Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Hi Kat! I'm Jen! We get a little quiet here sometimes but you could always find us on fb at The Lexily
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

TwilightFan87 wrote:Oh nice :) I've looked at those, they look cool! And from what I can tell..I stumbled across it looking for a place to talk about Twilight and the halfway house group welcolmed me in :)
Yeah the art work is really beautiful! And it's nice to have a visual representation of the books to look at after years of seeing the movies, which aren't really strictly canon :)
therealmrswhitlock wrote:Hi Kat! I'm Jen! We get a little quiet here sometimes but you could always find us on fb at The Lexily
Hi Jen! Thank you, but I'm not on Facebook! I'll just have to hope that this thread livens up :lol:
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

That's a great way to look at it..I've flipped through them a few times at various bookstores.

This thread was livelier around the premiere and the Lex has been quiet in general but it's nice to see new people :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

It's interesting because they're not quite the picture I have in my head, so it's cool to see how close I was and how Stephenie mapped things out. I'd definitely recommend them.

Yeah I bet the boards were busier then! What did you think of the film? Ha, thanks! I'm trying to make my way around a few threads so I don't feel so much like a newbie. :lol:
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:It's interesting because they're not quite the picture I have in my head, so it's cool to see how close I was and how Stephenie mapped things out. I'd definitely recommend them.

Yeah I bet the boards were busier then! What did you think of the film? Ha, thanks! I'm trying to make my way around a few threads so I don't feel so much like a newbie. :lol:
It reminds me a lot of manga, which is interesting and different. I absolutely loved reading things like the directors notebook from Twilight and all the extras. BD2 was fantastic, the film was so rich and interesting and the battle scene such an intense twist!

I go through periods where I can post a lot and where I don't. I really loved the chapter discussions they have posted :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Yeah I can see why! I think the attraction is partly the pictures, and partly just having something new to pore over after what seems like a long time. :lol: I skimmed through the Director's Handbook but didn't buy it for reasons I can't even remember, I can imagine it being interesting though. I just ordered the Official Illustrated Guide for the same reasons!

I agree! The last two films were the best for me because of the detail they could go into by splitting the book. I nearly had a fit in the cinema until I reminded myself that the twist couldn't possibly be true. :lol:

Sure, it's a scheduling thing though I guess, real life versus what we actually want to do! I've been making my way through the Twilight chapter discussions as I read it, I'm really enjoying posting there!

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I just recently found the notebook for two bucks at my favorite used bookstore :) I bought the guide last year and it's fantastic! It adds so much depth to the stories.

Good for you for realizing that :) as soon as Carlisle died I started bawling and let out the biggest sigh of relief when it turned out it was a vision. I'm excited to see it again at some point.

Ah darn scheduling conflicts :) the chapter discussions are fun, I really need to go back and finish mine at some point!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh wow that's amazing! Insanely lucky, especially seeing how much you wound up enjoying it!
Yeah I've heard so many good reviews that I'm really excited to read it now! Exercising extreme self control to not spoil it by looking it up on the Internet :lol:

Me too! Even as the voice of reason in my head told me it couldn't be happening I was traumatised :lol: the entire cinema screamed the same sigh of relief, it was funny!

Haha I know, boo real life! How far did you get to with the summaries?

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh don't :) I flipped through it a few times before I caved and bought it. It's wonderful :) it's just so interesting with all the back stories for the characters.

I've done a fair amount of them, just depends on my mood and how much I felt like writing. Have you done a lot?

How many times have you seen the new movie? I'm waiting until it hits the cheap theater and I'm so excited for the DVD release, March 2nd according to Yahoo! Movies :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

It's in the post now so that's helping my self control! Going to need the postman to bring it SOON, hoping that we don't have any more snow to get in the way of post! The back stories are what I'm interested in the most, especially more detail of Alice's.

Yeah they require some deep thought if you haven't read the chapter recently! I think I'm around 6 chapters in of Twilight, filling the summaries in as I read the book!

I've only seen it once :( I watched it at a special showing where they showed all 5 films back to back with a midnight showing of BD2, so it was pretty awesome! Did you see it more than once?
Yeah I've heard February-March for the release, wish something would be confirmed! Preferably for January instead to save a wait :lol: