Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Sarah, yeah, it's not great. At least the rain has gone from here now, but power lines are down, traffic lights aren't working and there's quite a bit of chaos. At least it was already a public holiday today, so there was no peak hour rush.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Well the long weekend is over. As is the freezing cold here in Holland. Right now it feels like hot water coming down. The snow is almost going and it was slippery on the road because of the lingering frost in the earth.

On Friday morning we got a phone call that my BF’s grandmother was taken to hospital in critical condition. They managed to get her stable and we went to visit her yesterday evening. She seems to be doing alright. At least it seemed like she hadn’t given up the fight yet.
So we are slightly hopeful that she will recover as far as possible.

On a happy note I’ll be going on a holiday with my parents! My mom and dad are taking us to the Canary Islands. I have already arranged a place for Garfield to stay. He is going to the cat hotel that a friend of mine runs. I just hope he’ll be okay there. I’ll miss him like crazy, that’s for sure.

Anyway posts,

Jaclyn, what did you do with your day off? I friend of mine went to Scotland on Friday. She is going to stay somewhere 5 hours driving north from Edinburgh for her internship. She has send pictures, they look so nice.

Lynne, I’ll check out your pre-order link this afternoon.
Did you have any flooding? I saw some pics on fb but I wasn’t sure if they were from your neighborhood.

Susie, I can’t wait to read your finished work!! I loved the chapter you send me and I can’t to read about your experiences in Chicago…

Grayce, you have to take that dog to puppy-training! If you don’t establish the pecking order now than there is a good chance the dog will become aggressive towards you. She’ll try to protect her boss (your hubs) whenever you get close to him. It can make your life very miserable. I happens with the dog my mom owned when she and my dad got married. The dog would attack my dad for only trying to kiss my mom…

Sean, I know for fried chicken it’s best to take the boneless version. Much easier to deal with!

Susan, yep we are almost done for now. We have much of the internal job done. A few small things to finish up but I’m hopeful we will get that done this week. After that we’ll wait for the nice weather to continue.
With this weather I either walk or take public transport. If that’s not available I’ll call in sick or work from home as much as that’s possible. Luckily it’s over now.
Hihi, you have been looking in a very expensive area…… It’s easier to build your own. That way you can make it exactly how you want it.

Okay, that’s it for today!
See you all later.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - yesterday when the rain was falling we did have a few tense moments, but thankfully, it stayed out of the house. Many other people haven't been so fortunate. I'm glad to hear you BF's mother is doing okay now, and enjoy the Canary Islands! When are you going?
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

MM has the day of school because they are doing testing, so one class has a day free so that teacher can take a different class so their own teacher can to their testing. Last week, MM had a different teacher one day so his regular teacher could to his class' testing, this week he's free and his teacher is taking someone else's class so THAT teacher can test her students. So I've got him home all day. So far I've cleaned, he's taught me to play chess...sort of, though he doesn't remember all the rules, just that the horse piece can only move forward two and sideways one space. The rest he was iffy on. And he thinks that you win when all the pieces from one side have been taken. I don't know much about chess, but I'm pretty sure I've seen games in which there are a lot of pieces left but the one person wins. And he told me a check is when you take a piece from another player, and when you get a check, then you can put your queen back on the board if it's been taken. No idea if ANY of that is accurate. But he's 5, so I'll go along with it. And we played a different board game for which I have the rules, so that was MUCH easier. And now he's playing on daddy's computer so I could mop the floor without getting footprints in it, which I have now accomplished.

Lynne, I'll order probably tonight. I just didn't have my address book next to me and I was too lazy to go downstairs to get it. Now I just don't have much time.
Bug got mad at me again this morning when I took her to school and she refused to give me a goodbye hug and kiss. I don't know what is wrong with her, but she is GROUCHY!
So sorry about your flooding! So sad!
I hope your friend finds Rob!!

Sarah, This too shall pass. She's being a grouch right now, but usually she is an easy kid...I'm sure she'll go back to being her sweet self in no time.
The code...this is a PG13 site, even the more adult themed threads. There are certain things which don't fit in that category...like the honeymoon theme in Breaking Dawn...so we discuss it in terms of "baking" instead. Something particularly...provocative? would be called "Citrusy". You'll see sometimes that people will post a picture of Rob and talk about Baking faces, etc.. So that's what I was saying about the BINGO guy...he was being very citrusy.
I thought you had said that some other stores had video of the girl stealing from them, and obviously she had your wallet on her when the police caught her, so it seems like a pretty open and shut case to me. I hope it doesn't have to go to trial.

Sean, I hope you enjoy your chicken and steak!

Marielle, what a relief it must be to have most of the inside work done!
Is Huissen an expensive area? I mean, ok, it's next to Arnhem, but I figured being a small town that doesn't even have a train stop, they woudn't be that expensive. My in-laws live there, which is why I would want to move there if we moved anywhere. But believe me, if we win big in the lottery, we will TOTALLY build our own!
Have a great time in the Canary Islands! My in-laws go there quite a bit for vacation. Not sure it's my kind of place...I'm not big on just lying in the sun. I'm a site seer. I can only lie there and read or something for so long, and I don't handle heat well. But everyone that I've talked to who's been there has loved it, so I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I don't know how many of you all have been able to see it or hear it but we had some massive news in Holland.
Our Queen is stopping... she just quit her job and handed it over to her son! For the first time in a century we are getting a king.

In Holland it's tradition for the monarch to stop with the task while still alive. so it wasn't all that surprising but we have been expecting it to happen in 2 years when she was in her job 35 years...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Marielle- that's so cool :) I love hearing about your culture! When does she plan on leaving? Sorry to hear about your BFs grandmother :( enjoy the Canary Islands, I've heard they're beautiful!

Work and cleaning today-the usual :)

Song-there might be some video tape of them trying to rob the tanning salon nearby, all I was told is that they tried to do the same thing (distract all the employees) that they did with us. She wasn't able to get into my purse thank God, but only because my phone was laying underneath the counter exposed..not in my purse the way it usually is. Still annoying, considering how much I use my phone for studying (this guy teaches lessons via YouTube and has apps I guess). I do have to go to traffic court though next week about my accident. Sounds like you're having a fun day with Mister Man! And thanks for explaining the code :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man is back at school today, so now I can get on with all those things I've been putting off for a while. I've nearly finished the rewrite on The Crown. I also want to start work on content for my website, which should be up and running soon! Exciting!

The sun is shining here at the moment, but the floodwaters are still expected to rise today. I hope they don't go as high as expected.

Songbird - it warms my heart to think of people even thinking of ordering my book! I'm not sure MM has got the rules of chess quite right ...

marielle - that's an interesting concept, regular abdication. I've often thought it might be better if Queen Elizabeth did that, but I don't think she ever would.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a great day at work, it's warming up, and even though it's raining, it's better weather than we've been having. It won't last long, but it's nice to have it while I have it.

I'm probably gonna finish off the stuff I made last night and try and read when I get off line. Other than that, I'll be doing the same stuff like I've been doing the past few nights.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just popping in to say:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DESIREE!!!

I hope you are having a great day!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Happy Birthday Desiree :)

I'll probably be logging off soon for tonight. I have some dinner to make and some stuff to play with before I go to sleep.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/