Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Naterpie
Settled in Forks

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Naterpie »

I go to bed and this place moves so fast over night!
Yeah, I like username stories too- sometimes they're really fascinating!

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my dissertation topic. I've got all the results I need now. It's just the writing bit I have to get down!!

I love snow. But that's because I don't own a car yet, and I don't have to drive in it! I'm sure as soon as I have to drive in the snow I'll hate it. I can only remember a couple of times my whole life that there's been snow at Christmas...
"My hallucinatory Edwards were usually better fed...."
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Sorry I have been MIA. I really have something bothering me and not sure where or if I should discuss it at all. Sometimes I am like Bella and Charlie with keeping everything in. Moving on to a happier note……

I hope you all had a great week. What is everyone doing this weekend? I myself are going to take the kids to the library and pick Christmas books we are also going to visit Santa and have their picture taken.

Mel ~ It is great seeing you on here. How many times have you seen BD2 so far? I remained completely spoiler free. Easy to do when all you have is cartoons on tv and no time to be here to see or hear anything. I was in shock when I first saw it and thought no way is this happening.

Sean~ I eat the Turkey breakfast sausage. I can’t remember the brand but will post it later for you.

Lynne~ Paying for your car fix is never fun. Glad though you had the funds to cover it especially with the holidays coming up. I don’t even want to think about my car breaking down if it were to happen this month.

Austin & the rest of the baby being thrown into the fire without being pulled apart.

My thoughts I think you would have a lot of upset parents if they saw a 2 year old being ripped apart. For one the movie was pg 13 and even if it was R I think being a mother myself might find that disturbing. Throwing the child in the fire was more than I could handle for just that quick second we see that.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's the weekend here, and it will be a fairly quiet one for us. There' s nothing on today, but tomorrow we will visit my parents in the afternoon and go to Rochelle's work Christmas party in the evening. I'm really looking forward to that. A few of the authors should be there.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much to say except that whoever it was (I think Caryn?) that told me the Hallmark ornaments don't look quite right is absolutely right! I got the original one from 2010 in the mail yesterday and it looks so..creepy. I forgot there's a reason I've always hated dolls, Barbies included, because they don't look real or natural. I'm thinking I may sell it on eBay. I'd rather make my own ornaments with photos from the movies or something.

Lynne-sorry to hear about your car, I sure can sympathize. :(

Marielle-I think I got mm and cm confused, but I can definitely see why people would freak out! 8 inches is a lot, even for us rain folk in Washington, so I sympathize.

Song-yes, I think the process took me a day or two, to use various things as a support to make them stand up right. I don't tend to eat them when I'm done, maybe some of the candy but that's it. I'm looking forward to getting the candy this weekend and building it with hubbz! No idea where you'd find a pink gorilla other than eBay :)

I feel like this week has taken such an emotional toll on me and PMS certaintly doesn't help. I work tonight and tomorrow and hope that'll help take my mind off of everything. Now if only the estimator will get his booty down to the auto collision shop and give me a verdict on my poor Kia.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Just have time for a quick drive-by post tonight....

I'm headed to a "girl's night out" Christmas celebration with my female coworkers. We're having dinner and dessert together and hanging out at a coworker's home. It should be very informal and relaxing, but is always so nice to catch up with everyone in a more relaxed environment, away from work. My daughter has a basketball tournament all day tomorrow, about an hour's drive away. She and I will be gone most of the day, as there's really no point in driving home between games. I "suggested" to hubs that he and our son buy our live Christmas tree so we can decorate it later in the weekend....and we'll see if he takes the hint. :roll: ;)

I hope to check back in here later tomorrow, or Sunday evening. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :wave:
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - I'm sure you can relate! :)

Tracy - have fun at your girls' night out. It's been a while since I've done one of those. I hope your daughter's basketball tournament goes well. Is her team likely to win?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for another late night post, but I went to bed soon after I got off work, and I only got up at about 2:30! I'm gonna try and force myself to go to sleep early so I can wake up early-ish tomorrow so I can get some stuff done.

At least I got my library books and had a nice day at work, but it was tiring--I was up for 17 hours straight without rest, and today was pretty physical at the office with all the running I had to do. All of this because I got sick on Thursday from something I ate. But at least things are finally getting back to normal a bit after the past couple of weeks.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Wow it's quiet here! I suppose it tends to get that way on the weekends but I still find it surprising lol.

Not much on my end, just more car drama but I feel like I've been talking a lot about it so no more! I work today then I'm going Christmas shopping afterward. I'm looking forward to finishing up, as the store is starting to get really busy so I don't want to have think about it anymore!

Tracy- oh fun! Hope you had fun on your girls night! Have fun at your basketball tournament :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Tracy~ Enjoy your girls night out. I always find the informal ones the best.

Sarah~ Yes weekends are usually quiet here but I tend to like it at times cause then I can get caught up on my post. Well only if I don't have something to do too. :) Ya I wasn't a fan of the ornaments either. They all looked strange to me. I did see I think Marielle and Caryn might have posted it, it was christmas ornaments but only the cover of each book. Here is the link

http://www.etsy.com/listing/33992717/tw ... -christmas

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371431.0

Sean~ Did you get food poisoning from the sausages? When I go to Costco I will let you know what brand we buy. Glad to know you are feeling somewhat better.
Last edited by Edwards Ragazza on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to a Christmas barbecue at my boss's place today. It should be good. I'm looking forward to it!