Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Eh... did I miss something? Have we even mentioned said Guide here?

I'm not saying the books are bad, quite the opposite, as though I am resistant I could not stop reading. they are well written, but I find that they have a lot of "word-pooping" that has no other purpose than taking up space. Tolkien has somewhat the same. Lots and lots of info, but if you skip a page or two, you still won't miss anything as far as the story goes.
I dislike how it ended in book 3, it seems like there was an opening for more books, but I don't see why since he died before the first one was published. Which sucks, but also I think contributed to his fame, critics seems to have easier being nice to dead people, maybe because they won't get conceited?
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Omg Nina word pooping, I love it. That's a perfect description for some books I've read. This probably will be an unpopular opinion but I found some of anne Rice's book to be like that. There were pages and pages of description in her books and I found sometimes I wanted to skip ahead. I've only read the first 3 of the lestat books so maybe it gets better, but sometimes I found her writing boring.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

I havent been online much, not just here, but on twitter and facebook aswell.

Ive had a busy month and now ive finally got some free days for myself. Going to use them to clean up our house with has become a chaos, hahahah.
This weekend is the fantasy fair, and im really looking forward on going, the weather is supposed to be good, and ive already done a try out makeup look(pics are on the blog).

Ive started reading the hunger games and even though the story isnt THAT good, it does have the same thing twilight does, it read very very easily and makes time dissapear. Im halfway through book 2 now, and ill finish the series soon enough.

Ive also read the new Dresden Files book, Changes, but im not sure if i like where they are going with the story :(

Ive also got the newest Sooki Stackhouse laying here, and i have to decide if i want to re-read the series first, its been a while since ive read them, not sure where I am, or where the characters are now, especially cause of True Blood and its story line.

Also got the new Mercedes Thompson, but Sid called dibs, so i have to wait for that one :)

[edit] took out a lot of typos, remind me not to typ much when ive got a migraine....
Last edited by jasmine on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hello everyone.

My name is Chrissy and I just recently turned 20 (I see Chelsea beat me to the intro, lol, Hi!) and I was hoping to meet some new members of the Lex here. =) I'm also still a part of the t(w)een thread (I can't let my t(w)eens go, lol).

There's not much to me. I'm from Chicago but I've recently moved to Iowa. I'm a college student, a web design major, and a music fanatic.

Hoping I get to chat with you all soon. =)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Welcome Chrissy... we are a big family here so enjoy being in the 20 something thread!!!

Ninna- I didn't see any postings about the guide... hmmm maybe it was posted in every thread??

Jasmine- I thought that The Hunger Games was a great storyline.. I haven't read anything like that before and thought it to be very creative and intriguing. It was a very easy read and glad it was! I haven't started the 2nd one yet, but then again I have a ton of books to read.

I just picked up my cap and gown today for graduation!! Ahhh so excited!!! However, I am really considering starting my certification in Special Ed and starting on my Master's sometime soon. Maybe after the wedding!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Aww! Lily! That is so cool! I think this world needs some more really great Special Ed teachers! I'm so happy for you and your graduation/wedding!!!

Ninna~ I think that was just a general warning for all threads! Are you enjoying hubby time?? Love you as always! :D

Janny~Loved the Hunger Games...the first two in the series are the best ones...I love your peacock makeup for the Fair!! I can't wait to see pics from this year! Have fun!!

Hello to the Newbies!!!

Tomorrow is my wedding anni...9 years!! (We have been together for 16 total!) WHEW!!! Happy to say, we're happier than ever!!
Next Tuesday I fly *shudder* to Nashville to meet up with my parents and my little (15 yr old) brother to see Lady Gaga in concert. I like her, but really have no desire to go to the concert other than my brother is her biggest fan and he is sooo geeked about it! LOL...so it should be really fun to witness his love of Gaga! I just DREAD the flight! ICK!

Anyway, hope you all have good Spring breaks/Easter vacations!!!!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

MRK wrote:Ninna~ I think that was just a general warning for all threads! Are you enjoying hubby time?? Love you as always! :D
Yep, it was, Bac mailed me :) I was kinda afraid someone had been out of line (you know how we can get), and the posts erased and the whole shebang.
I'm kinda having trouble with that, yesterday was packed, and then today he got a job offer, leaving Saturday... So now we're contemplating that.... If he should go or not.... And it's way too soon, but then again, because the last job didn't let him leave, meaning he was 1 week overdue home, he's missed out on some other job offers...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Finished the Hunger Games, and now onto the forelast Sookie tackhouse, to get into the story before I read the latest.
Im not sure what I think about Hunger Games. I wanted to read it fast, and couldnt really put it down. But the story sometimes just didn't feel very well-written to me, almost like someone couldn't make up his minde about how the story should go. But it was a nice change fom my usual books, and I dont regret buying them.

My costume wont be anything special, it's just the same one, with some other makeup. I didnt have the time to make something new, and i thought this one deserved some more attention anyway.
I am thinking about a phoenix costume and even a medusa one, so we'll see if I ever get to those.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

Aww shucks at everyone who welcomed me. :mrgreen:
-hugs to everyone-
I think i might try posting more often.
i'm just lazy at times, like some people here.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Wow no one has posted in a couple of days!

Just wanted to post something so we can bump this baby up. 6 months from today I will be a married lady!!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3