Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by marielle »

Jaclyn I honestly love the picture of the table piece, it looks nice and simple. always go with simple...
I found this for you, it might give you an idea...
I'm really an Orchid type of girl, I would always go with different colored orchids but I know they are really expensive...

this is also really pretty.

don't go for unnatural blue looking flowers that is really not pretty and some of the flowers if they used a ink while growing they will transfer the color, you might en up with blue stripes on your dress...
if you are worried about costs, you can always go for one or two really large pieces and the rest really simple and small...

and last, why not go for a whole whit piece with blue decorations, like blue ribbons or blue gell beads in a glass that hold the flowers...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y’all! I’m home from early service and a LIFE teacher meeting waiting on the Hospitality Team meeting to start around 2:45 this afternoon. EPIC was awesome this morning! So many great things said in the message, but the biggest thing I got from it this morning was that when God gets ahold of your life, people should see radical changes! I have been a Christian since I was 12 years old, but I never really felt the change that I’ve felt in the past year since making EPIC my church home. I am truly the happiest and most at peace I’ve ever been! It’s amazing! Anyhoo… I am going to the thrift store after the meeting to look for an “Ugly” sweater because at our Group Link on Wednesday night, we are having an ugly sweater contest. The theme for this quarter is “Baby, It’s cold outside!” and we’re decorating with quilts and winter gear and serving hot chocolate and sweet with savory snacks. From what I’ve heard so far, the ugly sweater contest is going to be hilarious! Maybe I can find the time to snap some pics and post them on FB for Y’all to see! I have decided to force myself to stay off the social networks on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. I will be so busy on those nights, and when I get on the computer later… I tend to stay up way too late and get far less sleep than I need. Plus, those will be the perfect nights to continue studying the classes I am doing so I can stay caught up and ahead.

Y’all give me your opinion on something. My LifeGroup that will be meeting at my house on Tuesday nights will be relatively small… 10-12 people. We will meet at 6:30 p.m. for dinner and then study from 7-8ish. This is my idea… Rather than everybody bringing a dish to serve to the whole group and having a big mess of food and stuff to clean up after every week, I’m thinking about declaring it TAKE OUT TUESDAY where everybody goes through their favorite drive-thru and “brown bags” it for dinner. I guess it could be called BYOD…Bring Your Own Dinner. How would Y’all feel about something like that if it were you? Or, is it better to just stick with the traditional weekly potluck?

Ok… onto the posts:
LYNNE~~ I grew up in a small church… tiny, really. Daddy and Mama still go every week, and the members are now less than 20. It’s quite a different atmosphere than the big churches a lot of people are used to now days. The benefit singing was GREAT! The parking lot was completely full of cars and people ran out of seats! I didn’t sing at this one. They had several gospel groups come in and do the singing. We all had our family singing back the first of January where we raised the roof with several goodies! Do you know any of the Southern Gospel stuff? That’s the kind of gospel music I was raised on… old hymns, blue grass, etc. Hmmm… your slice sounds a lot like our brownies or even maybe fudge.
JACLYN~~ Awwww!! BabyE time sounds like a blast! I remember when my little MG was that size! She was soooo much fun! But, they grow up so fast! MG is now 8 years old and into so much grownie stuff! She’s such a little ray of sunshine! Ok… BREATHE in and BREATHE out! Don’t stress yourself over the flowers so much. Honestly, I think the white gerbera would be absolutely gorgeous, and you could actually bring in some blue stones or pebbles or something for an accent color if you wanted. That would be a great money saving option. I don’t think it would be boring at all. And… I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Blue Sea Holly! They will look amazing with the white gerbera! LOL! I hope the adult beverage mellowed you out a bit! How did the cake finalizing go?
SEAN~~ I made some angel hair pasta with grilled chicken and red rosa sauce last night for dinner. It was SCRUMPTIOUS. I’m going to go and get some shrimp to do with the leftovers tonight. Flattening your chicken breasts will tenderize them and make them cook much faster. What kind of breading or batter do you use on your fried chicken?
KRISTINA~~ I hope the germies from your nephews didn’t rub off on you and you escape the sickies! Hmmm… I see your parents are moving to Florida. Do you think they could adopt me? LOL!
MARIELLE~~ I am so glad your hip is feeling better! Don’t over-do it while playing tennis. Wow! You racked up at the book fair! Yes…when you learn how to listen to your body better, please give me some pointers. I’m usually totally sick and in the bed before I truly listen! Sundays are my favorite days! After church, I usually spend the rest of the day doing exactly what I want whether it be going to a movie, shopping, or just curling up at home with fan fic or whatever. It’s all about R&R! Wow! I didn’t even think of orchids for Jaclyn, but that is gorgeous! I had the same thought about the blue beads or stones.
ALL YOU OTHER SISTERS~~ I guess you’re all busy, busy, busy!! Have a great Sunday afternoon! I’ll check back in tonight.

Gotta run check some Fish and Mingle messages! (((HUGS!!)))
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, Little Man starts Prep today! Here's a photo of him for those of you who aren't on Facebook.

marielle - that book fair sounds fun. A charity organisation here has a second hand bookfest that is run a few weekends a year. We love going and picking up cheap books!

Jaclyn - Yes, those wedding fair things are often not that great, I remember that from when I was getting married! If you like the idea you have for the flowers then go with that. I originally wanted a certain colour flower for my bridal bouquet but was talked out of it, and I still regret that I didn't insist on what I wanted. I like those table pieces. I also like the ones marielle put up. They look very nice.
I tried to get an agent. I sent out about twenty emails to see if I could find one. When dealing with publishers in another country it's often best to have an agent. I didn't try any publishers directly as my friend came along about that time, not to mention that a lot will simply offer you what's called a "vanity" agreement first (which is pretty much self publishing under another name) rather than offer you a proper contract. There are also heaps out there who rip you off, so it does get difficult.

Tonise - yes, the slice would be something like brownies. I much prefer small churches to big ones. I think it's too easy to get lost in a big church. The takeaway thing might work. Either that, or put a roster together and just have a couple of people on each week, to save everyone having to bring something. The downside of that is that they have to remember when they're on.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey again folks!

Marielle - Thanks for those pictures! The flowers in the first one are really unusual - do you know what they are called? Are they orchids? Such a beautiful colour shade! I think the flowers in the second are maybe the flowers the florist was trying to tell us about earlier. I think I prefer calla lillies on their own (for a bouquet). I agree with you - I really like simple things. But it's still very hard to think what I want, since I feel that everyone is going to be looking &talking about them..
We are actually having blue chair sashes - so hopefully that will give us some colour. I'm just worried that white only flowers will be boring! LOL.

Tonise - I am glad that you are really loving Epic as a new Church for yourself! You really do seem very happy with it! Yes, please defo post some pics of the ugly sweater competition - that sounds like it will be a good old laugh!!
I would love the idea of "bring your own dinner" but then again, I really like take out food LOL. You should just run it by your group and see what they think. If a lot of people don't want to do it, then I guess you should just stick to the regular pot-luck, but I'm sure that people will love a change from the normal system of doing things. Let us know how it turns out!
Yes, my bf & I were just dicussing how kids grow up so fast - and were just watching some old videos of BabyE from when she was a baby - it's almost hard to remember her being so small (and with no hair LOL!). She is completely adorable. She is going to be one of our flowergirls at our wedding - today we asked her for the first time if she would like to come. She was very happy - espeically when we told her she would have some "pretty flowers" to hold, get to dance, and to say "cheese!" and get lots of pictures taken. Aww!!!
Thank you for the words on the flowers. I know I shouldn't think about it so much, but sometimes I can't help myself! I know it will work out ok in the end, but it's just getting to that part ;) We didn't actually get to finalise the cake - the people asked us to make an appointment & go into their shop and do it... So hopefully we will be doing that in 2 weeks time!
The adult bevarge is very nice ;) We had a bottle of wine with dinner (it's actually just a really cheap brand but tastes really nice! So we get that quite often now - a sparkling rose :) ) and I am now having a bottle of cider - classy ;) LOL!

Lynne - Awww! LittleMan is gorgeous! He looks so happy to be starting school - is he nervous? I love his hat!
What colour did you origianlly want for your flowers? Sorry you got talked out of it!
Ah, I guess there is a lot of stuff about publishing I have no idea about! I really hope it works out ok for you. If you don't get it published with your boss, do you think you will try to do it yourself?

Well, I think I am going to read for a wee while before bed. It's a real actual book - wow! LOL. Actually to be fair, it is the published version of a Twilight fanfic, but still! A real book ;) LOL.

Goodnight folks!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. My family and I went to Phils BBQ today and spending the rest of the day just with each other playing games and putting together puzzles since that is what my kids love to do. Sundays are our only day as a family since hubs only days off or SUnday and MOnday and the kiddos go to school on Sunday.

Jaclyn ~ I like simple things too! I really like the 2nd picture Marielle posted.

Lynne~ I can't remember how old your son is but you mentioned Prep, is that for kids who would be entering kindergarten at 4 so they don't have to go to kindergarten they can attend a preK class and the following year they can go to Kindergarten? Just curious I live in California that has the cut off date as of Dec 1. Making it the only state that pushes it back the farthest. One thing Arnold did right was approving this to change since most teachers protest it was hard on kids to try to start K at the age of 4 which is what would've happen to my son this year. The only city that offers Pepp is the next over which will be their last year since the cut off date is changing to Sept 1 that he will be attending .

Sorry I couldn't respond to everyone . The kids are screaming for me to back to the puzzle.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Jaclyn: Sorry, but I can't give you wedding planning advice :( I haven't filled out the application yet--one good thing is that it's less intensive than the normal job ones, and it has some fairly random questions, too, such as "may we celebrate your birthday?" Never got that one before.

Everyone: Not having the best of time with listening to stuff on my laptop, because my earphone's just died. I'm hoping that my father can either rewire them or I can get a cheap pair soon.

I don't know exactly what I'd like to do tonight, but I'll probably be reading and watching TV, depending on my mood or how bored I am.

At least I have all kinds of new stuff to try as far as food this week, notably some pasta stuff and I have two things of pork chops and plenty of chicken and pizza stuff.

It'll start raining soon, but at least it'll be warm tonight. So I'll at least be happy about that.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Sean ~ Pork chops or chicken sound yummy to my. Speaking of dinner......

Lets see, I am making a halibut dinner. First time ever cooking fish. For all of you who don't know I was a horrible cook who could burn everything including toast. You would think since I burned everything and it tasted like crud I would be in the skinny department not! I guess you could say I got use to it. :lol: Anyways recently these last few years I have been trying to get better since my kids no longer eat baby jar food and I wanted to make dinner for my kids instead of eating process food all the time. 2 days ago I made Shepard's pie and it turned out great so tonight it is halibut with some kinda sauce. Will post later of how it turned out.
Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Sunday everyone. I wasn’t sure that I was going to be able to Lex today. I was throwing a pity party for myself. I was reading a real good fanfic and I wasn’t paying attention to what number chapter I was on. All of a sudden I was out of chapters right in the middle of the fic. Turns out the last update was in 2010. Oh well… Whatever bug that is going around I think I caught it. My throat and ears hurt and I got that stupid cough. Hubs has been working 16 hour shifts at work this whole weekend and even tomorrow so holding down my house has been hard.

On with the show…

Brenda – Long time no see. How are you doing?

Marielle – Lemon and water on an acidic stomach.. OUCH!! I do love those bands you posted. I just downloaded a song by Within Temptation – Ice Queen. One of my favorite songs.

Songbird– You sure did get your surgery appointment pretty quick. I tried, unsuccessfully to not laugh at your luck with your hospital visit last week. You have to admit now that it is over with, it was kind of funny. That was real gross that you stepped in dog/cat mess. *barf*

Susie - “The power of Christ compels your computer.” Glad that your computer is fixed.

Caryn - Watching Edward and Nessie play the piano could put a tear in anyone’s eye. I did cry on Breaking Dawn when Edward was touching Bella’s belly and saying that the baby loved her. Yay on your new Chucks, and thanks for the link so we can vote for Cosmopolis.

Suzan – Welcome Home! Thank you for your love of BuzzRob. I love that pic of him holding that trophy. Good Gods to be reincarnated into that trophy he is holding…I mean…those fingers… Anyways. First: sorry about your grade. Second: Sorry that your holiday was so Jerry Springerish. And third: I think the few HH members who are not going to HH Con are going to skype. Can you?

Lynne – My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your uncle.

Sean - I really hope you get the volunteer job at the library. When will you know if you application was accepted?

Tonsie - Wow!! What a mega post. I have done a Max Lucado study before. You will love it. It was such a wonderful experience.

Kristener - NSYNC...*shakes head* I was a fan too!!

Jaclyn - Sorry that your wedding fair was a bust. I really do hope that you find the right flowers.

Well I gotta go and fix dinners for my boys. And because I missed Friday...
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Amy - :rotfl:
We had another exorcism here at home and now the laptop works perfectly - facebook and all! Weird.

Actually, all we did was boot it up again!

This girl is exhausted from doing way too much on a bad knee!! Oh well, gotta get things done to prepare for my convalescence. By doing too much, I mean that I worked for a half an hour and then sat down for a half an hour and worked for a half an hour and rested for fifteen minutes...yada yada yada. This is what I got accomplished:

1) Undecorated the house from Christmas. Took down our real tree, which was crispy (hey - I'm way ahead of last year when I took it down just before Valentine's Day!)

2) Changed the sheets on Daughter Dear's bed (putting flannel sheets on because it's winter) because I'm going to sleep there after my surgery for the first few nights since her bedroom is on the main level and mine is upstairs.

3) Did laundry so that I won't have to worry about that - stairs again. And yes, I have a husband, but I have ownership of that laundry sometimes!!

Sorry for the Minutia! It doesn't sound like much, but it is for this sad case of a girl.
Two more days of teaching - I think I can make it!

Again, I will have to leave my megamegamega post for tomorrow (hopefully)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

HUGS!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, I took Little Man to prep for his first day. We walked, as it is just up the road a bit from where we lived. On the way I met another mother with her prep girl. We smiled and said hello, and she said, "Which prep class is your son in? We're in Red One."
I frowned. "I don't know. Nobody's told me which class."
"Didn't you get a letter?"
"No."
At this stage I'm starting to get a little bit stressed. Little Man was enrolled early, and I have been ritualistic in getting everything ready for school.
When we got to the first classroom I followed the instructions about where to put Little Man's things and went inside. I was also carrying a heavy backpack with the rest of his school stuff, which stays in the classroom and is for the use of everyone. Then I looked for a name tag for Little Man.
No name tag.
Stress levels pick up a little bit more. I went in and two teachers were there. "Do you have my son on your class list?" I asked. They both shake their heads.
"Maybe he's in Mr Herson's class," they say.
So I leave that classroom, and go to the one they pointed out, praying that Little Man is in that class!
I look at the name tags laid out for the class, and there, at last, is his name! Whew!
But by then, I was stressed out of my tree, and there were parents everywhere, all looking for places to put their child's things and to sit their child. The teacher got no more than a grumpy "hello" from me, I'm afraid! I put all his stuff where it was supposed to go and then found Little Man a chair at a table where some puzzles had been laid out for the kids. We did a puzzle together (It was actually quite a hard one!)as parents continued to come in, some with crying children, and plenty with heaps of noise.
"Get me out of here!" I thought to myself, hoping my attitude didn't show to Little Man.
He looked up at me. "I'm okay now, mummy," he said. "You can go."
So much for tears! Oh well, it's better that way!

Jaclyn - originally I wanted dark red roses in my bouquet, to contrast my cream coloured gown. My bridesmaids were wearing burgundy, so I wanted them to have white or cream coloured roses in their bouquet, but everyone said it would detract from the dresses. Now, whenever I see a photo of someone in a wedding dress with a red bouquet, I get wedding envy! So, if you really want something, do it, and don't listen to what they say. It's your wedding.

Desiree - Prep is the first year of school here. It goes: Prep, grade 1, grade 2, etc. Prep is a recent introduction from schools in other states. We didn't have Prep when I was in school. It does vary between schools what they actually teach in Prep, so I'm not sure how indepth it will be. The cut off date for kids here is on June 30, which I think is ridiculous. Little Man's birthday is in July, so he will be one of the oldest in his class. He is also very bright, so I'm hoping that whatever they are doing in Prep will keep him interested.

Sean - Hm, "may we celebrate your birthday?" That's an interesting question! At least it makes them sound friendly!

Amy - sorry to hear you're coming down with something, and that's a pain about that fanfic!

Susie - glad to hear that the computer has been resuscitated!