Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Lol yeah I understand the Mia thing! What happened to Mason was such a shocker!! I was sad that that happened to him! He was a nice guy! Lol yeah the dream thing is something different from what most stories have! I think it's pretty awesome lol, but kinda creepy :S! Yeah I think the same thing about Janine and Rose! They are so much a like and they don't even know it lol! Janine should be able to talk to Rose somehow no matter how serious she takes her job! Haha me too :) Rose is awesome!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Just finished Shadow Kiss. ::fangirl scream:: I kind of spoiled it for myself but I still didn't want to read about Dimitri like that. Heart.Broken! They finally did "THE DEED" Lol. It was perfect. Rose is 100 different types of awesome. She's so strong. I probably would have jumped off of the roof if I had to go through all of that in one day. I love how Dimitri gave in but was still careful with everything. I'd give anything to read just a paragraph from his perspective.

I'm a bit torn with Adrian. I like him. I can't help but to like him. I hate to see people get hurt and end up virtually alone. I feel like theres still more to him. I'm glad he helped Rose, but Rose was unfair to put him in that position.

Lissa still annoys me. I don't feel like she selfish and mean intentionally but I feel like she doesn't step outside of her own mind too often. I understand that she's compassionate for others but that just comes along with the spirit magic. If she didn't have that I don't think she'd know how to be too compassionate at all. She made me want to punch her at then end when she asked Rose if she loved Dimitri more than she loved her. Yes, I get that Rose never relayed to her everything that was going on between them, but still, she has to at some degree realize Rose has done almost EVERYTHING for Lissa. How could a question like that even form on her lips? Granted, they share a different type of love, but I feel like Lissa was ay out of line and extremely mean.

Janine, I love her being there at the end for Rose. I know they aren't close but I wish she would have talked about what happened with Rose and Dimitri.

I know Rose has the theory that Jesse and his band of idiots weakened the schools wards by using their magic in a negative manner, but through the entire time of them trying to figure out what happened, I had this whole other theory in my head. To be honest I was a bit upset that I wasn't right. Lol. Keep in my mind I'm only on the 4th book so from this perspective, this is what I had in mind. I thought that maybe Rose herself was weakening the wards by coming and going through them. The wards are supposed to keep out the dead right? Well, Rose is shadow-kissed. Technically she's not dead but she WAS dead. I may be off but, it was only my brief theory.

I don't know if I somehow skipped what happened, but why exactly did Mia leave St. Vlad's? I know her mom died but was it necessary for her to change schools? Did she just feel like she needed to be closer to her father?

I'm a stickler for unexpected friendships. I really wanted to see Rose and Christian have a goodbye speech when she left at the end. The one with Lissa was needed but I would have felt better if Christian was there to crack a joke or 2.

Poor Eddie. How much must he really go though?

In all I really liked Shadow Kiss and I plan on starting Blood Promise tonight. :)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Lol! I was practically dying with all the Dimitri stuff! Haha yes finally! Yes I agree it was! I felt so bad for Rose when she had all that anger, but then Dimitri was there for her :blush: it was so cute lol! Yeah Rose is awesome! I would've been freaking out and made a huge scene, but she handled things pretty well! Omg reading Dimitri's POV :O I would faint!! Lol I would love to see what he was thinking!

Yeah I don't really like to see people end up alone because I feel like there has to be someone for everyone, and a story can't just end like that for a character! It was unfair of Rose to do that to him, but yet I'm kinda blaming him lol! It's like he knew how things were with Rose so he should've known! I don't want to say to much lol so I'll leave my feelings/thoughts about Adrian there for now!

I really hated that she told Rose that! It's like Rose sacrificed so much to protect and be there for Lissa! She was with Dimitri because they wanted to be together and losing him hurt her so badly! Lissa should've never made Rose feel like she had to choose between them! That was selfish of her to act like Rose had to stay with her (even if the Guardian job requires that, Rose was still able to make her own choices!) instead of doing what she wanted!

I liked that too! I liked seeing Janine being there for Rose since she wasn't around for most of her life!

Lol don't feel embarrased about having theories! Whenever I was reading the books I would tell Paige my theories and then they would end up being completely wrong lol! That's actually a pretty smart theory! That would make sense since she's shadow-kissed and she's connected to the ghosts since she was dead for awhile!

I'm not completely sure why Mia left! I think her father probably wanted to have her around since her mother wasn't there anymore and she probably wanted to enjoy her father since he was the only one left! I don't think it was really necessary for her to change schools, but it was probably just something she wanted!

Lol yeah that's the great thing about Christian, his comedic side! He is nice to have around because he can joke around about anything and he gives Rose some trouble, but it's a fun kind of trouble!

Aw I know poor Eddie! He's such a nice guy! I love that this series includes many different characters! It's not limited to only a certain group of characters like most series are!

Yay I loved Blood Promise!! Well I loved all the books lol, but that one was a good one :)!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Ok, Kymmii. I've finished Blood Promise. I don't even know where to start. I think Rose is my new best friend. I have have ever wanted ANY book character to be real, it would be Rose (aside from Edward, duh!). Words can't even describe the level of repsect I have for her.

I've already begun reading Spirit Bound (nooooooo, the series is ending!), so I'm going to try and make a few notes on Blood Promise and make it as short as possible.

Everytime Rose mention Dimitri's name I hurt right along with her. That must have taken more than a lot to even make the agreement with herself to go after him in Russia.

When I first read that Rose had actually kissed Dimitri as a Strigoi for the first time I was thoroughly disgusted. I think I had a feeling it was coming but when I happened I wanted to throw the book (well, my eReader).

Both Christian AND Lissa are upsetting me. They're so wrapped up in their own little feelings that they can't even see past Avery's compulsion. I hope they get over themselves..... and fast.

Woah! Abe - Abraham - DAD! Ugh! I SO should have seen that coming. I think my mind was too wrapped around Dimitri. Dimitri...........
I feel so much for him. Even though he's this seriously twisted little souless being, I love him so much. I knew Rose would falter when she faced him. She did surprisngly well though considering the bites and the lavish prison cell (LOL). Although jewelry is a good thing most of the time, I didn't like him showering her with blood gifts. It made me sick.

I loved Dimitri's family. Yeva was a bit of a pain but the rest of them seemed nice enough. Viktoria (I hope that's the right sister) was also a pain at the end. Maybe she's a little better later on.

Adrian, poor Adrian. Can I have him? Please? I'll take good care of him. I promise!

I'm not sure how I feel about Sydney. I understand where some of her trust issues come from but for the time being she's still a little snooty.

So, I'm reading Spirit Bound now... with tears of course. I don't want it to end at all. Plus, I couldn't help myself. I've nearly spoiled the whole ending on Wikipedia.

EDIT 1/27/2011: Just finished Spirit Bound. Moving on to Last Sacrifice. OMG! I'm about to cry. I don't want this series to end! ='( I kept reading so fast and I couldn't slow down. Everytime I looked at the page so many had gone by lol
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI Chrissy and 21Twilight

I just finished Shadow Kiss last night. I had a feeling Dimitri was going to be a Stirgori (spell check). I have this feeling though since Lissa can heal people and he isn't dead nor alive kinda in limbo she will heal him back to being human. That is my guess. I was sad about Mason but not every story is going to be happy and perfect the whole time. I did think it was cool how he helped Rose though. I really am enjoying the series.
Banner by TammyAZ
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

^ I'm glad you are enjoying the series :)!

Chrissy~ Hey sorry I haven't replied! I've been super busy! I'll properly reply tomorrow, but yay for LS!! :D lol! It's sad for it to end so I undersyamd you, but it's soo good and hard to slow down lol!

I'll properly post more tomorrow :)!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Quick post. Be back later with a full review.

Just finished Last Sacrifice. Ugh! I'm literally about to cry. The series ended too soon! I need just a little bit more.

Does anyone know ANY other books as awesome as these were? It doesn't have to be about vamps and things like that. I just don't know what I want to read next.
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

^ Anything as awesome as the VA books? No, but I know some good supernatural YA books if you're interested in those :)

Countdown to Bloodlines here, on their official website! :D

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Chrissy~ Lol I wish I had a best friend like Rose! She causes trouble sometimes, but I love how strong she is! She's not afraid to speak her mind and to do what she wants! She's a powerful girl which is great since most of the time female characters are known to be weak! Lol yep Rose and Edward those are the two I want in my life :lol:!
I know I hurt too whenever I heard about Dimitri! Poor Rose :( I know that was a hard choice for her to make!
Lol I think we all knew that Rose was going to be with Strigoi Dimitri!
I hated how Lissa and Christian couldn't see what Avery was doing! Didn't they notice how these problems started as soon as she arrived?? :evil:
Haha omg I thought the same thing about Abe! That was like so obvious lol!! I was probably concentrating on Dimitri too much to notice the names were similiar :lol: so don't feel bad!
I couldn't help but love Dimitri being around even though he was Strigoi! I didn't want him to be all evil, but it was nice to see him lol! I didn't like how he acted like he could buy her stuff and make everything okay! Dhampir Dimitri never bought Rose things to make himself look better, he bought things that he knew would really make Rose happy because he wanted her to be happy! I don't know if that sentence made sense lol! Rose did pretty good in the situation though!
I loved Dimitri's family too! They seem just like Dimitri lol so I understand him more! Yeva was kinda scary lol! Yes Viktoria was a pain, I didn't like the way things ended with her!
Lol you can have Adrian and I'll have Dimitri :mrgreen: haha!
I feel the same way about Sydney! She was always taught to not trust them, but still her attitude can get annoying!
I wanted to hurry and see how everything ended up, but I hated to see it end! I'm so bored without having this wonderful series to read lol! Sometimes I re-read Last Sacrifice lol!

Edwards Ragazza ~ I love hearing peoples theories! You should definitely stop by this thread more often and let us know what you think :)!
I thought it was sad about Mason too! He was a nice guy!

Rapid_reader1~ Lol I haven't found any books as awesome as VA either!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

rapid_reader1 wrote:^ Anything as awesome as the VA books? No, but I know some good supernatural YA books if you're interested in those :)

Countdown to Bloodlines here, on their official website! :D
Yea, I was sure there wasn't anything as close to amazing as VA was. Gimmie whacha got though. :D
Don't, and I repeat DON'T recommend The Morganville Vampires to me. I'm attempting to read Glass Houses but in all honesty it sucks.