Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by newtonscricket »

Really? I wake up on April Fool's morning to find out there were highly sexy pictures from Breaking Dawn all over the internet and I missed it and it's not a joke?

Jaclyn
, LOVE ActionRob's kilt!

MissP
, whew! Glad you are still with us!

Tracy, thanks for the Lex joke alert, I would've missed it.

I rang our phone from my cell phone, answered it, pretended to listen, hung up and told my kids that due to a mix up they had one more snow day to make up so they were going to have to go to school tomorrow (SATURDAY :shock: ). I gave them about 10 seconds until I said April Fools!
The 9 yr. old thought it was funny :lol:
The 12 yr. old was enraged and didn't think it was the slightest bit funny :rant:
The 5yr. old watched Diego and paid me no mind.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

Thought I would quickly check in while I have a min... (really should be using this time to look at those jobs applications but..it's Friday night! LOL). BabyE is being brilliant - she is just so cute & funny & wonderful!! AWW! :)

Anyways, don't think I will get a chance to get on the next couple days now, so if I don't, have a great weekend everyone!!

Susie - Yep Mother's Day in the UK is different from the US, but I think Father's Day is the same? Our's is in June!
Yeah BabyE calls me aunty Jaclyn - aww! She is really speaking now; proper sentences and words we have never heard her use. Mental!!
I hope you enjoy your lunch with your childhood friend! I still speak to people I went to primary school with (some from primary 1) but that wasn't too long ago I suppose..still the ones from primary 1 was 20 years ago!! Which is quite a wee while too!

Raine - Sorry you got April Fooled! No one actually done anything to me, but I did hear a few funny things from my friends..

Marielle - Thanks for posting the list of names! :)

Ann Marie - That's awesome you are going to WfE premiere!! Are you going to try and meet up with Vicky or Deb, if they are going too?

SuperJen - Ok, I am in stiches here!!
newtonscricket wrote:Really? I wake up on April Fool's morning to find out there were highly sexy pictures from Breaking Dawn all over the internet and I missed it and it's not a joke?
..and..
newtonscricket wrote:I rang our phone from my cell phone, answered it, pretended to listen, hung up and told my kids that due to a mix up they had one more snow day to make up so they were going to have to go to school tomorrow (SATURDAY :shock: ). I gave them about 10 seconds until I said April Fools!
The 9 yr. old thought it was funny :lol:
The 12 yr. old was enraged and didn't think it was the slightest bit funny :rant:
The 5yr. old watched Diego and paid me no mind.
..you officially win the most-witty HH Sister award!! I love the way you write! I also thought a similar thing about the BD pics tho...
Glad you liked ActionRob's kilt! :)

Ok I'm off to watch tv & eat some junk food - woohoo! LOL! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hello Halfway House,
I swear whatever anti-Rob/Twilight forces that are out there were attacking me. I have been trying to get a good post since Thursday and everytime I tried, something happened. Today at work, the internet was working just fine until I tried to post, then BAM it froze. Even now, my boys are all over my computer.
My husband took our boys to the fair yesterday. They had a blast. I didn't care that I was at work when they went, I just saw it as a boys day out. My five year old rode all the rides that they would allow him, but my youngest was still too scared. Oh well. They both came home with these huge stuffed bananas filled with that bean-bag material. Our dog keeps trying to tear it up. That is one mess I do not want to clean.

fi Happy moving. You are going to be one sore woman when your done; lifting all those boxes and furnature will make your muscles sore. Keep us informed when you get a break.

susie Cute picture of you and Lulu. I'm glad you two had a lot of fun.

marielle I loved your smutty daydream comment. I'm sure glad you posted that because I thought I was the only one. Those fanfictions really mess with our heads don't they. I get it bad especially at work when I read them instead of working. My co-worker is always asking me why I have a smile on my face. As far as the leaked BD pics, I want to see those too. We are rebels aren't we? I say it's our inner Volturi coming out. For the name list
VolturiGirl - Amy
StellaBlueBella - Rachel

older_twilight_fan So sorry to hear that your son was sick. Glad that he is feeling better.

Jazz Girl Regarding Bel Ami, it angers me too. I like the idea of Rob as a bad guy. Tool or no tool, I like watching him play something outside the "Twilight" character. They have no right to edit the movie to make him look not that bad. That is the role Rob is suppose to play. With them editing the film like that, they are doing nothing but stereotyping him. I think he is a wonderful actor and he is going to go far in this world.

SwanCulle Loved the decorations, especially the Perv Chair. It makes me want to be a bad girl. Send me for a time out in the chair.

missp I know you have gotten this comment from everyone else, but here I go: You have got to take it easy. Your health is so important. Please get some well deserved rest on your new bed.

lulu I, too, have always wanted to do the smokey eye look, but I have the same eye structure you described. At least you had fun.

openfire Enjoy adults night out. They don't happen very often. I loved your comment about the BD pics you saw. You tease. So not fair. I just want to jump into your computer and see them, but I don't think it will be very long before they are blasted all over the internet, so I will sit in the perv chair and wait for the pics to be available to us all.

Dazzle21 Your T-shirt was too funny. I love the swirley under the e.

Ok, I don't know if this is the place to ask, but can anyone help me get a banner? I feel so naked here. Everyone has pictures of something or someone, and I have nothing.. :o Everyone enjoy your Friday.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

VolturiGirl~ Just shoot me a PM or let me know in here what you want and I'd be happy to make a banner for you :) Since I've started doing them I think I've done just about everyone's LOL :)

Jut let me know if there are specific pictures you want, if you want the background to be a certain color and if you want a quote or caption and I can whip one up :clap:

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Girls! :D I have cut and pasted our list of names over to my post on the first page of the thread. That way, we can find it easier. :P

:clap: I got the mattress!! It will be delievered tomorrow night between 5-7 pm! Thanks to all of you for your loving encouraging words! I have had a bit of a delayed reaction today. I always come through like a trooper in the crisis and tend to fall apart some time later. I have watched the time of my meals very carefully this week and have two good nights of sleep since Tuesday's incident. The antibiotics have just about cleared up the infection and I'm having no coughing at night. So, after the new bed AND the meds, I should not have to ever worry about dozing off at the wheel again! :roll:

I can't believe I missed all the April Fool's stuff today! Looks like it was epic! The Summit "leak"... I am always suspicious that they are simply wanting to stir up some PR. However, I'm like some of you. It's going to be very difficult to keep leakage from occurring until 2012!

Okay, I am on my way to check out some messages on FB. I'll be back tomorrow.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey Hey Sisters!!!

Wow, three pages in less than 18 hours. Well, we're just settling in nice and comfy-like around here aren't we. Today, I convinced hubs to stay home and play hookie with the monkeys and I to celebrate their last day of spring break. So, to send spring break out with a bang, we decided to spend the day out playing. We started at the Children's Museum to visit the Film & TV Costumes exhibit and then wrapped it up with both boys topping the rockwall. From there, we hit the Butler campus just to take in some of the atmosphere. They were having a pep ralley, which was pretty cool. Of course, we also hit the bookstore to stock up on some Final Four gear. We ended the evening at Circle Centre Mall, the big mall in downtown Indy, where I was able to do just a bit of shopping for me after some supper. It was a lovely day.

And I will say this. I'm rather thankful I missed the mods little April Fool's Surprise. I'm so so so not a Bieber fan that it would have made it impossible to even stay on the boards. I have many issues with the... boy... that I just would not be able to take it, especially seeing him where my Edward is supposed to be.

Decorations~ Well, you all did such a wonderful job of decorating... I'm just going to handle a few details...

Making sure the boat dock is in place.

And of course, a lovely garden bench on which to sit.

And another garden seat, great for a little reading.

Oh!! Can't forget the bicycles.

You all have been wonderful enough to bring the pianos, but we can't forget the guitar!!

And finally, the window treatments.

WfE Promos~ So, watching TV tonight, I have seen the WfE promo four times, three within 10 minutes of each other :clap: :clap: My only reservation is that it was on Oxygen and Food networks, which are primarily female-dominated audiences. It doesn't surprise me at all. But, I'm really hoping they at least have a pronounced presence on "regular" networks.

BD Leaks~ Well, as most of you probably figured by now, I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening in a bit of a haze, completely freaking out over the leaked photos. I have no problem standing up and saying, yes I saw them, yes I drooled over them like you would not believe and YES THEY MADE ME ECSTATICALLY HAPPY!!! I actually had someone ask me how I could feel okay about looking at the leaked photos when I take such a stand on papz pics. I do understand that the pics (and psst, there's a video too!) were obtained illegally. I did not steal them, nor have I posted them for public use. I enjoyed viewing them while they were available and there's nothing that violates any law or personal right there. Rob & Kristen were clearly in full performance (amazingly so, were you to ask my personal opinion) mode and filmed these scenes with the full understanding that they would be viewed by millions of people. Do I understand that Summit and the production team have plenty of reason to be ticked? Absolutely. But, I can't unwatch them. I didn't go online specifically looking for them. But, when they popped up on one of my regularly followed sites, I sure as heck was not going to look away. Now, if you want my impressions, more than happy to share (within reason, of course, *nods to Mods*) There were several spoilerish scenes that we won't see until 2012, but they look amazing. Most of the pics in question were from what was clearly the honeymoon and I will tell you what... we saw lots of this (NOT A SPOLIERPIC) and I will tell you, if we thought RobLer was beautiful, RobWard is looking FIERCE!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

*Pops into HH, collapses in a chair, greatfully accepts the offered panad (that's a cuppa here in Wales), and quickly passes on news of progress of house move before disapearing to lift more boxes and sort out even MORE stuff!*

Hell All :)
Hope you all had a good April Fool's Day!
Well, we're in the house! We stayed there last night after much help from our very kind, willing, helpful friends. My best friends (also now good friends with GB) came by EVERY day after work this week to help us move stuff, I don't know what we would have doen with our them!
I'll tell you the whole story another time, the short version is that we slept in the house for the first time last night (after a Pizza Delivery FEAST with those who had helped out), then were up again early this morning to come back to the caravan to get more stuff.
Than you all for your kind wishes, they are very much appreciated. (I always think that just knowing that there are people out there who are wishing you well makes ANY task easier and more enjoybale, so I do mean it when I say THANK YOU!!)

Love to you all
fi (& GB, he just came in and told me to "Say hi from me to all your Sexy Lexi Ladies" :) )
xxxxxx
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey girls. Not much time to post. Going to enjoy the first summer weather at the beach drinking wine. See you all tonight enjoy your weekend.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

HAPPY SATURDAY, SISTERS!! The sun is out and it’s going to be a beautiful day here in the northern part of Alabama! I have been hit with a lazy streak a mile wide, and all I see getting done today is laundry. The house will just have to hold itself together for another week!

CARYN~~ It sounds like you and your family really celebrated the end of Spring break with a fun-filled day! My 5th graders – and their very weary teacher – are sooooo ready for their Spring break. One more week with one more state test, and we have the week off! :clap: Thanks for the added decs to the house! You have such a talent for interior decorating! And, I am right there with you on the Beiber issue. I just don’t see what all the fuss is about. :roll: AND… if I had had the opportunity, I would have been viewing those leaked photos and vids as well. The way I feel about it is this: They (the powers that be at Summitt) know this kind of thing happens. It’s pretty inevitable with a franchise this popular and so anticipated, so take more precautions. NOT that I feel it's right for someone to make like a thief and steal stuff, but that's a rant I have no time for toda. :rant: But, I think they actually “want” the leaks sometimes in order to add to the frenzy that is Twilight. Anyhoo… once it’s leaked, it’s out there and open season until it’s pulled, so I say “Have at it!” I must say, you’re comments about what you saw have me bouncing in my seat!!! WfE… I have seen the promo a couple of times, too. This movie is going to be AMAZING! I think the RobKnockers are going to get a huge helping of CROW!

FI-FI~~ Hey, Girl!! I feel for you with the moving! I hate moving! But, it is so exciting that you are getting a new place!! Post us some pics when it’s all put together! I’m glad you have so many friends willing to help you out. It’s such an overwhelming job when you’re facing it virtually alone. I’ve always been very fortunate in that area as well. My family and friend are always right there to help out whenever I need them. Awww… :oops: GB is so kind to call us Sexy Lexi Ladies! Tell him hello from us, too!

MARIELLE~~ I am soooo jealous that you have summer weather at the beach already! I am so tired of cold and damp. I love to read Forks weather, but I sure don’t want to live in it! Enjoy your weekend, Girl! :D

ALL YOU OTHER SISTERS~~ Enjoy your day!! I’ll be back later… maybe after my new bed arrives! :clap:
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Drive by posting as I have approximately 45 minutes until we leave for the day. First we have to head back to Indy for a quick stop, then we are on our way east to watch tonight's big game with some friends who graduated from Butler with us. I'm trying not to get too excited. This year kind of has a different feel to it. Hubs and I were talking about it this morning. Anywho, I'm off to get ready to head out and I will be back tomorrow high on victory.

GO DAWGS!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS