Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Amanda Beth »

This Thanksgiving I have been given the job of pies...except I don't bake, I cook. Everyone is always like, "no it's so eeeeeeeasy." Say that to the girl who screws up box mix brownies. Luckily, there is a fab pie place nearby. Wahahaha.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Amanda Beth wrote:This Thanksgiving I have been given the job of pies...except I don't bake, I cook. Everyone is always like, "no it's so eeeeeeeasy." Say that to the girl who screws up box mix brownies. Luckily, there is a fab pie place nearby. Wahahaha.
I'm with you, I can buy stuff but my cooking is limited and my baking is nonexistent.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm going to see BD Pt 2 again today. I'm almost as excited at the first time. I'm hoping I'll notice a lot more things this time.

Some people on FB think the cover of my book has the words 'Verindon 1' (up the top) a bit too obviously (it's the name of the series) so we may have to make it a different colour, as it was originally.

marielle - yeah, I can't believe it either. They must have a reasonable assurance of safety, or else they wouldn't be doing it.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all!! Just saying hello! I've spent the day studying Systematic Theology to get ready for a test tonight in our EPIC Ordination class. I'll try and head back in the HH for a longer post after I get home from class. :wave:
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tonise-You're studying Theology!? So awesome. My husband, Jason, got a degree in Theology as well. It's fascinating but a bit too deep for me, I barely passed the two that were required as undergrad credits. Good luck on your test!

Lynne/Marielle-who is shooting in Iraq? What fanfics do you recommend? I even considered picking it up myself and writing my own ending, but it's been so long since I've written anything, I feel a bit rusty.

Amanda Beth-I'm so opposite. I bake, not cook. Still, I didn't feel like attempting it so I just bought the two pies.

Okay, I'm off to study. Jason won't stop bugging me about it, but it has been a while since I've picked up my Algebra book. Ugh. Too distracted this week :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I just got back from my second screening of BD Pt 2 and I just wanted to say that:

CARTER BURWELL IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FREAKING GENIUS!!!!!!!

I heard so much more of his score this time and I absolutely adored it!

The movie improved on me the second time, even the cottage scene, although I still don't know whose idea it was to put that fairy dust around Bella in that shot. I hate it. It's ridiculous. No one in my cinema gasped at THAT bit at the ending, but they did let out a few chuckles at the resolution.

Sarah - Rob is shooting Mission Blacklist, a movie about the capture of Suddam Hussein, later this year, I think, and they are shooting in Iraq. I don't read a lot of fanfiction - I tend to get a bit crazy if things go too far out of canon - but I have written a couple myself. Here is the link to the first and second.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

A short post to start with, because I doubt that I'll be online much tomorrow. I did see my grandma, I have everything for thanksgiving, and I do have some of the Twi books I wanted.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Amanda Beth - I've got an extremely easy recipe, no baking - no cooking - cherry pie/cheesecake sort.
1 package cream cheese - room temp. beaten ( :lol: ) until fluffy
1 can condensed milk - mixed into cream cheese - beat until smooth
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup lemon juice
Mix all together until smooth, pour into graham cracker pie crust and chill 2-3 hours or overnight. Top with cherry pie filling prior to serving or as I did last time I made it, pour cherries into a bowl next to the pie so people can top if they want.
Personally, I could eat the whole pie without anything on it and it's almost impossible to screw up...

Lynn That cover is great! I can't wait to read this. The one chapter you sent me long ago only made me more curious about the rest. Please let me know if/when those of us could get this in the States.
Absolutely agree with you about Carter Burwell. I love his music and plan to get BD 1 & 2 score and soundtracks soon. I wanted to wait on the movies. And seeing Rob play piano, for whatever reason, is always a special treat. ;)

Sarah I know!!! I think any of us who've read MS feel the same way. Luckily for them, the source of the leak has never been named. They'd never see the light of day again. There are a few fan fics that complete it, but I don't think it's the same...
I read it more than once.

From what I can tell, he didn't wait until after Thanksgiving weekend to talk to his mom and he will be moving back with us the week between Christmas and New Year's while they are out of school. It's going to be such a big adjustment, having them both here full time. But I know it's for such a short time. I also think this may be partly the reason why he's moving back. If his big brother goes into the Navy he'll leave out in July and they won't get to spend any time together. If they have grown past the stage where they are going to argue and fight all the time, we may all be alright.

Guess I should get out of here and go to bed. Going to my Uncle's for Thanksgiving and my grandmother's 94th birthday. Then we get to do it all over again Saturday with my mother and stepfather. I may not be able to get on again until Friday.

Goodnight siblings and Happy Thanksgiving!
Grayce
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anyone else watching the parade today? I completely forgot about it until last night, and had to check the time, so I could set my alarm for it. :)

And...I think I'm back for good. I've been posting more consistently lately and with my new job I got, there are days when I get off work before 1pm, which means I'll have plenty of time those days to be able to hop on here. :D

Now time for 'What's New in Ashley's Life?' :lol:

New job, as I said above. Working as a CNA doing in home care (commuting to an area a bit north of here) - which is what I originally wanted to do after finishing my classes anyway, but unless you know the right people it can be hard to get into in home care. All weekends off, free health insurance, and double pay on holidays, plus I'm paid for gas/mileage between clients as well as if I do any errands for or with the clients. :) The only down side is since it's union work, there's a crapload of paperwork I have to do every week.

And speaking of the new job, this means I'm going to (hopefully) be taking a trip over to Indianapolis for a weekend and visit a friend I knew in high school - she's going to Purdue, pre-med student, so she rarely ever makes trips home, even though it's only about 4 hours drive.

Then college. Sadly, because of other things I still haven't gotten my applications sent off. BUT I am making it priority numero uno this next week to get them sent out. Mainly it's just getting all the info together in an envelope and sending it all off now, so it shouldn't be too hard to get done. ;)

And THANKSGIVING!!!! :D Spending it at home, and the fam is coming here. Then going to my other grandmother's house to help her decorate for Christmas Friday, and finally spending the night at my mom's so I can do work rounds with her Saturday so I know what to expect a little better on Monday when I start the new job. :D

and then I'm totally going to go see Breaking Dawn again after I get off work, someday next week, but sssssshhhhhh! You didn't hear that from me ;)
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Grayce I just copied that recipe down for next time! Thanks!!

I'm leaving my house at 8am to be at Thanksgiving by 10am so I can help cook the turkey. Then heading Friday morning (5am) FROM my friend's house to a horse show for the rest of the weekend. I wanted to see BD2 again, but it'll need to wait until next week. :? Bringing my tablet but if I don't get around to it...Happy Thanksgiving!