Happy Hump Day for the last HH time zone (until we get a sib from Hawaii)!
Sorry to have been MIA for so long. Not much has really been happening - took down the Christmas decorations, cleaned up my shabby-looking gardens, settling back into the school year routine. I've increased my work hours this year and I'm trying to discipline myself to stay away from the Lex and Twilight long enough to get my work done! I did run across someone recently whose first and last names reminded me of Renesmee and Bree (because I have long since been at the level where everything reminds me of Twilight).
I did not have a Blue Monday because I have been keeping my New Year's resolution! I have been walking for a half hour most every night, and I have been trying to adhere to a schedule so that I can fit everything in (including the Lex!) and still sleep. I hope I can keep it all up! I am also now the proud owner of a Facebook page (under a pseudonym - ever obsessed with keeping my professional and personal lives separate)! I have not updated at all since I opened it, but I'd like to link over to the HH FB page, to see Jaclyn's invite. As I can I will set up my page. I would love for you all to see me and my family!
Megapost! This will go back a bit. I have kept up, but I will try to keep out anything that seems irrelevent or obscure now.Amy
- My hubby boy was also very worried about my HH friends at first - REALLY worried when I first went to meet Ginnie and Christina. I think meeting Susie finally reassured him that we are all normal people with a really particular fascination! I prefer to look at Rob's hair long, and I certainly know what Susie means by liking tuggable hair, but I confess to some curiousity about rubbing that buzz cut. Buzzes are usually so oddly ... soft. Ashley
- Welcome back and hi! I'm Brenda, and I'm really glad to see so many "oldies" coming back to the HH. The more, the merrier!Caryn
- It's not the same here without you.
Can't wait to see those TooJays pics!Christina
- I missed you! The more I see your Rob-in-a-hammock picture, the fonder I get of it.
It sounds like you had a great holiday, and total props to your dad for speaking up for himself. Hope you and Ginnie had a good time with Caryn!Desiree
- As many have reassured you, we're all in complete agreement about the lack of extras on the DVD. Presumably, they're going to continue to milk this for some time to come. It makes a modicum of sense - it will be hard to show only extras related to the first movie - but it's still very disappointing. Jaclyn
- Congratulations on buying the wedding rings!
I'm excited to see your invite, it sounds lovely. I'm no good at picking out romantic prose, but there've been some good suggestions here, so I hope you find something you like. With the news that Bel Ami will be at the Glasgow Film Festival, do you think you'll try to go?Kristener
- Hi! It's so neat to see "oldies" I've never seen here come back! I'm Brenda, working-outside-the-home mother of four young 'uns in Arizona, and in my "spare" time I read a lot of fanfic and have started writing it. I'm in total agreement with you on the Twilight tv show issue. It would be too wierd, plus there's not that much uncovered territory.Lynne
- The birthday party here was fun, with nerf gun battles all over the house. The query for your book sounds really intriguing, and certainly made me curious. I will hope that the version snafu works out for the best, somehow. It's really easy to second guess yourself now, looking back at your book, so I hope you can relax until she gets back to you with an opinion. (Look at lots of Rob pics, that should be distracting!
- You are killing me with those pics!
Your hormones must be going wild! Sorry for the smut dream interruption - if I remembered my dreams that's not one I would want interrupted! Going back a bit - Google maps should be able to give you time estimates on any driving route that you pick, and the estimates are reliable, although if you are not used to driving in Canada and the US it may cost you a little time to get acclimated. If you like science jobs, why not try something entry level where you can meet people and ask them about their jobs? And back to now - good on you for checking yourself, and asking for a medical opinion so quickly.
EDIT: I see you!Raine
- Thank you for explaining Media Noche, it sounds like a great family time. And thanks for letting us know you were all safe, I had not heard where the typhoon hit and where it didn't.Sean
- I love it! Volturi: A Warning From History; They laughed, they sang, they played, they killed uncounted millions of humans without remorse. I think it's great that you're going to volunteer at the library. You cook so much, you could volunteer as a cook also ... which could end up looking pretty good on a resume.Shauni
- Hi, and welcome back! I'm Brenda, a working mom of 4 in Arizona, and I've been hanging around here for a few months now, whenever I can. Thank you so much for the Bel Ami review, it definitely sounds worth it, and that I have a US release date I am much less jealous of you!Songbird
- Taking notes is the only way I can respond considerately to people. I read on my mobile and take notes there too, sometimes for a couple of days, type up megaposts on my computer in Notepad, and cut and paste to the Post Reply page ... after losing some megaposts. It doesn't feel like cheating to me, it feels like trying to be thoughtful. And I think moving to Holland from the US without knowing Dutch is incredibly brave - bravery is in the doing! So thoughtful of you to clean house and donate to needy children all at once! They do grow up fast and slow at the same time, don't they? I hope the fluid in your ear resolves soon, I've had that problem, and it felt awful to me.Susie
- Squee for the US Bel Ami release date! The last time I had checked it had none! So happy to know we will get to see it before DVD! I am sorry to hear about you injuring your knee again, but glad that they can schedule your surgery so soon. Don't do what I always do, which is rush getting better - it always backfired on me. I will pray for you.Tonise
- Like you and Songbird
, I am fond of Jacob and Taylor as well as Edward and Rob ... but in my case, I have this natural eww factor in thinking of Taylor *that way*. Taylor is 6 years older than my son and they look quite a bit alike. Some day I'll post a pic of him on FB in cutoffs and you'll all see what I mean. I guess you can move me into the "no" column for now for HHCon. Our finances will have to turn around dramatically for me to go, which could happen, but I can't make plans til they do. I hope I will be able to commit later.
Up too late again, but all in a good cause! I'll be back sooner next time.