Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Obs~From the bottom of my heart I really hope that soon things will be nice and calm for you! Thanks for keeping everyone smiling and laughing despite everything! I have to admit I am totally jealous of the NKOTBSB concert, though I was never really a fan of BSB. I'm sure you and Holly are going to have tons of fun...I cant wait for the evidence to come out!!! ;)

Lily~I used to love having books, but now I have such a small amount of storage space that I can't keep them all...AND since books are like crack to me I want more than I can afford. My library is super small but there are two really close to me and they usual have anything I want to read. Also, paperbackswap.com is amazing because you can just exchange books for new ones (and just pay S&H about $3)
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Misty- Thanks!! That sounds great I am going to check it out!!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@oobs, if you ever need a shoulder..you know where to find me. You truly are an amazing woman and i think its really good that you want to stay friends for the kids and such. I hope your house sells soon.

@pharmer, i hear a lot of bad stuff on the news about australia, is everything safe where you live?

I havent been online much, so if i missed out on anything on facebook, please lemme know.

About the friend...i still havent emailed her back. I just dont know what to say...If i want to be mad, or just dissapointed, or pretend like nothing happened. I just dont know.
Have been working all week, not having a lot of energy sucks. Ive been living on tea for 2 weeks and my stomach still cant take everything.

I did do a freaky valentineslook today, and it turned out pretty awesome, so that will be on the blog soon.
:)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

OK so I'm not feeling well and I put on Eclipse with the commentary by Rob and Kristen and I am totally LOLing...oh my gosh! One of my favorite lines, "Taylor would be here but he's busy working out."
*sigh* ok that's all for now lol...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi everyone!! :wave:
So life goes on as icky as ever. STILL job hunting!! UGH!!! It's been over a year! I am so sick of this it's no fun & evil.

Since I was last on here I am officially closer to being 30 than 20. I hit the 2-6. It's so crazy!

MRK: I ♥ the Rob & Kristen EC commentary. Rob is so dang funny. I love them both.

I am watching Despicable Me right now. I LOVE love love this movie!! It's so good & funny. I love the minions. They are awesome.

Hope you all have a great week!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

So...i got an email by a girl/woman that ive met online through another beautyblog. Weve kept contact on facebook and now she sent me a really sweet message that she would like to meet me. She was really friendly and explained how she would love to have friends that go to fantasy fairs and such, and share the makeup obsession. She thought i was a kind person(awww) and that even though she was nervous about it, she would ask me if i wanted to meet.
I thought that took guts, and i deff want to meet up
but ofcourse..shes from the south...whil i live more north nowadays... we'll see.

and then i remembered i didnt email my 'bff' back...still dont know what to say :(

Also, my ''freaky' valentines look is up on the blog, go and take a look :)
Then i wanted to post it on sugarpills wall on facebook and saw they were having a love army contest...so i submitted 2 pics.
If anyone wants to vote for me, that would be awesome! :)
(voting starts tomorrow)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Pennybug, unemployment sucks! I've had it fairly easy, but I think it's a combination of a "harmless" look, good reviews and luck/timing. I have a few friends who have been battling it for years though. And the weirdest thing is, it seems the easiest to get a new job, when you already have one. I don't understand, I really don't. Especially here where you cannot just leave your work, like me, I'm bound by contract to work 3 months after resigning (same thing goes if I'm fired, I have 3 month left to work and find a new job) If I needed people for my company, I wouldn't hire a person I'd have to wait 3 month for,, but the one who could start tomorrow.

Lily, I hear you on the book buying. And even if I had the money, I just don't have the space :(

Janny, I am as always in awe at what you do with make-up! I really wish I had your inspiration and technique. I mean, when I really make an effort and "plaster" myself, I'm wearing mascara, a little eye shadow, maybe a slightly colored (but mostly translucent) creme, and if I go all in, lipstick (otherwise a light lip-gloss or just uncolored care ointment)

Me:
Today is my day off. I like having Wednesdays off, makes the weeks go faster. On the downside, it's also the day when I have time to go to the stores (which I don't on workdays) and I always end up spending way too much money.
Pup's growing like a weed, still, and have begun playing a lot on his own. However he loves being around other kids, and playing with them. Just yesterday he played with a boy who liked hugging, so he kept hugging pup, he got a bit wet though, 'cos pup kept kissing his cheeks :) and he's no stranger using tongue...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Happy Valentine's day to all. *looks around and wonders if everyone is seriously off gettin' busy, knockin' da boots, slappin' the goat', etc. Whatever it means in your country*

My Valentine's day plans are totally awesome. It's five in the morning right now, so I'm going to start work, since Monday is my totally busy day, then go work out at the gym (code for stare at hot dude abs while I listen to rock music and wonder how I can lure them back to my van), then spend the rest of the day in meetings discussing crap I have no clue about (I chime in every twenty six seconds with "I disagree. Look at the fiscal numbers compared to the actuals" even though I have no clue what that means. It does manage to make me look smart most of the time - The guys on the call were talking about steak last week, and I said that while of course not paying attention.) and then I'm going to take the kids to the park where a mom's club will no doubtedly be, looking at me with disdain as I give my kids the most sugariest treat from the vending machine there, while their kids are eating carrots and go-gurt. I will yell "Lulu - I swear to God if you don't get down from there I will make you wish you knew how to dial 911" at least twice and say "Alice stop licking that swing" probably three times. Then I'll come home, run around getting them ready to go to daycare tomorrow while prepping a dinner of veggies, since by that time the shame will set in about letting them eat crap all day, and then watch Tom & Jerry with Lulu while Ali bites my leg.

Yeah....you know that's how you wished you were spending your V-day.

Nothing much going on here. Week is slammed trying to prep for a move out. I discovered H&M only to realize they don't ship to the US and that sucks. Was excited to see that in Dallas there is an H&M pop up store (it popped up around Christmas) but it only carries "Concept clothing" and I have no clue what that means. The actual store won't open until August.

Have yet to watch Eclipse on DVD. Hooked on Vampire Diaries. Don't understand the fascination with Justin Bieber AT ALL.

That's all I have for today. Oh - I got a new phone. Scared of it still. It's a Droid X and I'm pretty sure it's going to try to kill me soon when it becomes self aware. Took me an hour to figure out how to turn it on.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day, filled with chocolate and flowers and all that jazz.

Smooches!
Ters
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Obs, I'm fairly sure Misty posted her valentine-wishes for you, on my FB wall, since all there was in my notification e-mail were boobies. And a few flowers and hearts, but mostly boobies...

My valentines day beats yours by miles! Slept in (aka 'till just after 6am), then showered with pup (because I worked so long yesterday night I couldn't shower then, I hate living in an apartment building) and swooshed of to daycare, having such a perfect day that dressing pup had been so swift that we were almost 5 minutes early.
Then came work, and thus came migraine...
By lunch it was living hell, but that has usually been the turning point the other Mondays (third in a row now) so I sucked it up. By 2-coffee it was beyond hellish and I was fighting to not throw up. Drove home, wanting to cry 'cos I have no shades in the car, the sun was shining BRIGHTLY from clear skies, reflecting in the weekends perfectly white snow and also in the ice on the road.
Plenty 'o painkillers later I am human, with a really bad headache, but human. Needs more meds, but not until the pup's changed (he reeks, my head don't like that) and in bed, because he'd scream away any benefits of med's if he decides he doesn't wanna sleep.

Totally having the best valentines day EVAH!
I haz lurves 4 U all
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Okay...for some reason I stopped getting notified about replies....gotta make sure I didn't accidentally spam it......

Pharmer....thanks for the advice!

Valentine's---everyone in my house was sick....so nobody really did anything. And I was single for yet another V-Day. *le sigh*

Bieber---I am a total Gleek, but I almost didn't watch the last episode because of this. As a result, I had that "Baby" song stuck in my head for three days. I tried singing Chop Suey by SOAD, but that didn't even work.

What's been occupying me lately? I bought seasons 2 and 3 of Avatar: The Last Airbender and I've been marathoning them every time nothing is on TV. I also bought the HP and the Goblet of Fire video game, but it's a little disappointing, so I'm glad it only cost $3.50.

That's about it for me! Love to all y'all!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....