Rate the Quote V

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: Rate the Quote V

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Jesse: "'Heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd. Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd.'"
Suze: "Are you speaking from experience?"
Jesse: "No, actually I was quoting William Congreve"
Suze: "Oh.... Well you know, sometimes the woman scorned has every right to be angry."
Jesse: "Are you speaking from experience?"
Suze: [snorts] "Not hardly" [thinking to self] a guy has to like you before he can scorn you. Not that I go around telling hot guys I've never had a date. Even if they happen to have been murdered by their fiancee/cousins 150 years ago. Which by the way, ick!

The Mediator book 1 Shadowland by Meg Cabot
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

9/10--that's pretty good

Next:

"There are only three ages for women in Hollywood--Babe, District Attorney, and Driving Miss Daisy."

~Goldie Hawn
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

"After my first war I praye dthere would not be a second"

-Red Cliff
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

8/10

Damon: I’m not a hero, Elena. I don’t do good. It’s not… in me.
Katherine: Maybe it is.
Damon: No. No, that’s reserved for my brother, and you, and Bonnie—even though she has every reason to hate me, still helped Stefan save me.
Katherine: Why do you sound so surprised?
Damon: Because she did it for you. Which means somewhere along the way, you decided that I was worth saving, and I want to thank you for that.

--The Vampire Diaries, ep. 22
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
blasphemous_contessa

Mals: Kaylee, what in the sphincter of hell are you playing at? We got the primary buffer panel coming right...
Kaylee: Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Mal: You told me those entry couplings would hold for another week!
Kaylee: That was six months ago, Cap'n.
Mal: My ship don't crash. If she crashes, you crashed her.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

10/10 because I love Serenity!

Next:

Headmasters have powers at their disposal with which Prime Ministers have never yet been invested.

~Winston Churchill, on his experiences at Harrow (British public school).
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
blasphemous_contessa

"It's not easy being the master of your own feelings. Sometimes you wake up, look in the mirror, and think "Oh Jesus, another day. Another day of feelings and unfulfilled longings." What you need is a tee shirt that sayd "UNREQUITED LOVE IS FOR CHUMPS!" (it would say it backwards in the mirror, but what, you can't read backwards? No wonder nobody loves you back.)

-ASOFTERWORLD.COM
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Pretty funny, I give it a 9/10

This next one is kind of an ironic one to be putting up today, but I couldn't resist:

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."

~Gary Lineker, all time leading scorer for England in World Cup Finals.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

9.5/10 I knocked off half a point out of grief for poor Germany. Still funny. :lol:

Delmar O'Donnell: We thought you was a toad!
Pete: What?
Delmar O'Donnell: [leaning in, speaking slower] We thought you was a toad!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

10/10 for Coen Brothers awesomeness!

Next:

Buffy: Well, I gotta look on the bright side. Maybe I can still get kicked out of school.
Xander: Oh, yeah, that's a plan. Cause lots of schools aren't on Hellmouths.
Willow: Maybe you could blow something up. They're really strict about that.
Buffy: I was thinking of a more subtle approach, ya know, like excessive not studying.
Giles: [to himself] The Earth is doomed.