Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

@pharmer, i know the vaccins are a dead flu, but it made sid sick anyway. if he gets sick of fighting of the dead flu, what good does it do?
and this yr he already had the flu so i wasnt sure it would be worth anything anymore.
Still ive contacted his diabetescontact and she said to take it, to just make sure.
so he did yesterdayevening. in a month orso he has to get the mexican/new flu vaccin.

About the medcines: i -refuse- to take a diff brand of my pil. ive taken this one for over 11 years and never had any probs with it. Im not going to change it to something i might get lots of sideeffects by, or worse, get pregnant.
luckely my insurance does pay it, so im good.
But we do get diff makes of the same medicines once in a while. My mycrogynon and my xyzal both have been French once in a while. And sids medicine have had changes of boxes as well. im not sure if they are cheaper, or other brands, because i dont know that much about them, they do have the same name though.
(simvastatine, metformine and the new one: tolbutamide)
Anyway, the tolbutamide is the reason his sugarlevels have been stabilizing a lot more than the past 2 yrs.

@therealmrswhitlock, thanx for the congrats :)

BTW can someone explain to me the diff between mrs, ms, and so on? We dont really have that around here, and i see those a lot in books.
btw yeah we do have a lot of faires around here, although we call them ''kabouters'', its more like a leprechaun i think.
they always snag our leftsocks and those stretchythingies you use to tie your hair(whats the right english word for that, not scrunchie)

@pharmer, havent read it yet, im being consumed by the dresden files lately.

@paulinha, that is SO true, we should set up a company of sorts ;)

@cantbreathe, im so jealous you all have a real halloween, its not a real holiday around here :(

@lieze, i know the feeling. i came home at 16:30 yesterday, watched some tv, made dinner, fell asleep at 1900 orso and sid woke me up at 2300. and not long after that i went to bed, and slept my Why are we talking about a donkey? off again. i dont think thats really healthy...

i havent been to the hairdressers since....april 2002, hahaha.
sid dyed my hair on saturday, the top part thats my natural colour. and the bottom part has been turning brown and red the last few years. now, in the sun its almost orange!!! hahaha. well seves me right, for being a blonde who hides it by dying her hair black..or something like that. i actually think it looks pretty cool.

@pharmer, hahaha you just want to see the hawtness of her costume :PP

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

jasmine wrote:@@therealmrswhitlock, thanx for the congrats :)

BTW can someone explain to me the diff between mrs, ms, and so on? We dont really have that around here, and i see those a lot in books.

@lieze, i know the feeling. i came home at 16:30 yesterday, watched some tv, made dinner, fell asleep at 1900 orso and sid woke me up at 2300. and not long after that i went to bed, and slept my Why are we talking about a donkey? off again. i dont think thats really healthy...
I'm pretty sure one of them means 'non married woman', like what we would call 'Juffrouw', and the other means married woman (titel of 'mevrouw'), on legal documents we do have that here in belgium.
But now I'm starting to doubt which means which.

Well, I think I'm just terrible tiered because of the amouth of work I pulled of lately. Working around 55 hours a week (instead of the normal 38), yesterday I came home at a reasonable hour and spend it all sleeping :p
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I knew the answer but still wikied that s'hit:

Mrs (UK) or Mrs. (USA) is an English honorific used for women, usually for those who are married and who do not instead use another title, such as “Dr”, “Lady” or “Dame”. The pronunciation varies regionally but is usually (/ˈmɪsɨz/ or /ˈmɪsɨs/). An exception is the American South and some sub-cultures, where the “s” and “z” sounds are sometimes slurred together, sounding very much like the way “Ms.” is pronounced. In most Commonwealth countries and Ireland, a full stop (period) does not usually follow the abbreviated form: “Mrs Price”. In the U.S. a period is used: this divergence in custom is discussed in the history section of the article on Abbreviation.

“Mrs” originated as a contraction of the honorific “Mistress”, the feminine of “Mister” or “Master”, which was originally applied to both married and unmarried women. The split into “Mrs” for married women from “Ms” and “Miss” began during the 17th century [1][2]

It is rare for Mrs to be written in non-abbreviated form and lacks a standard phonetic spelling. In literature it may appear as “missus” or “missis” in dialogue, and a variant in the works of Thomas Hardy and others is “Mis’ess”, reflecting its etymology. "Misses" has been used but is ambiguous as this is also used as a plural for "Miss". The plural of “Mrs.” is from the French: “Mesdames.” This may be used as is in written correspondence, or may be abbreviated “Mmes.”

more info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

*ducks head in for quick sec*

I'm at work today for seriously---like 45 min. It's raining, so I got here late, and I have a doctor's appt, so I'm about to go. I'm salaried---so as long as I'm here for any part of the day, I get paid. Woot Woot!

Um----quick catch up---saw two movies this weekend, one good, one bad----Invention of Lying wasn't all that great, and I love Ricky Gervais, so a little miffed at that. On the other hand PARANORMAL ACTIVITY----Jeez peeps----If you LOVE scary movies, go freaking see this. I typically hate all new scary movies because come on, they just aren't scary---but this one freaking delivers and hubs is now having nightmares lol. Was awesome, although I shouldn't have went and seen it while pregnant as Alice kicked me throughout the whole freaking thing. Paranormal can mostly be compared to Blair Witch Project without the shaky cam that makes you super nauseous. So just go see it, k?

Pharm---will go read that one shot today. Thanks for the heads up.
Wish I had some great wisdom to impart, but alas, I'm just me. Have a great Tuesday peeps!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Shortened version of Ninna's answer:
Mrs. ->married woman Mrs. Bella Cullen
Ms. -> unmarried woman (usually older, divorced , or widowed)
Miss-> young girl
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

At work!! :D :D :D

Working at home is simply the best thing ever!!!! I'm so happy! :D

I want Halloween here too!! :cry: :cry: I wanna dress up as a fairy, with white shiffon wings and loads of glitter! Or maybe a vampire with fake realistic fangs and blood dripping from my mouth... Oh oh oh! I wanna dress up as a Elf!! A 17th century princess or an odalisque. Gypsy, Astronaut, Hobbit, CAT WOMAN!!! (the last one would be at least interesting since i'm overweight.... :lol: )
*sigh*

And we don't even have those "fests" that Jasmine have. And dressing up at carnaval is for kids... :evil:

Anyway, how is everybody??
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

MRK wrote:Shortened version of Ninna's answer:
Mrs. ->married woman Mrs. Bella Cullen
Ms. -> unmarried woman (usually older, divorced , or widowed)
Miss-> young girl
Hmmmm... I always thought it was:
Mrs. = married
Ms. = either married or unmarried, kind of like the female "Mr." (or as my mom says... it means "none of your business")
Miss = unmarried

My mom has always gone by "Ms." because she thinks its dumb that female titles specify whether the woman is married or not and male titles don't... since they all get "Mr." And she has rubbed off on me- whenever I have paperwork to fill out I always put "Ms." down.

Sami: I would love to go with you and Tabs to the circus thing! Keep me posted on when you all are doing it! Are you going to be in LA when New Moon comes out or will you have headed home for Thanksgiving already? Because I think the 3 of us should get together and go see :D

Pharmer: I was afraid that my post in the fanfiction thread would be taken the wrong way. I wasn't trying to say they should stop, I just honestly find the issue really interesting. Maybe its the nerdy law student in me, lol. I haven't taken copyright and trademark classes but I might next semester. I wonder if they talk about fanfiction in it. Lol.
And as long as it isn't horrible, I will post a pic of the costume when it gets here.

Jasmine: The dark hair suits you so well, I can't believe that you are a blond! How long have you been dying it? I think you should post a picture of you as a blond ;)

Well, off to "work" I go, hope you all have a great day!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Ok so Im gonna go all Twilighty on you all...

#1. Have you all heard the New Moon soundtrack is being released early? This Friday!!!

#2. Do any of you watch the Twilight Spotlight show on Reelz Channel on Sat.? My hubby set it up to record the series for me...*good boy*
Anywayz this week was all about PFach! I had no idea he had been turned down for the part of Carlilse at first! I honestly <3 him in that role! They said he was too young and they wanted someone about 10 yrs older...but the original actor ended up not being able to do it...so the rest is history!
Good choice in the end I think...Carlilse was supposed to be very young loooking...23 right? I think Peter did a very good job, making Carlilse seem MUCH older than he looked if that makes sense.
Only about a month to New Moon...and even less for the new addition to the Lex family!! I can't wait...November is going to be the best month!!!

Mrs., Ms. & Miss...yeah I think we do that here too Becca, but its very uncommon here (with the whole hide the status thing) I'm not sure I ever heard of anyone doing that...(personally...I mean I;m sure somewhere in my loverely State someone does it)
In the south we did have to use Miss all the time for teachers...I totally forgot about that! *slaps hand*
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

aurora, especially for you:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1309688754

this is my original haircolour..with some purple strands in it. I had a perm, and short hair because of that. Before this it was a a lot like it is now, just a lill straighter and lill less long. This is one of the last pic that were made of me with blond hair..as far as i know.... ive dyed my hair since may of 2002.
Since then, my hair has reacted to my dye and gave off lots of red pigment(apparantly you can have that when your blond). So the bottom of my hair and some locks(getting more everyday), are turning brown/red and even orange if the sun hits it right.
anyway: heres my original colour(i dont have other pics of it online, since my hd from those yrs crashed with 5 yrs worth of pics.):
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1309688754

oe, found an older one, hair seems darker than it is because of hairproducts orso:
http://members.chello.nl/j.dorst3/pics/broerenik.jpg

@paulinha, do as i do, just give parties where ppl have to dress up for, its fun! :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/