Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Ya Olivia did seem like she wanted to be a wolf. I wonder why that is is it kinda the same story as Grace's?
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

hhm ooh i dont know i guess i hadnt really thought of what her motivations to stay a wolf were before, from what you read of her home life she seems happy, shes got a loving brother and parents, but doesnt she mention something about feeling free when shes a wolf or belonging or something?! im not sure ill have to go back and have a re-read of this section of the book
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Know you are right Vicky she did have a happy home life. That why I was wondering if she met someone who was a werewolf. I just felt that was such a drastic decision and wondering what the motive was. I guess we have to wait in suspense for linger. Isn't it out this month?
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

i was still thinking about this as i logged off last night, i agree it really was a drastic decision, at first i was thinking maybe it was something to do with Jack but by that point hes ************ spoilers**************** dead soo that can't be it, but then i was thinking that it could be because she loved her family so much that she didnt want to have to put them through the pain of her changing and becoming extremely ill and disappearing for lengthly amounts of time, especially if she knows Sams backstory (which i think she does). but erm yeah i think its out on july 5th/ 6th i've pre-ordered it, can't wait to see how maggie continues the story.
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

While waiting in line for the block screening of Eclipse yesterday my friend, who's as much as a book addict as me, and I have been trading stories about books we have recently read. And she vouch for this one. She lent me a copy today and I'm quite excited to read it...

I'll be back again after I read Shiver to post any thoughts...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

raineseeing as you and i pretty much always share the same opinion trust me when i say you will love it, the next one in the series out next week its called linger, ive pre-ordered it! gah can't wait to see what happens next :D
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Vicky Yay I know!!! i'm halfway through and I'm loving it. I just can't finish it on one sitting coz I keep on getting distracted by my withdrawal symptoms of Eclipse. I think I need another dose of the movie, which will be tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to finish the book before Monday... :D
~Team Edward Forever~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

ha dude i knew youd love it!! its eery how similar our opinions always are :lol: yeah i know saw eclipse for the first time last night/this morning at midnight and i saw it this morning and im off again to see it in like 10 mins :lol: then again tommorow, and after that i have nooooo idea what im going to do becuase the official release isnt until friday :o so after tommorow it gets taken out of the cinema, noooooooooooooooooooooooo
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

1 week for you without Eclipse movie on the theater, man that sucks...I know sometimes it's crazy how we like the same thing considering were on different sides of the globe :lol: I've been to IMAX today, I looove Eclipse, I love Robward!!! :P

Right back to Shiver (wouldn't want the mods to point out we're straying off the topic), I think I'll be able to finish it within this week. Then I think I need to visit our local bookstore for the release of Linger. Never thought I can read a book wherein werewolves are the main character but Shiver is really good... :D
~Team Edward Forever~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

:lol: i know right i heard about it through the Twilight Series Theories podcast and kallie and kassie the girls that do it were saying how awesome it is, and i was thinking a book with werewolves in good, really? but then i read it and it truly is that good who would've thought?! indeed lol.
**TEAM EDWARD**