Heavy Metal Music

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Carmen
Settled in Forks

Re: Heavy Metal Music

Post by Carmen »

Wow, I didn't expect anyone else except me to know about Dragonforce. ;) I like them a lot and I'm going to their concert on February 10th. :D But I have to say, you're right CamberXite, they sometimes try too hard and then sound too computer-generated. That's why their first and their newest album are the best. ;)

But I love love love Avenged Sevenfold! But I don't think they're playing anywhere near me in the next few months... Switzerland is just too small...

I also like Metallica and Linkin Park, and (though I don't know a specific song, I just like the sound because my brother listens to them all the time) Disturbed and System of a Down.

Well, that's about all the metal stuff that I like... most of the time I listen to rock/alternative stuff like Muse, My Chemical Romance, Guns N' Roses, Green Day, ...

I'm sure there are other bands out there that I would like, I just haven't discovered them... the problem is, I always love the guitar stuff in metal songs (as I play the guitar myself) but I don't like that metal growl that much... I like it better when there's a proper singer and a melody. ;) But that's just my opinion.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Carmen wrote:Wow, I didn't expect anyone else except me to know about Dragonforce.
Dragonforce is on Guitar Hero now, so I expect a lot more people know about them these days. :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Edwhard
Settled in Forks

Post by Edwhard »

Anyone heard of Thrice? or Thursday? My favourite is A7X by far! Their lyrics, *swoon* Who else is in love with the intro music to Strength of the World? My other favs are Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Rammstein, Rise Against, System of a Down, Kamelot, and of course the classics Led Zeppelin and Rush. Agreed, I'd love to see Avenged Sevenfold live! I can't stand any music that gets too mainstream *shudder* pop. Here's to amazing music!! Cheers!
Carmen
Settled in Forks

Post by Carmen »

CantBreathe wrote:Dragonforce is on Guitar Hero now, so I expect a lot more people know about them these days. :D
Yeah, you're right. ;) But where I live no one even knows about guitar hero. :roll: :D
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Carmen wrote: Yeah, you're right. ;) But where I live no one even knows about guitar hero. :roll: :D
Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that, I thought Guitar Hero was all over :?
Edwhard wrote:Anyone heard of Thrice? or Thursday?
I've loved them both for a long time though I can't say I've listened to anything recent from them... I guess my taste in music has changed recently, but now you've given me the urge to pull out some old CDs.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

They're making Guitar Hero Metallica now and its meant to be coming out the start of next year sometime! :D That has to be good!
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I'm going to the Metallica concert when they come here! I've never been before so it should be interesting! Just thought that I'd share.
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
CamberXite

Post by CamberXite »

Edwhard - Gah, Led Zeppelin and Rush? I FREAKING LOVE THEM! I saw Rush live a few months ago, they were AHMAZING!

mrsedwardcullen
- You won't be disappointed, they aren't too bad live. I saw them when I wasn't a big fan, so I didn't really enjoy it, but looking back on it, they were pretty good.

I'm really hoping to see Devildriver and Killswitch Engage soon.
"Burned Beyond Recognition Is What You’ll Be When I’m Finished With You"
The tiger in the foreground has it’s teeth sunk in her throat Image
kl1028
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kl1028 »

its all about rock band now haha i love it :) and i like thrice...thursdays ok...so is a7x...never heard of dragonforce....
CamberXite

Post by CamberXite »

Rock Band is awesomeness!
I think its cool that you can load your own songs onto it now
Like Devildriver and such :D
"Burned Beyond Recognition Is What You’ll Be When I’m Finished With You"
The tiger in the foreground has it’s teeth sunk in her throat Image