Hi siblings! In my heart, I am a better sister, who stops by more often. Tonight, I am totally tired but caught up with y'all!
Eh, maybe I overreacted about the campfire pic. Still, it irritates me a bit.
Congratulations to Jasper and girlfriend, and Welcome! to their little boy. The beginning of a wonderful journey.
The A/C is fixed yay!!! The girls and I slept in the living room for almost a week. Hubby boy braved the heat upstairs for the sake of a mattress and son's room is downstairs. Then on Friday he was supposed to come between 9-10 am ... yeah right ... he got there around 2. But at least it got fixed.
We enjoyed our Fourth although it was raining fiercely. My aunt and uncle stayed home rather than come out in the wet, so it was my family and my mother. We had a lovely dinner and then took the kids to the fireworks (there was a break in the rain) ... which hit a snafu and we came home early. Oh well.
My niece from Hawaii, who was out here a few months ago, texted me late one night and I called her back. She had come clean to her father that she had a drinking problem and wanted help and thought it would be best to come back to Tucson. So he is making it happen! She is coming back to Tucson in September, and planning on doing intensive outpatient treatment locally. She asked for emotional support from us and I was happy to say yes. It lead to a bit of an epiphany for me (which I seem to be having often lately) that my personal goal in life was to make my corner of the world a bit better, and I seem to be achieving it. This gave me warm fuzzies! It was never an ambitious goal, but I thought it was worthwhile!
Work is basically the same, and working this weekend again of course. Department manager keeps telling me she wants me to commit to the department and give up my other contracts and I tell her, offer me a salaried position and we will talk.Amy
- We will do BD2 in Phoenix definitely! Hopefully we can find a same-day all-day Twilight marathon to attend too. I never knew why my flight was delayed, and have flown too often to bother asking. It's so wonderful that you could have a date weekend away with your hubs, and even more wonderful that it was so nice, with so much conversation. I really feel like that is a mark that a marriage is basically doing well.Austin
- Dude! Stop by anytime. We love you (but not in a way that would make your wife worry
- I'm sorry for your work troubles, and more so the implications for home financial troubles. Agencies are awful with cutbacks. Thanks for your attention to my campfire irritation - I guess it is overblown, but it is under my skin for some reason. The situation with your SiL really does sound horrible, and sadly, ongoing. Jaclyn
- Congratulations on learning how to get your iron levels up! I am a mad lover of citrus, which explains why it was never an issue for me. You and hubs look very happy in your pics!Lynne
- 1500 copies is amazing! Will that be paperback? We will get the word out on the grapevine! I wonder about a rec at the Fictionators? Thanks for the review of Little Ashes. I have been hesitant to see it because I am not so into Dali either, but your review tells me I should give it a try. I'm a bit of a Johnny Depp fan and I didn't know he did Nightmare on Elm Street! I do remember watching him in 21 Jump Street and you could see his acting improving with every show, until by the time he left, he had completely outclassed the show. I often think of Rob and Johnny together, particularly in terms of how impossible it is to escape a label like "Most Beautiful Man Ever."Marielle
- Let us know when you decide on a tattoo! I loved meeting you too. Americans adore European accents, and don't fuss about speaking American properly since we can't decide on what proper American is anyway. You should try listening to a Boston accent, I'm not sure a Bostoner and Tonise could understand each other easily.Sean
- It sounds like you have had an excellent first week of work, even though it is rather dull. Well at least it will not be emotionally exhausting, and you will go home with plenty of energy.Songbird
- I'm so silly! Of course, the thread will be moving! I must have been confused with the kids changing schools - hope their end of year celebration went well. I will have to start considering what pics can be used for decor in the new thread. Of course the place is basically wallpapered in Rob anyway. And that last pic I posted is popsicles, and I think is a Kayla
original (she is wildly multitalented). There is a MUCH more graphic version, with ... shaped and detailed ... popsicles, on the Gutter thread. I could probably track down the page if you wanted. We had 8 ears of corn among 7 people. I ate extra for you!Susie
- I'm neutral on chest hair. Personally, I like a small amount, but not a rug. The obvious problem with shaving is that you have to keep doing it ... plus nicking delicate skin.Susie and Tonise
is a Twi teacher now too!Tonise
- Has your back improved yet? I am sorry things are over with Detective Scott, as he sounded like quite a good guy. But sometimes good folks don't match anyway. Will you stay friends?