Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by Susie »

Just in case anyone's worried about Susie - she's still alive!

The weekend was busy with the final run of GRIMM. While the kids were on clean-up duty, the parent volunteers had Gin & Tonics outside. It was a very late night! Susie went to bed after 1am and got up at 6:30am to get Sonny Boy out the door to an earlier than usual work meeting. By then, it was too late to go back to bed, so Susie is suffering a bit more than usual for a Monday.

Today she is busy working on her online course, but will be back later with her MegaPost.

Susie wants to heartily thank Caryn and Marielle for posting those delicious pics -they gave her enough energy to make it through the day.

Last but not least - Susie wants to wish AMY a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Susie will see you later.

(posted by Susie's Administrative Assistant)
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good evening girls

I have good news I've gone 4 whole days with no panic attacks im so happy with that I think the doctors have finally got my meds right it's a huge relief but im still not 100% my old self but I feel like I'm getting there

THANKYOU FOR BEING MY ROCKS. I lirerally don't know what I would be like if I never stumbled upon the lex I know that whatever day I'm having I can come here and talk to my best friends and sisters and the best people I could know

So it was back to work for me today finally it's been so boring so I'm very happy to be back my worked was pretty quiet really just watched the cricket which we won and the football which my team won

HH CON oh yeah I always like to try and get everything sorted pretty early so I have booked my hotel for my stay in Florida my best friend says he dosent mind where we stay as long as it's a holiday I however am a little selective on where I stay it's has to have a confy bed

Suzan- aww yeah I love one direction thanks for looking them up I saw them in concert a few months back I was a mess

Susie- you must be so tired but it does sound like you had fun

Marielle- I'm happy you've booked your holiday some sunshine will make you feel much better

Caryn - hey

Sorry to anyone I've missed

Catch you later girls

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Shoot I forgot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY

HAVE A GREAT DAY

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies~ Kudos to us all for almost making it through our Mondays. It was kind of nice to get back to a regular schedule at work today, but now that my days are shorter due to the kids' school schedules, I'm running around like crazy trying to get home before my daughter gets off the bus at 3:10 pm. :?

Happy Birthday Amy! Hope you enjoy your day.

Ann Marie~ Glad to hear you've had some good days with no panic attacks, and that you're feeling more like your old self again. We're so happy you found your way here, and we're always here for you hon. :)

Susie's Administrative Assistant~ Thanks so much for giving us a quick update about Susie, as we tend to worry a bit when we haven't seen a megapost from her in a couple of days. Having gin & tonics while volunteering sounds like the way to go. :D We also wish her good luck completing her online coursework, and hope to see her around here tonight or tomorrow, if she has the chance.

Raine~ Great to see you! Good luck with the packing, cleaning, and the moving in the next few days. I'm so sorry that you Eclipse poster was torn, and even sorrier that men can't seem to understand why we women find sentimental value in certain things. :roll:

Caryn~ I just had to repost your entire quote concerning those gorgeous pictures of Rob (and Kristen). I especially love the new one you posted where they're both conversing with Bill Condon. I just love how long and lean Rob looks, and the way he towers over Director Bill. :shock:
Jazz Girl wrote: Sweet mother of Christ, look at him!!! I mean, I want to find whichever wardrobe person who is responsible for that blue shirt/black slacks combination and give them a kiss on the lips. Frighteningly, to me, the sexiest thing about that photo (if I had to pick one thing at gunpoint because it's just...yeah) is his right arm, the crease at the elbow, the way he's pulling up on the sleeve just a bit and you see the whole bicep/chorded forearms combo.... Yeah, I have definitely gone over the edge. I'm going to go back to hiding in my corner and staring at this picture a little longer.
:swoon:

Ditto and amen to what you said sister :thumbsup: ....I'm going over the edge with you! 8-)

Joyce~ I wish we could share some of the yummy cheesecake you made Amy for her birthday--I'm sure it'll be delicious!

Marielle~ I'm glad to hear you ankle's feeling a bit better. You could still ice it to help with pain and inflammation....cold/ice is always very beneficial for the first 24-48 hours of an injury. I'm excited to hear the release date for the BD Part 1 soundtrack, and am keeping fingers and toes crossed that somehow Rob's name will be there. I've enjoyed purchasing these Twilight soundtracks before the movies were released, and listening to them a few times to familiarize myself with the music first.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Raine~ We’ve missed you but we all totally understand. Moving is tricky business and you have to make sure that things are handled correctly. Rather like moving your books ahead of time. Good thinking. I’m pretty sure I can guess which books were moved with the greatest care. ;) Oh No!!! Yeah, sometimes people just don’t understand how attached we can become to the seemingly most insignificant things. I refuse to get rid of the lariot/commemorative gift card combos we got from the Eclipse premiere as well. I just can’t bring myself to do it. But, think of it this way. Now, you have the absolute perfect excuse to buy a brand spanking new beautiful BDWard poster, or even better, search one out at the BD1 premiere.

Susie’s PA~ Perhaps when you are done helping Susie manage her life, I could borrow you for the upcoming October? My life gets just slightly nutty around then. Yes, I’m totally with Tracy. From now on, I’m only volunteering if it involves a cocktail break. :lol: Please let Susie know that we miss her and are waiting patiently for her next megapost.

AnnMarie~ That’s so good to hear. I’m sure you’re more relieved than anyone to have not had any attacks. I saw that you booked your hotel in Floria. Looks like you’ll be having a very nice long vacation. Glad you are happy to be back to work. I’m pretty sure I’d be going a little stir crazy after three weeks off. Granted, I honestly don’t think I could make myself take that much time off at once.

Tracy~ Yes, ma’am, that whole series of pictures from Lapa with that blue shirt… holy hell in a handcart, sister! You are absolutely right, though. Standing next to BC and Kris, he looks positively giant. But, my gods, he looks delicious! But, do tell… am I completely out of my mind about the whole elbow-crease thing? I mean, you see it, too, right?

Alright, girls, I’m off to the grocery before heading home. We actually do not have any practices, meetings or other responsibilities to night, so I think Hubs is going to cook!! I don’t think I know what to do with myself!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Good evening girls! I know I haven't posted in a while, and this will be a short one, but I promise to get back on later tonight and explain!!! Until then, I finally finished a new Bel Ami wallpaper and I'm presenting it to you for all of the
birthdays, humpdays and anything else I've missed!!

I'll post more later I promise!!!!

:wave: :wave:

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Sisters! After a pretty rocky start to the day, it has ended on a bit of a better note. I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. with my teeth rattling and very nauseated. I tried taking some liquid Tylenol to reduce the temp and get rid of the shakes and sinus headache, but the meds just wouldn't stay down. At 5 am, I got up and powered through the day. I had to make it special for my sweet little class! So, I got there early and had time to pray over every single little desk and child that would occupy it for the year. :D They are a great class! I have 20 in all... 8 girls and 12 boys. We're going to have great fun and they will accomplish much! They loved my stories about Bella and I even told them about my Twilight girls on the LEX and our planned trip to Chicago next summer. :lol: It was so nice to be able to leave school at an early hour today and come home and have dinner and get a shower before 7 pm! I'm wrapped up in my blanket with Baby Bella at my feet listening to some soothing music. Hopefully, I'll be totally recharged by in the morning! I'll see you girls tomorrow night! Have a terrific Tuesday!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Sisters!

I’m so glad my Personal Assistant was able to check-in earlier on my behalf so you wouldn’t worry. She does a great job. I don’t know what’s up with my maid, though. She just hasn’t been doing her job at all. I think I’m going to fire her.

I am now in possession of EW!!! SQUEE. I love all those pics. Except why is Robward worried, almost fearful in that water pic on the cover?? Is it because the cleaning people have arrived and will find the trashed bedroom?? Seriously. Any theories, girls? I guess they’ll just have to photoshop his golden eyes, eh? I hadn’t read the article online, so I really enjoyed reading that. I LOVED that they used direct quotes from the book, thus showing due respect! Rob is hilarious. I think he keeps saying things about how a normal guy wouldn’t put up with that crap because he can so easily imagine what it would be like if anyone got between him grammatically correct and Kristen.

Ginnie - If you’re out there… I just turned Maureen on to the world of fan fiction with Wish. She wants the next chapter, by the way.

Desiree – I’m sorry ActionRob scared your daughter!! Little does she know that she’ll have a completely different reaction in 15 years.

Smitten
– Thanks for the invite. I was swamped with at circus all day, so had to miss the fun. Excuse me, but I am a bit distracted by your banner. It’s the only shot I’ve seen that shows Krisella’s hand around his neck…..

Ashley
– Now I understand just how momentous this bedroom decorating project is for you! You’re living with your great-grandparents? Wow. My kids don’t even have great-grandparents. It sounds like you are enjoying the arrangements. They probably like having you around to keep them feeling young.

Amy
– Are you having a good birthday?? Is the cheesecake delicious? It seems like a compliment to you that the docs are taking you off the front desk to do the more challenging work. Congrats! I didn’t know a non-medical person could do procedures. In that case, are you sort of like a nurse’s assistant? Enjoy your vacation. Wow. I guess Eclipse is pretty authentic. Texan men really do say that!

JennJenn
– That’s great that your daughter’s cousins go to the same school. It sounds like there is a well-established parent program there. FYI I still didn’t get a PM.

Marielle
– I would love to make you a cake! I know how much you love chocolate. Love your dream. If only you had slept longer, I’m sure Rob would’ve shown up in the dream. Your co-worker probably honestly thinks that you are able to reconsider getting a kitten. I’m sure she wasn’t trying to be horrible. She is probably desperate to find homes for the kitten. Your holiday sounds divine. You and Jaclyn sure are educating me on the names of the various Canary Islands! You hurt your neck and sprained your ankle playing tennis. You are having a round of bad luck, girl!! You need to meditate or something. I know! All your Halfway House sisters need to send you LOTS of thoughts of good luck and good health. I’m doing so right now. Was it difficult getting to work this morning on that ankle?

Suzan
– I can understand why you are so frustrated with plans for your masters. The way you expressed it, it seems like there is no possible solution. But perhaps there is if you talk to the right person. You need to get advice from people in your college and see if there is any way to get a waiver or to do some sort of non-traditional work or study to make it all work out. Good Luck! I can see that the advantage of your system there is that it is affordable and very focused on professional study, but in turn that makes it a bit inflexible. Please keep us posted. I don’t think badly of your mom – in fact, since she gave birth to and raised you – a very special young lady – I like her quite a bit. If you do start to tell her more about the plot of the books – she’d probably be interested in how much Bella intuitively loves her unborn child and will sacrifice for it. Of course the birth is the most gruesome part of the saga, so she might be turned off by that. How much does she know about your friends at the Halfway House? I could send you a summary of our group –commonly shared info, of course, all approved info. She would be impressed by the range of ages, professions, and geographical location.

Caryn
– I’m glad the fundraising race was huge success. I can imagine how crazy it was for you just getting back from your DC trip. I hope you enjoy The Help. I loved it. I read it while convalescing from my knee surgery. Yeah! I love the night before school starting school shopping excursion! I used to do it ALL the night before out of protest that the school supplies were out over a month before school starts. Congrats on having a high schooler. You will LOVE it. He will love it too once he has adjusted. Love Robward’s Honeymoon eve wardrobe too! That shirt is somewhat transparent. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed that or not. I always felt the same way about getting back into the school routine and that it was somehow more relaxing! Sure you can borrow my PA, but I’m sure you would just look at what she is doing and realize it would just be better if you do it yourself.

Jaclyn – Thanks for checking in! Don’t worry about all of those chores! When you’re old and gray, are you going to be lamenting about all the chores you missed doing? No. You’re going to be remembering the wonderful times spent with your niece and nephews!

Tonise – I’m glad you enjoyed the Change Up and had a fun double date. I hope your first day of school went well – I read on fb that you felt ill. I hope that was short lived. Have a great year with those 20 5th graders. They are lucky to have you as their teacher. Now I've read your post - Congrats on making it through the day! It was so sweet of you to pray over each student's desk. Aww! You told them about us?? Wow. We really rank. I'm so glad you're not teaching the pm class. Rest up now.

Tracy
– I’m glad you had a good time at your 25th reunion. I’m impressed that your hubs went and even helped. My hubs hasn’t been allowed to attend ever since he stole some appetizers at my 15th. So did the men look especially old? I’ll try to remember to send you the cake recipe. I’ll be making it for my daughter on Wednesday for her birthday so maybe that will remind me to send it to you. Back to your school work schedule/routine – I’m confident that once you’ve gotten used to it, you’ll be able to check in with us fairly regularly. Hey – Can I go over the edge with you and Caryn?

Joyce
– We know why Amy is such a wonderful girl – she has a devoted, loving mother! It was so sweet of you to wait up until midnight to post. Love your emoticons! Cheesecake? My mouth is watering right now. So not fair!

Raine – Nice to see you. Moving is a lot of work! Is this to a larger house or a different neighborhood? What was the impetus for the move? I’m so sorry about your poster. Of course we understand the magnitude of the loss. Don’t worry about being gone for a while, we’ll still be here when you get back.

Annmarie – Yeah for the reduction in panic attacks! I loved how you articulated your appreciation for our support. We love you too, Annmarie! We’re glad you stumbled on this place too and are especially glad we’ve been able to help you when you needed it most.

Tammy
– LOVE your Bel Ami banner! It is fabulous! Can’t wait to hear what you’ve been up to.

Christina
- I see you! I hope your kitty is feeling better.

Lucky me! Daughter Dear made dinner tonight - Ratatouille and couscous! YUMMY!

Time to eat!

I'll see you all tomorrow!
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Good evening sisters!

First I wanted to thank everybody for all the kind thoughts for the recovery of my precious kitty. She appears to be on the mend (she's getting friskier) but I'm still keeping a close eye on her. She still has three weeks of medicine to go.

Last week was pretty stressful for me. In addition to a sick cat and long work hours, shortly after I made my last post I discovered my refrigerator wasn't working. I had to run to the store and buy a bag of ice to put in a cooler and beg my neighbor to keep my frozen stuff for me. The property manager called in a repair guy who took it apart and couldn't find a problem. He said the fridge was fully functional and in very good condition. He thinks that maybe the door didn't get closed all the way and it overheated and shut itself off. This would make sense because it inexplicably came back on the next day and has worked fine ever since. :scratch: I guess I'll just have to make sure the door always seals when I close it.

I went with one of my coworker friends to a house party for Miche bags. I don't know if any of you have heard of them, but basically they make purses that have interchangeable covers or "shells" so you can change the look of your bag frequently without having to transfer everything from purse to purse. If you're one of those people who are really into purses and like to be able to coordinate your clothes and accessories, they're really quite neat and practical.

Caryn~ Our switchover to the new computer system went pretty well. Much smoother than I thought it would. There are still a few kinks to work out though. I am still getting used to Office 2010. They've moved so many things around, and while I like some of the changes that were made, I'm still having to actually stop and think about where things are. "Oh right this function is on this menu now" type of stuff. I'm glad that your friends at the concert weren't hurt.

Susie~ Hope SonnyBoy had a great birthday! I love that you're trying to strategize with Suzan to win her mother over. If anyone can convince her it's you.

Brenda~ Unfortunately I'm salaried so no overtime. :roll: A lot of stuff just came up at once, such as last minute client meetings (I'm sure you saw on the news the markets went on a heck of a rollercoaster ride last week), and a few new office procedures my boss decided to put in place. I'm at least pretty much caught up now.

Suzan~ Any day is a good day for Robcrack! ;) I didn't see your post, but I gather your mom didn't react well to your coming to HHCon next summer?

Marielle~ I'm sorry you got so hurt! I hope you're healing quickly.

Tracy~ Glad you had a good time at your reunion. I wish mine had been so great. When I went to my ten-year in 2009 it was awful. The whole thing wasn't well-organized, although the food they served was pretty good. Out of a class of 450 students only about 50 showed up. I didn't remember most of them and those I did were people I didn't like in high school. And then my friend's husband spilled a Big Gulp-sized drink all over me in front of everyone. At least it gave me a good excuse to leave. I would say the best part of that evening was that when I left my apartment to go there I was happy with the way I looked. I know this is old but I wanted to respond about the DH2 soundtrack. I think it's a wonderful score, better than DH1 actually. It looks like you and I have the same favorites. Lily's Theme is so hauntingly beautiful. I absolutely adore the Statues and Courtyard Apocalypse tracks (Statues is one of my favorite scenes from the movie too). The Resurrection Stone track can bring me to tears, and I also really like A New Beginning. And I loved that they used the original music from Sorcerer's Stone for the epilogue; it was the perfect musical bookend.

Amy~ Here's a belated birthday present for you! You're actually the same age as me. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Raine~ Good luck with your move.

AnnMarie~ Congratulations on going so long without a panic attack. :clap: I'm glad your meds are working and you feel more like your old self again. That's great progress and we're all very proud of you. What hotel did you book for your Florida visit?

:wave: to everybody I've missed!
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Quick drive by to.....

Wish Amy a Happy Birthday. Hope your day was fabulous.
Banner by TammyAZ