Tamora Pierce Novels

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Tamora Pierce Novels

Post by Openhome »

Discuss all novels by Tamora Pierce here. Have fun! :D
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Tamora Pierce Novels

Post by willowtree »

OhmigodOhmigodOhmigodOhmigodOhmigod! A TAMORA PIERCE THREAD! holy crap!

I'm re-reading The Immortal's series right now. <3 I've recently gone through a huge re-read of all the Tortall books. :ugeek:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I think its been a while since I've read any of her books, but my friend just finished Bloodhound so I've been arguing about it with her.

The only two Tortall books I like:
The Immortals series
Trickter's Choice/Queen
(Because Daine and Aly only have 1 man each!!!)

I'd like to read her Circle Opens series, but I can never figure out where they start... I just haven't really bothered to look, though.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: I'd like to read her Circle Opens series, but I can never figure out where they start... I just haven't really bothered to look, though.
The first one is Sandry's Book then Tris's Book, then Daja's Book, then Briar's Book then there's The Circle Opens which is Magic Steps, Street Magic, Cold Fire, and Shatterglass. After that are a couple of related stand alones including Will of the Empress and Melting Stones.

My favorite TP books are also The Immortals and Trickster's Choice/Queen although I never considered it being because they only have one guy each. I absolutely hated Song of the Lioness but I like Beka Cooper's books pretty good (although Counterfeiting really isn't that interesting.

I'd heard a rumour about a novella for Kitten/Skysong, any idea if this is true?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Nummy's so OLD compared to Daine. :(
Oh well.

I like the Protector of the Small quartet, 'cause Kel's so much like me.
My favourite character is Dove. She's amazing, and so underrated and overlooked.
Favourite name: Verilidaine Sarrasri.
Other things: Ever noticed how unique all TP's names are? Sure, George, Alanna, Jon, etc are plain, but Nawat, Numair, Verilidiane, Thayet (and more) and so unique. I love them.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

She bases each series on a different culture and the names are actual common names or very slight deviations from what is popular in whataver culture/region she took her inspiration from, for instance Arram and Aram are common names in the area around Turkey and Armenia. Saraiyu, Chisikami, and Yukimi are all popular Japanese names. Veron is prevelant is norse cultures, etc.

I don't really find much wrong with Daine/Numair, because mentally and emotionally they are about on the same level, Daine has matured very quickly and had experiences most 16 year old girls (even by TP standards) haven't, conversely until a few years befor The Immortals, Numair has been very sheltered and spoiled he was still a big child at 21 when Alanna found him, although he had done a bit of growing up before meeting Daine. And it's not like he fell for a baby or little kid or anything, she was already at what would be considered marriageable age when they met and even then it was years and a lot of really strong live-or-death bonding situations before anyone said the "l" word.

What about Beka/Rosto? Do you think they will end up together or will TP through us for a loop like she did in SOTL making us all sure Alanna was gonna marry Jon?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Really? Go her. I love names like that. Some names are boring, but TP's are just so... amazingly awesome and awesomely amazing, you know? I'd love to name my kids one of those names.

Makes sense, Sami. I think it's only in The Realms of the Gods where it bothers me. it's 'cause for the whole series I've seen Numair as Daine's teacher and mentor, and suddenly he wants her to marry him?? it just bothers me. in Kel's books, though, I find it ok, because they can keep up with each other and even though Neal's jealous, you can tell they love each other.

I'm not sure about that, to tell you the truth. It would be perfectly acceptable for TP to do something like that (even though she would cause protest), but who would Beka go to? there's no other person that has been seen going after her, or even could be supposed is going after her.

Like my new banner? From Trickster's Queen, of course. :D

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I don't think Beka deserves Rosto anymore. He's too awesome for her, the little *GRR GRUMBLE DIRTY WORD*.
I don't like her. Even if she just liked Rosto, bedding whatshisface that fast is just gross.
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

I like Beka.
She just doesn't know any better, Viola. she didn't have any parents or parent figures to teach her. In my opinion.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
blasphemous_contessa

And he was also kind of part of her cover and I think she did really like him. Of course she would have conuptions (sp?) about Rosto what with him being The Rogue and all.

Still no word on the Kitten/Skysong novella?

P.S. Willow, love the banner. My favorite book cover text is on Will of the Empress where her name is spelled out with like beads or something. It's way pretty, and the rest of the cover is pretty cool, too. http://nbplteenbookblog.files.wordpress ... mpress.jpg