Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I got interested in it when iTunes gave me a free episode years ago :) the free episode was so funny and sweet and I got hooked :) it was confirmed yesterday we get a final season!

Oh wow so he's interested in quite a few sports then..ack! Thank God Jason only really cares about American football, though we have a fairly successful soccer team in my state that some of my girlfriends love! There's talk we might be getting a new basketball team in time for next season which he would freak out over :P I've heard the Vampire Diaries is great! I've gotten him into most of my reality shows like Survivor and I watched the Olympics obsessively last summer!

Oh MJ did the same for me as well. I happened to read all four TW books back to back so New Moon didn't bug me but with MJ I was a wreck for days! I totally agree about Joanna and the other districts..so many unknowns! I really hope she writes a guide!

I haven't read Harry Potter yet, it never captured my attention but probably because I love happy stories and HP seems kinda intense. I love that TW at it's core is a love story :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Aww that's cool! And free stuff is always nice haha. Is the next season the last?

Yeah. He doesn't watch them all avidly - he mostly watches the teams he's into, and then watches the rest if there's not much else to do. Thank god he's not some addicted superfan or I'd go crazy! Ha, cool lots of new teams for you to be told about! Yeah the Vampire Diaries is really good. It's on a series break here at the minute, but it's supposed to come back this month at last! The Olympics were a huge thing over the summer. Everyone was interested I think!

I hope she does too! I have no idea what she's writing next, do you?

Yeah Twilight definitely benefits from knowing it'll have a happy ending! Harry Potter is a brilliant read, it can get a little intense yeah but I think it's worth the intensity to read it! If you can get past it :)

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah next season is the last and final season :) I haven't heard about the renewal of my other favorite-Big Bang Theory- but it's so popular I'm sure it'll get renewed.

Oh that's nice he's not too crazy into it :) I love it when my favorite dramas are back!

I haven't thought to check her website to see what she's up to..hmm.

HP is such a commitment since its so long. I consider it every now and then :) how was your weekend?

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Ohh I LOVE Big Bang! Season 6 hasn't finished over here yet, but I can't see them not renewing it. It's too popular to not renew! The last episode over here was the one where Amy is ill and has Sheldon look after her. :lol:

Yeah I think I'm more into my tv than he is into sports. As long as he gets the check the score every now and again he's settled lol.

I haven't either. The last time I tried her website (it was a few years ago) it was basically just a list of books and publishers and a quick bio, so I didn't bother checking it again. It might be interesting to now though, if there are details about what she's working on. I'll have a look later.

Yeah it's quite a big series now that it's finished! Worth a read if you can spare the time, though. My weekend was pretty quiet, just tried to catch up on some studying and hung out with my sister. We had sunshine for a few minutes, but it didn't stop if being freezing cold! It's blanket weather still. How was yours?
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

So I'm a bit behind guys but I was realizing that 1) I have the Illustrated Guide, it was the Director's Notebook I didn't buy, 2) The Wizarding World book is actually called "Harry Potter: Film Wizardry" and has a lot of cool stuff that you can't get elsewhere, and 3) I want to go to the Harry Potter theme park SO BAD!!!

Also, you guys read any good books lately outside of HG? I've gotten a series recommendation from a friend of mine that I need to check out, it's called the Dragonborn series by G.A. Aiken. I can't start it yet, though, until I finish re-reading The Hobbit and FINALLY finish The Silmarillion (this is my 4th try to get through it).
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Is the series you're working on dystopian? I'm realizing that after I read half of Divergent that I don't care for that genre beyond the HG. I'm more into chick lit..Emily Giffin is a favorite but I'm also a huge fan of Sarah Dessen. I'm thinking about reading the Hobbit as well..

Ah you're so you're only a few episodes behind us :) season 6 is still airing here as well. I love it :)

HP seems really interesting so I go back and forth on it..Daniel Radcliffe is pretty cute but not more than Rob Pattinson of course :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

:lol: Easy mistake! Did you enjoy the Illustrated Guide? I finally finished it and I loved it! I can't decide whether I liked the vampire back stories or the werewolf family trees best. The fanart was gorgeous too. One day I'll get to the HP themepark!

The last new (to me) book series that I finished was Holly Black's Curseworkers series. I'd recommend it; it's very unique, and very cleverly done. It surprised me several times, and the writing switches between reading like poetry and being full of gritty sort of wit. Loved it.
I haven't heard of either of those books, you'll have to let me know what they're about when you've read them! I wanted to read The Hobbit and the LotR series but to be honest, they scared me away with how huge they are, and that's not easily done. I couldn't even sit through the films in one go; I had to watch each one half at a time.
I have Divergent sitting on my shelf because I loved the look of it, but I haven't actually read it yet. Is it the genre that puts you off, or the actual book? I think the dystopian thing has to be done properly to be able to draw me in - Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series was a good example of that. The first three were really good, but the fourth was terrible and put me off the series as a whole. Crazy.
I haven't read much in the way of good chick lit in a while! Sophie Kinsella's Twenties Girl was good (she's the woman behind Confessions of a Shopaholic, though I haven't read those) but I'm still looking for good YA chick lit. E. Lockhart has the market cornered for me on that genre so far.

Lol! I never got the Daniel Radcliffe thing... He's very endearing though. :lol:

Wow, that was a ramble. Apparently I shouldn't get started on talking about books!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

But books are so much fun :)

Sarah Dessen is wonderful with YA chick lit and I've read her stuff for years. Meg Cabot (the Princess Diaries) is good too. I think it was the dystopian genre in general..I will have to check out Sophie Kinsella. I remember I saw part of Confessions of a Shopalic :)

Ah most girls I know love Daniel Radcliffe :) maybe it's just the American girls?

Glad you liked the guide. Yay!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Very true lol!

I've heard really good things about Sarah Dessen but haven't actually read any of her books. Tempted to start though, sometimes I need a rest from supernatural! Any best books to start with? I've read Princess Diaries and All American Girl and loved both series :)
Yeah I understand why, HG is different to anything regardless of genre so it makes sense that you could like it but not other books under the same label! I've seen the film and liked it, haven't read the books though.

Maybe! He's very very British, so that makes sense :lol:

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Very true lol!

I've heard really good things about Sarah Dessen but haven't actually read any of her books. Tempted to start though, sometimes I need a rest from supernatural! Any best books to start with? I've read Princess Diaries and All American Girl and loved both series :)
Yeah I understand why, HG is different to anything regardless of genre so it makes sense that you could like it but not other books under the same label! I've seen the film and liked it, haven't read the books though.

Maybe! He's very very British, so that makes sense :lol:

Excuse the double post! I have no idea how it happened or how to delete it :/