Randomness...The 13th

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Re: Randomness...The 13th

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

This is the first time I've posted in forever and a year. Plus a thousand...or something.

Not much going on in my life other than being super busy with school and work. I have two senior theses/capstones to do this semester which is driving me insane and makes me feel panicky whenever I think about it so I try not to think about it :D
I can't believe I'm about to graduate though. I mean, really. :shock:

I'm about to get ready for work now...even though I don't feel like going. I love working at the library, but some days I just want to sit around and do nothing....okay, most days. I did that on Valentine's Day though so I guess I got my fill for the week.

Hmm...I don't think I have anything at all interesting to say, which is a shame. I'm mad that my packages from Amazon haven't gotten here yet, since they have Sam's presents in them....I think the postal service hates me sometimes lol

Oh! So I've recently been listening to Lover Mine on playaway (kind of like an mp3 player for people who aren't familiar) while I drive to and from school...it's pretty interesting lol. The guy that reads it cracks me up because 1, he pronounces Xhex like Zex and 2, because the way he pronounces the curse words is just so...proper haha. He enunciates well, I guess. Anyway, it's definitely an experience....especially when I listen to it with the windows down (like I did today) and pull up next to another car at a stoplight so they can enjoy too :D I'm just waiting for the time when I pull up next to an old lady while I'm listening to one of the naughty bits in the book. :lol: it'll be great.

Right, need to get ready. Toodles, all. (Or whoever is still reading this, anyway)
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Did you guys see you could win a Stephenie Meyer Autographed New Moon Poster from the Lexicon?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Want to win a Poster Signed by Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart? It's another giveaway from the Twilight Lexicon to celebrate our Birthday month!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Oh no Bac, you didn't!
Double posting is an absolute no-no in randomness ;)

Hiya random, sorry for the no see in such long time.
My pupper-nupper grows as a werewolf/dragon hybrid can be expected (MUCH) and are causing quite the ruckus as often as he can.
I get way too little time to read, and when I finally do, there's no books I wanna read. I'm getting picky with age it seems
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

'twahy-lahyt' wrote:We fail at life. Okay, maybe WE don't, but this thread does. It's a shame how the randomness thread has... like died. Oh well though! Life goes on.

Truth.

Schwowza, I haven't updated since forever and ever ago!
Let's see. Since I've posted, I've read:
  • The Hunger Games*
  • Catching Fire*
  • Mockingjay
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • The Tales of Beadle the Bard
  • Talon's book (DH)
  • Zarek's book (DH)
  • Wulf's (DH)
  • Vane's (DH)
  • Dante's short story (DH)
  • Valerius's book (DH)
  • Danger's (DH)
  • Wren's (DH)
  • Bloom (DH)
  • Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)
  • Linger(Wolves of Mercy Falls)
  • Cryer's Cross
  • WAKE*
  • FADE*
  • (somehow never made it to...GONE*)
  • Payne's book (BDB)
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philospher's Stone, if you're feeling like a Brit)
  • ...and possibly a couple more that are missing because I can't find my old book list

*Notes a re-read

Huzzah!!

And now, if you couldn't tell, I plan on re-reading HP. I'm almost done with CoS. I'll probably read GONE so that my OCD head doesn't explode. I'm also going to read the new Sarah Dessen book (Whatever Happened to Goodbye), House of Night series, new Wolves of Mercy Falls book (Forever), more DH, and the new Steph Plum. Possibly re-reading all of those if I have time... Plus some others. I'm hoping at least. I've been bad with reading this summer so far. Probably because it doesn't relly feelliek summer still. Sigh, oh well.

Hope everyone's doing well (not that anyone really checks in here anymore, but still)

Love to all! And...
To all newbies afraid to post on this thread:
Don't be intimidated because we all seem to know one another and whatnot. That's why this thread has died. We all don't really come on here anymore because we communicate via Facebook, texting, etc. We need other people (i.e., you, random person reading this post!) to start posting around here so we can have a Randomness that is Random! and not...bleh. :D
So basically, just come on in and post something!!!!! Really, it doesn't matter what. Just try to post so that you have at least 4 lines of text. (This rule was put into effect about 2-2.5 years ago because the thread was getting used up really quickly--and the max number of pages was 100.) The thread isn't going that fast anymore, but it's still a rule. (But, as you can see, it's really easy to come here and just babble on for a while!!)

*deep breath* okay, done babbling now!

I hope some newbies come post and I miss all y'all old randies <3

-Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Wow. This thread really has died.

So lately I've become obsessed w/the BBC Pride & Prejudice program. In the past week & a half I've watched it 4 times. I'll watch the first half one day & the second half the next. It's split onto 2 dvds so that makes it easy. I've noticed that when I get obsessed I am really bad. Before watching PnP I was obsessed w/my all time favorite movie Ever After. In approximately a months time I watched it at least 8 times. (I actually lost count :lol: ) And before that I was obsessed w/my favorite show ever Boy Meets World. (If you don't know what it is, it's a show from the 90's & it's amazing. So much better than most of the crap on show today geared towards teens.) I watched it a lot over about a month & a half. And then before that I was obsessed w/The Mighty Ducks trilogy movies. I love love love these movies. They've a favorite since I can remember. I only watched those twice before moving. I noticed I have to make myself stop doing something & try to move onto something else. But (depending on what it is) I tend to get obsessed w/that for the time being.

So yeah. That's what I've been doing for the past few months. Moving from one obsession to the next. I still have way too much time on my hands because I'm looking for work & there's not many new jobs being posted here.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
l_amazone
Settled in Forks

Post by l_amazone »

Hi there!

Like a month ago, I realised my English became very poor, and I had to do something about it.
So I began to read Twilight, and it was the end of my 7h of sleep nights. I haven't even started to read fanfics, so I don't think I will have a good night of sleep before months. I'm really happy because I love feeling so passionnate about books and really missed it, but I'm so tired...

In my city in France, there is an international Competition of Dressage and they were looking for secretary who speaks English.
I thought that it was a great opportunity, and I registered.
In a view to get myself ready for the occasion (vocabulary, etc), I ask for the protocoles of the tests (the list of the movements the riders have to do).
I'm glad that I did, but now I'm so scared!!
I will be on very high level tests (Intermediate I freestyle and Grand Prix!! Grand Prix!! It's the same level than the Olympic Games!!! ) and I just can't fail!!! It's too important!
My english is so bad, and my technical vocabulary is so poor!
My judge is from Finland. I really hope that it will be easier for me as English is not his mother tongue?

I start on friday afternoon. I have 2 day left to work! Very hard!
Wish me the best...

(Please feel free to correct my mistakes, it will really help me... Thanks a lot)
Bella: Jacob, it won't stay up!
Jacob: It will once you start moving!

The motorbike, of course! What were you thinking, Dude?
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I think I'll try posting in this thread :)! It's sad that I hardly know anyone outside of the Teen Thread and it's about to be my one year anniversary on the Lex :lol:! I probably could have posted here earlier, but I kept skipping over this thread because I seen the 13th in the title and I thought it was to talk about Friday the 13th :lol:! Silly me I need to learn to read through things more often! I also need to learn to start typing with periods again! Exclamations have been my favorite kind of punctuation for the longest time, but some people assume I'm yelling lol so sorry about that!

Oh yeah my name is Kimberly, but for creative reasons I now go by Kym :wave:!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

So, it has been approximately forever and two days since I've even thought about logging onto the Lex. And it's a shame! The Lex is how I met SO many wonderful people! 2 of which I'm flying up to see in a few days! Last summer they came to my house, but (after a lot of freaking out me saying "no I won't let you pay for my ticket, I'll figure the money situation out myself.") we decided to take out twinnie trip to Cincinnati!

A couple of weeks ago I was actually up in Virginia and I visited someone else from the Lex. I go to Liberty University and she lives in that town. We've gotten a lot closer since we first met on the Lex a LONG time ago. It's so crazy! And then driving back down I met up with another friend from the Lex! See? I've made a lot of good friends and it's a shame that we don't really come on anymore.

Hmm... Random facts?
1. I'm reading Alice's Adventures in Wodnerland at the moment.
2. My brother has a bunch of friends in the living room watching Transformers.
and 3. I just left the living room. Too many guys. I was the only girl so yeah.

Good-bye for now, my lovely Randomness thread!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

'twahy-lahyt'~ I don't think I've ever really talked to you before, but that sounds like so much fun meeting up with friends from the Lex :)!

Random stuff about me at the moment: 1. I'm watching Titanic. 2. I'm about to celebrate my one year anniversary of being on the Lex :)! 3. I'm soo bored because I've run out of things to do in my house lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^