Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GOLDENGIRL59
Wandering Through Town

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by GOLDENGIRL59 »

Happy Monday to all...Even if it's close to being over/or if it's hanging on to the end for 1 or 2 of you. I started posting this morning but my neck is in bad shape and I didn't get very far. My arms and hands don't want to cooperate. The vertigo goes crazy and though I would like to say I'm a dizzy blond it's kind of a mix of dizzy grey now. I can't color it until swimmings about over due to pool chemicals. They do wierd things to my naturally beautiful brownish hair..HUH! So I'm determined to finish even with the hubs a few feet away giving me a play by play on the TV. Do they just need our attention when we're busy??? :scratch: I do want to make sure to wish All you moms The best with your first days of school and your kids. I know some of you already started so I do hope your kids/and you are adjusting well. I was one of those that sat and watched and cried for hours waiting for the clock to pick them up. WHAT A SAP! After a few years my oldest sister and I would get the kids to school and each have a bottle of champagne in hand. Call and pop the bubbley and celebrate.."They're gone"!! :yahoo: Okay, now I watch my grandkids go to school and drive the school nuts taking a billion pictures. Yes, they're waiting to start the class. i'M SURE I don't embarass the kids LOL! I have the 5th grader going and our 2nd boy going in Kindergartin so it's a special day even for us. Now I can annoy the school taking pics of BOTH boys together!! HA HA...
Tonsie~AND
Missp~ I want to give it up to you guys for being teachers and God Bless you and all the people you are in charge of and have to please. I'm sure you have your hands tied on alot of issues but I wanted to be a teacher so I really admire what
you do. Well, I do have some experience of sorts. I teach Sunday school every week and I plan all week long (because I need to learn everything perfectly first) and I love to make teaching fun not just for me but for those kids. I want them leaving knowing so much more then when they came in. And they sure have LOTS of interesting and deep questions. I am so wiped out by the time we get home on Sundays. I do some other things on Sunday too so this old brain has a good work out :read:
You MUST visit this site daily for your encouragement and ....Well you know, a healthy dose of Rob to energize

Jazz Girl~ Before I say anything else...WOW!!! THAT IS ONE SMOKIN HOT PICTURE OF THE ROBSTER :swoon: I am sure we have the gift of reading minds because the first thing I zero'd in on was his upper arm (trying to breath and type at the same time). That is one part of the bod that really melts my butter (GULP) Okay, you can stay in your corner and ..do what you need to do while me, I'm hiding behind the door in my dark walk-in closet. No one will ever find me :confused: Cand you just totally dig on that beautiful blue shirt (the way it's just a bit unbuttoned) Blue is the best color on me too so I'm sure he and I could share (I'm in bizzarworld again) YOU DONE GOOD GIRL

Had to leave to pick up Grandson from football practice- I'll get this done tonight ,I'll get this done tonight (Mantra)
Also went for our 3 mile walk---WHEW!!! Back to finish :clap:

Older_Twilight_Fan~ Love your name LOL! I feel older then most around here so I'll hitch on what your name stands for. Congrats on your 25th reunion and glad you had a great time. Next year I have my 35th coming up. I grew up in Orange County so I doubt if I'd recognize anyone. There all probably nipped,tucked,filled and lifted. Well, We'll see what to do next year. I'm encouraged by you going.

Marielle~ You're forgiven :lol: I forgot you live on the other side of my map so you had all legal rights to give the birthday wish first LOL! I think I'm gonna get a map and put where everyone is just for fun. You are a sweetheart and thanks for letting me kid you like that. I'm hardly a serious person. LUV 2 LAFF!!!
Also, hope your ankle heals quickly. !!!!

Susie~~ (Whispering) Joyce wants to wish Susie a a-hem! speedy recovery. P.S. This is only on a need to know basis..Gin & Tonic was my speciality back in the day & usually what I order if I do have "spirits" with a restaurant meal. The trick is to add an extra lime wedge...YUMMY ( Done whispering)

TammyAZ~~ Thank you for giving me an image for a perfect material design. (Yummy Pic) I'm going to make new couch covers since mine look ...well, like we have a family and grand kids. I know i can't really get a fabric like that but I can dream cant I ? :sleep: I'll name that picture my " I needed it" picture WHEW!!! and just say "it's one of those days and " I needed it" NICE JOB TammyAZ :-)

A Hello and Good night to those I missed. One of these days I'll get to everyone . Hmm, something to work on :write: Until I visit the HH Haaaave A Good One

Banner by Tammy AZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey girls,

Just a quick post today... I have been away this morning to help out a collleague with some data gathering at a factory, so i had no time to check in early...

Thanks for all the well wishes... I'm not sure if I need them as much as I hope somebody would find a cure for being completely uncoordinated and clumpsy...
The damage to my ankle was limited but I'm not sure if I can play tomorrow... i hope that it will feel better tomorrow... at least I can walk very normally...

Joyce, yes I do live at the other end of the world... when you posted your last post I was already starting work on Tuesday...Men always need our attention, mine is just like that, he keeps talking to me while I'm completely focussed on my computer and than he blames me for not listening to him...

Susie, the snap in my neck was actually a good thing because it relaxed the muscles and relieved me from my constant headache... it was what the physio had been trying to do for 3 weeks now...
No problems getting to work, I can walk very easily without hurting it much and I can drive the car...I just hope after a whole morning of standing and walking it won't swell that much...
Me? Loving Chocolate? who told you that?........ I don't love chocolate... I'm obsessed with it...!!! :twisted:

Tracy & Caryn, I'm so hoping and praying with you that Rob is on that soundtrack... I'm sure that will be the last name to be published... I just can't see it all ending with out a song serenade by Edward...

Well, I got to run...
See you all tomorrow...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey ladies!

Still not much going on with me… I started studying again for an exam that I have next Monday…

I see I missed Amy’s birthday. Shame on me!
Happy Birthday, Amy!
I couldn't decide which of these beauties to give you, so I gave you both. You don't mind, do you? ;)

Caryn: I’m honestly trying not to stress too much about the program, but it’s so damn frustrating. Whenever I think I have it figured out, some other little rule shows up that throws it all out the window. Anyway, I’m not stressing about it, I’m not stressing about it, I’m not stressing about it… Maybe I need a bit of Robcrack to calm me down… Your post from yesterday should work. :swoon: 100% agreed on the blue shirt and black slacks. Those pics should be Exhibit A for anyone who still doubts the body double story. The way that shirt stretches over his back/shoulders (if you make the effort to tear your eyes away from that other body part that’s front and centre in that pic... uhum...) and the elbow/bicep/forearm flashing… Sheesh, he’s in good shape there. :swoon: Is there still room for me on the other side of the edge?
May I ask what kind of racing your son does? Is it something like motocross or am I way off now (that was the first thing I thought of). Congrats on him taking second place! O, I just read your next post and you said runners and walkers, so I must be way off, :lol:
I saw what happened at the State Fair! I agree that it was really inspiring to see all those people helping out immediately. I’m glad to hear you and your friends are okay.

Aww, Marielle, I’m so sorry you hurt yourself like that. You just can’t seem to catch a break, can you? I’m glad your ankle doesn’t seem to be really bad. I hope it heals fast.
I know I shouldn’t complain about school compared to other countries, but they are making it so damn frustrating at the moment… As soon as you deviate from the basic, spelled out program just the tiniest bit, everything starts working against you. Anyway, I’m sure things will work out eventually…

Tracy: I’m glad you had such a good time at your high school reunion. Thanks for wishing me good luck with school. I’m sure I will figure it out… eventually…

Raine: Good luck with the move! Sorry about your Eclipse poster. I would be upset too. Actually, I still have an Eclipse poster safely stored away for when the renovation is over in my room at my parents place, hihi.

Susie: Look at you with your own Administrative Assistant! Could I borrow her for an hour or two? Didn’t think so… Oh well… :lol:
I wondered that too about the cover of EW. I just can’t seem to come up with a good explanation. The Lex and Robsessed just had an article up about it. Jack Morrissey, BC’s partner, tweeted that it was a rehearsal shot and that’s why they didn’t have the lenses in. So I thought that the expressions were maybe related to something behind the scenes. However, Jack also tweeted that they were in character and there is some drama between them… I wonder what that’s supposed to be…
About my master; I know I shouldn’t really complain about the school system here compared to other countries. They’re just making it very complicated at the moment. I will actually talk to my study advisor about it all soon. I will figure it out! Eventually…
Thanks for the lovely words about my mom (and me). That’s a good idea to tell her about the pregnancy. The summary sounds great if the other ladies won’t mind. I’m actually looking through the boards and the HH for bits that she can read. I’m thinking about also letting her read the posting regulations and site philosophy. That convinced me to register here and it’s what sets the Lex apart from all the other forums out there. Hmm, it’s starting to sound like I’m giving a presentation for a school assignment, hihi.

Ann Marie: I’m so glad you are doing better and that you found so much support here on the Lex! I don’t know what you’ve been through and you don’t have to tell me, but I know panic attacks can be pretty nasty things and really difficult to get rid of. Hang in there! You’ll see that with time they’ll come less and less frequent. :hug:

Tammy: Gorgeous wallpaper! :clap:

Tonise: Glad to hear your first day of school/work went well! I don’t know how you did it though with the way you were feeling. Kudos to you! I hope you’re feeling better today. I love that you told your new class about the Lex on the first day, hihi. I hope you have a terrific year with them.

Christina: I’m glad your kitty is doing better! She looks really cute. Actually, I haven’t told my mom about the HHcon yet. I figure I have to tell her a bit more about the Lex and the HH before I start mentioning flying to the other side of the world to meet you. What started the whole conversation with Susie was that I had quite a "loaded" conversation with my mom recently about this all. She was concerned about the amount of time I spent online looking at Twilight related stuff. She said she was afraid of loosing me to some sort of cult. I was shocked that she felt that way, so I’m thinking of ways to ease her into all this. I think it’s just a fear of not knowing what goes on her on the Lex. I tried to convince her to watch the movie or read the book, but she won’t listen as soon as I say vampire. Anyway…

Joyce: Congratulations on your daughter’s birthday! Great megapost! I love how you’re so dedicated to your grandchildren with taking pictures of their first day at school. :D

Desiree, Jaclyn and everyone else :wave:
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hello, my sisters. It's been a busy Tuesday as I had to go out and about delivering things today. So, I'm finally getting to actually sit in front of my computer and handle a few things.

Tammy~ Ummm... *stares at Tammy's pretty* Wait, what was I... *wipes drool* Oh, yeah... you know you don't have to make up for RL interuptions with us. But, if that's how you make up for it, you just feel free, sweetie!

Tonise~ Good on you, girl, soldiering through like that! I'm sure your kids were very glad to have you there. But, I'm glad you got to feeling better. It's funny when that happens. You wake up feeling like you've been hit by a truck and if you can just force yourself out of bed and moving, miraculously, your healed.

Susie~ I felt the exact same way about the way they conducted the interview. Reading passages of the book was a great way to bring the two together and show the novel due respect. Rob&Kris were just too adorable, telling each other, "oh shush!" :lol: We actually didn't plan to do shopping the night before, but my OCD took over and I felt woefully unprepared because we didn't get a list for Biggun. They just kept saying, well each teacher will give the student a list of what they need for each class. I couldn't handle it, especially knowing that we would have no time to go at all this week. So, I decided to go and get the basics that he'd need no matter what, and we can supplement from there. Yes, you're probably right. It's the reason I could never have an assistant, no matter what I was doing. Feel free to join us. There's plenty of room on this ledge. Rob's been knocking us over it for years!

Christina~ YAY! I'm so glad your furbaby is feeling better. She's one fatcat! :lol: And so pretty. Yes, I'm with you. I'm still doing that almost 6 weeks in from our transition. Like any other program, it's just a matter of playing with it. I keep finding new features that make me soooo happy. I make a lot of sign in sheets and attendance lists, but the registration program we use only asks for name (not first and last separately). Well, I like to organize my lists alphabetically, so I used to manually split the column into two and retype all the names. There's a funciton for that now!! I was so geeked-out happy about that I was literally clapping my hands.

Desiree~ I think you get the button for fastest drive-by ever!

Joyce~ Join us on the ledge, sweetie!

Marielle~ I'm completely with you. The BD soundtrack without Rob would just be wrong. Especially since we KNOW that he recorded at least the piano piece for Ness' lullaby.

Suzan~ I love the way you think about birthday gifts. And you covered all your bases, too; suitedRobPacker and HoboliciousRobler. Well done, indeed! I know!!! When that pic of him in the boat surfaced, I literally spent hours just staring and thinking, "check out that back!!!!" He's just YOWZA!!!! Of course. Like I said, they keep having to expand this ledge because Rob keeps knocking so many of us over it. :lol: Yes, it was a 5K footrace. A lot of charities and nonprofits here in the states use them as a fundraiser. Since Biggun runs for school, he decided to run in the race as well.

Alright, my darlins. Must be getting back to productive work.

*hugs*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I'm camping this week so I will be popping in the Lex periodically.
I would like to thank you wonderful ladies for all your birthday wishes and for my gifts...:-). I made one of them my new wallpaper on my crackberry. Hubs saw it last night and he was like "what's that on your phone?". I told him it was a gift from the halfway house.

Caryn - that was so scary to read about the fair. You woudnt think going to see a concert that tragedy would happen. It was a blessing to know so many volunteers were there to help out those in need.

Marielle - happy to know that your neck feels better but sorry that you hurt your ankle. Poor thing. You don't get a break do you.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies~

I've found that with our new school schedules (with my daughter in middle school), I may have a bit of time to make a quick post when she gets off her school bus, and before my son gets off his school bus about 40 minutes later. Hopefully that will keep me from getting so far behind.

I know we've seen this before, but it's too adorkable not to post again....Busta move, Rob :D

Amy~ We're glad you had a happy birthday. And we all reap the benefits of other's birthdays around the Halfway House, as we get to peruse the gorgeous gifts posted for the birthday girl. Hope you guys have a great time camping!

Caryn~ I'm glad things were a little more settled for you and you had a chance to make your regular megapost. I'd meant to tell you that yes, of course I was all about Rob's lovely muscled forearms in the gem you posted. There's just something about any man, but especially Rob, wearing slacks with a button-down, and the sleeves rolled up.... :swoon: And for me....it's also Rob's narrow waist and slightly broader shoulders, almost like a swimmer's or runner's body. And in the other picture....what gets me is the gorgeous outline of his toned back in that sheer material, and of course the way it tapers down to his delicious waist and the taut curve of his as.........PG-13, PG-13, PG-13 :o

Sorry.....now where was I?? :confused:

Suzan~ Good for you--being so organized and studying for your exam ahead of time. I loved your description of Rob's physique in the lovely blue shirt and dark slacks....and as Caryn said....we're going to need a bigger ledge! :D

Marielle~ The only cure I can think of for your description of being uncoordinated and clumsy would be to become a vampire....look what it did for Bella! Any chance of that happening? :D I'm glad to hear your ankle is feeling a little better, but don't try to overdo it by playing tennis too quickly. You could still use the ice after work to help with the swelling and discomfort.

Susie~ Congrats on purchasing the EW--I hope to get mine tomorrow night before (or after) a meeting and choir at church. When does your choir resume after summer break? Happy early Birthday to DaughterDear--will she be twenty-two years young? If you do happen to find your maid, could you send her my way? I'm hoping to see The Help this weekend with a couple of coworkers who've also read the book. When will you have a chance to see the movie? As far as our high school reunion--most of the class members have "held up" surprisingly well, the ladies more so than the men. We do have some guys who look a bit older, heavier, etc, and quite a few that are losing more hair than I remember noticing at previous reunions.

Joyce~ Men do seem to want our undivided attention when we're busy with something else :roll: ....that's why it's usually easier for me to post coherently after hubs is in bed (on weeknights), or before he gets home from work. Love the idea that you and your sister would celebrate with champagne when your kids returned to school. I'd like to do the same, but my coworkers probably wouldn't appreciate that. :) I did enjoy my 25th reunion, and hopefully you might enjoy your 35th as well. You might discuss it with Susie--she just had her 35th reunion and seemed to have a nice time as well.

Missp~ So sorry you experienced all those flu-like symptoms on your first day, but I've glad you were able to suffer through. Hope you slept well last night and felt better today. I'm glad you're so excited about your students, as always, and I hope they know how lucky they are to have you.

Tammy~ Lovely Bel Ami banner hon--thanks for sharing that with us. I can't remember if you've ever made a banner with all the lovely shots of Robward wearing the aforementioned blue sheer shirt and dark slacks....the pictures from the Brazil pre-wedding night scenes? Now that would be a sight to behold. 8-)

Christina~ We're so glad to hear your sweet kitty is gradually recovering. She's a cutie--and she's good size. One of the cats we had when I was growing up was eighteen pounds, and most of it was definitely not muscle. :lol: That's great that the transition to the new computer system went more smoothly than you anticipated. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the DH Part 2 soundtrack--I had a feeling we enjoyed several of the same songs, and I really think I'll enjoy listening to it in the years to come. I also liked how they wove bits of Hedwig's theme throughout the rest of the movie. I really think the score has the best chance to receive an Oscar nomination of anything from Deathly Hallows, although I'll keep dreaming that Alan Rickman will somehow be nominated for Best Supporting Actor. I'm sorry your 10th high school reunion wasn't what you'd hoped it would be. You really came from a large graduating class!
Banner by TammyAZ
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Hello again girls!

I told you all I would explain why I've not been checking in so here goes....

The kids got back from AZ so I've been trying to catch up with them as much as I can before school starts here. I think I mentioned in a post a while back that hubs lost his job. Well a couple of days before he was let go he injured his back. Workers Comp. is paying for everything (thank goodness!!) but we found out after all the tests were done that he has degenerative disk disease and he will most likely end up having to have surgery. He had back surgery once about 15 years ago, and if that one was any indication, he will be out of commission for a while. Soooo that leaves it to me once again to be the primary bread winner for the family. Not that I mind doing it, but I remember the pressure and stress from the last time this happened and it wasn't pleasant. The neurosurgeon is going to try steroid injections in his back first, but they didn't work last time, so I'm not holding out much hope this time around.

I did find a job working with a very good friend of mine at a pizza place, and there is a good possibility for me to work into management which would pay well, but I can't help feeling a bit down about it 'cause I told myself I'd never get back into fast food management after 15 years of putting up with it at Taco Johns. Ahhhh well... what can ya do? Gotta take what you can get at this point I guess huh?

Needless to say, I've just been stressing out and not socializing much with anyone, and I'm sorry for that!!

I'm glad you all like the Bel Ami wallpaper and I just finished this little gem today :)

Tracy~ I did do one a while back....it does have both Rob and Kris but it also has the lovely blue shirt :)

I need to get going and start dinner....I'll do my best to not be such a stranger!!!

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your support ladies!!!

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Ladies! I have felt much better today! I am still extremely tired... always come home exhausted for at least the first couple of weeks! By Friday, I'm sure I'll be barely coherent! :lol: I just wanted to drop in for a second and say hello tonight. I went to bed last night at 10:30 and slept like a log! I'm thinking I'll do the same tonight! Have a wondermously fabulous hump day! See Y'all tomorrow!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I'm trying to do these posts from memory, but my memory is on sleep mode.
Dazzel21- so sorry about your Eclipse poster. Its always depressing when something bad happens to our Robcrack. Hubs threw away my People magazine with Rob vs. Taylor on the cover because it had a tear in it. At least you still have your poster.
Velvet409-your cat is adorable and glad your fur-baby is on the mend.
Desiree-i couldn't help but laugh that your daughter is afraid of ActionRob. Now that is a story you can tell her when she gets older.
Tonsie- 5 hours of sleep is not a good thing. I'm always a crab if I don't get enough sleep. How awesome that was praying for each of your students.

I will pop back in maybe later tonight, but definantly tomorrow.

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Susie here - on behalf of my Personal Assistant, who has the night off.

Sorry I couldn't get to a MegaPost today - we had a thunderstorm this evening and had to unplug. I had to cook dinner and then Sonny needed my laptop to post circus pics on facebook. Now it's definitely time for bed.

Yipee! Today I finally finished my online assignment that was due LAST Thursday. Now I have to work on what is due THIS Thursday, but I already know it won't get done until Friday. It's just a very busy time for us at the Susie household which makes it difficult to get all this extra work done:
  • Sonny's BDay- check. Sonny's Volunteer requirement - check. 20 Circus shows - check. Sonny's internship - almost check. Daughter Dear's BDay - check (tomorrow). Finish online course - in process of checking. Get ready for vacation - almost check. Do all the various things to get Sonny ready for college - not at all checked.
Yes. Tomorrow Daughter Dear will be 21! The two of us are planning to get a mani for her and a pedi for me then a quick lunch and then we will see The Help - I gave her the book for her birthday last year and I then read it after my knee surgery. In the evening she will go out with friends to a gourmet pizza place and have her first legal drink in this country. She doesn't really like alcohol, but will have a glass of wine anyway. As I do every year, I will make her birthday cake. It will probably be made later in the day like Sonny's - I'm sure I'll be behind schedule again. Her friends will come back to our house for cake.

I'll check in tomorrow for Hump Day, but I don't know if I will have time for my usual mega post. Don't worry, though. You know I won't forget you!

Nighty Night!