperament too, so a total love bug.

I got asked if I'm willing to increase my hours at my FILs company (he's an accountant) and as long as I'm able to balance a study schedule with it I think I can. It'll be nice to feel like I'm contributing more financially around here.

What classes are you taking right now? Or are you strictly student teaching?

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Aww he sounds adorable! I'm one of those too, animals are like people to me haha. I get really annoying and talk to my sisters dog, referring to myself as Auntie Kat :lol: sad really! How old is your dog?

That's great though! If it's your FIL he should understand you trying to find a balance with work and study though. What work do you do there? Sure, extra money can't go amiss!

Some days I'm in class, others I'm trainee teaching. In class it's a lot of paperwork, and preparing for next month when I do a six week block of actual teaching in the school I'm training in now :) excited and a little nervous!
Are you in classes or have you gotten to teach yet?

Any weekend plans? I'm a ball of excitement at the minute as my boyfriend gets here soon :) yay for weekends!

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm Auntie Sarah to my friends pug when I see him so I understand :) Rolph is about 5, Jason adopted him before I came along!

I'm an office assistant but this year he's talking about letting me do more with the taxes that doesn't actually involve numbers.

I've done all my observations, I don't actually have a teaching certificate because it'd require an extra year of schooling but I don't need that for the little ones anyway :)

Aww hooray for boyfriend time! What all do you have planned? This weekend is a quiet one for us, so I want to work on getting the house organized and do some studying since I haven't been focused at all this week!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Aww that's a lovely age though, slightly calmer than puppy age but still full of energy!

I bet you're excited to escape the numbers :lol: must be nice to work with family though?

How long did you have to observe for? Yeah, no point in another year on top if you know you don't need it!

Yeah it's great to see him :) we went to see Les Miserables yesterday as I've wanted to see it for a while, and got something to eat while we were out so that was nice :) he has to go back in a few hours so we've just relaxed indoors today, we're going to take the scenic route to the ferry and have a drive seeing as the snow has finally gone!
Did you get your studying done? At least if the weekend is quiet your hubby (Jason?) can help you with the house! :lol: