Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

The Olympics is on just next to me and Australia has just won our first gold medal. It happened just before we got up. Never mind. It's nice to know we got one!

Moonless Night - I'm not sure I agree with your parallel. Bella knew she wanted Edward, but, because of Edward's absence in NM, she'd become emotionally involved with Jacob during her recovery (such as it was). As far as we know, there was no event like that with Rob. I still think it was more of an insecurity sabotage of a commitment she couldn't handle. Not that I'll ever really know.

Brenda - you think Kristen's better than Rob in the acting department? I'd always viewed it the other way around. I think Kristen is good, but she seems to only be able to play a particular type - the angsty, tough woman with issues, whereas Rob seems to have more range. He can play the angsty type (Edward), or the naive, look-at-the-world-with-wonder type (Jacob), or the absolute cad (Georges), not to mention the start-out-fairly-normal-but-turn-into-a-nutcase Salvador Dali. Rob's performance in that still makes my jaw drop.

Tonise - glad you had such a good time away. It was probably a good time for a holiday. Yes, it's probably a good idea to let it go.

Ann Marie - we appreciate the Robcrack! ;)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening, siblings. Sorry, it’s been a bit of a crazy. Had to send Littlun and Hubs off to Ohio for an “emergency’ soccer tournament. We originally couldn’t go, so there was another boy going in Littlun’s place. Plans were changed and it turned out to be a good thing because the little boy going in Littlun’s place was injured and couldn’t go after all. So, they’re there while I am here preparing to head to a conference tomorrow.

I thought I would swing in and see how things are around home.

Lynne~ Yep, been following the Olympics all day in the background. I love being able to watch all the soccer and then the different sports you never really see. Handball is pretty entertaining. Yes, I loved the opening ceremonies. I thought they were so well done. I know that people were concerned about how they would measure up to Beijing, but I don’t think that was necessary. Beijing was amazing, but it was what it was. London did exactly what they needed to do and made it their own. I mean, Mr. Bean with the LSO!!!

Tonise~ I’m so glad you were able to get exactly what you needed; lots of rest in a beautiful place.

Brenda~ Of course I don’t hate you. That’s the joy of subjective topics. There is no right or wrong. I do have to disagree with your theory on this whole debacle, though. First, I don’t think Kristen told Rob until she was forced to with the imminent release of the story and photos, which would have been July 22nd or 23rd at the latest. First, I don’t think Rob moved out and went underground because of the public knowledge/reaction. I think he did so because he was heartbroken, as he should be. He would have been heartbroken no matter when he found out. And, I don’t think we would have seen what we saw at the TCAs if Rob had any inkling what was going on. He was hugging her and kissing her backstage and holding her hand as they walked out onto the stage. If he’d known, I’m betting he wouldn’t have even been there. As for the pictures, I don’t think they show anything like that. (Invisible font for people who either haven’t seen them, don’t want to see them or don’t care) She gets out of the car and goes to him, embraces him, rest her head against him, allows him to touch her intimately. If that’s not bad enough, she turns around and allows him to wrap himself around her and then not only smiles and laughs but is even playfully sexual with him while he grinds himself on her from behind. Then there’s her behavior when they continue their rendezvous in the car (the fact that they continue it at all is also telling). She’s laughing, playing with him. But that’s not enough, so they are kissing intimately again and his lips don’t stay on her mouth, or even her face. I don’t see any sense of hesitancy in her at all… until she’s driving away that is (another telling fact). I know that people are going to see different things, but, in all honesty, I’ve just seen too many people trying to rationalize and make this appear as if Kristen’s actions had some other explanation outside of what it was; a selfish choice. That’s great news about the job prospects. It’s always nice to feel like you are wanted, so for them to be ready to work to get you what you need bodes well.

Moonless Night~ You’re not crazy. There are definitely some coincidental similarities in the situation and I’ve heard that in a few different places. Sadly, the repercussions in the real world are a lot worse.

Alright, much to do workwise before I can settle in. Off to argue with WikiSpaces again.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I just want everyone to know that I'm hanging in there and it's no small part thanks to you guys. I might have view different to some of yours, but we shouldn't be fighting about this and going off the deep end and throwing each other under the bus. One of my Twitter friends says that's not what anyone needs right now.

I'll be offline fairly soon, and I'll be watching Nadia G's B****in Kitchen, and playing a little on my PS2, thinking about my fan fic OC's and why I love them, and trying to chill and have some fun.

BTW, anyone have advice on dinner tonight for me? I have some chicken pot pies left, and I want something good to eat, and that fried chicken I made last night was great, but I don't feel like digging out the fryer again. I guess that choice is up to me ;)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post, but does anyone think that this is a good idea: That we set aside a day on the HH FB to have a chat session with each other about how we're feeling and what not? I don't know if it'll make much of a difference, but I'm open to it if more people are.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sean, I'm open to it. I've put a possible time up on FB.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I do think that I have some important stuff that I need to post about me and such.

First of all, some bad stuff that I think that I need to vent. I know that everyone of you know that I've made comments about how I feel like I don't fit in and I think that my views will piss a lot of you off. Well, I'm gonna have to tell you some important things about me personally.

First, why I'm standing by Kristen though out this. I found her when the film Speak came out in '05, and I've loved her and her work since then. She lead me to this fandom, to Twilight, and to Rob, and that's why I feel so bad about this. I found Rob, and I've been admiring him on a similar level, and he seems to be quite a likable dude who I think would make a good friend to me, let alone this fandom. I've also found things in Kristen that I really admire, and I really identified with both of them.

Now, I don't know what I believe, and I do feel like I'm being forced to choose and define my loyalties. Well, I can't do that. I can't dump aside the woman who lead me here, and I can't dump the guy who furthered my liking of the saga. I want to remain loyal to, and support, both Kristen and Rob. I hope that everyone can understand where I'm coming from, and even if you can't agree with me, I hope that you understand me.

I don't know how brave some of you think I am for being a heterosexual guy who has came into and embraced the novels, films, and this fandom. Well, I also don't know how brave you'll think I am for admitting this, because so far I've only told Ann Marie. When I was a teenager, there were times where I considered contemplating suicide because I didn't fit in. This is also why I fear getting into a relationship with a woman. Not what Kristen and Rob have had happen to them, but that I wouldn't fit in, either.

Also, I have to say that I haven't felt this down in the doldrums since about 5 years ago when I found out my mother had cancer. I've been having problems at work, having a weird routine and adjusting to things, and then this happened. Unlike when I found out my mom had cancer, it wasn't just one thing, it was a multitude of things. But I felt the same way: So sick I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, just empty and sad and angry. But eventually, I decided that I survived my mom's fight with cancer (and so did she), I can survive this, and I survived high school.

I'm not completely over what happened, and I can't bring myself to say that what Kristen did was right--it's the exact opposite, it was a horrible, horrible mistake and she hurt Rob, Liberty, us and herself. But she made a mistake, a huge one, but I haven't lost my faith in her as a person or in Rob, either. I just want closure and I want them to be happy, be it together or apart. And I don't want this fandom to turn against me or anyone to turn against me because I might have beliefs that are a bit different than you guys'. Being a guy and being in this fandom and being a lover of the novels and films and writing fan fic (more on that in a moment ;) ) does make me feel like an outsider. But I don't know what's braver--being in this fandom, knowing that I'm not the stereotypical fan, or admitting to my insecurities and fears and asking for support and help.

I hope that you all know where I'm coming from and will be accepting of me and won't shy away from me, and make me feel the same way. This is difficult for me, and even more so because I feel like I'm not really in the same boat. But you've put up with me and so many of you have voiced your support. Thank you guys, and I love you :)

Now, on to somewhat less serious business. Can someone maybe help me with a computer issue? I want to buy MS Office so I can start writing my fan fic again, and can anyone give me some advice on what to get and what not. I'll appreciate any help that you can give me and my brother.

smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hello siblings! (Trying to be cheerful.)

Another day at work, closer to caught up. Tuesday is gonna be a big day for me at work - I'm helping the department manager with a presentation to all the staff that didn't get it Friday. Likely, around 100 people total. Wish me good and calm energy - I'm going to need it! Nice dinner at my mom's with reasonably content children and good conversation, so that was nice. Hubby boy is finishing up his weekly house chores while I sit upstairs with little girls who are supposed to stay in bed ;)

Ann Marie - The Robcrack has been wonderful for everyone's morale, I think. Thank you! I know you're not in London, but are you watching Olympic events other than swimming? Are any events being held anywhere near you?

Caryn - Very flexible of you, to suddenly be able to get half your family off to a soccer tournament on a moment's notice while you are traveling to DC. I was using hyperbole in asking you not to hate me, but I'm glad that we can discuss this stuff (very subjective, as you say) nicely. I don't see anything that knocks an absolute hole in my theory. We have different opinions of when Kris might have told Rob - I favor the earlier date because I do think they were quite odd at CC12, and I remember seeing Taylor looking quite uncomfortable around them. Plus I like to think they might have been trying to figure things out without overt public attention. I never meant to imply that only the public attention would have driven Rob underground - I think it was the additional betrayal involved in going public and the evidence of more betrayal on top of whatever she might have disclosed earlier. I will concede that I didn't have the greatest look at the pix - I looked at the thumbnails somewhat enlarged on my little Torch screen, scrolling through. I have no interest in looking again - it was stomach-churning enough the first time. And as time goes on, I am more and more content to let it go, and let them seek their happiness. Or happinesses :cry:

Lynne - Apparently I should really see Little Ashes. But I think Kris has considerable range, and I don't see all her roles as angsty. I like the kinecticism of her acting, and I thought she brought a lot of sensitivity to Joan Jett in The Runaways. And I don't mean that I think Rob is a bad actor - it's a very close call for me as to who I think might be better. I look forward to reading your update!

Sean - You are very brave to be here, and even more to bare your soul like that. I know there was a point in my young adulthood when I considered suicide, and I'm happy I was able to snap back, eventually. I think that feeling different from others is a pretty natural and character-developing part of life, especially adolescence and young adulthood, and that people who seem to effortlessly fit in are often just pretending. It can be useful to fit in, but also to stand out - so here's to standing out! And here's a little giftie for the Still Supporting Kristen (her, not her actions in this case) corner of the HH - although I still can't call it happy - Stewart Sunday. For those who can't stand to look yet, don't click. PS No idea about the MS Office issues. Can you even buy part, or do you need to buy the whole?

Tonise - I admire your self-discipline. I want to let it go. I have this long drive to and from work, and too much time to think. Maybe an audiobook would help. I'm glad you're feeling better and your vacation was such a success! You're such a social girl!

I read something inspirational today, I think from The Four Agreements, along the lines of; We are not meant to meditate, but to live, and love, and be happy. Go and live!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I’m sorry I have been MIA this weekend… On Saturday my company had for a few fanatics a cycling tour. I went along as support. I had hoped to be home on time but it was midnight when I got back. Sunday we went to look at the Kitten and started to make our house kitten proof. That with the Olympics limited my computer time…

Anyway I’m back…

As I posted on fb, I hate that we don’t know which rumors are true and which not. I wish there was a way to know…

Okay, I’m trying to catch up on what I missed here this weekend…

Caryn, I hate that I got so much energy invested in Rob and Kris, I found out this week just exactly how much but I can’t seem to help it.
On how to continue, I think it all depends on what Rob is going to do. Is he going to forgive her. I’m not saying with forgiving it will be back on and all but that at least he can put it aside and continue some sort of friendly or working relationship with her.
They can’t get away from the fact that they still have to be together for at least a month in November. They have time enough to work it out between them, but some sort of relationship must be established to make BD2 do well.

Susie, good point. I think this whole mess will make BD2 less enjoyable for us. However we must not forget that it was shot well before trouble started, even before SWaTH started to shoot, so it’s save to say that the chemistry between Rob and Kris is still real.
I hope the party for your daughter was fun…

Austin, I’m feeling the frustration with you. Everybody who knows I’m a twi-fan is calling me and asking me if I had heard it. I’m almost ready to pull them through the phone/
I had my reservations about Kris and her mistake as well. Still have a little bit. A one time mistake can also be having sex with somebody outside your relationship. If the passion and heat between them was so strong… still more and more reports are saying that this has been going on for a while and than it’s no longer a mistake… that’s deceiving.

Lynne, I think there is a big fat chance that Kris’s career will suffer from this. It will depend on in she’ll be able to maintain her huge fanbase. She’ll be still doing indi-films but the bigger ones, She is casted because she can act but also because she brings in viewer. Fans of Twilight would go watch her as well… but now with half the fanbase angry at her…

Gina, yes, if he has a Cosmopolis press tour for the US release it will be hard. I’m sure his agent will make sure that he won’t be harassed too much.

Brenda, I too hope that fans won’t be booing at Kris at the BD2 red carpet… She doesn’t deserve that. I think she has been pulled through the dirt enough already. She will feel properly ashamed with the complete fanbase falling over her right now…

Tonise, I’m happy you are feeling much better. Did you get enough rest?

Ann-marie, do you have many favorites at the games? At least the Dutch won their first gold yesterday…
Are you doing okay?

Alright, I’m off… I need to buy a lot of kitten stuff later today…before I pick up the kitten, so I need work finished on time…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I just made a mad dash to the vet with our dog, as he had a piece of bone wedged at the back of his throat. Fortunately, they got it out okay and he is fine, but I was pretty stressed out.

Sean - I just wanted to reiterate a couple of the things I said to you on FB earlier. We all feel insecure and the odd one out at times. I don't think anyone here hasn't felt that at some point. Not that I'm trying to devalue what you are saying, I'm just trying to make you aware that most of us, at the very least, would understand what it's like to feel that. Rarely a day goes by when I don't look around me and wonder why I don't have more friends (amongst the people I know, that is). I am 41 and it is only in the past two years (and in the past couple of months, in one case) that I have found three women who I actually feel understand me and want to have a friendship with me because they like ... me. When I was growing up no one seemed to understand me at all, and both my school and church friends seemed totally out of step with me. I seem to be one of those odd people who don't have very many close friends, especially amongst people of the same sex as me. I have more female friends online (as in, people who I've never met face to face) than I ever had in the life I walk around in every day. I am always reluctant to force myself on people because I usually end up offending them and we certainly never get close. I have given up the hope of ever having a female best friend in my day-to-day life, at least, someone who thought of me as their best friend, because it just doesn't ever seem to happen.

Brenda - Little Ashes is great. It is on youtube, and I'd be happy to tell you which bits have explicit stuff in them if you want to avoid that.

marielle - I do think her career will suffer. So many people in the Twilight world liked her because she was so supportive of Rob and in love with him (I don't think anyone will argue that he has a bigger fanbase amongst Twilight fans that she does). Now that is gone, I can see her getting the cold shoulder from many of them. I won't be doing that. As much as I disagree with what she's done, I still admire her acting, and I think she is a person with lots of hangups who has problems relating to people, and I can relate to that.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

Just swinging by for a minute. Was working all weekend, and yesterday was a nightmare of a shift, so looking forward to having the day off today! Think I'm gonna head out and do some shopping with my mom & get some stuff for our holidays :)

I enjoyed the opening of the Olympics, and am trying to watch some of the events. I especially like the gymnastics & diving. Are you all watching them too? We would have loved to have went to an event, but they only have women's football up here in Scotland & all the ones in London were really expensive for the events we wanted to go too. So just watching it on tv instead!

Last night on tv here, there was a programme called "Sex Story: 50 Shades of Grey" (rolls eyes). I recorded it and will watch it later. Can't believe that they actually made a programme about it... Ann Maire, did you watch it?

Also, just wanted to say to Sean, of course we still welcome you & love that you're here! Everyone feels like they don't fit in at somepoint, and tbh, if everyone did fit in all the time, how boring would everything be! And also to Marielle, your new kitten is gorgeous!

Right, I'm off. I might be back later. Hope you are all ok!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!