Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by Jestak »

Oops--I got busy with grading finals and other things and forgot to check back on this thread. Anyway, those quotes were from The Quiet Man.

Here's a new one:

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Thank you for the new quote! I don't know this movie neither... But I'm happy that the game will re-start! :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Monty Python's Holy Grail. Best movie, ever. ;)

Okay, one from one of the worst movies ever:
"Dry land is a myth."
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

From the best to .... 'Waterworld'......

Next:

One of what we all are, Pelly. Less than a drop in the great blue motion of the sunlit sea. But it seems that some of the drops sparkle, Pelly. Some of them do sparkle!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

One of what we all are, Pelly. Less than a drop in the great blue motion of the sunlit sea. But it seems that some of the drops sparkle, Pelly. Some of them do sparkle!

That is from Camelot

Next:

I know you think we can't be together, but can't you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know there'll be risks but I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should be only half alive... half of ourselves. I love you. So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*flails* Holy crap I actually know this one! That's a first! (besides Monty Python, anyways)
Jestak wrote: I know you think we can't be together, but can't you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know there'll be risks but I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should be only half alive... half of ourselves. I love you. So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?
That's Spiderman 2.

"Your detective told you he couldn't come right back because he was goin' to question Norman Bates' mother. Right?"
"Yes."
"Norman Bates' mother has been dead and buried in Greenlawn Cenetery for the past ten years!"
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Psycho! :D

"You know why the Yankees always win?"
" 'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?"
"No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes."
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

'Catch me if you Can'

Next:

Can you get me off the hook, Tom? For old times' sake?
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Can you get me off the hook, Tom? For old times' sake?

That's The Godfather, Abe Vigoda as Tessio, one of about 89 instances of absolutely perfect casting in that film.

Next:

My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!

Bond. James, Bond. 007 as portrayed by Sean Connery in Goldfinger.

Uh oh, does that mean I'm next?

Alright then:

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS