Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Marielle: No, I didn't see the F1 race, but it seems that the ALMS race or NASCAR race, as stupid and gimmicky as I think that the latter was, were more entertaining. The only reason I can think of that Caryn would like it was that Tony Stewart won.

Everyone: I have to be getting ready to do something before I grab some dinner and go to sleep because I have work tomorrow, Tues, and Wed. At least I get paid this week, and on Tuesday after I get my check cashed, I think I'll be celebrating with a Little Cesar's pepperoni and pepper pizza :)

Also, Rob is mentioned on the Gucci website to go along with the Kristen Glamour outtake photos.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Okay, I know I'm violating my own rules but seriously....

Doesn't Rob looks like he is ready to do something naughty to Kris???
I bet the scenes in OTR might have given him some ideas...

Besides I'm a bit in a Rob-crack mood...

Like this

or this....Oh Swoon!!! :swoon:

or some Cullen men

Oh yeah, before I forget, what are you all thinking about the engagement rumors between Rob and Kris???
I'm not saying it's true but the rumors are growing more and more and lately many rumors are proven to be truth. Like the divorce rumors of Pfach and Depp, they turned out to be true and the engagement rumors of the Pitt's... I know we consider Kris to think if herself as too young (she is in my eyes) but there is a growing trend (especially in Europe) of the twenty something people to be old fashioned and getting married...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy Monday!
Have an hour to kill before 5pm as I have to talk to my supervisor before I can continue, but he's not in today. So I thought I'd stop by. :)

Lynne – I actually learned a lot about Dali and Surrealism in high school. I find the art quite interesting; there’s a certain kind of humor about it. But the sanity of the artists… For some reason I can’t deal with that. I find it kind of scary, like a psychological thriller or something. If there’s one thing I can’t handle, it’s psychological thrillers. I’m probably not explaining it right… I don’t know how else to say it. There’s just something about Little Ashes that repels me. It’s probably the same for fans that won’t see Cosmopolis. Some movies are just not for everyone. And we all know what a phenomenal actor Rob is, so we don’t need to see every movie to have it confirmed. :) Hope you have a productive day! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it won’t rain on your side of the world if you’ll do the same for me. ;)

Susie – I’m sorry about the current situation with the cabin. It’s very sad to lose a place that holds so many happy memories, especially with how it happened. It certainly sounds a bit strange that your sister-in-law suddenly isn’t friendly anymore towards you all. Maybe the problems with her mother made it hard for her to be around the happy and loving family of her husband? Roommate A (the one who’s now abroad) actually doesn’t have a very good relationship with her parents and she resented me and roommate B for always going home to our parents on the weekends.
Sadly I can name a few examples in my own family where people refused to speak to their relatives. To name one; my mother is not speaking to her father (my grandfather) anymore since about a year. It has to do with a very painful divorce from my grandmother and him remarrying a woman who’s “not so friendly” either. But it will take me a whole day to explain all the drama in my family.
I hope you have a chance to talk about it with your brother. I’m sure if someone can be diplomatic about a situation like that, it’s you.

Caryn – That doesn’t sound like a fun day at all! I hope you’re feeling better. At least it seems like you drank a lot, which is the most important thing. You sure are a dedicated mom. I’m sure if your sons understood, they’d highly appreciate your efforts. Well, that makes me feel a bit better, that even some literary snobs had trouble with Cosmopolis. Most of the time I can’t read it aloud though, as I usually read on the train, haha. Oh, I would have thought Alphie and Pel would be in LA around the premiere… I can’t read the Robsessed post at uni right now. I read the first sentence and tears already formed. No more Robward! *snif*

Brenda – Real life seems to be getting the better of all of us lately. Don’t feel bad about it. That must be a relief to have the A/C fixed. I couldn’t imagine living without it in that heat. We don’t have one, but then it doesn’t get that hot over here. That’s very brave of your sister to come clean and start working on her drinking problem. I hope it everything works out.

Marielle – Ugh, I hate when that happens. It’s why I always use Word to type my posts. I can just imagine you girls giggling about those pics. LOL Wasn’t there some sort of perv-corner in the HH? We might have to convert the entire house into a perv-corner after Chicago, hihi. I’m sorry about your leg. Take it easy and hopefully it will get better soon!
What rule are you violating? In my book, the more RobCrack the better! (Oh, wait, did you mean the papz pic?) If those rumors are true, I’ll be so happy for them! But I’m not celebrating until they make it official. Also out of respect for them and their privacy.

Sean – I hope you’re feeling better today. I’ll head on over to Robstenation as soon as I get home. Thanks for keeping us updated! Enjoy your first paycheck later this week! YEY!

Tonise – That sounds great that you’re almost done with that program! If you have the opportunity to lead your own group, I’d say go for it! I’ll make sure to let you guys know what I think of Sempre and how it compares to EP when I finish it. I just loved the story and the writing in EP so much, I had to read the book. :)

Have to run now to catch my bus. Maybe I’ll edit a bit once I get home. See you! Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Good afternoon, Siblings and HAPPY MONDAY!
I am just now finishing up getting plans made for our Beth Moore Study tomorrow night and our Grillin'&Chillin' Supper Club for Saturday night with the church. I now have a few things to look up and research on things to do in New York for my Mama. Then, I'm writing a scene or two on Chapter 3 of my fanfic, Between Dusk and Dawn before my guilty obsession TEEN WOLF comes on tonight! :D I'll be back to check in with Y'all tomorrow. I may do another mega-post... or I may wait until Wednesday. Has anyone noticed we're getting close to 200 pages????
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man enjoyed his first day back at school, in spite of waking up three times the night before crying because he knew he had to go to school that day! He slept well last night, though, and he has no apprehension today, so it should be fine.

Sean - enjoy your celebration! It's wonderful when you get paid for the first time in a new job, isn't it?

Marielle - thanks for all those pictures! :swoon: While the engagement rumours are building, they have done that before. Take it with a grain of salt until it is confirmed officially. The press will keep talking about things that might happen in the hope that eventually they'll get it right and they will happen, such as marriages and divorces. In some cases they might have inside information, but this it definitely not always the case. I'm going to wait and see.

Suzan - yes, some of the art is a bit odd, isn't it? I remember seeing a couple of interviews with Dali when he was still alive, and he was definitely "out there", more so than most!

Tonise - keep writing!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening siblings! Well, once again, the new schedule prevented me from posting. With only 6 hours in the office now, instead of 9 to 9 1/2 daily, it will be much harder to justify to myself taking the time to come in and post while in the office. So, it looks like my posts might just move to the evening. But, we'll see how things shake out.

Yes, I'm well-rested and recovered from the heat of the weekend. Thank you for your concern. Oddly, today's high was only 89 and, after the last two weeks with highs nearing or topping 100, it felt positively comfy. Now if we could just get some rain!

Lynne~ When Rob wins the first of his Oscars (I predict two), I will sit back with a very large smile on my face as I watch him humbly stammer through an acceptance speech which I’m sure will include, at the very least, the phrase “what the hell are you all thinking!” and laugh uncontrollably as a few tears roll happily down my cheeks. Aww, I’m sorry LittleMan was upset but glad he had a good day. Change always brings some nerves, but it sounds like he conquered them. When Rob&Kris do get married, I’m sure we’ll know nothing about it until afterwards, just as they want it. Hell, truth be told, I really wouldn’t be surprised if they really are already married and managed to do it with nary a suspicion. Nothing would likely make them happier.

Sean~ In my heart, I’d be happier if Smoke pulled a February victory on that race track.

Brenda~ I’m so glad that the AC got fixed!! I cannot imagine trying to live in your neck of the woods without air conditioning, especially this time of year! That is wonderful news about your niece. I will send good thoughts that her treatment is successful. She will be blessed to have you in her corner. That is so important during that time of recovery. Thank you. Right now, we’re just trying to put things together in a way that will work for us. We don’t want the boys to have to give up the things they love to do, so we’re looking at all of our options.

Marielle~ Oh, I’m pretty sure the man could laze on his beautiful posterior for the rest of his days doing nothing but writing songs and reading and watching French cinema if he wanted. But, we are happily blessed because he doesn’t want to. He wants to make good films, films that challenge him. I have a feeling that Rob’s career will be somewhat like that of Daniel Day Lewis. He will stick primarily to smaller foreign/indie films, some of which will break here in the States because of him or the combination of him and a certain director. His movies (other than The Saga) won’t be known as blockbusters, but as very very well done films with great artistic appeal. Well, if you take a look at the “after” picture to your limo-stare, I’m just saying it looks like he might have been QUITE inspired by Kris’ performance. :lol: I have to say I find it funny that you find Kris to be too young to wed. For me, it’s never been her age, but more her … attitude feels like the wrong word but it’s the only one that fits. Kris has always struck me as one who will do as she will and not because convention says so. If she wanted to get married at 22, she would, regardless of others opinions on the subject. By the time I was Kris’ age, I was already a wife and mother. It’s a personal choice for me, but I would honestly love to see them married and soon. Not for any particular reason other than I guess I’m a bit like Edward (shocking!) in seeing the value and the joy in commemorating and recognizing your commitment to each other before those who are most important to you.

Tonise~ Wow, leading your own group is such an ambitious thing to do. It is wonderful that you have such support in your sister and that you want to show that kind of support to others in your group. Yes, I have heard that about Tylenol, but I’ve never struggled with it before, where I have had issues with the heat in general. Hmmm, I suppose you can stay in denial right up until November 16th. But, I’m guessing it’ll get really hard to stay there come about October or so when the massive promotional campaign talking about the “final epic installment” and the “Cullens’ last stand” and other such slogans are sure to hit the airwaves.

Suzan~ I suppose I should explain that I didn’t actually read aloud. It’s a trick that I learned early on to make the universes of books come to life more realistically for me. I read aloud in my head. That is to say that, as I read, I “hear” the words in my head as if someone were reading them to me. It’s an odd trick, but one that I find particularly helpful when reading novels with certain tones to their writing.

Well, just as Robsessed is celebrating the upcoming epicness that will be ComicCon2012 by looking back at Rob's past CC looks, how can I resist a little ComicCon nostalgia myself?

ComicCon2009 is my favorite. There was such tension between Rob&Kris after being apart for a few months filming on opposite coasts. And Rob seemed... he seemed a man on the edge of something massive, something ready to just explode. He was doing his best to walk the company line, but still able to be his perfect adorkable filter-free self as well. Summitt's motives were on full display, but it didn't matter at all because those two were as subtle as a train wreck.

ComicCon2011 was just... wow!! All the hullaballoo leading up to it about how Rob would have to shave his head and then out pops that magical man with his gorgeous smile, his badge swinging and the remains of the Cosmopolis hatchet job adorning his beautiful head, just happy as you please and not giving a tinker's damn what people thought of it. Once the initial shock wore off, it became just one more perfectly Rob thing to do and Rob had us all charmed under his spell once again.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Caryn - yes I must confess the thought had crossed my mind that they might have already married in a private ceremony but didn't tell anyone because it's none of their business. Do you think Rob will drop his Oscar during his acceptance speech? ;)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

.....Tracy silently sneaks in the back window of the HH House keeping fingers crossed that she hasn't been disowned by her siblings, and hopes they still live at this address :blush:

I have zero excuses for not posting in what seems like forever, other than being busy with real life stuff. I've lurked here almost daily and thought of each of you fondly and hope everyone is well. I just couldn't seem to muster up the energy (or time) to respond appropriately to everyone's messages with a megapost of my own. I reacclimated to the regular routine of my mundane life and recovered from our relaxing beach vacation, as well as the amazing HH Con in Chicago. Since then, I've been immersed in family time with my nephew's baptism and my in-laws' visit, along with the hectic but festive activities and games that were a part of my daughter's nearly week-long AAU National Basketball Tournament. Fortunately, the tournament games were local and within a twenty minute drive of our house, which was a good thing considering her team played seven games in five days. I know I've probably mentioned this team ad nauseum and I apologize in advance.... but we were so proud of this fine group of young ladies who placed eighth out of forty eight teams in the nation at the AAU Division II level, which was a tremendous accomplishment for a team who has only played together since February. Let's just say that they were a surprise to many people at the tournament (myself included). :D

Lynne~ I'm sure Little Man has enjoyed having you all to himself these past two weeks, but I know how nice it is to get back into the regular routines. That's great that he enjoyed his first day back to school, and it's always nice to get over the hump, so the speak. I'll pray that some of your rain will be sent our way instead, as we're in desperate need of rain...and sunny skies would obviously be better for your business. ;) Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Little Ashes. I haven't had the chance to see it but have heard great things about Rob's performance, especially considering how relatively inexperienced he was as an actor when it was filmed (before Twilight, I think?)

Amy~ I'm so glad you enjoyed a fun trip with hubs. Those "sans kids" evenings and trips are pretty rejuvenating to a marriage in many ways, aren't they? 8-)

Missp~ This hot weather is killing me, hon. I can't ever remember a time when we've had so many days of 100+ degree days in a row, and it's not even August! I heard that Magic Mike was kind of a difficult movie to watch, and a little more dramatic and sad than some people expected, in spite of the delicious eye candy. I'm sorry to hear you and Detective Mike have parted ways, but know that you know your own heart best. The right man is somewhere waiting in the wings for you; he just doesn't know it yet. ;) I hope you enjoyed your relaxing weekend and were able to catch up on a little fanfic reading and writing. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful inspiration to others as you take the reins to lead one of these life-changing groups of which you've been a part.

Sean~ I hope you feel better and that you had a good beginning to your work week. Maybe your area will manage to get more rain than we did yesterday, although we were finally blessed with some showers today and the possibilty of rain forecasted the rest of this week.

Marielle~ I know it has been rather quiet around here and am sure this is the longest I've gone without making a megapost (since before my vacation in mid-June :shock: ). Jackson most certainly is one sexy baby Daddy. Congrats on the purchase of your MacBook; I'm sure you'll enjoy it and make the most of your purchase. That's good news that your intake interview went so well and things seem to be moving along in a postive direction for seeking new employment. I could also envision you as a coaching manager, and I found you extremely open, approachable, and very easy to talk to in Chicago. I enjoyed the Robcrack you shared today and hope your leg recovers quickly.

Songbird~ You're so right about much of the U.S. desperately needing rain right now to help with the drought conditions. Are your brother and his family safe, and what about their home? Do you have any other family in the potential path of those tragic wildfires?

Suzan~ Good luck on your upcoming exam and presentation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the book Cosmopolis. I have yet to attempt reading it even though it's been sitting on my bookshelf for months, but I'll definitely give it a try before the movie is released locally. The Bad Mother's Handbook is one of my faves too, and I wish we could have seen an epilogue of sorts, if only to discover what those characters were up to a couple of months (or years) down the road. I hope your roommate situation is under control and not too stressful for you now. That would be wonderful if some of you across the pond could organize a European HH Con for Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Jaclyn~ Did you have a nice weekend visiting your sister in Aberdeen, in spite of the predicted rain? You seem to be adjusting very well to your new job, and to married life.

Brenda~ I'm glad your AC was finally fixed and sorry you had to deal with that in this heat. We've actually had record breaking temps in Nashville and middle Tennessee ever since I returned from Chicago, even reaching as high as 109 degrees. I'm ready for Fall! Good for you for standing your ground with your supervisor, and don't let them take advantage of your superior talent and skills. It sounds like you and the family made the best of the 4th, in spite of the rain. We'll keep your niece in our thoughts and prayers as she deals with these difficult issues, but good for her for accepting and admitting that she has a problem and that she needs help. She's very fortunate to have your unwavering support and I'm sure it means a great deal to her. How old is she, if you don't mind me asking? I, too see similarites between Johnny Depp and Rob, as far as their performances and career trajectories. Rob seems to be on the right path to reinventing himself for a variety of upcoming roles, the way Johnny has managed to do so successfully in his career.

Caryn~ I'm sorry you had a rather rough time at the soccer tourney over the weekend and hope you recovered well with a cool shower, good nutrition, and some indoor AC. This heat is just crazy, and I can't remember ever having this many days of consecutive triple digit temps, especially in June and July! Have you heard any more about the proposed cutbacks at your work, or is it pretty much a done deal? I hope they find some way of compensating you fairly for the tremendous amount of work I know you'll accomplish, in an even shorter amount of time. I'll check out those must-watch Twilight Saga retrospectives you mentioned over at Robsessed. I can't fathom the fact that just over four months from now....all this will be over. :( I hope we can all manage to particpate in some sort of regional or even local Halfway House Conventions for a viewing of Breaking Dawn Part 2, as I know I'll need the emotional support of my siblings to muddle through and survive. ;) I'm keeping fingers crossed that we do hear Rob make the Oscar acceptance speech just as you described at the Academy Awards in the not too distant future. Good call on the comparison of Rob's future career to that of Daniel Day Lewis....we should be so lucky if we're fortunate enough to continue watching Rob in interesting and varied indie roles in the years to come.

Susie~ I'm so sorry you (and your parents) have had to deal with your SIL's unacceptable behaviour and the callous way she's trampled on their feelings. It's very sad that she treated them (and you) so disrespectfully, and was downright rude, even to their faces! I wish I had an answer as to why she is the way she is, and maybe it has to do with some sort of self-esteem issues or difficulties she's experienced in relationships with her own immediate family? Whatever the reasons....I'm sorry you've all had to deal with the consequences. I can imagine the "loss" of these cabins and the natural evolution and changes in the family dynamics as your parents age is stressful enough, and adding your sister's selfish and disrespectful behavior on top of that is just the icing on the cake. Remember that we're always here with a listening ear, a shoulder to lean on, and when all else fails.... Robcrack for distraction. ;)
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Tracy: Our well is just over half full--and there's minnows in it. I don't know how they got there, so don't ask, because I have no explanation for that one.

Everyone: I had a really strange day at work. There was no scanning and no tubes, so what did I do? Not much! I mostly played some board and card games--stuff that I'm not very good at BTW--with some of my co-workers. At least I got to meet some people. But other than that, I mostly read. So you're thinking good day, huh? Sort of yes, sort of no.

It was nice to not work, but it did become a drag after a while, because I had nothing to really keep my mind off the fact that this is strange and I'm now working. When I'm working, I have something to focus on, but between the fact that I suck at board and card games, and I barely know anyone there, I got really bored really fast, and I hope that my whole week won't be like this.

Also, I didn't get paid today. Sort of frustrating, but that means that I'll get a bigger check when it comes.

So today was just really bizarre--my brother even almost lost the brakes on his car when he dropped me off at work. He popped a brake line, but his father was able to fix it and everything's fine. This day was just really bizarre, and I fear that my whole week will be like that. Thank god for my love of reading.

Right now, I'm getting ready for the Top Gear re-air, and taking a nap, getting some dinner, and getting ready for work tomorrow--that is if that's what I'll be doing. I do hope that I'll have something to do tomorrow, because I was actually the most tired after work that I've been so far today because of not working. Ironic, but true.

At least later this week I can go on DailyMotion and watch highlights from this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans from the ACO's Official page there. If anyone's interested, I can give a link. They also have a lot of stuff on their You Tube page, but not all the 2012 videos have been added there.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - yes, Little Ashes was immediately before Twilight, if I remember correctly.