Tamora Pierce Novels

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Tamora Pierce Novels

Post by willowtree »

Rosto reminds me of George, in some ways, except George is sweeter in a way, y'know? He loves Alanna, and is not afraid to show it. Rosto is not quite that open, though, from what I can remember.

What?? Kitten novella? Really? Awesome!

I love that cover! I should read that book... is it part of a series, or separate?

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

ABOUT THE KITTEN/SKYSONG BOOK

Tamora Pierce, Fantasy Author DRAGON BOOK, edited by Gardner Dozois and Jack Dann, is now in stores. It's got stories from a lot of amazing authors, including Peter Beagle, Jane Yolen and Adam Stemple, Garth Nix, Diana Gabaldon, Jonathan Stroud, and more. One of them is from me, "The Dragon's Tale," featuring Skysong/Kitten (Daine's dragon), Numair's horse Spots, and including brief mentions of Daine, Numair, and Emperor Kaddar. Seriously, it's out! In hardcover! And gift-giving holidays are coming!

I got this from TPs facebook page. So it's more like the other anthology she was involved in Young Warriors. This post is from last year so it's been out for a while.....go and find it young sheroes!

It's a stand alone after The Circle Opens quartet. It's when Sandry, Briar, Daja, and Tris are 17-19 (they were all different ages if you remember) and they go to Namorn to meet Sandry's aunt who just so happens to be an egocentric Empress bent on keeping her niece's extravagant wealth and her friends' awe inspiring powers within her own realm where she can harness them for her own means. Oh and there's some kidnapping attempts and implied self-mutilation of a minor character.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Score! *goes and searches for Dragon Book*

Shoot. I'm not sure about Circle Opens. I tried once... I quit after the first few chapters. does it get better?

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Sandry's not my favorite, and I don't like her books, but since Circle Opens everyone's in different countries you can read them out of order. Briar's stories are my favorite so you could start with Street Magic
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Street Magic? I'll look for it.

Holds on Sandry's Book and Street Magic. Re-re-reading First Test, too. It's the only TP in the library in my town. *sigh*

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa

That's a sad state of affairs. We used to have almost no Tamora Pierce or Amelia Atwater-Rhodes novels at my school or town library but then I made friends with the librarians and now they get all my favorite authors on subscription. Librarians are cool people, if you've ever had a 60-somethign year old woman take you out for sushi so you could discuss fantasy novels you'd know what I was talking about.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

My mom's a librarian, so I quite agree. Librarians are very amazing things... very nice and kind, too. not at all the stereotyped "SH! You're in a library." people.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa

Exactly. Librarians were my first friends when I moved, AND they know everything. One even offered my her daughter's bedroom furniture when I told them about getting my own apartment.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

That's so sweet of her. Librarians are so nice... and they know what's good. My mom's even getting her PhD in Library Sciences. :D

I have Sandry's Book. Gonna read it tonight. *crosses fingers*

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa

Good, don't forget to come back here and discuss it.

I'm waiting ever so impatiently for Mastiff to come out I HAVE to see Bekka's story through to the end