Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Songbird »

Update: My friend's dad is dying...probably won't make it through the night. His lungs are failing and he has a machine helping him breathe. My friend is just trying to make it there before he dies now.

Ann marie, that's nice about the promotion. And have SOOO much fun at the BD2 with your friends!

Sarah, Math at 7:30 am? You are very dedicated! I don't think I would have a brain for that that early. I had an 8:00 math class in college once, but I was younger then...I guess you are younger, too...but I don't think I would have done that if I didn't have the class...I wouldn't have voluntarily studied math early in the morning if I didn't have to. Go you!!! Sorry you got woken up early though.
How about "More than my life" for the hoodie?
Hrmmm...better a pillowcase than the real Rob or Taylor, right? :P
So it's the full version, just small print? Not like...a cliff notes type version?
I saw your message to Tracy...I think the spending is going to be ok...Obama actually has had slower spending than the last several presidents and the spending he did was to stimulate the economy...it's actually headed in the right direction. There's been a LOT of misinformation out there about it, but 3rd party studies showed that his spending was slower than Bush's. And now with the us pulling out of Afghanistan, there won't be as much spending on defense...there might be some initial spending for "Obamacare" but eventually that should even out, too. I know everyone is concerned about spending, but if he continues the way he's been going, it will be fine. It may take more than just this term to get the economy back on track though, after the huge bailouts from before Obama took office...the economy didn't get this way overnight...it's slowly improving, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it take 3 or 4 presidential terms to see a big improvement. But I can understand why you are concerned...it's not a good situation. I pray for Obama regularly that God will guide him and help him be a good leader. I don't think there is an ideal candidate, but I have faith that we're headed in the right direction.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm working for Rochelle today, but from home. I'm editing another book for her. I'm finding this one a bit wearying. I sent her some different fonts yesterday that I thought might be good for the cover of my book, but I haven't heard back from her yet about whether or not she likes any of them.

Songbird - I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. I was just praying before. I hope she does make it in time. Yes, it was great of LIttle Man to win an award like that!

Ann Marie - I'm soooo envious of you going to the premiere! I wish I had the opportunity to do something like that.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Update: My friend's dad didn't make it. It sounds like she made it in time to say goodbye, though, so that's all I can ask for. It's in God's hands now.

Lynne, I hope she likes the fonts. Does she have veto power on it or will she just try to steer you in a different direction if she doesn't like them?
Thank you so much for the prayers...I know she needs them. I guess I do, too. I practically grew up there. He always had a smile and a hug for me. I will miss him, too.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm probably not gonna do too much responding to individual posts, since there aren't too many here and I think that I have a lot to say to about a few things to everyone here. I'll get the bad and the ugly out of the way first, and leave plenty of space for the good. I just have to get a few things off my chest, be it bad, ugly, or even good. And there will be plenty of good, and even cute LOL, even if I have to make this message a damned novel.

Kristen and Rob, the Today Show, and the media: This'll be a bit ugly, but I also hope to be funny and entertaining at times, too. I already posted my feelings on how Kristen responded to the Robsten relationship question here yesterday and how she was annoyed and testy, but tried not to be too uncivil. Well, Rob was Savannah's victim today, and here's basically what he said:

"What I want to ask is - we get asked it all the time and it's funny, because everyone always asked for like four years - who is actually asking? Is it in your contract?"--Rob Pattinson.

He seemed to maybe be a bit more diplomatic than Kristen was, but his annoyance was pretty thinly veiled and his "who is actually asking? Is it in your contract" was going for the throat in my opinion. I'd like to say that Rob was trying to go for the throat in as diplomatic way as he possibly could. However, that's perhaps a contradictory statement--that's just like someone saying "I'm gonna kill ya', but I'm goin' to be civil 'bout it"--like that statement makes a lot of sense? Odd duality I suppose. Anyways, I think that Rob's pissed-offedness was said though his teeth. The words were diplomatic, but the message was a clear as it was yesterday with Kristen: We're here to promote a movie, not our personal lives.

I personally have to question how smart Savannah is, or if her bosses at NBC Universal/Comcast/General Electric were trying to pressure her to try and get "the scoop" on Kristen and Rob as far as their relationship status. But the precedent was set for the previous four years with Kristen and Rob--hands off our relationship, perceived or real. Why would Kristen and Rob change the rules now? Savanna knew what their game is, and I firmly believe that she knew what she was trying to do, and her bluff IMO was called both times. Kristen may've been a bit of a smart a$$ and beat around the bush, while Rob was cool, but went for the throat.

One theory I heard is that because Savannah is a news journalist, she tried to get the "inside story" from the "horses' mouth". That seems to run to the polar opposite with say Josh Horowitz or Ben Lyons, both of whom have friendships with R&K, and know how to get the best answers out of them, because Josh and Ben are entertainment reporters, not news journalist. I have a friend who works for the local newspaper, and she has rules that she has to follow that aren't just set by the paper, but based on her own journalistic integrity. But saying that, Sav should've stayed on topic and not crossed from film promo into K&R's personal ground.

That's what pissed me off with both Kristen and Rob more than anything. Kristen could've been more diplomatic like Rob was (remember the "rape comment" crisis), and both should've known that there was a good chance that the question would eventually get asked, but at the same time, in defense of both Kristen and Rob, Savannah, based on the past four years, should've known better herself than to stray there, because they'd both turn that question against her in their own ways. We can argue and disagree on which method was better at the goal that K&R wanted to achieve, but I think that both comments were deserved by Sav. I personally hope for this and other reasons (which I'll get to soon) that Kristen and Rob stay far away from the Today Show as possible, at least until the current hosts of the show get fired or quit their jobs. Just my opinion.

K&R and the fandom vs the media (Or me vs the media): My big issue over all, and it's not just with Kristen and Rob and the Today Show, is just how the media conducts itself as a whole. I just feel that it too often plays down to the lowest common denominator and often doesn't stay "true" to itself, if you know what I mean. It's all money driven. I don't see money as evil (coming from someone who doesn't have any), but it's the want for money and power and what people do with it that's the bad and ugly part for me.

It's like when NBC Universal too over controlling interest in The Weather Channel, and it went from being all about weather and some educational programming, to being mostly about prime time reality shows with weather tie ins. And if you think that this is a rant about how I think that NBC Universal, Comcast and GE are evil media companies, they're not alone. I truly hate what Fox did to Speedvision/Speed Channel after they bought it. I loved the racing history programs, varied racing coverage, and aviation shows that it used to have on. Now it's almost a 45% NASCAR/F1 channel (ironically, NBC's Sports Network on Cable will now have F1 coverage next year), 45% reality show, and 10% motorsports channel. I truly despise Fox for that, let alone other things that Rupert Murdoch has done.

I won't crap on people who like reality shows, but they're not my thing, and I don't like it when I feel that they're in places that they really shouldn't be in my opinion. I nothing against them aside from that, I just don't like them very much. But it's the corporate greed that makes people do some really butt-brained things that ticks me off, and it's that appealing to the lowest common denominator deal I mentioned earlier. That will only take you so far for so long, especially if it alienates long time fans of something, such as what's happened with NASCAR the past few years. They're now listening to long time fans and newer fans who want a lot of what the old guard wants. There has to be a balance there. So is it little wonder why I don't really like network TV LOL?

The way that Kristen and Rob were treated on the Today Show, past and present (short interviews that often strayed off topic too much too fast, the relationship questions, and pissant attention to details in the questions about their films) is just one part of what I don't like about the media, but it is an avatar for my dislikes and grievances. Rant over.

Now the good and cute (laughs will abound here): In this section, I'll be talking about food, my cat, my "cuteness/sweetness" vs my "A-holiness", and what's perfect as far as a setting for my writing.

Food (prepare to be spoiled): Wanna know what goes good on a winter night? Any of you have any of those Banquet Homestyle Bakes? Sort of a casserole that you dump into an oven-safe dish and bake. I love these things during winter because you can sort of set 'em and forget 'em in the oven, and when eating them, they hold in heat well. Perfect for winter IMO.

Also, I love lemon drops, Lifesavers mints, chocolate covered nuts (cashews and almonds especially), Skittles, ice cream with tons of stuff in it, fried chicken, pizza, mashed potatoes and gravy, steaks, buttery corn, flavored coffee, tea, diluted coffee (a lot of water in it--it tastes like fast food coffee), hot chocolate, marinara sauce, breakfast sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, and even more.

I hope that I've spoiled you there, because now I have to admit that I like diet Coke, diet Mountain Dew, the Blueberry Voltage and White Out Mountain Dew, Mello Yello, and other weird things as far as drinks.

Cat update: Our cat Ted is now big enough to go outside, though he's not outside for very long most of the time, but he's found out how to get on the roof of our house like our older cats do. He's now fairly good sized and fat, though not as big or as fat as the appropriately named Tubby, which is a huge hairy black cat that visits us every now and then. He looks like a giant four-legged tarantula with a tail and a cat's head--that also weights probably 15 pounds.

My duality: Tracy commented on this yesterday, but I think that I should elaborate more on what I meant by my "duality". As I said, when I'm answering the phone at work, I use this calm, cool, almost "sweet" voice. But yet, away from work, I curse more than R&K, the late George Carlin, and Robin Williams doing stand up combined, and my "normal" voice, IMO, doesn't sound "sweet". To me, Sharon den Adel and Lia Gocer have "sweet" almost angelic voices, but they sing metal songs, so what do I know? LOL.

But that I guess is me maybe being more in touch with my feminine side than a lot of other guys I know. An office is often a female dominated environment (I only work with like 2 other guys in the entire building--the rest of women), and I think that a job such as being a receptionist can use a "woman's touch", even if it's a guy doing the job. My "feminine" side is the side of me that's calm, analytical, introspective, introverted, so I'm far more like my mother personality wise than my father a lot of of times, who is outspoken, somewhat rough, and a jokester.

I guess that you can say that I'm pretty odd--I'd love to do my GF's hair and nails if I had a GF, but yet I'm a bit history nut and interested in firearms, military weapons and history, and cars and auto racing. I'll read the Twilight Saga novels and other similar novels, but I'll also recount watching Bio-Booster Armor Guyver cartoons from my youth and my research on the manga and its story.

I guess that I have a masculine side that's kinda into "guy" stuff, and a feminine side that makes me "sweet" and all that other stuff I talked about. I don't know if you sense all of that when I'm writing here or at the FBHH or when I chat with some of you on FB. But I do feel that I have a sweet side to me, a feminine side to me, and a masculine side to me. They all have good and weak points to them, but I draw from the strong points of them to try and be the person I want to be. And I think that being here and my fan fic writing and my job allows me to do all of that. Hell, it's gotta be doin' somethin'--I'm a hell of a lot happier than I've been in quite a while over the past couple of months.

Now some comments (finally you say LOL):

Sonbird (serious note to start out with): Sorry to hear about your friend's father. I saw on FB that he passed away a little while ago. I hope that your friend will pull though this and that you can be there for her, since you two seem pretty close.

On a lighter note, it sucks that you don't get a lot of the interviews until later and that lot of them are embargoed until a later date than in the US. I know that Marielle gets Top Gear episodes fairly soon after they air in the UK, but here in the US, we have to wait sometimes several months before new to America episodes show up on BBC America.

Brenda: Long time no see here (I know that you're fairly active at the FB HH). I don't think that Kristen needs to tone down the warpaint, as long as it suits her, and she smokey eye thing works as well for her as it does Cher or my friend Lia. Maybe a different color other than Ford blue would've helped, but it wasn't that bad IMO.

Caryn and Brenda: As far as Rob vs Volvos, I do believe that Volvos are conservative cars often for conservative people (odd since the cars are built mostly in moderately liberal Sweden--and yes, I know that Volvo was owned by Ford and is now owned mostly by a Chinese company), and I know that Rob has owned an Audi S4 and a Chevy Nova, and an old BMW 3 series from the late '80s that he had to partly rebuild to get running. I'd love to see Rob in an Aston Martin, but I do believe that there's a part of Rob who would think that an Aston would be a bit flashy and show-offy. An Audi or a Beemer or maybe a Mercedes-Benz, or one of the newer Fords (Focus, Fiesta or Fusion/Mondeo) or a Hyundai or Kia (Sonata or Optima) would be a better fit--the perfect combination of fashion and practicality.

Everyone: I'd like to conclude this novel (it may as well be one for how long it is) by saying that I'm about to make dinner--a chicken alfredo oven back deal--and probably will spend a while playing VGs, eating, maybe sneaking in a nap, and hopping back on here later to maybe write a new chapter for an existing story or getting started on the much anticiapted (or maybe not LOL ;) ) Bio-Booster Armor Twilight when I get MS office reinstalled on her later on.

And BTW, I'm feeling a lot better today--maybe that's showed up in this message?

I hope that I left something for everyone to enjoy or ponder upon.

Oh, and lest I forget, Rob will be on Jimmy Fallon tonight, not that I need to remind anyone here, but I'll be watching, and trying to guess what Jimmy will con Rob into playing tonight :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Songbird-So sorry to hear about your friend's father :(

Thanks for the hoodie idea, I love the idea of using a quote that could apply to my marriage too (or future kids..)

And yes, it's a full version, not cliff notes or anything..just easily tuckable into a purse!

http://www.amazon.com/New-Moon-The-Twil ... +paperback

I think I did math closer to 8 or 9am, I downloaded a few apps that I can do on my phone on the days I haven't done any with my book :) I actually did quite a bit today since it was so cold it felt appropriate to hunker down with a blanket and Gilmore Girls (got season 2 from the library :D) and my Algebra book.

I was excited to find out that Ellen now airs at 3pm, not 4, so I'll be able to catch most of the guys' interview before work :)

I think I'm finished with hubby's birthday basket, I took an inventory today of everything and I think I'm done. Good thing because between BD 2 and Thanksgiving, his birthday (the 28th) will be here before I know it!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

Today after work I went to the dentist and shopping for my mom's birthday and then cooked a lovely gourmet dinner (not even kidding) and then watched GLEE!!! Who out there is a GleeK? It was good this week because it was all at the high school, none in New York. I like the NYC storyline, but found it hard to jump back and forth. Then I watched Elementary because I just love the actor playing Sherlock. He played Mr. Knightly in the lasted PBS version of Emma. *sigh* Many of you know I hardly ever watch TV, so this is a big deal.

I have a great class this year - I love teaching Advanced ESL again after Intermediate. My students are so much fun and very sociable and nice to their teacher. They are from the following countries: Thailand, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Tibet, India, Somalia, Tanzania, Gambia, Somalia, Eritrea, Russia, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, Nicaragua, Mexico.

Here's an actual Susie mega post!

Marielle
- Good luck on your job interview! I really hope it goes well!

Suzan
- Sorry you have to read so much! Thanks for the link to the Yes/No show. I really appreciate it. Keep on linking things because I don't have time to find them myself! I'll watch it soon.

Songbird
- I'm so sorry about your best friend's father. What a horrible day it's been for you (and her, of course). That is so sudden.

Sarah - What did you end up putting in your hubby's Birthday basket? When is his birthday? By now others have said that you can feel free to express yourself here - we are all friends and can agree to disagree. One thing I found regarding political persuasion is that a person's profession influences it quite a bit. Whether a person chooses that profession because of political leanings, or if once in that profession, that person leans one way. I'd say it's both, but in any case, I'm an ESL teacher working with adult immigrants every day and my salary is provided by the State and Federal government, so the Democratic platform is more in line with that than the GOP. I guess the opposite would be a corporate officer - that person's job is directly related to the free market and the Republican party caters to that more than the Dems. And Religion? For every Conservative Christian, there is a Liberal Christian, and that's often missed in the discussion. And Urban vs Rural? Of course the concerns are totally different. I live in a large metro area and see so much diversity around me every day (including GLBT folks) Someone in a rural area doesn't see that much diversity, but they have concerns related to land use.What's amazing is that our VERY diverse nation somehow governs itself in spite of it all and we do it without violence - we have a strong justice system. My students are mainly from countries where that isn't the case.

Sean
- I really like what you wrote. It is good to know yourself and you really do. I'd say, though that many people have two sides, especially a difference between their work side and their personal side. You seem to be pretty happy these days - I'm so glad! I appreciate that you remind us of various talk show appearances because I can't keep track of it all.

Ann Marie
- I am so happy you are going to meet up with Deb! My heart is singing right now. I'm also glad that you're going to the Premiere with a couple of people - so fun! You'll need to take your vitamins so you'll be in good condition for waiting in line in the cold. Regarding guys - there's something to be said for the old way of doing things (even before my time :lol: ) "A guy won't buy the cow if he gets the milk for free!" Of course I didn't' subscribe to that, but now looking back on it all, I wanted something more and the guys I was dating just wanted the one thing, so I was always disappointed. I wish I would have abstained a bit more, and then I wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Lynne
- I like your book cover! How exciting this all is. I remember when you were doubtful of its even being published. Congrats again. Also, congrats to your little guy for his academic award. He's a smarty pants, isn't he? I had a chuckle at your comment about a possible BD2 ending of a flash forward to Renesmee pregnant with Jacob's child! Whoooeee!

Caryn
- Love your post. I appreciate that you're doing a mega post again. I hope to follow in your footsteps....You know I share your sentiment this week. Now we can really enjoy BD2. I can't believe how soon it will all be happening!

Brenda - We're in the same camp! Whew! The Tortoise thing does sound very strange! Hmmm Has it really been a year at the new job? Wow. Too bad you had to work on Halloween, though. Your kids' costumes sound so fun!

Tracy
- I know what you mean about an enthusiasm gap for BD2. I can feel it too, although I'm trying to get pumped up. Could it be partly due to people not posting on the Lex so much? Maybe it's because since it is part 2 and it's the same director and was filmed at the same time, we already know a lot of what it will be like, whereas with part 1 it was all fresh? Also, wasn't a lot of the excitement about the Wedding and Isle Esme?? That must be it.

Lulu
- Wow. That woman at church was so generous! You and your hubs are quite determined - I know you'll be successful! We're all pulling for you. Any chance you'll get Christmas money from yours and your hubs' siblings? How many implants will you have done, 3?

Nighty Night, All!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hello siblings!

I have had a blue day today. I have gotten very little done, but at least I have mentally rested. And caught up with videos. If you haven't seen the Geek Nation Kevin McCarthy interview, do. And Kelly and Michael's Rapid Fire with Robert Pattinson was pretty fun too, especially after Rob settled into the right mindset for it.

Lynne - The tortoise is pretty good sized, not something you would want to trip over. Apparently he's only 10 years old, too, so may grow some more. He's probably at least 18 inches tall standing, 2 feet around, at a very rough guess. A Sonoran desert tortoise would have been much smaller and less entertaining - more authentic, but less looky-loos maybe.

Ann Marie - Congratulations on your promotion, honey! That's great neews! I'm so excited for you, things seem to have changed so much in just a few months for you. I'm so envious of the huge fun you will be having at the premiere. Tell Rob you are representing for a lot of US fans too! Can you FB and Lex with us from your new IPad Mini?

Sarah - I am a book quote girl; I have all my Twilight books with sticky bookmarks at my favorite quotes. Songbird's idea is a great one. Also from BD2: "No one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you" and "And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever." Then one line up is Edward's "Forever and forever and forever." Any of those work for you?

Songbird - I think that Romney wants to be charitable towards others (Mormons tithe to their church), but seems to lack an appreciation of what others go through. Several ads pop to mind - there were campaign ads running that talked about economic suffering and showed a mom running with a baby in an expensive jogging stroller in a nice neighborhood ... that's not really economic suffering. There is a popular bumper sticker here that says "Annoy a Liberal: Work hard, succeed, be happy," which also doesn't recognize that these are not a simple equation for everyone. And dismiss liberals like me who work hard, succeed, and are happy. There's just this appearance of a profound lack of connection. And that's the nice interpretation.

Susie - Yes, I am beginning to think that the corporate culture at my new job is something I may never mesh well with. An African tortoise in a clinical office area ... I'm still shaking my head. Your students are so diverse! Shout out for your Nicaraguan student. Nearly 70 years ago, my mom came up from Nicaragua as a little girl to join my grandma in San Francisco!

Love to all!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Okay, my take on Today Show comments and journalism in general.

I thought that Kristen responded the way she did because she was annoyed by the question. She seems to be less able to control herself with things like that, so the fact that she was annoyed came out in what she said and how she said it. Rob handled it in a much more gentlemanly way, but I thought he looked on guard for the whole interview, like he was waiting for that question. I'm sure that Kristen clued him up that he was likely to be asked something like that, in spite of the fact that he said that he hadn't heard about what Kristen had said.

Are the journalists told to ask this or are they acting off their own bat?
From someone who has been involved in journalism (albeit, not in the mainstream) there would definitely be pressure to ask these kinds of questions. How much pressure is the question that I can't answer. It's also difficult to tell if there would have been pressure in this case or if the journalists were just acting without integrity. I do think the latter myself, especially with the woman who interviewed Rob. I think someone said that she was new??? I think she was trying to impress her bosses by doing it. Her attempts at first to try and say things that seemed to sympathise with his loss of privacy, as if he was suddenly going to open up about it, seemed amateurish and certainly didn't paint her in a good light when she followed it up with a direct question that invaded his privacy. I hope both Rob and Kristen have the opportunity to boycott The Today Show, or at least these particular journalists, in future.

Susie - yes, it would be interesting, wouldn't it? Actually, I saw an interview today which revealed exactly what is on during the credits, but I won't say here.

Brenda - wow, that's a reasonable size!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to post yesterday. I was on the road for my work and got home exhausted. I know for most of you two hours driving is nothing but driving on the insane roads in Holland is exhausting…

Also I haven’t been able to watch any new interviews or clips…

Today is my job interview. Wish me luck!

Now posts, if I miss something I’m sorry but I’ll try to catch up:

Caryn, I agree that Ellen does have the most brilliant Rob interviews. Her sense of self spot and humor does works perfectly with Rob. Sadly I haven’t been able to watch it all. Maybe this weekend. Can you believe it, just a few days until BD2. Are you prepared? Got your Ritalin ready? ;)
I’m a firm believer that everybody is allowed to voice his or her opinion. I love changing thoughts with people when I don’t agree with them. Especially when it’s about religion or politics. It helps me understand people better. I hate it when people think that just because they are the minority they can’t say what’s on their mind.

Sarah, that’s the issues with politics. There is never a party or candidate that you agree completely with. In the US you have only 2 parties to vote for so you pick the one that you agree with on your most important topics. Here in Holland we have generally about 15 parties to choose from, many of them don’t even make it in so even if you agree completely with them you vote is already lost before you voted on them. That’s why here people voted with a political feeling not with what they agree to.

Tracy, sadly I don’t know the results of the appraisal but she seemed to like what we have done a lot. I still don’t know about my mortgage. I know paper work is done, now I’m waiting for results on the medical surveillance.
I’m still living towards the BD2 release with a sense of dread. I really fear that movie…

Brenda, it sounds like you have been bloody busy..

Ann-marie, maybe the fact that you are tired comes from you partying! I only see party pictures on you FB… ;) But in all seriousness it’s got probably to do with the change in weather. It makes me down and tired as well…
I hope you have much fun on your date with Rob…

Susan, I’m sorry for your friend’s loss. It’s a good thing she made it on time.

Sean, was it at the today show where they ask both Rob and Kris about their relationship?

Alright, it’s time for work…
I’ll see you all tonight…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I slept through the airing of Rob on Jimmy Fallon, but I caught the video online. Here's the rundown--Rob in Nashville, his self-depreciation about his music skills, being a fan of Carrie Underwood, and not wanting to piss himself in the seat that she was gonna be in, pissing himself laughing while watching Corky Romano, Rob stating that babies don't like wigs, the "Chucky" baby that Kristen mentioned, and Rob hasn't seen BD2 yet in it's entirety, and joking about people "never seeing him again" after BD2 is over.

And then there was the water based card game. Rob was right--Jimmy could've worn a different shirt given that he lost and Rob doused him :twisted:

Susie: That to me is a bit of a weird duality, and I may owe it partly to being around women so much in my life and the fact that I feel more comfortable around women than men most of the time. I can't say for sure, but it's one of my theories.

Ann Marie: Congrats on your promotion at work. I can go on an on about dating and why I hate my own species, but I've gone though that before here, several times...

Lynne: The Today Show was far from journalism at it's finest and really didn't IMO respect the reasons why Kristen and Rob were even there. Even the amount of small talk sort of undermined the purpose of their visits. Either have longer interviews with someone who did the research and would leave their personal stuff alone, or have an interviewer who stays on task and can help K/R promote the film with his/her questions. I don't care if anyone agrees/disagrees with how Kristen or Rob handled it, they both handled it better than I would've, even as a third party. If I were on set, I'd be yelling, cursing and chewing Savannah's a$$ out on set, or at home, if money were no object, I'd have installed an armored back plate behind the TV, taken a .45 and shot the TV both times.

I believe that Kristen and Rob want to respect everyone that they meet, which is why they've been so generous to their fans, but once that respect has been breached, they'll let you know, one way or the other. And with how the media in general has treated them a lot of the time, the media isn't deserving of my respect IMO. So screw the media and screw the Today Show and screw Savannah.

Marielle: Yes, it was the anchor on the Today Show that tried to ask Kristen and Rob about that stuff. See my comments to Lynne on how I feel about it on both counts.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/