Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:Another one that's close to my heart at the moment:

You can break the rules plenty when you get to the top, but not when you're trying to get there, and if you're someone like me you can't get there without breaking the rules.
Working Girl

Next:

"And when I was in the delivery room, waking up from the ether, I asked the nurse whether it was a boy or a girl. She said it was a girl - and I turned my head to the side and cried. And then I said, I hope she grows up to be a pretty little fool. That's about the best a girl can hope for these days, to be a pretty little fool."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"And when I was in the delivery room, waking up from the ether, I asked the nurse whether it was a boy or a girl. She said it was a girl - and I turned my head to the side and cried. And then I said, I hope she grows up to be a pretty little fool. That's about the best a girl can hope for these days, to be a pretty little fool."

That is from The Great Gatsby.

Next:

I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
They *broke* the chalice from the palace?
And replaced it with a flagon.
A flagon...?
With the figure of a dragon.
Flagon with a dragon.
Right.
But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Just remember that.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Ah! The vessel with the pestle! I grew up with that! That's from The Court Jester! I've got to see that again!

Here's another one:

- Supposing that man had shot you! Is it really worth risking your life for ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush and a lipstick?
- How did you know that?
- Know what?
- You just described the exact contents of my purse!
- ... A wild guess.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I'm just popping in to let you know that the site will undergo maintenance this weekend, sometime early Saturday morning EST(and I mean EARLY!) It should be fairly painless and quick, but if you come on and we are not showing up, please give it a few minutes and try again.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

- Supposing that man had shot you! Is it really worth risking your life for ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush and a lipstick?
- How did you know that?
- Know what?
- ... A wild guess.

That is from Superman.

Next:

Just because you don't look like those girls in Poise magazine doesn't mean you're not beautiful in your own way.
I don't wanna be beautiful in my own way. I wanna look like these people!
Oh, those aren't people, honey. Those are models.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Jestak wrote:- Supposing that man had shot you! Is it really worth risking your life for ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush and a lipstick?
- How did you know that?
- Know what?
- ... A wild guess.

That is from Superman.

Next:

Just because you don't look like those girls in Poise magazine doesn't mean you're not beautiful in your own way.
I don't wanna be beautiful in my own way. I wanna look like these people!
Oh, those aren't people, honey. Those are models.
Second quote, same film:

I wanna be thirty. Thirty and flirty and thriving...
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Jestak wrote: Second quote, same film:

I wanna be thirty. Thirty and flirty and thriving...
13 Going on 30

Next:

"Dear dad, you always told me that an honest man has nothing to fear, so I'm trying my best not to be afraid."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Dear dad, you always told me that an honest man has nothing to fear, so I'm trying my best not to be afraid."

That is from Catch Me If You Can

Next:

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Jestak wrote:"Dear dad, you always told me that an honest man has nothing to fear, so I'm trying my best not to be afraid."

That is from Catch Me If You Can

Next:

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode.
Same film, second quote:

I have a warship in deep orbit, Captain. We locked onto Serenity's pulse beacon the moment you hit atmo. I can speak a word and send a missile to that exact location inside of three minutes.

You do that, you'd best make peace with your dear and fluffy lord.
[He tosses a mechanism at the Operative]
Pulse beacon
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I had to cheat to find out that those quotes are from Serenity.

Here's one that might be a bit easier:

We're not here because we're free, we're here because we're not free.