Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh yes, Alice's story was probably the best :) I loved reading Emmett's story too! Have you been getting a lot of snow? We haven't gotten any yet just lots of frost. Hope it gets to you soon!

Oh cool, you did the marathon :) I didn't want to sit in the theater that long! I've only seen it once too, I'm waiting for it to hit the cheaper theater. We got the official release date here, March 2nd, so hopefully it'll release in a similar time frame for you!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh cool is there a lot more detail on Emmett's? We only really had some yesterday and I don't think it's turned to ice much so that's cool! It's my day off today so I was hoping for snow too. Hopefully you'll have snow too! Lots of snow days :)

Yeah stuck it out! Had to take an energy drink to stay awake though :lol: it was a long time in the screen but worth it, they showed premiere footage between the films too so that was a nice flashback! Does it show again in the cinema for you then? After it does about a month here it goes off for good until the DVD comes out. Cool that you can see it wore March though! Yeah hopefully the release days are similar :)

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah we get to hear all of Emmett's story too as well as most of the minor characters :)

I'm quite okay without snow ;) but thanks! Cold and clear is my favorite, if only because Washington gets so much wetness other times of the year!

That's impressive :) I would've loved to see TW and NM on the big screen since I didn't find the series until right before the Eclipse premiere. They tend to leave things in theaters for a while, especially the popular movies! I'm lucky to have a cheaper theater that shows movies that came out a while ago for a lot less. It's where I saw the hunger games :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Sounds like I definitely made the right decision to buy it!! :)

Yeah with the amount of rain that England gets I can sympathise! I like the snow because it's a nice change, but then it freezes to slush or ice and I remember why I prefer summer!

Yeah because sometimes the audience can make a film. Everyone cheered in Twilight when Edward and Carlisle entered, and in New Moon when Jacob takes his shirt off. :lol:
That sounds like a good idea, I wish we had cinemas like that here! What did you think of The Hunger Games film? I liked it, but I didn't agree with the casting choice for Peeta so that spoiled it a little for me.

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ah you so understand!! It rains a fair amount here but lately it's just been cold, minus the wet, which is better because to me, the wet makes you colder :) how's it like in England? I've been itching to go there for years!

I usually wait to rent movies versus seeing them in the theater, though I have that great option in front of me :) I have a hard time sitting still, haha.

I liked the Hunger Games quite a bit. Thought it was well done, not as graphic or depressing as the books, thank God! I rather liked Josh as Peeta but you're not the first person I've heard complain. Who else was in mind for the role?

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Yes, totally! Yeah, being wet is horrible because the cold seems to just sink in deeper. It's very cold, ridiculously cold and there's frost everywhere! All of the snow has melted into puddles that are now ice :( go to Ireland instead, it's better! :lol:

Yeah there's a novelty about being able to pause the film and move around! I do like the atmosphere of a cinema, but you can't complain about having the film at home without people ruining it. Though to be fair I'm one of those people who gives a running commentary on the film so I'm probably just as annoying :lol:

Yeah, the parts that were supposed to be sad like
Rue were still tragic but the tone of the film didn't seem as dark as the tone of the book! I thought Elizabeth Banks was amazing as Effie. I don't know, I guess I didn't have an actor in mind but something about Josh didn't click with me! Lucas Till was probably the closest I'd imagined, but I'm not sure I'd have been happy with him either. Liam Hemsworth's Gale actually made me like movie Gale a whole lot more than book Gale, too, weirdly enough.

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Liam Hemsworth is such a iffy thing for me because I look at him and think- he's Miley Cyrus's boyfriend..but he was rather likable in that role isn't he? :) I liked Josh as Peeta but then again I didn't read the books until June, after the movie came out. I liked that the movie wasn't as dark as the book but that's just me because I like light hearted movies :)

Ah, Ireland sounds gorgeous :) it's definitely a dream of mine!

I talk a little too, don't worry and I probably would've been talking the entire marathon :) I was recently dumped when I saw Eclipse at midnight and I wanted to scream out during the proposal scene but feared I would start a riot haha.

therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Decided to jump in since you guys are talking about Hunger Games! I loved Josh as Peeta! (I read the entire series just before the movie came out.) And I will just point out that the further I got into the books the more I disliked Gale. And after what happened with Prim....well let's just say I can understand why Katniss decided to stick with Peeta. I won't say more on that in case either of you haven't read all 3 books. (Side note: if you haven't, be prepared to have a box of tissues for Mockingjay). Catching Fire is my fave out of all 3, but I'm really iffy on this guy they got to play Finnick. He's not at ALL the way I imagined Finnick in the book. Hopefully he does my favourite character justice.

Anyway, just had to jump in there and say yay hunger games!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Lol feel free to join in! I've read them all and I will 2nd that Gale is sort of a jerk, especially in MJ!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

TwilightFan87 wrote:Liam Hemsworth is such a iffy thing for me because I look at him and think- he's Miley Cyrus's boyfriend..but he was rather likable in that role isn't he? :) I liked Josh as Peeta but then again I didn't read the books until June, after the movie came out. I liked that the movie wasn't as dark as the book but that's just me because I like light hearted movies :)

Ah, Ireland sounds gorgeous :) it's definitely a dream of mine!

I talk a little too, don't worry and I probably would've been talking the entire marathon :) I was recently dumped when I saw Eclipse at midnight and I wanted to scream out during the proposal scene but feared I would start a riot haha.
On the whole I definitely prefer his brother ;) I hadn't seen him in anything before The Hunger Games, and I only knew him as Miley Cyrus's boyfriend, so I didn't have high expectations either... Especially seeing as I wasn't keen on Gale as a character at all. He totally won me over with his portrayal though, because I think it's a lot different to the books. He's more relatable, less of a jerk. I read the books before there was a film in the lines so I guess my idea of Peeta was just unshakable! yeah, I think the kind of darkness that the books have is hard to translate anyway onto the screen. The film worked better for being more light hearted.

It is! I can't wait to go back already. :roll:

Haha it's nice to know that I'm not the only one! Oh, that's horrible :( not the sort of film you want to watch after a break-up? Or therapy of sorts? Any sort of noise will start a riot with the films in the cinema though. :lol:
therealmrswhitlock wrote:Decided to jump in since you guys are talking about Hunger Games! I loved Josh as Peeta! (I read the entire series just before the movie came out.) And I will just point out that the further I got into the books the more I disliked Gale. And after what happened with Prim....well let's just say I can understand why Katniss decided to stick with Peeta. I won't say more on that in case either of you haven't read all 3 books. (Side note: if you haven't, be prepared to have a box of tissues for Mockingjay). Catching Fire is my fave out of all 3, but I'm really iffy on this guy they got to play Finnick. He's not at ALL the way I imagined Finnick in the book. Hopefully he does my favourite character justice.

Anyway, just had to jump in there and say yay hunger games!
Hi! I'm sort of new, I'm Kat :)
I just couldn't get into Josh as Peeta, maybe it's just me! I totally agree with your opinion of Gale though, by Mockingjay I had a pretty strong dislike for him, even as I could understand his reasons for acting the way he did. He was just kind of a massive jerk. Katniss and Peeta all the way (and I wept like a baby reading Mockingjay!) Catching Fire was my favourite too, so I'm sort of nervous about seeing it on the screen! They have a lot to portray in a short screen time. I like the look of Sam for Finnick! I absolutely loved him in the books and so Sam has a challenge ahead. Look wise he isn't far off for me, but obviously no guy was actually going to be able to live up to Finnick. :lol: