Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by openfire »

Happy Sunday all!

The weekend goes far too fast...

Tonight we are giong over for dinner to my parents house. But though I would swing by with a wee hello first ;)

Lynne - That's great that your books have been sent to school libraries! I will keep everything crossed that they pick them up :)

Sarah - Quiet weekend are the best. Hope you manage to get some studying done. Oh no, just seen that you are sick. So forget the studying - hope you feel better soon! :)

Sean - So what is your new sleep pattern then? Are you now sleeping during the night & up during the day?

Songbird - Glad everyone had fun at the playgym & at McDonalds! I love McDonalds LOL.

Marielle - Saw your post on fb - I'm here! :) It is quiet though... maybe it will pick up soon, now that the holidays are over & people are starting to get back into their routines with work etc. Hope the new house is good!!

This will be a busy week, so not sure if I will get back here soon. Will be really busy this week at work, and on Tuesday night my friend & I are off to see the theatre version of Dirty Dancing. I saw it with hubs last month, and she seen it last week with another friend, but we both really really enjoyed it so going back before it finished its run. Should be good to see it with her, as she is a MEGA fan (where as I have only seen the film once LOL). I love seeing things at the theatre though!

Anyway, gotta run. Have a great week folks! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Jaclyn: Right now, I go to bed by about 7:00-8:00 at night, and get up at about 2:30-4:00 in the morning. It helps with keeping the stove going and me to get some real decent sleep.

Everyone: Just had my dinner, I'm about to have desert, and then I'll start working on my fan fic.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I am sooooo embarrassed! Bug's Godparents missed both her birthday party and MM's and they missed MM's last year, too, so they wanted to come over to give them their gifts and such. I totally forgot today was the day we agreed on, so we weren't dressed, we hadn't cleaned the house at all, so there are toys everywhere, crumbs from the carrot cake we finished last night, and a few dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher this morning when I did a load. Thank God I had made cinnamon rolls fresh this morning and they were still warm so I at least had something to offer them, but I feel SO bad that we forgot and the house was SO not company ready. I am not a great housekeeper, but in the vacation we take it easy. It could have been worse, I suppose....but I can't imagine how.

Lynne, if they have 6 weeks now, do they get a break in the winter, too? Here, we get 6 weeks in the summer, and then around 2 weeks at Christmas and a week in October, and May and Feb.
How are the edits coming for The Crown?

Sarah, so it's Jason that has the big family? My hubs' extended family is HUGE. He only has the one brother, but his parents each have 9 or 10 kids in their family. So there are like 35 aunts and uncles because they are all married and then almost all of them have a couple kids who also have kids. Family reunions are a very large affair! Feel free to tell us fur-baby stories here. Marielle has Garfield and Lynne has Harry, there are several fur-baby people here.
I hope your cold is gone soon! We're fighting it here, too.

Sean, I'm so glad you're feeling better. It must be no fun to have to chop wood if your back hurts!

Jaclyn, have fun! I've never seen the theater version of Dirty Dancing, but I love the movie. I have not watched the 2nd movie because I kind of think it's almost blasphemy to make a new one after the classic.
We actually prefer Burger King if we're going to do fast food, but the kids like McDonalds and there is no Burger King in the area anyway. It was a good time though.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI Everyone,

Quick drive by. Will probably do a proper post later, seeing that it is 55 degrees today which is really cold at least for a California girl like me. I have no plans of stepping outside today to run any kind of errands.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man and I are off to Dreamworld today. It's a bit like Disneyland, only smaller. We've bought unlimited passes for the year so that I have something to do with him on school holidays.

Rewrites for The Crown are not going well. I'm finding it just about impossible to do what Rochelle asked, which is ditch the first two chapters. It means that waaaaaay too much is happening in chapter one now. I've asked her if I can at least have the first chapter. I'll see what she says

Sean - yes, it's true there's not much humidity in the desert, but the heat is still intense and has killed plenty of people before.

Jaclyn - I really hope they do.

Songbird - here they get six weeks in the summer, two weeks at Easter, two weeks in winter and two weeks in spring. Whoops! Sorry you forgot Bug's Godparents were coming. Glad you had something to offer them.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Desiree: I'd kill for 55 degrees right now. But I might be getting that my next weekend.

Lynne: During the summer where I live last year, we had 100 degree days where it felt like it was almost 115 because of the humidity, and it was even worse in like the plains and western mid west, where there was 110 degree days that felt like over 120. In the southwest, it can be 120, but feel like 105 or something like that. But either way, it probably doesn't make a ton of difference. 90 degrees is unbearably hot for quite a few people, and anything over 100 is a significant health hazard unless precautions are taken, let alone not weather than most people would want to be in.

Everyone: Got done with Chapter 3 of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight. Now it's time for chapter 4 later on, narrated by Guyver's main action girl, who has quite the back story, and has a bit of a dual nature to her (gentle and kind, but at the same time aggressive and brave--but without being excessively rude or nasty), and who happens (in my canonization) to be married to Guyver's biggest anti-hero/dark hero. You guys will probably love this :)

Anyone want to know more about this "action girl"? Feel free to ask. I already think that, even as a human in Bio-Booster Armor Guyver that she was cool, but she's got some more things about here in my story will be pretty cool IMO.

Other than that, I'll be reading in bed soon and probably taking a nap. My sleep stuff might be unconventional, but it's worked for me so far.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Ah, it's Biggest Loser time again!! I'm settling in to watch with my boys..I'm feeling alright but Jason seems to have gotten better, then worse. We watched football all day yesterday and he's really jazzed about the Seahawks (our football team) making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I've been trying to study some today, mostly doing worksheets on my phone just because I'm really ready to schedule my test and get it done :)

Desiree-55 sounds nice! That's almost warm here :)

Jaclyn-I got my books yesterday!! Thank you :) fits perfectly in my goal to read more this year!! And thanks! I'm feeling better today, but still tried to take it easy. It's the season to get sick and I think Jason gets sick more because he works in an office.

Song-aww thanks :) Jason said Rolph is good parenting practice :) I'm definitely thinking that's true! When Jason is sick, I try to take on more dog duty and I realize how much work he is!!

Jason's mom is one of six and whose brother has 7 kids-2 of which we hang out with and their wives occasionally. At NYE, it was a few more cousins and their wives and kids :) I'm one of two kids, my sister lives in California so I'm definitely not used to the big noisy parties!

Lynne- good luck with your revisions! I hope Dreamland was fun.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've come home from Dreamworld with a splitting headache, but Little Man enjoyed himself, so that's half the battle won. I also think I may have solved the problem with my novel. It may just require a little insert into the existing version of chapter one. I'll try it tonight.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I’m back at work and here at least I have a internet connection!!!
And a mailbox with 136 unread emails…so I’m very busy today and the rest of the week…

I’m going to try to reply to some thing but I’m not going back very far.

Tracy, with the move I was too late to inform the cable company so I’m stuck without internet, TV or radio… today is my first day back at work… I had 3 weeks off… it was nice but with all the work in the new house I’m happy to have a few days of just sitting behind a computer…

Susie, when does your daughter get back home.. I thought it was a 3 month trip? Or is she staying there longer?
Sounds like you son is one busy guy with all the concerts…

Jaclyn, your Italian feast sounds delicious!!! Especially the mousse…
I still need to do so much decorating and cleaning that my new house right now feels more like a bomb explosion… I’m hoping that this week I’ll get it sorted out a bit.

Hey Desiree!!! Yes, when cold just stay inside and enjoy the warmth…

Sarah, I never watched the biggest loser… here in Holland we have Obese… it will start next month I think again… I like that show…

Lynne, how hot is it over there. Or do you live in colder areas?
We only hear about bush fires and extreme temps… I hope it is doable…

Okay, work is calling… I have to catch up on the rest tomorrow…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - where I am we have more humidity, so the temperature doesn't usually go up quite so high. However, we are getting a few days in the early 100s later this week. There have been some really bad fires in Tasmania (that's the big island down the bottom on the map of Australia) and they are forecasting extreme fire conditions in Sydney tomorrow. The last time they forecast something like that it was in Victoria on February 7, 2009. If you want to know what happened then just google 'Black Saturday' with that date and be prepared to be horrified. So you might like to pray that nothing happens in Sydney and its surrounds tomorrow.