Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

In Twilight news:

Go to this link (it's on Eonline)

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b149746 ... _gets.html

Has a couple of new pics of New Moon, one where Bells is sitting between Jake and Mike at the movies. Um---anyone else think Mike looks, er, huskier? His face filled out! He's still a cutie though. Bella looks, well, sour, but I suppose that's how it goes. She does look good though!

And of course you get the Rpatzness on that page too:)

That's all! Off to finish this delicious Chicken Fried Steak (don't tell my vegetarian pals I ate this---can't help it---anything deep fried and slathered in gravy is for me---men included:)

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

thats the scene where they oth take the arms of the chairs to nsee if bella takes their hands....i would look sour in that position aswell, hahah.

so..we have new windows, they were here at 7:30 not 7:15, so that took away 15 more mins of sleep, and they had me in the cold till 12 orso. so ive had 3 hot water bottles today.

other company dropped a letter in my mailbox, they wanted to come tomorrow...uhm...no? im not changing plans i half a day because those guys cant plan and do their work right.
so..they are coming mondaymorning before we go to work. and ihave to clean the bedroom...which sounds a lot less hard than its going to be.

anyway, thats all folks..

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Paulinha...I agree with everything Terry said. Its ok to feel as you do...actually it's really great that you know you arent ready to have kids, and youre willing to wait it out and see what happens. Not everyone HAS to be a parnet and not everyone SHOULD be a parent...but that doesn't mean they're selfish or uncaring people.
I also agree with Ninna...you are so caring and kind I think you would be a great mom.
I swore up and down I would NEVER have kids...but obviously that changed! I still swear I'm not going to have another one...but I've been feeling that itch!

Ters~ What did your test show?

Ninna~Two weeks til SHim is due!! Hope shim is on time!!!

Sarah and Bex Have fun meeting and get lots of pics tomorrow!

Tabs So glad u made it back to LA!!

Meg cant wait til New Moon so you can get here already lol

Janny sorry bout the windows!
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Happy Hump Day peeps!

MRK---test I guess showed all normal readings. It's weird---first time around it showed normal after that one hour test. Now, with second kid, when I did one hour glucose it showed 169 (anything over 140 is a fail) and 3 hour showed sort of low. Oh well. Either way, they say no pregnancy diabetes so yeah!....and yeah---I said NO KIDS. Now I have two. I say no to three though (although don't ever hold me to anything I say EVER)

I'm trying to find the mermaid pic you drew----I put it up after I got it to find a frame and to keep it safe while we were prepping the nursery. Now, it's totally MIA and Lulu says she has it. Does anyone realize how hard it is to communicate with an almost three year old? I have no clue if she's hording it or lying. I continue to search---it gives me a reason to get organized anyways. If I don't find it soon, I'm commissioning you for another. And probably one for Alice too.

Ninna---man time flies....except at the very end. At least that's how I feel. Right now time is flying because I seriously have a thousand things to do before I pop this kid out---and of course my kids always want to come around the busy Christmas holidays. I'm going to have two kids and a husband all with birthdays within days of each other and Christmas. Not freaking cool. Anyways, how are you holding up? Begging someone to just pull that sucker out yet?

Hubs bought me a box of New Moon Sweethearts---by far the most cheesiest Twilight themed thing I've seen so far (ok...the cruise and the edward pillowcase are cheesey too). I just ate a "dazzle" one and I left "Bite Me" on the Ruthicon's desk.

I am going to freaking try Indian food next week. I gave myself a deadline, and it's up next week. I even got my more cultured friends to give me places to try, so I'm going to try one next week. I hear Indian food is big in like England and stuff----I mean, on Gordon Ramsey shows and BBC shows they talk a lot about curry take-a-ways (I love saying take-a-ways instead of take out or pick up). I have tried a mild curry yellow sauce. I like the way curry tastes I think---I want something spicy, but not like goat eyes or something freaky...at least not yet. Ill stick to veggies and chicken and stuff.

As you can see, I'm totally a boring person with absolutely nothing exciting to discuss other than Indian food.

Baby shower is on 11/14. We are having Genghi's Grill---aka---make your own stir fry. I figured that was a safe place to take folks.

Going out to celebrate getting older this weekend since the big day is next Tuesday.

Hope everyone is doing ok and big kisses to all, especially to Janny who is a frozen pvc popsicle!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

obieewok wrote: Ninna---man time flies....except at the very end. At least that's how I feel. Right now time is flying because I seriously have a thousand things to do before I pop this kid out---and of course my kids always want to come around the busy Christmas holidays. I'm going to have two kids and a husband all with birthdays within days of each other and Christmas. Not freaking cool. Anyways, how are you holding up? Begging someone to just pull that sucker out yet?

Obs
Nope, still feeling obnoxiously good :mrgreen: I realize with almost 30 kilos (or around 60 pounds) of extra weight on my body this is a slap in the face of all the people being incapacitated by 5 mere kilos, but hey, I'm both stubborn and a dragon... And also, since no one told me beforehand I wouldn't be able to do stuff like cartwheels, I didn't know. Hence I still could because I didn't know I shouldn't be able to. If it doesn't make sense, that's just fine, just nod and look happy and agree with me :mrgreen:

Going for another 1 hour walk *BLÄK!* (I need a vomiting smiley here) walks are something the devil invented to punish those who are too fat to get enough movement of body by exercising 4-5 times a week. AKA me... but they worked, so I guess I'll better keep it up.

edit:
How do you guys like my new banner? Becca sent me this sticker, and I just had to scan it and make a banner out of it.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@ninna, omg, that banner is exactly like a button sid has on his workingbag! We bought it at the fantasyfair, they had bumperstickers aswell. :)

I dont have much to tell today, sisterinlaw is in her 30th week of pregnancy and finally her bf made the extra wall upstairs to create a bedroom for the baby. So now she has to wallpaper it and stuff. A bit late, but at least its finally done.
Im thinking she'll pop around xmas, shes due around newyears, but since ive already got a lot to juggle around on xmas and the week before, im betting itll show up right then.
Im going to my parents on the 20th and 21th of dec. My grandma is celebrating her 80th bday on the 21ste and my dads bday is at the 23rd. Hopefully, this way we will be here when my sisterinlaw pop, i know sid would like to be here when it happens. And not on the other side of the country.

btw anyone has any good ideas to give a grandma for her 8p0th bday....i got nuthing... :(
shes not into lush, i already gave her protrait pics of me and sid, and wedding pics, she collects owls, but ive already gave her so many and she doesnt wan any doubles....and he cabinet is pretty full wit it.
*sigh*

im not at work today, because we had so lill packages, i wouldnt even be working long enough to get back my trainticket. fridaynight the xmas stuff will be launched online, so everyone is waiting for that before they order. oh well at least itll be busy on monday. AND apparantly we had a staff parcel again, with all the new xmas stuff....but now i have to wait till monday to get that. a collegue of mine told me it was -big-. w000h000.
And the halloween stguff will be in store aswell, have to pick up 2 big bottles of Ghost, since sid is addicted to it.(and its limited to halloween only)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Janny what about one of those "My Life" journals where she record memories and things throughout her life? I got (made actually) one for my grandma and my hubs grandma...who passed away soon after...but she got to fill some of it out, and its a really great thing to have.

Ninna <3 the banner! It is sooooo you! LOL...*note to self: when meeting Ninna...hide the ketchup*

Bex and Sarah~keep having fun!!! And stirring up trouble ;)
SarahGoddard

Post by SarahGoddard »

Hello!

Man I have been absent for SOOO long. Should've have seen me stumbling around trying to find the new thread. I'm SORRY! But I think we all have periods where we go MIA. Anyways I'm sorry and I promise I do think of and miss you guys when I'm not here. (Ask Becca, she can verify)

So yep I'm here in sunny Scotland with Becca! (Who by the way is an awesome host and even more superly cool in person than on the Lex and Facebook) I think we are sufficently boring James because we are both on laptops catching up with the world at the same time. Hehehe

I saw a survey thing on the first page which may be a bit old now but I might have to do just so people remember who I am!

Name: Sarah
Year you graced us by being born: 1987
Locale: London baby!
Slave to da man?: Events Fundraiser for a charity
Spawn?:Nope
Doing anyone?: Chance'd be a fine bloody thing!:)
Tats/Piercings: Nope hate needles
Attracted to: Humour, slight "geekiness" but in my opinion there not geeks. Medium or long hair. Cant deal with short
Turn offs: Idiots (as in bigots etc not just a bit daft), big headed-ness.
TV Watching: Traditional British comedy (Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers etc) Comedy panel shows (Mock the week, QI etc) American comedy such as Friends, Will and Grace, Big Bang theroy. Also a big fan of nature documentries :)
Reading: Just finished The Lost Symbol, reading the Time Travellers Wife on the plane and its already my new fav book!
Lex member you want to recommend: Everyone is super amazing but at the mo Becca for being an amazing hostess with da mostess!
Favorite movie of all time: Tough call. I can only pick one? Labyrinth

Ok I feel that I'm being a bit of a bad guest although Becca is also online. Hehe. Just wanted to drop in to say I love you all, send you massive Emmett hugs and update you on the meet up (which dispite the horrendously "cruel" *giggles* joke on Facebook) is going amazingly!

Chat to you soon! xxx

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

missed you Sarah! And not just cause you say words like "daft" *sigh!*
Have fun with Becca!!