Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

I've had a nice, slow day. I did finally get to play on the PS2 for the first time in god knows how long. Might play some more on it later, and it's strange how certain things that you haven't done in like forever come back to you.

It's 2 days from Christmas right now and it's been kinda slow at TL. To let you know, I probably won't be online until late on Christmas because of dinner and stuff. But I do intend on working on Chapter 3 of BBA Twilight, because I have a pretty good thing gong with that one. I also might get some groceries tomorrow, too--I hope that traffic isn't too insane.

Other than that, happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas if I forget to mention any of that tomorrow. :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Wow - Have I really been gone since Tuesday?

Being Toastmaster went really well. Sonny Boy is home now and yes, his finals went well. I' have two weeks break from teaching - whoo hoo! We got our tree finally, and it was FREE. The Boy Scouts gave up on selling the last few trees and just put the free sign out. I just finished decorating it yesterday morning. Yikes!

Yesterday, I was first in line at the Swedish meat market at 8:30am for their 9am opening. The temperature was 9 degrees, but we hearty Minnesotan's were dressed for it. By the time they opened there were 20 people in line. It was very festive! I bought Swedish meatball mix, lefse, lingonberries, and pickled herring for Christmas. We have a lot of Scandinavian heritage up here in the Northland.

Today, I made 100 meatballs for Christmas. Luckily, the meat market also sells the gravy, so I don't have to make that. We're going to my parents' house tomorrow afternoon and will spend the night and then also Christmas Day there too. Daughter Dear is in sunny Buenos Aires, so we'll be a little sad not to have her with us.

Tracy - It's so nice of you to post even though you are so busy. It sounds like fun stuff though. I hope you enjoy your whirlwind Christmas visit with the in-laws, and then the music. Today hubs and I joined along with the choir to sing excerpts from the Messiah.

Marielle - Wow! You are working so hard! I would be exhausted. You can chose the color for my room. I trust your judgement. Thanks for thinking of me and the other U.S. sisters who might someday come visit you.

Lynne - Your holiday sounds like it was magical. From what I can recall, it seems like you really needed the break. Do you feel refreshed now?

Sarah - I'm so sorry you've been having troubles with insomnia. Do you think it will get better once the busy holiday season is over? You must have an immaculate house by now!

Sean
- Cold weather? Well, we're used to it up here, and I think it is invigorating. You've gotta dress for it, though. And of course I like my house to be toasty warm.

Suzan
- I went over to Robsessed and only had time to watch one video - I chose the one with a name close to yours - was that yours? I notice it is in the finals. Hey - did you ever read what I wrote to you in response to what that horrible lady said to you? I'll try to find it...Here's my post, scroll down to where I address you - there are two links.

Amanda Beth
- Time zone travel is exhausting. Did you go from the east coast to the west cost, of something more?

Songbird - Hi there! I hope all is well with your family. Are you singing for Christmas?

I don't think Caryn has ever been away this long from the Lex.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Have a wonderful holiday!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Tracy I'm glad your FIL is better. Yeah, missing the guy :(

Susie LA to NYC...and I'm finally on east coast time only to be going home in two days lol
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

I'm sorry I'm not here to give presents...
I'm here because I was feeling a bit reflective...(I don't know if this is the proper word for it).. anyway..

I was thinking about all the complaining I have been doing about this bloody year. With all the stress of the last two months it seems like the whole year has been like hell...
However, I went over all the pics from my trip to Canada and our meet up in Chicago... I remembered that this was actually an amazing year... so much has happened... but most important I have met some amazing people...
for me to find friends that are actually just like me... crazy, into fanfic, into movies and books was brilliant. I don't think I have the connection with anyone here in my group of friends than I have with you all... I was amazed by how we all connected and seemed to be able to chat like we see each other every day...I never had friends like that and I really miss you all... I wish it was possible to meet up with you all more often... it was amazing!!!!!!

Susie, here in Holland the christmas shopping craze was today in Holland!!!! with the move we are almost forgetting it's christmas so when we went out to get some food for tonight we were shocked by all the people at the stores.
Yes, I'm exhausted! though I have been sleeping like a baby now I'm doing a lot of physical work...
The colors were actually a compromise between my bf and me... I wanted more warm colors than we have now... so I choose a royal (or midnight) blue for the bedrooms, my bf is all about bright colors so he choose the red... besides that we are using dark grey and white.

Tracy, I don't have a photo bucket account but I'm finding a way to post them...

Okay I need to start packing....
to all I have missed... I hope you have a great christmas and don't get too stuffed!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I just popped in quickly to wish everyone a happy Christmas. It's Christmas morning here and we'll be heading off to morning service in a few minutes. Have a wonderful time, everyone!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Word of warning about the weather immediately following Christmas: Mr Weatherman back again, and, as always, I'm not bringing good tidings exactly. There's a Winter Storm Watch for my area (Mansfield, Ohio) from Wednesday morning to Thursday morning. Also in the effected areas of Winter Storm Watches/Warnings and maybe even Blizzard warnings are Caryn, Jennifer, Tracy, and anyone living from New York State to just inside of the north Texas boarder.

And Tonise might have to look out for severe weather Wed/Thurs, too. Be careful everyone, and have a Merry Christmas--at least the weather will hold off until the day after Christmas.

Merry Christmas: As I mentioned, I won't be online most likely until real late tomorrow night, so I wanna do this now: Merry Christmas everyone :) I hope that it's great for everyone here :)

I'll be trying to work on my writings again, and playing some PS2 stuff again. Top Gear is still reruns that I've seen almost a million times already. I'm gonna try and rest up to help my mom with dinner tomorrow--we do have three turkey breasts to get made. And then we might have to get money out of the bank, because we think that the Pontiac might need a new starter, unless my father has one laying around or he can fix it--maybe not being able to go into work on Wed or Thurs might be a blessing in disguise.

BD2 Box Office news: One bit of Twilight Saga news: BD2 will most likely break the $800 million barrier before it withdraws from NA box offices. And, I've heard, it'll be the first TS film to open in China--a huge, untapped market. That might push BD2 to over a billion dollars possibly in BO take if that happens.

I'll be back later, and have a Merry Christmas :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Merry Christmas!!

I hope you all have a wonderful celebration!

Lynne - Hope you had a good time at your parents. I would have loved to see your video too. All the videos on Robsessed are amazing. People have put so much effort into them. Will you still finish it and post it for us to see?

Sean - Look at it from the bright side; at least you'll have a white Christmas. I don't think I've ever had one. I hope everyone survives the storm alright. Regarding Renesmee: I thought her body temperature was like Jacob's; meaning she would be so warm, she wouldn't feel the cold.

Tracy - Christmas dinner was great. It's always so much fun when our family comes together. Or at least that part of the family: my grandmother and her husband, my aunt and uncle with my two nieces and us. There's so much drama going on with the other end of the family that we might not even get a celebration there. Oh wel, every family has its problems, right. Looks like you have quite the busy Christmas weekend. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Sarah - Sounds like you have a busy Christmas period as well. Hope your celebrations were fantastic. You'll have to excuse me because I have no idea about sports in America, but what kind of sport do the Seahawks play?

Susie - I imagine you're an amazing tree-decorator! Even though it was last minute, at least you have a tree. We don't have one this year. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Your daughter will be there in spirit, I'm sure. Yes, my screenname for the vido at Robsessed is Suz_qnv. I feel so honored to be in the final round among all those fantastic videos! That's all the price I need. I did read your respons to me. Thank you for the links! I looked up the book, watched the video and did some more research on being introverted. I recognize myself in a lot of that. It's why I do much better on here where I have time to think about my responses than in real live interactions. As soon as I save up a little after the expensive December month, I'm probably going to read up on the subject. I think it might really help me.

Marielle - I think I never got around to congratulating you on buying your new house. So sorry. Congratulations! I hope the decorating is going alright and that you still have some time to celebrate Christmas. Wonderful words on us HH gals. Even though I couldn't meet everyone, I feel just as blessed knowing you all online. :)

I'm going to bed now. Merry Christmas morning, already. (Word of the post: "wonderful". Haha!)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! I took a nap this afternoon so I'm WIDE AWAKE (and have watched A Christmas Story three times). In unforeseen events, in the middle of xmas eve dinner it started to snow!! It's stopped, but we had a nice white layer by the end of the evening. There is supposedly more on its way, but not until after I leave.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Amanda: We have quite a bit of snow and ice on the ground out here--we have what has to be freezing mist right now where I'm at.

But, as you said, there's plenty to come--where on Wed-Thurs, we're supposed to get up to 6-10 inches of snow. And this is supposed to be from NY state to parts of North East Texas, north of the DFW area. And imagine that I might have to go out in that stuff unless work gets called off for the day. I have to get in touch with my boss about that before Wed.

I'll be back later :)

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I dearly hope Santa comes to those who can't sleep because it's another one of those nights..oh well :) I'm learning to accept it as part of life at this rate!

Yesterday was a blur of a nonstop 6 hour shift, then dinner with my MIL. Luckily she was understanding about how tired I was..there wasn't as much drama this year as there was last year, thank God!

Susie- I think is all the stress, we've had quite the insane month and I've been busy every day off I've had. I have a hard time slowing my brain down enough to concentrate on anything, let alone sleep! I would be house cleaning but I'm afraid I'd trip and wake Jason up so mostly I surf the web or Pinterest :)

Suzan- oh sorry, I forgot to mention they're our American football team for Washington :) I'm surprised Stephanie never referenced them in the books!

Lynne- hope your service went well :) I was sad we just didn't have time to go this year!

Marielle- I hope you got a chance to celebrate Christmas a little and not just paint :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]