Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Saturday here. We don't have much on for this weekend, which is good. I hope we'll have some downtime!

Susie - I'm sorry to hear that your husband has been laid off. I hope he will get another job very soon.

marielle - Hopefully one day I will get to Holland. Yes, I like the fruity perfumes.

Songbird - I'm glad you Hubs' heart is okay. Tests can be nervewracking. Yeah, I love a good hot chocolate!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Susie: Sucks that your husband lost his job. At least you're set financially for a while (even if it isn't for very long) and I hope that he finds something soon that he at least likes. I in general like my job, even if they pay and hours still aren't quite what I like--and when you get loaded up with work and the equipment in the office doesn't cooperate.

Everyone: I had another day where I wasn't feeling well after getting off from work. Again, the weather is playing havoc with how I feel I just wish that it would pick one thing to do and do it well. When I get used to it doing one thing, it changes and almost does like a total 180.

None the less, I had another good day at work, but it was busy--the second half of my day was quite busy, and the copier machine was a pain in the a** big time, which is something that all my coworkers have had issues with recently. But the weather changes have wiped me out recently. I swear that I'm really starting to turn into my mom--she doesn't handle rapid weather changes well, and it effects her and me in the same ways. Not to mention that if it wasn't for me being male, I'd probably look a lot like my mom, too. :)

I'll probably make myself some fried chicken later tonight and just read and relax--Saturday Night/Sunday, with the warmer temps, will probably be the best time for me to work on fan fic, though at least I know where I'm going.

I'll be back soon.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Ok I've got your requests and I actually have a day off tomorrow so I'll be working on them!!!

Until then.....

Happy Friday!!

(This is actually one of the very first wallpapers I made for the HH) :)

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Cool thanks Tammy!!

I'm snuggled in bed as I write this so we will see how much I get written before nodding off. Long day today- worked a half day in the office and then went up and saw my Mom..helped her look around for my dads Valentines Day gift to no avail..she'll have to ask him. Got something for my best friend though since there's no boy in her life at the moment and I always hated that! I work tomorrow and I'm sure it's going to be busy, so that's always a plus..really looking forward to a quiet day Sunday since this week was way busier than I anticipated!

Posts..

Song- glad to hear about your hubby..better safe than sorry though..must have been nerve wracking :(
Yay about your niece!! The impromptu date night was just us and his two best friends and their wives, whom I've gotten close to..we did dinner out and then hung out. :)

Susie- oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear :/ I'll be praying for you..that must be stressful!

Lynne- yay for a birthday dinner but I hate rude waiters :/ dessert sounds yummy!

Thanks for all the sympathy about my ticket :/ Jason is going to do some research, as he's not entirely sure the photo thing is entirely legal. At least ive worked plenty of hours this week to cover it.

Okay I'm out..I'm falling asleep. Hi to anyone I missed!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

So...hubs' heart...the doctor read the thingy and said he can't be sure, it's possible that his heart lost oxygen for a while and that's what caused it to start fluttering like it did. He has to go to a cardiologist on the 18th to get a more in depth screening. So while there was nothing IMMEDIATELY threatening, there is a potential problem. I'm thinking it's probably because he stops breathing in his sleep. I seriously think he has sleep apnea, I've mentioned it to him before. My brother has it, and hubs has a lot of the same symptoms. He snores REALLY loudly, he stops breathing in his sleep until I put a hand on his shoulder or something and then he'll gasp and start breathing again, his legs twitch sometimes in his sleep. Since this heart thing started when he was sleeping and it woke him up, it makes sense to me that if he stopped breathing and I was too deep in sleep to notice, that his heart was deprived of oxygen for a bit and it made it flutter, which woke him up. His cholesterol is also too high, so he has to take meds for his cholesterol and he just got more meds for his blood pressure, and then he sees the cardiologist on the 18th to find out what's going on. So that's the update on that. Could be better, but it could DEFINITELY be worse.

MM has been doing really well with not crying unless he is in pain, so his teachers have stopped the sticker book and we are letting him pick dinner tonight as a reward for doing so well.

This weekend is Carnaval weekend. Today is the parade, which lines up a block from our house...I can hear it right now. We are stuck, (they block off the entire neighborhood for traffic so we can't get out, nor back in) so we are just making a day of it at home. Tomorrow is the parade where my in-laws live, so we'll go to the parade there with them and the kids are staying overnight and I work on Monday. I hope it doesn't snow before then, because I really hate riding my bike in the snow.

Sean, you are too far west for the superstorm aren't you? My friends on the east coast have blizzard warnings and travel restrictions.

Tammy, that wallpaper is awesome!

Sarah, that's so nice of you to do something for your best friend. I remember my mom gave me 3 carnations one year for valentines day...I loved them so much. I think I was 12? Carnations are still my favorite flower because of that. I know some people view them as cheap and ugly, but they were the first flowers I ever got, we didn't have much money so I knew how much that cost my mom even to get those 3 flowers, and I just have a sentimental attachment to carnations now. Do you have something for your hubs?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody,

I'm having a kind of lazy day. We did some things in the house but not too much. I have a tv in the bedroom now.
Tomorrow we are going into town to get a few things.

Susan, that isn't too good news. Sleep apnea is a common thing but it can be really bad for you. Your hubs will likely be put on a diet and have him on a machine for a while. A friend of mine is not even 25 and has it. He is almost off the machine now his diet is working. It's important he listened to the doc it could cause him heart failure in the long term.

Sarah, it's really sweet your mom is getting your dad something for Valentine's day. My mom usually gets flowers but my dad is always at sea during Valentine so he won't get much. I'll be surprised if my bf even things about it. Last year he surprised me with flowers. For woman it's easy. Chocolate and flowers is always good. Men are difficult. I normally go for an aftershave.

alright dinner is almost ready!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I had another birthday dinner at my in-laws' last night, and my mother-in-law made a wonderful chicken and shrimp dish, followed by Toblerone cheesecake, Yum!

Not much on today, but that's good.

Sean - my brother's a lot like my mother. As long as you're not like her in a physical sense it's okay! :)

Sarah - yes, it was yummy. But I think my MIL's cheesecake was the yummiest thing I've had for my birthday.

Songbird - I'm sorry to hear about Hubs. That doesn't sound very good, but I think you're right in thinking it could be related to sleep aopnea. Did you mention it to the doctor?
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hello everyone, I'll jump in a bit, I've been very busy lately.

Polishing off a Stone IPA. Have to look after myself.

Beautiful day in Florida, its 75 and nice.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been up to much so far today, but between there not being much on TV tonight and such, I'll probably be working on my fan fic in a while after I'm done with some World War II gaming and other stuff. Tonight will be the first decent night I've had to work on fan fic and stuff like that in a while, so why not take advantage of it.

I'll be back a little later on :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Austin! I was thinking about you the other day, wondering where you were.