Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: Problem is that we don't have all the facts, and other than the apologies, we have nothing official to go on--all the rumors and theories are just speculation right now, and like you and everyone else, I want answers. This is just very sad and frustrating, and maybe I should take some time off if I'm hurting too much. At least I know that you all will support me no matter what I do in that regard. Just really, really hurt and confused right now, like the rest of you.

I already won't go to IMDB, and I respect your view point, as you do mine, and if Kristen and Rob can work things out, it's gonna take time, just like us getting over this.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post, but I'm done for the day. I'm gonna get some breakfast (yes, at this ungodly hour), put on some Gran Tursimo 4 and maybe a WWII shooter on my PS2, catch Iron Chef America, and some Married with Children. I can count on Ed O'Neill to bring me some laughs as Al Bundy.

Good night everyone, and sleep tight :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean, you're right. Another problem is that we will probably never have all the facts, and that's tough to deal with. It's difficult to divorce ourselves from the issue, and what the media outlets report cannot be trusted (that is still true - this was correct, it seems, but that's not the norm) remember to be skeptical about what they feed you. They will milk it for all it's worth.

I was thinking about Kristen today (my boss sent me home early because I had some overtime owing and I was "distracted all day". I wonder why!) and she's always struck me as an insecure person. Most of us could probably relate. Rob had seemed to bring a little more relaxation to her, which was probably needed. But I did wonder if she got scared. Perhaps she was scared that things were getting so committed with Rob and decided to sabotage it before he had the chance to leave her. It's insecure behaviour at its worst, but I think it's a plausible explanation. It may not be right, and we'll probably never know, but I can see how someone who was insecure might behave that way. She seems to have a bit more depth than someone who just does these things because they're a horrible person (not that there are too many people who are really like that - most people have reasons behind their actions, they're just reasons that we usually wouldn't agree with). But an insecure person can easily throw something away, or even try to give something to someone that they shouldn't, because of their insecurity.

I should be letting all this go. It's ridiculous being hung up like this over people I don't know, and might not even get on with if I did meet them. I've actually been praying for Rob on and off all day, because I'm so worried he'll go off the deep end. At least I know that God loves him too, and cares about what he's going through, and God knows what the truth is!

Sorry if I sound insane.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

MoonlessNight wrote:
You know, its funny that I always hated that Summit/Lionsgate has Taylor there with Rob & Kris, making it a triangle thing. Now I think it was a great idea, because he will be the buffer on the red carpet in November. Imagine the awkwardness at BD2 if it was just Rob & Kris.
Oh, good point. And it's probably a REALLY good thing Taylor is so skilled in martial arts.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

That's very funny, Kayla! Yes, I have been thinking that Taylor's good natured attitude will probably be helpful. But, as I was saying on FB, I wouldn't be surprised if Kristen pulls out of much of it, if only for her own safety, especially at the premiere. There will be fans who will want to hurt her ... literally and figuratively.

Who would have thought that our new beautiful Halfway House would be christened with this much misery?

Yes, and welcome to Syolax6 and Moonless Night. Please feel free to stay after we all recover from this!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

I see the discussion is still totally about the cheating thing… While I understand that it needs to be discussed I really don’t like it…

It’s strangely upsetting for me to read everybody’s opinion about it. Don’t get me wrong I believe everybody has a right to say something about it and everybody is entitled to their own opinion but this whole mess is upsetting me more than I like to admit…

Lynne, we all need a group hug right now I think… *global group hug*!!!!!!!
You know, I think that’s why we all react so violently, it feels like she did it to us. We have no reason to feel that what so ever, but I think the general fandom is hurt by the fact that the fairytale is over before the saga has ended. It’s no fairytale romance anymore and it will be hard for many to distinguish between reality and the Saga.
I think if they had broken up after the BD premiere, people would be angry with both of them for acting like they were in love…

I think it’s time again to see Rob as an individual and not Robsten!

As far as the rumors are now, is that Rob has left their home (though I haven’t seen pics of that yet) and that for some reason he was more upset with Kris’s public apology than with the cheating. I read somewhere that he would have preferred that she had called him to discus it all first but apparently she didn’t have the decency to deal with it all in private and that was what did it for him… (don’t know if the rumors are true)….

Jaclyn, yes, I hate the fact that it’s everywhere… you can’t even turn on the tv and being smacked in the face with it… I’m so happy the Olympics starts today, finally something else to report on.
I won’t hate Kris for what she did, I hope neither of us will, though we may be upset with her for a while… it think it will depend on the fact if Rob will hate her or not. I think he is a decent guy and would be at least social towards her…I guess he still loves her no matter what, the trust is just gone.

I’m happy that we still have about 5 months to go before the BD premiere. They have time to work it out…

Ginnie, I hope you’ll be back soon. I miss you…

Susie, fb has been slow the whole day…
I think your advise is quite harsh but in most cases you are right, people who cheat once often do it again… however there are exceptions…it all depends on Kris and if this really was a one time brain freeze or if she really had been with that guy more often. And if Rob is willing to let her prove she can be trusted… she really needs to crawl through the mud for that one… but I have seen couples coming out stronger than before.

MoonlessNight, welcome to the HH. Normally we are quite the happy bunch but as you understand with the current situation it feels like a bomb has dropped. I hope you visit more often and become a regular member…we can always use more sisters and brothers…
I don’t think the apology was written by Kris, if it was written by her it would have held a few f-bombs…I think she was too confused and her agency stepped in.

Kayla, gods I love your humor… at least there is somebody here that sees the bright side of things…

Alright I really have to work…
See you all tomorrow!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - that article (which could have been misquoting or completely fabricating the lot for all we know) didn't say that she didn't call. It quoted Rob saying that she only needed to call two people: him and Rupert's wife. So I guess she could have called him, and then gone on with the public thing as well. I don't know. I'm just speculating.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning all~
Yes, it's been a long few days since I was last here. Sadly, I look back at that post and wish desperately that I'd been right. It seems as if the world has changed significantly since then. I suppose I should start by apologizing that I have been MIA. As most of you know, I have been glued to FB and many of the blogs trying to follow and unravel this craziness. I suppose that, to some, it does seem ridiculous to feel so invested in people we do not know personally, who have no idea of our individual existence, and who are public figures about whom we do not know other than what they show. And, yes, it feels like this has gone on a bit longer than it should, it has consumed so much time and energy. I think so many within the fandom are just ready for it to be over and to start moving on.

One reason I think it has continued for what feels like forever is the delayed nature of the revelations. It started Monday night with the leaks that hit like a bomb. By the time the dust settled Wednesday and the full "story" had been revealed and we had some confirmation, people were just trying to process and accept. I think the furor would have died down to contemplation and moving on if the full photographic evidence hadnt hit yesterday. That stirred everything back to chaos. With the original published pictures, it was a bit easier to maybe believe Kristen's statement of a temporary indiscretion and her apology and sadness. People wanted to believe it, be able to chalk it up to a mistake made in the heat of a moment and one which she regretted profoundly. So, they were willing to do so, for the most part. But, once the full compliment of pictures hit, it was impossible to do so. And, I honestly believe that a large part of people's anger was due to the fact that they felt like she was just trying to continue the lie, continue playing all involved for fools. The whole first-public-admission as a part of the apology viewed in light of those photos.... It was too much. People reacted harshly, angrily. And, truthfully, I feel the anger was justified.

The excuses of it being a mistake and a symptom of youth do not wash with me. A mistake is an unintentional action which has negative consequences. There was nothing unintentional about her behavior. Not only did she make a repeated intentional decision to act, and also to hide her actions, she made a concious decision to lie about them. A mistake is spilling the milk at breakfast or forgetting an appointment. Behaving in a sexual way with a person other than your committed partner, no matter how long that relationships has been going on, and then actively hiding it and lying to people about it is cheating. Let's call it what it is. And, youth is not and should not be a factor. If you are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, you are old enough to know better. Rob was not cheating on her (and I'm sorry but the assertion that we cant be sure he never has because we don't truly know them seriously burns me), wasn't abusing her, and only ever played the devoted and doting partner. No, we don't know that there wasn't tension or arguments between them. I assume they had the same issues as any young couple, and yes, they are complicated by the scrutiny under which they lived. But, if you love someone, if you are committed enough to share your life in ways like living together, travelling together, supporting each other's professional accomplishments, and sharing friends and family, you are commited enough to work through issues like a grown up and you should sure as hell know that ANY level of physical infidelity is wrong, period.

Please do not mistake me. I do not place the full blame on Kristen at all. There were two people in that car, in that park, embracing each other, kissing each other, and all the other things I wish I could beach out of my brain. Rupert Sanders is equally as culpable as Kristen. He had a wife and has children. He acted as atrociously as she did and I am equally as disgusted by his behavior as hers. And, if I followed his career and was involved in his fandom, I would rail against him. But I don't and I'm not so it makes no sense to do so other than to place blame equally at his feet.

Neither do I accept the assertion that his age, marital status or position as Kristen's director places any more culpability on his shoulders. Age and marital status do not make the offense any more or less egregious, only the general perception of it. As for his position, I dont really place any credence to that either. Kristen holds greater power in the business then he does, regardless of their age difference and roles on a film set. A production company is not going to automatically finance a film for a man who has exactly one feature film to his credit, no matter how successful it was. And actors are not clammoring to work with him. Kristen, on the other hand, commands an immediate respect to a project and has the ability to make and break careers. Or, at least, she did. How all this will effect her career is still to be determined.

So what is next and where do we go from here? Well, I don't think we really know yet. We do know that we will all continue to follow, support and love Rob and The Saga. Some of us may continue to support and follow Kristen as well. I don't have any problem with that. A part of me is grateful for it. She will need all the support she can get because I think she really screwed up her life and the only true way to recover from that is with real support and honest truth. And, I have every faith that we will all support each other in whatever we individually choose to do, and we will respect each other's choices in that.

We also know that Rob and Kristen, while still individuals, had become one entity in many ways. We knew that they were entwined in each other's lives, each a part of the other, both in public and in private. Why else would we so willingly accept the monimer 'Robsten'? Now, we have to reconcile that that is no more and return to knowing them only as individuals and not in how they effect each other's lives. Honestly, that will be hard. Not only because the idea seemes so foreign even four days ago. But, also because they will cintinue to effect each other for a while to come. Emotionally, they will both be working through all of this for a long while. Professionally, we know that they still have commitments and obligations. Yeah, that's just going to be painful and awkward. And, what's more, those events will be like feeding frenzies for the media and the fans.

As for the future of their relationship, I personally do not see how they could reconcile. As much as Kristen may be reportedly trying to make amends and pursuing his forgiveness, she blindsided and humiliated him in a way we know he found despicable and unforgiveable. So, if (and that is a giant IF) he were to even to consider any kind of future relationship at any level, let alone a romantic one, it will, I think, be very far in the future. At the very least, I don't see any way the would reconcile during anything to do with The Saga. Not the least reason is because it would just seem so fake. If people thought it was for publicity before, can you imagine how them reconciling before promo after all of this would be viewed?

Bottom line: I will continue to offer my full support and love to Rob. He has always owned me in a way that I seriously struggle to explain. How I will reconcile my issues with Kristen I cannot say at this point. It is all still to fresh. But Rob... That's never been a question.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I know that you all won't agree with me, but this is how I feel about this whole situation:

I'm still in the mood to support both Kristen and Rob, but this whole deal just reinforces why I hate H'wood. Kristen and Rob are suffering enough, as are Liberty and Rupert, but they keep running with and rubbing everyone's noses in it. I really f-ing hate H'wood. I wish that the US Air Force would just blast it off the GD map! I know that I wouldn't survive there, and I don't think that K&R will now, either.

This whole thing reminds me of a section of lyrics from the song "Suicide is Painless", best known as the theme from M*A*S*H:

"A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
'Is it to be or not to be?'
And I replied, "Oh, why ask me?!' "

That's how I really feel right now. I have no answers, and I really don't think that anyone does other than the parties involved, and it'll take them time to sort this whole mess out. We need to give them that time, and try and not let this trouble us too much. I know, I let it get to me to the point where I was having mood swings, yelling at my brothers for talking to me about it, repeatedly getting on the verge of crying, and until 3:30 last night, not having eaten for two days. Stressing too much about this is no good, and I believe that we need to give each other some space, because I already know that my opinions will run afoul of some of your views.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so upset at what Kristen did, the hurt she caused to Rob, but I'm not mad at her, I'm mad at her actions, and I want answers (hence my quoting of those lyrics), but H'wood gossip people know that this will make them money, and money is the root of all evil. So screw H'wood right now.

Sorry if I upset anyone, but this is what I'm feeling right now, and no one has the damn god-given right to drag anyone though the mud over this, not me, not you, and not the tabloids for damn sure.

But I'm gonna try and take my mind off of this as much as possible until Rob says something or Kristen provides an explanation to her actions. I'm gonna watch racing this weekend, I'm gonna play on the PS2. I'm gonna drive like hell on GT4, I'm gonna shoot Nazis in my WWII games and imagine that they're my inner demons and negative emotions, I'm gonna eat what I want, when I want. So on that, who's with me! :)

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Wow, Caryn, looks like you've put your grant writing skills to good use today! Very well articulated. I love how you said we'd all support each other even if we had differing opinions on Kristen's integrity. We don't want to become a divided HH - with pro and con Kristen groups. That would not be like us at all! For me personally, I agree with your bottom line.

Sean
- I'm sorry you're hurting so much on this. You'll have to try to distance yourself from Kristen the person and focus more on your love of her as an actress/model. Do you think that will help a little?

Lynne - I think your theory on insecurity could be spot on. Rob seems to be a more well-adjusted person (although, again, how can we REALLY know what these celebrities are like in real life?)

My concern (after taking into consideration the parties involved in this mess) is like many of you - how will this affect our experience with BD2? We were all looking forward to this Grand Finale, and now it just won't be as nice. My only hope is that by the press junket, Rob and Kris will be on speaking terms.

------

I know we've limited our posting to the scandal in the past few days, but I did want to let you know that I'll be busy this weekend with a HUGE going away party for my daughter that is on Sunday. She leaves on August 15, but we're having the party now because Sonny has circus shows for the next 3 weekends. Our AC stopped working on Sunday and luckily we're getting a new system installed today. It's been a horribly hot sticky week in our house, so I wasn't very productive.

TRY TO HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND, EVERYONE.