Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by Chernaudi »

And, just like me, I forgot something.

Sarah: I do know a lot about cars, auto racing, and even history stuff--mostly World War II related stuff. If I get enough time soon, I might just PM you about this stuff and other things you might find interesting that I bring up here from time to time.

I'll be back later, and yes, I have gotten started with writing my story chapter.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by Brienna »

But what do you think non-readers will think of Renesmee and Jacob's ending?

My sister didn't get it. She was happy that Renesmee had Jake. But, she didn't realize that Jake would live forever as well. She asked me about it... Because after thinking about it for a few days, she realized that Jake would one day die. Renesmee is a half-vampire. We know from Nahuel that she will live forever, it's clear. But for my sister, it wasn't clear that Jake could/would also live forever. While I didn't give it a second thought...

Any thoughts on that?
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello all,

I had a nice wee day off today. Went shopping & for lunch with my mom, and then we went to see BD2. I think this is the first time she has ever seen the same movie twice at the cinema LOL! Of course, we enjoyed it again.

I am heading over to the Spoiler HH now. But was wondering, when can we openly talk about it here? Have most people seen it now, apart from Sean?

Also, wanted to see if anyone seen my "Secret Santa" post at the HH on fb? Like I said there, if you don't want to, no problem! Just putting the idea out there :) Let me know what you think!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello folks!

Finally I am able to type up what I thought of the movie. A lot of this has already been said, but I am gonna say it again anyway LOL.

Overall, I absolutely ADORED the film! I'm not sure if it were my favourite (as Twilight holds a special place in my heart, as much as it was changed from the book), but it is defo up there.

So... here goes!

Opening & end credits - The opening of the movie was beautiful! I loved the score playing during it too. Was really nice to see everyone's name before the movie, and especially the line "based on the novel 'Breaking Dawn' by Stephenie Meyer"! The end credits I JUST LOVED! It was truly a wonderful way to end the series & a big shout out to the fans. I loved that everyone got their little aknowledgment & the way that the book covers turned over for Taylor, Rob & Kristen. Defo brought tears to my eyes! It truly felt like the end (*sob*) but it was a wonderful way to go!!

Bella as a Vamp - Like most, I think it seemed to "easy" for her as a newborn. Although, on subsequent viewings, I thought this less & less. I thought Kristen really played her well, and you could see her trying to act all the thoughts & emotions that Bella feels during this time from the book. I thought she looked BEAUTIFUL! The make up & clothes were perfect! And her hair was gorgeous!
I really liked that when Bella first speaks, there is a little "musical" noise in the background, indicating that her voice has changed now & is musical. Glad they put that in!!
I really enjoyed the first hunt (and again, with more viewings, I'm not wondering why she can jump off a cliff no problem, I was going WOW!). I loved that she has no shoes on LOL. ;)
Thought the red eyes were awesome! And LOVED the scene when she tried to act "human". Too funny!! Espeically the blinking LOL!
LOVED the scene where she throws Jake out the house! Kristen nailed this scene! It's just like I pictured it Hahahaha!

Happy Edward - I LOVE THAT HE SMILES SO MUCH! It really is lovely to see such a happy, laughing Edward. Especially loved when he said "or not", when Bella jumps off the cliff during the hunt (the wee smirk that he does!!), and the whole scene of Bella throwing Jacob out ("she's great, right?").

Bella & Edward loving it up! - I personally thought the cottage scene was perfect. I know some people would have preferred it to be a little more raw, but again, it's how I thought that Edward & Bella would be. I can't imagine how awkward it would be to film, but I LOVE all the close ups in the scene. The scene of them lying in front of the fire was beautiful. Again, perfect for Edward & Bella! *sigh* <3
I also loved the scene of Edward asking Bella if she would like a bath, and him starting to undress her. Very swoony-worthy! (and I LOVE the song playing in the background!).

Jacob - I actually really liked him LOL! I think BD2 defo felt like it did to me in the novels... there is a definite change of the feel of the books between Twilight to BD, and I think the movies represented this too. I generally hated Jacob from halfway during NM, all the way through Eclipse, and the first bit of BD. I really enjoyed being in his head for book 2 of BD, and in book 3, I like him... same with the film! Taylor was great here. Favourite scenes are him telling Bella about imprinting (of course!) and telling Charlie that he is a wolf LOL! I also thought it was sweet that he was staring out the window watching Rosalie with the baby... especially while eating a sandwich LOL.

The funny bits - This movie certainly had some laughs! :lol: Bella throwing Jake out, him telling Charlie, Emmett's jokes & looks, Edward's expressions while Bella is trying to expand her shield... but the best part is, I still love her sitting in that chair at the start too fast & blinking too much LOL. Perfect!

Renesmee - I think I might be the only person that thought the CGI baby was cute... LOL! And I'm not even joking Haha! While I wish that Renesmee didn't grow up as fast as she did, I understand why they had to do that. I thought Mackenzie Foy was really good - and she is so beautiful! She could actually be their child!!

Other Vamps - I wish more time was spend on them, but understand why they couldn't. My favourite was by far Garrett! I always imagined Benjamin younger, and can he actually make fire from his fingers?? Would that not set him up in flames??

The Fight - Wow. I knew something was coming, but since I had heard fans were happy with the film, I knew it could not have been real (or at least, I really hoped so!!). Poor Carlisle's head... And Jasper!! :( And Seth! And when Leah saved a Cullen... The actual fighting itself was very well done. Loved Bella & Edward working together for get Aro, espeically when Bella ripped his head off (reminded me of Alice doing that to James in Twilight!).
The whole cinema nervously laughed when we realised it was a vision. Whew!

Special Effects & Hair! - Were sooo much better this time I thought! The running fast was really cool, the wolves were great. Only thing that bugged me were the fact that the "sparkling" wasn't very sparkly! I thought Eclipse has definitely had the best sparkling effects. Also, Bella & Edward SHOULD have been sparkling in the meadow at the end!! I missed that!
The majority of people's hair were really good! Prolly the worst was Carlisle, but it was defo an improvement from Eclipse LOL.

THE LAST SCENE! Wow. Just WOW. Firstly, changing this to the meadow was a great choice. A Thousand Years is the PERFECT song!! Especially with the new first verse. The memories that we see are wonderful... I espeically like that they actually had Bella's first sight of Edward (in the cafeteria) and of him introducing himself (I now can't help but hear "hello, I'm Edward Cullen" while listening to this song now...which isn't nessassarily a bad thing LOL). While this scene is perfect in it's own right, it is also a great shout out to us, the fans. Showing us ALL the great memories from this wonderful story. I just loved it. I can't wait for the dvd so I can just watch this scene over and over!
I have a couple of nit-picky things though... I don't think Bella would show Edward him leaving her in the woods LOL and I wish that she had showed him proposing to her. But apart from that - I LOVED IT!!!

FOREVER! I cannot express how happy it makes me that the finished with the text from the book! "and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever". JUST. SIMPLY. BRILLIANT!

I'm sure I have more to add, but I will pop back later.

Very sad that it's all over. So thankful for the wonderful cast that brought this story to life for us. Couldn't have asked for a better cast!!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Marielle, I was just yanking your chain and having some fun at the irony that you were concerned about spoilers and yet got to see the movie before anyone else. I was also letting off a little frustration that everyone had seen the movie and I hadn't yet, and the only thing I had were these crummy stupid trailers.

I was also drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Good stuff.

I hit the Lex and everyone was talking in !!!!!!!!!! and ALL CAPS, and OMG this is THE BEST EVER!!!!

Beer + Envy = Snark

I swear my wife was testing me. So, Sunday, we got to the movie and was waiting in line and she's talking about what a great job that guy did that played Arlo. ARLO? You mean Arlo Guthrie? I couldn't figure it out, and then I said ARO, you mean ARO! Yeah, him. She screws up names like my mom does.

I time it right so I get the coke and popcorn right before the line starts moving in, so she holds my popcorn and the bag is now greasy, so she grabs the napkins I have and they all spill to the floor. No problem, I'm a great guy, I pick them up and she does it again, and then she does it one more time for good measure.

"oooh, this popcorn is too salty", chomp chomp, smack smack. By the time we had our seats all the salty popcorn was gone and the bland bottom half was all for me.

But, THAT'S OK, because she's my Bella (kinda sorta). She paid the price, though. All that salty popcorn required a lot of coke, and she had to use the restroom and got back just in time to see the very end of "The Host" trailer, which they hadn't shown on Saturday.

The movie was awesome. Superb. Yeah, it had a few underwhelming moments as well. Everything I was sure would be awesome was just OK, and everything I thought would be a disaster was "OMG, this is the BEST EVER!!!!".

I want the Blueray.

Sean, scrape the money together and go see it. Kristen is sexy and superb and she has a cottage fireworks moment. It's so cheesy and funny and yet sexy and cool.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

openfire wrote:I have a couple of nit-picky things though... I don't think Bella would show Edward him leaving her in the woods LOL and I wish that she had showed him proposing to her. But apart from that - I LOVED IT!!!
Even though I agree with you...
After showing him all of that, Bella says; "Now you see, noone has ever loved someone as much as I love you" (not the exact line). But, because of that, that little piece did make sense.
She was showing him exactly how devastated she was when he left, because she loves him that much. Really didn't like that bit at first, but I can understand how it makes sense...
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good Evening All

I've had a strange day today I just was feeling a bit down I don't know why I just was having crappy bad stupid thoughts But My Freinds Ali and Katy Came Round So I put Twilight on and that cheered me up My Mums been at the Eye Hospital Most of the Afternoon It was just a general check up but they've changed her eye drops because the ones she was on weren't helping but apparently if these don't work then she will have to have a small operation which she isn't too keen on not that I blame her

Im trying to figure out when I can get to the cinema this week I'm hoping to get a couple of viewings In

It's all quiet on the Rob front I wonder what he's doing with himself

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings!! Just a quick hello today here in the HH. I'm headed over to the spoiler thread to maybe leave a few of the comments I have now formed in my head after the 4th viewing. Then, I have to eat a quick bite of dinner and study Systematic Theology until bed time. The rest of the week will be kind of wild for me. I have school tomorrow to end up our week before Thanksgiving break, study time tomorrow night, my EKG on Wednesday, and Thanksgiving dinner with the family on Thursday. I hope to get back to the theater for the 5th viewing sometime Friday. I'm having withdrawals today!! :?
Y'all have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't make it back in before then! :D
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Well, I came thinking I could finally say a few things I've been thinking, but I just can't yet. :? It's like when I do, it'll REALLY all be over, and I'm just not ready for it to be over yet! :cry: So... I've read all your posts instead. I'll speak of it eventually...
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I was surprised too about the NM memories being added, but that might have been an original oversight of SM when expanding the series. I say might, because even then Bella might not want to show Edward that particular period (although she should). However, the book jumps from the original TW memories to BD memories (Forever Dawn?), in chronological order but skipping NM and EC entirely.

* First seeing him
* The meadow
* Edward finding her after the James attack

And then,

* The wedding
* Isle Esme
* The cottage

This might end up being a simple concession to the films, showing us moments from all of them.

Stephenie signed off on that, though. I doubt she would leave her favorite moment in the series completely up to BC and MR.

My theory is SM originally wrote that particular part for Forever Dawn and deemed it absolutely perfect without any need for further editing once the series had expanded. So, she figured that part was in the bag and didn't have to think about rewriting it later for BD. An oversight, because I have a hard time believing that, at the very least, Bella doesn't show Edward the moment when she sees him again under the clock tower, even if she had decided to hold back on painful memories.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”