Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Caryn – Loved those happy go smiley pics! Especially the staring – OMG – their chemistry must be amazing to witness first hand. KStew must have nerves of steel because that look would definitely render the rest of us speechless! It has been very interesting and educational researching my Dad’s past/family history. It’s too bad their story is somewhat of a sad one but, in a way that’s a motivator for me. I feel like I am trying to defend somehow or add perspective to my biological grandmother’s decisions. In a family of almost entirely men, I’ve come to realize there is a general lack of understanding about the constraints a woman (especially one living in 1950’s post war Germany) could be facing. So sorry to hear about your cousin, I can’t imagine what it must be like for his parents not to be able to hop on a plane and be with him. But hopefully at this point while he is alone, he is being kept well medicated and it will be like what people say when little ones suffer – they won’t remember it. Once I listened to a missionary give a speech about when she was injured in the Middle East. She had to stop in Germany for medical care before coming home. I don’t think her family was able to join her there either. She didn’t seem to remember much of that time…

Desiree – Thanks, yeah that time period (and the years leading up to it) is a pretty dark one for humankind. It’s not so much that I am in a dark place myself, just very hormonal and thinking of it brings me to tears at times. It’s always been very hard for me to understand how things like that can happen but it’s harder to compartmentalize and move on with my day now… So I yeah there may be times I need someone to talk to, if nothing else to get my mind back to the present but like you said, it’s worth it. Wow your kids go back to school an entire month after mine! When did they get out for the summer? We have dollar days here too… Gotta love it! I know it won’t be showing for a buck anytime soon but I kinda wanna go see the Smurf’s on the big screen, guess it wouldn’t have been anything I would have been able to do as a kid. Mom was not big on the Smurf’s for some reason… I think it had to do with Gargamel or something.

Amy – Thanks girl! We are super excited about ‘peanut #3’!! My due date, for now, is April 2 but I am not entirely convinced they have it right this time… Oh well, I guess time will surely tell on that one, lol. That is great that your hubs taught you how to back up the boat trailer. It’s nice to be able to do things yourself huh. I don’t know how well my hubs and I would fare at that particular endeavor. We usually handle tasks together extremely well, heck that’s how I knew he was ‘the one’ and not just any old boyfriend but that being said there is something when it comes to him giving me driving instructions (usually of the backseat variety and NOT at my request) that drives me bonkers with quickness. So I usually just offer to let him drive. That’s probably what he’s aiming for anyway, lol. Of course, I think I am a better driver but it’s something I am willing to let him have if you know what I mean ;] It’s funny, parents get practically competitive about the ‘good teachers’ as if there’s anything we can do about it. Always makes me wonder about the flip side of that… Like what the process for deciding which kids gets in what class and are the teachers like Nooooo or Yeah! when they find out who will be in their class.

Susie – Yes, I am most definitely with child lol. I’ve been thinking lately how even though we aren’t quote unquote RL friends there is an advantage here because I can come to the HH whenever I want. And this is cheerful place but not in a fake way. I mean what people share is real and it’s not always happy fluffy stuff but there is just a positive vibe around here or something. Not to be getting all new age on you or anything, I don’t know much about that stuff other than to know it when I see it, I guess. Ok so The Help is definitely on the TBR list. How’d your assignment wrap up? Do you have many more of these to do? Getting paid for your time much make it so much more, well, rewarding, lol.

Christina – Thanks! Yes pregnancy brain is a very real thing. I sometimes wonder how much empathy I would’ve had for its sufferers before having kids myself…? I am not always known for being the world’s most patient person. It sounds like your office would be a nice place to work while preggers. It must be cute watching them grow together. It would be funny if the babies grew to be friends someday, imagining before and after (birth) pictures of two besties. Well it’s probably a long shot but still, it would be something. Honestly sounds like something outta a fic a read, lol.

Tracy – You know what; we are excited about the baby but have decided to wait a few weeks before sharing the news with the kiddos. Baby boy won’t know the difference and Little Man, well honestly half the reason is I am expecting more… technical questions this time around I am giving myself ‘time to prepare’. He’s 8 so I am not sure if he’s ready for all the specifics but I am going on the assumption this will be thought provoking news for him. Have you had ‘the talk’ with yours yet? And the other half of the reason we’re waiting to tell him is, the chances for a loss drop dramatically after the first 12 weeks or so. I’ve been lucky and never experienced anything like this but, it’s always a possibility and LM is the person I most want to shelter from experiencing loss. One day last year he came home and told me one of his classmates mom was going to have a baby but didn’t and that this day would’ve been its birthday. Obviously the little girl was talking about it to him and it made me realize just how much kids are affected by things like that and I wondered if her mom realized it too. I imagine it was a very hard day for her. Ahhgg… See the emo just creeps in these days, lol. But anyway sounds like you’ve got the afternoon schedule between buses planned to perfection!

Ginnie – Guilt free mommy time… Woooo Hoooo! It’s kinda had to believe it but thanks for reminding me that’s coming… Someday ;] Actually, I put Baby Boy in a mother’s day out program but it’s only twice a week and for a few hours… We just started last week so he’s been three times now and I think about him the entire time. We’ve never been away from each other like this before. But it’s good for him… and me. We just have to get used to it and I a couple hours twice a week is a good place to start. Wow that’s quite a list from the pool party. You’ve got half the cast there with you, lol!

Ann Marie – Thanks! We think it’s awesome news too! I already find myself making plans… if a boy I’ll do this or if a girl I’ll do that… but I don’t need to do that yet because I am trying so hard to remain gender neutral. Honestly, I do find myself thinking of the baby as a girl more but maybe that’s just because I am a girl? Yeah I heard Kellan’s looking good in his new movie but haven’t seen anything from it yet but still that doesn’t make up for no BD trailer does it, lol.

Marielle – So sorry to hear about your brother’s ex-girlfriend’s dad. It’s good you two are still close. I know it really messed with me when a friend my own age lost her dad to an illness. Scary to think about but it sounds like you can relate and be a good friend to her. Is she on friendly terms with your bro? I only ask because it reminds me of something in my own family. Once my bro had a girlfriend that kinda bonded with the entire family but they were young and it didn’t work out. Somehow, she made it on one of those pictures slide shows my uncle had on his TV screen saver at Christmas. I don’t think bro’s wife appreciated it, especially since it was their first married Christmas together. Guess I would’ve been like wtf if I were her too but honestly, I still think it’s kinda funny. Wrong of me I know. I still talk to the ex-gf every once in a while. I just consider her a friend and not bro’s ex.

So I guess I am making up for lost time a bit here, lol. Anyone still with me? Not too much going on here in Rachel land this week. I did learn something interesting in my family history research that is slightly Twi-related. Apparently, according to Wikipedia, the town my father was born in, local legend has it that Vlad Dracula (as in the Dracula) is buried there. I didn’t realize this was a real legend… Not that Dracula is real but the legend is. Anyway, there is some sort of leaning tower with a cross atop it and in its windows. The crosses shadows are supposed to fall right dead center on Dracula’s grave. Wikipedia literally called it “spooky”. This made me laugh. Who knew right.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Just a quick drive-by post to wish everyone a Happy Friday!

I'm off to see The Help with a coworker in just a bit. What I wouldn't give to see the Breaking Dawn Part 1 preview before the movie.... ;) Thanks for posting those lovely BD stills Caryn. I love the one of Renee with Bella and Edward--they all look so joyously happy. I think it's safe to assume that Charlie won't have nearly the same type of expression on his face during, or after the wedding scenes. Bella and Charlie's "goodbye" scene will probably bring me to tears. :(

Have a great evening, and I'll check back in tonight or tomorrow.
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY WEEKEND LADIES!

Good News! I’m basically finished with my online course. I just have to make my final lesson plan look all pretty and stuff. I’ve already completed each section, but just need to make some revisions. Then I will actually teach these lessons in the fall and then give feedback. I’m sorry I was such a complainer.

It was Sonny Boy’s last day of work today and his boss and co-workers gave him a very thoughtful gift of college supplies: and a mesh waste basket full of snacks and pens, highlighters, a jump drive, some plastic dishes and a $50 Target gift card. They got him a goodbye card too. Despite all the hassles with Corporate, he did like the people at his branch office.

One of my friends finally read Twilight (she bought it at a consignment shop), and she liked it OK but thought it was slow moving.(!?!) In a way, I kind of wished it had remained a mystery to her. I’m not sure I want to share it with her if she doesn’t like it the way I do. Then she wrapped it up and gave it to our mutual friend at lunch today. I’m a bit wary…

Tracy – Krisella’s tiny white shorts really don’t cover much – that will be interesting to see if she has to walk around much in them. Wow. Time management skills already for your daughter. She probably intuitively knows how to do it. I can just picture you stamping your foot and pouting. Is Divergent a YA book? I think I’ll just wait until April to read the first one and then I won’t have to wait so long for the second one. I hope you enjoyed The Help as much as I did. Can’t wait to discuss.

Caryn – Breaking out into song and dance might have been a bit strange with a group of techno-geeks. They did have fun with the water balloon toss, though! I’m glad your cousin came through surgery alright. Your poor aunt and uncle! I can’t imagine being so far away.Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with the BD pics!! I have a very good feeling about this movie…

Marielle – Work all week, party all night! Take care of yourself.

Annmarie – Sounds like you’re keeping busy. DD’s cake got a little overdone, unfortunately. I didn’t hear the timer go off, so it was in the oven an extra 10 minutes. It didn’t get burned, but it wasn’t as delicate and moist. Oh well.

Ginnie – Where all those named kids or a combination of kids and adults? I would have smiled too and I would have also wanted to get on the Lex to share that info.

Amy
– I love your Peter pics! What gorgeous eyes! Here’s one for you! Yay for getting the best Kindergarten teacher! Exciting times for you! Congrats on learning how to back the boat trailer. Are you camping still? I guess I was confused since you had to go to your son’s school.

Rachel
–That’s great that you can get some errands done while Baby Boy is in childcare twice a week. You’ll get used to being away from him. It is so sweet hearing you talk about how you think about him – so sweet. I know what you mean about the new agey stuff. Sometimes thing just feel like they were meant to be and feel like things are really in synch. Unfortunately, sometimes it feels the opposite. I’m glad you think of your Halfway House sisters as positive. I agree. It’s a great place to come. I’m sorry I didn’t comment on all of your family research. I guess I just couldn’t take in all the info at once and do my post. What an amazing story. It is great that you are doing research.

Jaclyn – I miss you!!

I had to return my cute Cube rental car today! :cry: It was fun while it lasted. Even though we got an awesome insurance rate – after 40 days, it really added up. YIKES. We will soon have my FiL's car.

Daughter Dear just left for a trip to visit a friend in Williamsburg, VA. She’ll be joining us in Charlottesville, VA in a few days. Hubs is going tomorrow and Sonny Boy and I will be here for a few more days because he's going to the Katy Perry concert on Tuesday.

I hope you all have great weekend plans!

NEXT WEEK WE'LL PROBABLY BE STARTING HALFWAY HOUSE #9!!!!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hey Susie,
Happy weekend to you. I love your PFach pic. He's so adorable. Yes we are still camping. My Internet service out here is horrible. It took me almost 20 minutes just to get those pics. It wasn't the RobCrack I wanted to post. Maybe next hump day. Yay that you finished your online courses. You deserve a mini vacation. Too bad you were not here in Blythe. I would have taken you out for a ride on my boat. So what is Sonny Boy going to do now that he is finished?

Have a good evening Halfway House. I'm off to bed.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Rob Dream, Rob Dream, Rob Dream!

sorry to be gone so long, I kind of lost my mojo there for a bit, but it's back and what better evidence than a Rob Dream? I never get Rob Dreams!

Rob and I were co-workers (possibly waiters?) even though Rob was also an actor. He wanted to get to a screening of his new movie, you know the kind with just the director and producers and folk like that. We snuck away from work and I drove him there in a large truck. I was driving and he was in the back though! Grr. Another co-worker was with us but she has faded into insignificance.

I can't remember anything about the movie except I think it was animated. Sometime while we were watching Rob took my hand. Then he started stealing kisses at intervals, like he just couldn't help himself.

After the movie we left into a crowd with paparazzi, Rob was getting separated from me by the crowd, but then he reached back for me, pulled me to him, and kissed me in front of everybody, to the sounds of frenzied picture taking.

End of dream, sigh.

I only read the last page, so I know that Rachel is pregnant! Congratulations!

And Susie is coming to Charlottesville! (I know, you're thinking, isn't Charlotte the one in North Carolina, but Charlottesville is only a little farther actually)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Girls! Just a quick hello this morning! I survived the first week back to school! I worked until 10 p.m. last night getting lesson plans ready for next week. I wish I had time to just crash this weekend, but I have a baby shower to attend this afternoon, a pool party after that, I serve in the Cafe' at Epic tomorrow followed by the 11 a.m. service... *sigh*! I'll try to check back in before bed tonight! Have a great Saturday, Sisters! ((((HUGS!))))

By the way... CAN I KEEP A SECRET OR WHAT??? I knew that Rachel was pregnant a while back! ;) I am so glad I can officially say... CONGRATS!!!! :D
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies~
Another drive-by post to wish you a Happy Saturday!

My friend and I both enjoyed the movie The Help very much. Although they tweaked a bit and left out a few things due to time constraints, I thought that it was a pretty great adaptation of an enthralling book, especially for a novice screenwriter/director. I laughed and I cried, and I was mesmerized by the amazing performances of these powerhouse women. And as the icing on the proverbial cake.....the Breaking Dawn Part 1 trailer was the first preview shown!!! :clap: Robward (and his beautiful back) looked glorious on the big screen, and the wedding scenes, and Robward and Krisella canoodling on the streets of Brazil, and Robward throwing Jacob across the room.... :shock: I'm not sure we'll survive this movie, ladies. 8-) You all would be very impressed at how I kept the bouncing in my seat and whimpering to a minimum when that Summit logo first appeared onscreen. :D My friend and I didn't want to draw undue attention to ourselves in the middle of a packed theater full of of people who are pretty much indifferent to the Twilight phenomenon.

Newjen~ Loved your Robdream, your lucky girl! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you definitely tried to go back to sleep to finish off that particular dream.

Missp~ Glad to hear your officially survived the first week of school with your wonderful 5th graders. Hope you do find time to get some rest this weekend, in between all your social events and obligations. ;)

Amy~ Enjoy the rest of your camping vacation with your family. How's the weather, and how do you guys stay cool and comfortable while you camp?

Susie~ I'm glad you (mostly) finished your online course. I'm sorry to hear your friend was sort of unaffected by reading Twilight. It's not for everybody, and at least she gave it a try, although I understand you would like to be able to share with her your unabashed love for this series. What a great and practical gift for SonnyBoy from his workmates! I'm sure he'll put that gift certificate to good use as well, with school supplies and/or dorm room stuff. I loved The Help (as I mentioned above) and look forward to discussing it in greater detail. It kind of made me want to read the book again, just to see exactly where and how the movie deviated from the book. As far as homework and time management skills go, my daughter is already pretty good with that as you mentioned (better than my son for sure). She's working on her homework this morning for Monday, and will work tomorrow on some homework for later in the week to try and get ahead a little. Now with my son.....that's another story, and is a little more like pulling teeth. :) I'm glad to hear you'lll have your FIL's car soon, even though you enjoyed renting the Cube. Yes, Divergent is geared toward a young adult audience, but might be enjoyed by a more widespread audience. I think Hubs is even going to give it a try, as he actually enjoyed reading The Hunger Games series.

Rachel~ I don't blame you for waiting a bit to share the exciting news about the baby with your kiddos (well... your oldest, as Baby Boy really won't know the difference as you said ;) ). We waited until after the first trimester to generally spread the good news around, as well. You asked about "The Talk". We've discussed all this with my 11-year old daughter, but not yet with my 9-year old son. He seems pretty clueless and unaware of any of it just yet, and I'm okay with that. ;) The research you've been pursuing about your family and their history sounds very interesting and insightful, and I can imagine that it would make you a bit emotional, especially with those pregnancy hormones raging.

Hello to Ginnie, Ann Marie, Marielle, Caryn, and anyone else I've missed. :wave:
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone -

Sleep deprived again! I had to take Hubs to the airport this morning at 6 am. Then I couldn't go back to sleep when I got home. I hope to take a nap this afternoon, but if not, I'll be able to sleep late the next 3 mornings before I leave on my trip. Hooray! I'm enjoying some down time now. Sonny is out at a "hipster" coffee shop with a friend. Tonight I'm taking him to a trendy urban restaurant to celebrate finishing his internship. He loves going out -he's got expensive tastes, like his Mama. Then we're going to watch The Kids Are All Right on DVD - haven't seen it yet and I usually see all the Oscar nominated films, so this is well overdue!

Tracy - I'm glad you liked the movie. The only thing that bugged me a little was how they changed the reason for Constantine leaving. I know they didn't have time to develop that part of the story, but what they settled on was so trite. Can you imagine what it is like for the author to sell the rights and have to accept any changes made to he story? At least it was minimal. I just loved all the acting, the costumes, the interiors. I want to see it again. I especially loved Viola Davis. She had such depth. I found myself just wanting to be her friend. Do you know what I mean? I'm glad you got to see the BD1 trailer! I arrived at the showing mid-way into the previews, so I don't know if they showed it or not. We were purposely trying to miss the previews - at that particular theatre, they commit 15 minutes to showing previews. At least I have seen it already on the big screen and it was amazing!

Amy
- Wow - a boat ride? Cool. I've given up swimming since my bikini body went bye-bye long ago. It's just too traumatic and since I'm old enough to do or not do whatever I want. I've decided that I have officially given it up (unless it is a pristine lake and the temp is over 85 and the sun is shining and I am completely alone) Tell me about the area you frequent there on the river. Is it public parkland? Do you own property? I just looked on Google maps at Blythe and can now see that it is the Colorado River, right? It is so cool to see the satellite view and how green Palo Verde Valley is, surrounded by mountains. It must be beautiful there! You ARE close to Phoenix. The next time I visit Lulu, you and your mom (Joyce) should meet up with us. That would be so cool!

NewJen - WOW. That is a VERY GOOD RobDream!! You must have been so sad to wake up! Was that this morning? I'm sure you don't want to tell your hubs why you had that silly smile on your face. Yes. Charlottesville! How long of a drive is it for you? I won't be there very long because I'll have to start driving the car back to Minneapolis. Daughter Dear is at your alma mater today. Hubs is in DC killing time (not hard to do) for a few hours before catching the train to Charlottesville.

Tonise
- Yes, you are good at keeping a secret! I'm glad your first week went well. Wow - prepping for next week until 10pm? A lot of people don't realize that's what teachers do. I suppose you won't have to do as much once the year gets going. You have a party theme for your Saturday and a service theme for your Sunday!! Enjoy and rest up for next week.

Well, I think I'd better do something a little more active to wake myself up. Laundry, perhaps?

Bye for Now!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy Saturday my darling sisters!!!

Pfff, busy weekend over here…We had planned to go to a party on Thursday and Friday night but we got an extra invitation with Friday afternoon… so we were flying from one party to the other… I was really juggling my meds and rest... especially when it was time to sleep I couldn’t…

But I did see the new BD stills and I really love them so far… I saw them quickly so if there are any remarks I’ll find out soon…

Now posts…I’ll try to catch up as much as I can.

Hey Susie, I see you!!!

Tracy, I love Tonks/Lupin fanfic, people write them really funny but I’m not a big Ron/Hermione shipper…I don’t like Ron all that much…don’t know why but I never have…
I’m jealous you got the BD trailer preview, I have been to the cinema so much but we are getting Sherlock Holmes still…

Caryn, I don’t know how much of the news from Europe you get in Indy but we had the same type of disaster as you all had last week. Here just over the border with Belgium there was a big festival, we had some bad weather Thursday night and a freak gust of wind blew done a large stage tent… they had 5 deaths and many injured…last year something alike happened with a tent on a festival I always go to but it was a week before the festival started…the weather is getting freaky…
Maybe the poster is a front, so they don’t have to show the true extend of the movie…(I don’t really believe it as I write it down, but I can hope…)

Susie, the father of my ex-sister was 62… really young after all…
The picture of Rob was at Cannes a few years ago… the Cannes shot is famous, search on google Rob in Cannes… just a warning you need a day of recovering time and a day of drooling hazy time…
I’m happy your daughter had fun with her birthday… you sure know how to make it a good one…
I am taking care of myself… today I spend in the sun with a good book and am now staying on the couch…

Ann-marie, my ankle feeling like hell… two evening of partying isn’t really good for it, it was the size of a lemon after the first evening, now it’s getting better, but thanks for asking…
How did Tom Felton do in Planets of the apes new movie? I’m curious to see him in an other role than Draco Malfoy…

Ginnie, that’s so freaky!!! All those kids named like that all… you must have been worried about kids turning into werewolves and fight with your son…

Amy, love the Pfach picture for Friday!!! Sorry I missed posting mine…

Rachel, congratulations with the pregnancy!!! I’ll try to send good vibes so everything goes smoothly..
My brother’s ex and he are still good friends, I think the relationship has now turned to a more brother/sister thing..she has a new bf and he is really nice and hangs out with my brother and his friends regularly… my brother felt really bad when he heard about her father and immediately called her from Alaska. I still see her a bit like my little sister, they were really young when they started to date and she already had troubles at home, I spend many hours with her talking and letting her cry it all out…

Dang Susie was quicker with her post!!!

Anyway… I’m off to fanfic land… going to write some smut… I’m in the mood for some smut…

A gift from Robsessed…

And to make up my absence… enjoy but be careful

Have a nice evening!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Tracy, glad you got to see The Help, I'm really looking forward to it. Yeah, you're right I've been trying to go back to sleep all day.

Susie, Charlottesville is a four hour drive from here. But I could combine it with a trip to visit my brother/his wife/my niece in Leesburg, and a trip to Take it Away for the best sandwich in the world. (Is it wrong that I once left my father's hospital bed to go get one of these sandwiches?)

It's probably too late, but are you sure you want to watch The Kids Are All Right with Sonny Boy? There's some very explicit sex scenes. I know he's 18 and an "adult" now, but there are some things I never want to watch with my parents/my children no matter what everybody's ages. Anyhow, I'll be curious to hear what you think. I just watched it a week or two ago. My thumbnail review, not that anybody asked: Great acting but not really a movie I enjoyed or thought was Oscar worthy.

I've been watching Synecdoche, NY. I've only got 15 minutes left but I'm not sure I can face them. Please, everybody, save yourselves, never watch this movie. Rob is such an artist, one day he's bound to make some relentlessly depressing movie I hate. Luckily those indie artistic movies usually require actors to take off their clothes.