Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Tornado »

Kristina - sorry to hear about your fridge. Hopefully it will be sorted out sooner rather than later. That storm does sound nasty. I'm glad the damage wasn't worse for you!

My book is a YA novel called The Heir. This is what I wrote about it in one of my query letters:

Sarah hates attending high school, where she is ignored by most of the other students. Her life is only made tolerable by the presence of Daniel Bradfield, the boy she worships from afar. Daniel is the big man on campus, the sole heir to his father's multinational computer company. Sarah is sure he doesn't know she exists.
When a tragedy brings them together they begin to fall in love. However, Sarah can't shake the feeling that there is something strange about Daniel, as he constantly hovers protectively around her. What is he protecting her from?

That should give you some idea. It is a fantasy/romance.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all! No mega post from me tonight. I am beat! I'll catch up tomorrow night. One comment ...

TRACY~~ Of course you can wait a couple more weeks! Please don't stress hubs because he might pitch a bit of a fit about you coming to Chicago this summer. :lol: Give him until the end of the month to settle things down a bit, cook him his favorite dinner, and then hit him up! ;)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

And we start the morning off good!!!
Happy Hump day everybody!!!!

So I started this morning with a new thing to solve the stomach problems I have been dealing with… on advise of a colleague I tried to do the warm water and lemon thing in the morning. So 1 glass of warm water followed by the juices of half a lemon…but my stomach is anything but happy now…

Anyway,

Sean, ouch, it came through the sole of your shoe…it must have been quite the nail… be careful that it won’t get infected, that might be very dangerous.

Lynne, that was to expected… of course your boss has started to read now that you found out about your mistake……that’s just how the world is supposed to be…
I read what you wrote about your novel, I would love to read something that is introduced like that…I hope you’ll get it published, if not I still want to read it!!!!

Songbird, no my aunt had a fairly easy pregnancy, she just wasn’t able to walk anymore because her legs and feet hurt so much, and when they finally had some sleep she woke up so stiff from it all that she could barely move her legs…
Yep, Rob-crack early in the morning is the best to start the day with…

Susie, oh no! I’m sorry about your computer getting sick…I hope the blanket and chickensoup will do it’s wonders quickly…

Kristener, I saw the 100 monkeys at the beginning of December, here in Amsterdam…it was so cool. One of the best concerts I have seen over the last 3 years or so…I compared Jackson’s voice with that of Sean Connery, he always held the award for most sexiest voice but Jackson beat him… I can listen to his speech in Eclipse hour after hour…

HAPPY HUMP DAY

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Happy Hump Day!

marielle - Yuck, I don't like your work colleague's solution! I feel sick just thinking about it! And don't worry, if my publisher says no, I'll probably be passing my novel around to everyone!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I had a hard time sleeping yesterday, so I got up late, but early enough to see Secret War about how fashion designer Hardy Amies became a Lt. Col. in the British Army in World War II and lead to the SOE being instrumental in the Belgian resistance turning the tide against the Nazis after several non-starts. I also had some fried chicken and watched a few episodes of Secrets of World War II and Married with Children.

Marielle: I think it was a roofing nail used to fasten pallets together, so I must not have stepped on it hard. It seems to be healing well, and I can actually walk on it now, albeit with a padded bandage. So I'm OK now.

Jaclyn and Susie: I've decided to bite the bullet and ask at the library if they can take me on as a volunteer and talk to my mom's friend about asking if she has any relatives and friends about my age that I can hang out with. At least it's something.

Everyone: With the rumored black out here and elsewhere today, I don't know what I'll be up to other than desperately searching for something on TV--and the Weather Channel won't be a damned help, with their crap reality shows. So if all else fails, I'll just read in bed or sleep in. All I know is that things might suck, especially since I have a new thread that I helped start that just need for a mod to post it and me to write post #1 on it, which I don't know if that'll happen today. I guess that I'll just play some VG's, and vent my frustration out on CGI Nazis and criminals :)

I'll be back later, hopefully :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*Slams through the HH front door*

*drops bags where she stands*

*drops to her knees and kisses the floor*

I'm hooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Alright, first and most important...

Happy Hump Day!!! Good gods, there is just so much... good there, isn't there?

And, just a bit of extra because I missed you all so bloody much and I've been nostalgic since Sunday...

Happier Hump Day!!

So, I have no hope to go back and catch up on everything this morning. I'm still digging out of my email inbox. :lol: But, I wanted to let you all know that I've been trying desperately to keep up on my phone. I did see that the illustrious and infamous Ms. KSter popped in.. *feigns nonchalance* *whistles, looking around disinterested* Oh who the hell am I trying to kid!!! *tacklehugs KSter to the ground* Girl, where you been all my life!?!?!?!?!

Okay, now that that business is done, I have to get some work done, but I promise I'll be on later with a full on UltraMegaPost to get all caught up.

OH!!! Before I forget... because I promised Susie and I always keep my promises (even if a little later than intended...)

He just looks... lost in her, doesn't he?

And, just because I can't think of that night of filming without thinking of this one as well... *whimpers*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody...

I have to get something of my chest and this is the only place I feel comfortable doing...
Shortly after New Years eve I found a small bump just below by breast, just where your bra sits... at first I thought it was a pimple but it sat a bit below the skin...I forgot about it but two days ago I found that it was still there...
Of course, me being me I panicked a bit...
So I aksed my bf what he thought, he has a bit of medical education so health issues are freely discussed between us, he said I should go to the doctor because it was harder than a normal pimple...
and I freaked out even more, blood presure sky rocketed...
Today I went to the doctor... I can't tell you all how relieved I am to hear that it was a ingrown pimple and was nothing serious... I was so happy... all that freaking out for nothing...

Though the doctor was very proud of me to notice something so small, he asked me if I checked regularly, which of course I do, I'm obsessive when it comes to preventing cancer or at least catching it as early as possible, every abnormally is double checked....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Marielle~ Thank gods!! Good for you on having the attention to notice and in doing the right thing in getting it looked at.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Hump DayGiving a shout out to Charles Bewley today.

I think my house cleaning fairies died because my house is a disaster. How in the world did a giant marshmallow end up under my bathroom sink last night? My husband had to borrow $100 of my Chicago fund last week. He tells me that he will pay me back at the first of the month, so I charged him interest. I told him that it will cost him an extra $20 and he said ok. :lol:

Lynne - I really liked that Shakespear Sonnet you posted. Don't stress yourself about sending your publisher the wrong version. We all have brain fart every now and again. On the bright side, at least you didn't delete the correct version. It looks real intriguing and I cannot wait to read it.

Marielle - I HATE...HATE...it when smut dreams get interrupted. Especially by the evil alarm clock. I know when you have dreams about certain people, they are fun, but when smut happens you want it to finish. You have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry that your brother caused you to not see Bel Ami. It’s not worth killing him over...but castration on the other hand...might be worth looking into.

Sean - It is good to know that your foot is doing better. Did you ever get a tetanus shot?

Tracy - Yay..I wasn’t the only one to work on MLK Day. I was so bored at work that I read fanfiction all day. Happy thoughts to you that hubs was not against you going to HH Con. When I broke it to my husband, he thought that I was crazy and that everyone else was a serial killer.

Songbird - I don’t really have a “thing” about my feet either but when I go camping, I always wear my sandals in the shower. I have no idea how often they get clean or God knows what else in on the floor. It’s better to be safe than end up with some weird foot fungus.

Susie - I really hope your IT guy can fix your computer.

Kristener - I do a lot of camping so when I read about your fridge dying I thought this idea could help. If you own ice chests, put your necessary fridge foods in first (milk, eggs, cheese, mayo) and cover it with ice. Same with your freezer foods (hamburger meat, chicken) in too. If you keep the ice chest in your house, the ice will last a few days and still keep everything cold.

Caryn - You killed me with the pic of Rob and his shaved head. I know most of the ladies here disagree, but I think that he looks the BEST with short hair and a 5 o’clock shadow. It’s good to have you back.

I should go back to work now. Everyone have a great Wednesday.

Edit: Marielle - It was a good thing you got it checked out.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm taking Little Man to see The Muppets today ... for his sake, of course! ;) I've always loved The Muppets, and some friends have given this one the thumbs up. That's one of the good things about having young children. You've got an excuse to go and see kids' movies!

Sean - I think volunteering at the library is a great idea. They will usually take that as a good sign of commitment, and are more likely to hire a volunteer if they need someone than train someone from scratch. Yes, it can be difficult to find someone. Lord knows, it took long enough for hubby to enter my life! But doing what you can is the best way to go. My new watchword is: I'd rather regret the things I've done than the things I didn't do. I spent years not doing the things I really wanted to do because I thought I wasn't talented enough and didn't stand a chance, but how do I ever know that if I don't try?

Caryn - Ah, it's so good to see that blue writing again! This site just isn't the same without you! Yes, I love that photo of Edward and Bella in the taxi as well. The way he's looking at her ... :swoon:

marielle - good on you for going to the doctor. It can be scary to get those things checked out, but it's not going to get better if you ignore it! I'm glad it turned out to be something minor. Breast cancer runs in my family, so I am ritualistic in checking those things.

Amy - yes, it's certainly a good thing that I didn't delete the correct version! I hope I will be able to offer you all a book to read one day.