FIFA 2010 World Cup

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Re: FIFA 2010 World Cup

Post by best_beating_heart »

Viola, I love Spain, and I noticed that too. Spain was wimping out but Netherlands did keep sticking their feet in where they shouldn't've.

I feel like the Netherlands coach shouldn't have been that rude, to take off the second-place medal in public with a nasty look on his face, though.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

It was less feet in the wrong spots and more hands grabbing where they shouldn't. When I foul, its usually cuz my butt happens to be in someone's way and they fall over me. I saw plenty of shirt grabbing. That's not cool. THe Spanish were milking it or all they were worth, though. I think it was Iniesta? but I heard someone yell in "pain" before they were even on the ground. I laughed, cuz really? No one (except Alonso and perhaps Torres at the end) was ever really injured enough to warrant all the flailing in pain both teams were doing.
I hate diving. >.<
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

:lol:
I've noticed.
Yeahh, I think Torres pulled something at the end there.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

torres pulled up but was jumping around at the end of the game. I suspect we (liverpool) will have another season with him out of sorts with injury.

I wasn't fussed who won originally, but in the end i wanted to see the dutch win it. The dutch should've been given more decisions in their favour. I like webb as a ref, but tonights game certainly wasn't his best

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I think Torres may have just had a cramp. He had only come on a few minutes before, and he had looked a couple of times like he wasn't fully loosened up (to tell the truth, I really don't know why he was sent in).

The ref didn't have an outstanding game, but I don't think the Dutch can really complain about him given that they could very easily have been a man down before the 30 minute mark.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey I see that you all have already started the final discussion with out me...wait up!!!

Okay...needlesly to point out but I am Dutch...so I was a bit bumped about loosing the final...(the whole country is..)
but I can assure you that loosing from Spain isn't as hurtful as the posibility of loosing from Germany...
that would have been my worst soccer nightmare...

Yes I have to admit we played a bit dirty...it isn't normally our game, but we have learned from the best (Brazil, Uruguay, Germany...Spain 2 years ago) every team plays dirty when they have to...
I'm sure Spian had a few misbehaviors as well...

that being said, all the yellow cards given were rightious... (I know that's not good english but I can't find the right spelling now)...What I did think of the ref was that he could have given Spain a few more cards as well, they made quite a few fauls that would have been ready for yellow...but than again I think the dutch should have had 3 red cards...
also I thought the Ref blew a lot of things to the ground and kep it to tight...

In the end I can admit that the best team indeed won...we sucked...
in two years time we will try again for the Europa cup...maybe we will get lucky than...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I thought I'd make up my personal all-star team for the Cup.

Goalkeeper-Iker Casillas, Spain.

I wasn't exactly blown away by the keepers this year, but Casillas was generally solid.

Center Backs: Carlos Puyol, Spain; Diego Lugano, Uruguay.

Per Mertesacker of Germany was also very good; there's really nothing to choose between those three.

Right Back: Maicon, Brazil

He was the only Brazilian player to make a positive impression on me. Sergio Ramos of Spain was also good at this spot.

Left Back: Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Netherlands

Philipp Lahm of Germany also played well at this spot.

Midfielders: Wesley Sneijder, Netherlands; Andres Iniesta, Spain; Thomas Mueller and Bastian Schweinsteiger, Germany.

Xavi of Spain is getting hyped a lot, and he's a fine player, but I was personally more impressed with Iniesta. Kevin Prince Boateng of Ghana and Arjen Robben of the Netherlands would also be possibilities.

Strikers: David Villa, Spain; Diego Forlan, Uruguay

This is a pretty clear-cut choice. Miroslav Klose of Germany also played very well.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing