Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:We broke up half-day from school so I'm officially off for a while! Exciting times haha. I head off home tomorrow. It'll be good to see him and test the waters on if we can be okay again instead of just over video chat, but I'm dreading everything with his family. You're totally right in what you said!

It's been a crazy week, but a good one. I have some studying and work to get done over the holidays though, as I missed a week and all. But at least I can get it done in my own time!

Wow, that was a crazy productive weekend for you, well done you! Did you enjoy her birthday celebrations? When are you thinking you'll schedule your test? At least you know you're more prepared now!

Did you see Snow White and the Huntsman? I didn't think much of the film, but Sam was okay in it. I haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook either so I'll be getting that on DVD! I've heard so many good things about it but I just didn't get around to seeing it. I hadn't seen Kristen in anything other than Twilight, but after seeing her in that I watched a couple of her movies. Speak was pretty powerful. I saw In the Land of Women! Once I realised Adam Brody was in it I made sure to :lol: it was exactly that, odd and quirky. Overall I think Kristen's best performance was in The Runaways. The stuttering and stuff through Twilight does sort of bug me.
I'm sure time together will help, it always does! Sometimes Jason and I get grumpy with one another and a day together usually helps. It's much easier to convey so much more in person rather than video chat. Families are apart of the deal..trust me, Jason's brothers are a pain and sometimes his Mom causes drama but I'm learning to deal with it. The birthday celebrations had a little drama towards the end, but it wasn't that bad. I'm ready for some quiet weekends but that won't happen for a few weeks :P

I hope you enjoy your break, it sounds like you really need it!

I scheduled my test for April 18th but with the tax deadline being April 15th, I'm not sure that was the wisest decision considering how much I'll be working. I may push it back another 2 weeks to be safe.

I have yet to see Snow White but I forgot he was in that. I'll definitely think about checking it out. I'll put the Runaways on my list! I thought about that too but then I realized that Bella is awkward and stutter-y in the books, not Kristen. I re-watched BD 2 over the week and I really think she's quite good in that.
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

It did help, we're good again now! Though things with his family are still hugely awkward. I guess that's just that, maybe time will fix it. Who knows. Have you had your quiet weekend yet?

I really enjoyed my break thanks! Back to the daily grind now lol. It was nice to just relax, and to not have to get up too early in the morning. Being home again was great, too. I'm just really aware that this is my last term of uni and school, scary!

Oh god, it's April 18th today!! Did you do your test, or reschedule it? Have things calmed on the work front now that the tax deadline has been?

I never read Bella as being stutter-y. Awkward, which I was fine with, but the stutters and the lack of any positive emotion... I don't know, it just didn't work for me. I did think her best performance by far was BD2 (and that was probably my favourite of the movies, I LOVED it).
Catching Fire stills and teaser trailer!! No Finnick yet, but it looks amazing so far! What d'you think?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm so glad things are going better for you guys! Families tend to be awkward..don't worry, I married into an awkward family and it's kinda weird. Sometimes the best thing is to keep your distance, if possible!

Last terms are scary, I know! But you can do it! Are you going to be teaching full time this semester? Will you move home after this?

I've pushed my test back two weeks and am committed to studying daily. I took the past two days off as my 'weekend', but I did a fair amount of cleaning and have begun studying again :) Tax deadline was the 15th but there's a fair amount of work to be done on additional returns so I may get a few hours here and there.

Yeah, maybe that's what I meant. Lack of emotion in some of her performances but I absolutely loved BD 1 and 2..I totally believed she was fighting to keep her baby alive, it was great :) and who didn't love BD 2? It was fantastic!

Ah the trailer looks amazing!! Totally got me intrigued..I even went back and watched the Hunger Games again, skipping over a lot of the death scenes since that's what depresses me, haha. Still..the overall story is great!
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Thank you :) ugh, this is going to sound incredibly selfish but it's sort of good to hear that someone else has the same sort of situation! Everyone else I know seems to get along with their other half's family really well. Wondering if I just had bad luck or if I was the only one! I think distance is good and bad in this situation. It's a relief, really, to not have to be around them so much... But it makes it really awkward when I am around them. Sigh.

I'm mostly studying on this last leg! I think I'll stay here until uni finishes in a few weeks (ahhh!) and then I'll volunteer in the school I did my teaching at until their school year finishes in July. I miss teaching and I miss the children I taught! Once the summer holidays start I'll be moving back home, and job searching for teaching jobs there. Nervous! Excited, but nervous.

How are you feeling about your test now? Confident? You need the break every now and again though, and the weekend, just to feel like you're not going to make your brain explode with all the studying! Plus it's hard to study if you know you have cleaning and things to distract you with :lol: Is your work load a little less now that tax deadline has passed? Or are you still working as many hours with returns and stuff?

I agree totally. I loved that we got more of Nikki Reed with BD1 and 2 as well - I thought she totally nailed the Rosalie scenes. Would've loved to see the banter and bickering between Rosalie and Jacob though, like it is in the book! The last two were pretty spot on though.

Me too! I can't wait until the next few trailers come out. It's been so long since we've had really big new stuff to look forward to for THG! Did you notice anything new that you hadn't before on THG rewatch?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

No, no you're not alone. It's apart of life unfortunately! I think things are going to settle down with the extended family, thank God, now that things are settled down with tax season. I'm not planning on seeing them as much, it's just been too stressful!

I'm getting so nervous, with just 8 days to go. Hopefully I'll stick it through with the May 2nd test date, but I'm just getting so anxious, worried I won't know exactly everything.This is my last shot to make it happen before I get in trouble with my school, so I feel like a lot is riding on it. I'll make a decision over the weekend I think. Wow, how many weeks until it's over? Do you have a lot of projects and papers due?

I've worked a few hours for my FIL this week, which has been nice, just to continue bringing in some money, as well as at the store.

Did you know they've posted some of the extra scenes from BD 1 on Youtube? They released the extended edition of BD 1 the same day as BD 2 but I didn't buy it, just watched the scenes online.

I think I noticed what a great actress Jennifer Lawrence is again and some of the music I wish they'd released. It was just nice to see it again and not be so worked up over the death scenes!
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

It can be so stressful to be around them! Hopefully things will calm down then if you can avoid them a little, and at least you survived the extra exposure!

Why will you get into trouble? For having delayed it? I'm sure you'll be fine, you've been working really hard with studying! Hopefully it's just the panic of tests, and the knowledge is good and stored in your head! Good luck if you stick to the date!
I finish on 31st May, ahhh! There are a few things I have to go back for, but that's the official course deadline. Nervous! I'm treading water with things so I don't feel completely overwhelmed, but I could really do with the rest, put it that way. :lol:

That's nice then to have money! And a break from studying at least!

I didn't buy the extended version either, but I'll have to go look at the extra scenes! Are they any good?

Yeah the shock of the deaths wears off a little when you've seen it a couple times! Jennifer is brilliant, can't wait to see Catching Fire!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:It can be so stressful to be around them! Hopefully things will calm down then if you can avoid them a little, and at least you survived the extra exposure!

Why will you get into trouble? For having delayed it? I'm sure you'll be fine, you've been working really hard with studying! Hopefully it's just the panic of tests, and the knowledge is good and stored in your head! Good luck if you stick to the date!
I finish on 31st May, ahhh! There are a few things I have to go back for, but that's the official course deadline. Nervous! I'm treading water with things so I don't feel completely overwhelmed, but I could really do with the rest, put it that way. :lol:

That's nice then to have money! And a break from studying at least!

I didn't buy the extended version either, but I'll have to go look at the extra scenes! Are they any good?

Yeah the shock of the deaths wears off a little when you've seen it a couple times! Jennifer is brilliant, can't wait to see Catching Fire!
-Yeah, it's been so much better...less stress! I'll see the younger bro again on Wednesday for the 'end of tax season' celebration lunch, but other than that..there's no immediate plans to see them.

The reason I would get in trouble is because I'd break enrollment and possibly face changes to my degree program again. The weather here is SO pretty that it's making it hard to focus on studying..I think I'm going to sit on our deck with my materials today and study since it's in the 80s today (a rarity here).

Haha, that's exactly how I feel..so join the club :) May 31st! WOW, so exciting!!

I didn't care for the extra Volturi scene, but there's an extra honeymoon scene where Bella is willing to stay human a bit longer for sex (haha), and a great scene between Alice and Jacob. If I ever find it cheap somewhere I'd probably buy it but I just couldn't see myself dropping $20 for it right away!

I got to see the Catching Fire trailer in the theater before Iron Man 3 on Friday and it made me SO excited :)
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

That sounds very freeing! Are you going anywhere nice for lunch?

80s, that's crazy! We're lucky to get 60s in sunny England! Go study in the sunshine while it's out and enjoy studying as much as you can. How's it going - did you settle on a date?

Yes! Last few weeks now and I am PETRIFIED, haha. Lots of change and the nerve-wracking process of hoping to get a job!

It's a lot of money to ask for a couple of extra scenes you can see online though, isn't it? If they'd done a sort of double-deal with BD1 and 2 with those extra scenes in it might've sold better, a collectors thing.

So excited for Catching Fire too! I haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet, is it any good?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Kat_Mac wrote:That sounds very freeing! Are you going anywhere nice for lunch?

80s, that's crazy! We're lucky to get 60s in sunny England! Go study in the sunshine while it's out and enjoy studying as much as you can. How's it going - did you settle on a date?

Yes! Last few weeks now and I am PETRIFIED, haha. Lots of change and the nerve-wracking process of hoping to get a job!

It's a lot of money to ask for a couple of extra scenes you can see online though, isn't it? If they'd done a sort of double-deal with BD1 and 2 with those extra scenes in it might've sold better, a collectors thing.

So excited for Catching Fire too! I haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet, is it any good?
We went to a cool place over looking the Puget Sound (at first I was worried I'd have to explain that to you but then I remembered it's referenced in TW :lol: ) which was different..totally meant for high class business meetings! The food was good though.

No, no date since I totally bombed a practice test. I've re-focused what I'm studying though, so it'll hopefully pay off soon so I can feel confident again.

Just focus on graduating first..then you can worry about the job stuff. Compartmentalizing, right? :)

Wal-Mart did a set with both movies but I wanted all the extras that Target offered. I still haven't watched them though :P

Iron Man 3 was good..my Dad wanted to go so I tagged along. I liked it..Robert Downey Jr did a great job with the role! Next week is Star Trek!
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Aha it must've been interesting to be in a very business-y place when you had TW on the brain :lol: wish referenced things were so close around here! Someday I'll tourist the lot of Forks and Washington in general...

Yeah, it's much more about confidence really, otherwise you'll worry yourself into oblivion! No point in taking a test if you can't feel good about it. I'm sure if you take it when you're ready you'll be fine :)

Yes, I'm trying to do that! We've had a ton more work thrown at us on this last hurdle all of a sudden, I feel like my to-do list is piling up and crippling me! Trying not to sink under the pressure and remind myself that I'm near the end now.

Did they? We didn't have that over here, just a box set of all the saga films. As I already had the four, and there really wasn't much in the way of extras, there didn't seem a point. Art work of the box set was nice, though! I found the extras on youtube :) Rosalie and Jacob with the dog bowl was hilarious! Just like the book, I wish they'd kept that in! At least you know the extras are there when you're ready :p

I'm still waiting to see it! I liked the Iron Man films so far and loved Avengers, so I've got high hopes for Iron Man 3, haha. Robert Downey Jr seems to just take on the entire personality! Enjoy Star Trek :)