Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by TwilightFan87 »

At my MILs for hubby's bday dinner...ignoring my hubby's obnoxious brother and hoping the night ends quickly. I'm so not in the mood to be here!

Took the dog to the dog park today, hilarious to watch rolph interact with other dogs. So funny. I'm so glad to have Internet on my phone!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

I missed checking in with everyone over Thanksgiving break. We were out of town at my in-laws for several days and had a nice visit. It was kind of bittersweet, as I can really see how both of hub's parents are starting to slow down, physically. I've mentioned on the boards previously about his Mom's health issues (history of lung cancer, heart surgery two years ago plus recent procedures to correct an irregular heart rhythm, as well as congestive heart failure), and you can really tell the toll all of this has taken on her body. :(

To top off my weekend, on the way home from my daughter's basketball practice tonight...a deer suddenly darted out in front of our car and I hit it. I couldn't see the deer anywhere afterwards and am hopeful it was somehow okay, but of course it was pitch black outside. And yes, I hit the deer in the "new" used minivan we've had for a little over a month after our previous car accident. :shock: I'm wondering what kind of cruel joke the universe is trying to play on me. :banghead: I was able to drive the car home, but cannot fully open the driver's side door due to body damage, the hood is bent, the left front headlight smashed, and obviously there's some radiator damage because we saw some smoke and could still hear a slight hissing after I got the car home. I really, really, really dread placing this call to my insurance agent in the morning. :cry: I know the other driver was determined to be at fault in our previous car accident, and I don't think there's any way I could have avoided this poor deer tonight, but seriously? Is this really happening, again? :no: :?

Sarah~ Hope you made it through hub's birthday dinner at your MIL's relatively unscathed, and that hubs had a nice birthday. Did he enjoy his gifts from you?

Lulu~ Your message was so sweet and brought tears to my eyes. You are such a blessing to all of us, and I know that your prayers will be answered.

Brenda~ I'm glad to hear you and the family had a lovely Thanksgiving....an injury-free Thanksgiving certainly qualifies as a "good" Thanksgiving. ;) I'll have to check out the song you mentioned from the original Twilight soundtrack, "Love is Worth the Fall". I've never heard the songs from the Amazon digital version. Are there any additional extra songs? Good for you and hubs to pursue counseling to help bring you closer in your marriage. What a wonderful idea! I think in this day and age, especially when married couples are raising children and busy with work and/or outside activities... there'a a tendency to become more like roommates than spouses. It's easy to take one another for granted and focus more on the kids, or house projects, or other things instead of ourselves.

Sean~ How are you holding up? Will you be going back to work this week? Have the family members you mentioned behaved a little more appropriately and sensitively? I'm so sorry you're dealing with difficult family members, in addition to the loss of your grandmother.

Songbird~ Wow....we'll send some energy to you and hope you're able to catch a little sleep in your crazy, busy upcoming week. We'll catch you on the flip side. Happy early birthday to your little boy!

Lynne~ Congrats on receiving the typeset copy of your book! That must be so exciting. Please count me in for purchasing a copy, and I would love to do anything I can to spread the word, as well.

Desiree~ I'm impressed with your dedication to cleaning the miniblinds! Want to come to my house? :D

Hello to Tonise, Susie, Grayce, Jaclyn, Austin, Rose and anyone else I've missed. I think I better go drown myself in Robcrack or fanfiction or something.....to distract myself from the damaged minivan that's sitting outside in our driveway, as well as the potentially imminent increase in our car insurance rates by tomorrow. :bye:
Banner by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

As much as I love to oogle over Rob, is it bad that I know I don't think I could ever DATE him (as if there was ANY possibility EVER). Obviously we don't really "know" him, but I'm really loud and extroverted and that seems the opposite of him.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

I have a release date for The Heir: 1st June 2013! It was July when I arrived at work, but the Rochelle realised that that was in the middle of school holidays and there would be trouble with deliveries to schools if they want it, so it's been pushed forward a month. I will also soon receive an edit on The Crown, which is book two. Unfortunately, it sounds like there's quite a bit of work to be done to it.

Austin - :lol: You are very funny! I do appreciate the support.

Tracy - the more the merrier! I'm sorry to hear about the accident with the deer. We have similar problems with kangaroos when we're out bush. They can do quite a bit of damage to a car. Hopefully the insurance call wasn't too arduous.
Last edited by Tornado on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey Everyone!

It's been a looooonnnnnnng weekend and I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow!

Where has Marielle been?

Tracy - Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear about your mishap with the deer. That is horrible luck! You are too nice for that to be happening to you. Darn it! My heart goes out to you. Hang in there. I'm sure insurance companies see this kind of thing all the time. Let's hope your car luck changes soon. You need some good luck now.

Amanda Beth - I think Rob is rowdier than you think! Go ahead and have some nice fantasies.

Lynne - How exciting! (I'm glad you're feeling better, by the way) School library - cross fingers!

Austin - Love your Tim Tam fantasy! You crack me up.

Sean
- I hope you're feeling better.

Desiree - I'm impressed with all of your min-blind cleaning! That is tedious work, for sure. I never do cleaning like that, so don't feel bad that you've never cleaned them. I've never cleaned my oven and it's been 14 years! Yikes! And I cook a lot, too! It's on my list for next weekend.

Songbird
- Aww You're such a good mom! Kids really do appreciate all that attention on their birthdays when they get older and look back at it all. Next trip? Maybe next fall? I want to get Ms.Caryn to come with me...

Sarah - Doggie dates with your friend - how cute! Looks like you've mastered the Lexicon's mobile app! Some people have had trouble with it, although I don't know what was wrong since I haven't tried it. I'm just glad to see you posting!

Rose
- Sorry you're having some family drama. Seems like that's going around a bit. Were you able to save your November novel? I sure hope so.

Tonise
- LOVE your quick and funny posts. It's better than nothin', girl! Just love to see your smilies on the board.

Brenda
- I really hope the counseling is beneficial for you and your hubs. It's good that he wanted to go with you. I suppose two people in professions such as your may need some extra TLC? I know it's many years off for you two, but my husband and I get along a whole lot better since the kids grew up! Thanks for sharing with us and please feel free to keep us posted. I personally believe it's worth it to work on relationships and try to make it work. No one is perfect.

Grayce
- I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.

Lulu - Can you start making Dr. appointments yet?

Time for bed - Nighty Night!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Tracy: Not much has changed on all the fronts with my grandma stuff. I know that I'll be calling off work tomorrow and Tuesday because of me having to stay home to watch my other grandma. I just hope that my boss understands. I originally wanted to go in tomorrow and have Tuesday off, but I've been asked to see if I could take Mon and Tues off. I'm just glad right now that I don't have to face such a-holey family members. But I'm fine right now, and everyone else is dealing with everything well.

Susie: I'm find aside from being pissed at those family members who are acting in what I consider to be a disrespectful and deplorable manner. As I replied to Tracy, I'm gonna have to call off work the next couple of days to help out around the house with grandma until the funeral stuff is done.

As to where Marielle is, she was pretty active on the FB page today, and I know that she and Ann Marie watched the F1 race and both were happy with the outcome. Also, as I'm typing this, Marielle is online now :)

Everyone: In a few minutes, I'm gonna try and start work on one of my fan fic chapters, just to give me a little something to do before I get something to eat and go to bed.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!

I’m so sorry I didn’t post yesterday. I was still so tired from my 2 days in Antwerp. I even skipped a chance to see BD2 again on Sunday morning. I was just so sore from running around town for 2 days and having danced all night. I spend my day on the sofa, under a blanket (together with Garfield) and with a large bag of Belgium chocolate I bought in Antwerp.

So did you all have a good Thanks giving weekend?

I see I have a lot of catching up to do… I’ll try to reply to everyone…

Lynne, I hope you have made it through you panic moment okay…
Hihi, as you describe it I see no reasons you should have stress ;) …Seriously, stress doesn’t even cover it… Perhaps you should think about a few relaxing days around Christmas. A bit of pampering will do miracles.

Susan, how are your kids now that Sinterklaas is in the country. Around here I only hear parents complaining. The cream cheese I mentioned is named Pic Frisch, they sell it at the lidl. I don’t know the price but my friend told me it was better than Mon chou for making Cheese cake.

Austin, I don’t think we have anything like Black Friday here in Holland. There is one department story that has only 3 sales days a year and in those days you better avoid that store… but besides it’s only a bit busy on Saturday and Thursday evening,.
I hope your wife is feeling better?

Jaclyn, I’m hoping to move in between Christmas and New Years eve. Both my father and brother will be home than. I’m hopeful they can help with the heavy stuff. We do need to do a bit of decorating but it isn’t much. Just a bit of painting and getting new floors upstairs. We do want to do some construction work on the upper levels but we will wait with that until we have a budget.
The party was great, a lot of drinks, good food and dancing… but I do have some boring colleagues. I’ll tell you that.

Susie, I’m here… I had a good excuse for missing a few posts…
You got snow?! Yeez, your weather is insane… They are predicting snow this weekend or maybe next week but I’m praying it stays away…I can do without it.
Won’t you daughter come home for Christmas?

Everyone, I think you girls are amazing for donating money to Lulu. I had been thinking about it as well but sadly with the move and all I just can’t miss anything. So for now I’ll be donating kind words and lots of prayers… Maybe if I win the new years lottery I’ll pay for the whole thing…

Sarah, I don’t mind you rambling about shopping. I find it interesting to see how even within Western society many things are different between countries… We don’t even really celebrate Christmas with gifts… lat year I had to organize it all. So this year we won’t have gifts. I just don’t have time to organize it all this year.

Lulu, like I said above. Right now I can’t miss the money, but seriously we have a few lottery tickets for the new years eve draw… if I win I’ll pay for the whole thing… I just hope it will go alright…for now all I can send you are good vibes and prayers.
(btw, you should move to Holland!!! Here at least if you have a good health insurance they will cover IVF.)

Sean, how are you holding up?
Yes, I was very happy with the outcome of the last F1 race of the season. I was sad to see Hamilton drop out, it cost McLaren the 2nd place in the constructors title but Button’s win made my day a whole lot better.

Brenda, gods that pic is so good…
Wow, it feels like marital problems are going around like a virus… I wish you all the luck you need to make it work…
Uhm, yeah… I saw Kayla’s pics… that was what I was thinking about when I looked through the window of that shop… I should have bought it and had it send to Kayla… (or Caryn)… now I think about it… ;)

Rose, I hope the thanks giving family drama wasn’t too bad…

Tracy, I know it’s hard to see loved ones get old and slow down. It’s the same with my grandparents. Especially my grandpa is getting really old really fast… I have to remind myself that my grandpa is happy if he can rejoin my grandma but it doesn’t make it easier to watch.
It seems like you and cars don’t have a good vibe right now… I hope the damage isn’t too much.

Alright, I have tons of work to do. From the 17th I have the rest of the year off so I need to finish up a lot…See you all later!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

Songbird -- Yay party! Lots of work, of course, but well worth it. I'm actually in the process of planning a party for my husband's birthday, so I know the feeling.

Lynne -- That's great that you got a copy of your book! Does it feel as wonderful as you hoped to hold it in your hand? I'll be praying, of course. And I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in being bothered by it.

Sarah -- Isn't going to the dog park a blast? I love watching my pup run fast and have a blast. :)

Tracy -- It's nice to meet you. Glad to hear you aren't injured -- though I am of course sorry you were in another accident.

Amanda Beth -- I hear you. Of course, I'm married, so I will never be dating again, Rob or otherwise. But I dont think he would actually be "my type" personality-wise. I'm too flashy, yet I don't think I'd be able to stand the media. But then, I'm more a fan of his work than obcessed with the idea of dating him, etc.

Susie -- The family drama has gotten better -- I think the stress of the holiday really took its toll on people. And I'm now caught up enough that I should be able to kit 50,000 words by the end of the month, especially once I get back to my own house where I can work a little bit more. :)

Marielle -- It was pretty bad on Thursday, but it's calmed down. My aunt and uncle are divorcing, and it's really taken its toll on my grandma. That and the stress of the holiday made a big mess -- she kept going back on plans to gain control, etc and it made my dad so mad he almost walked out. Oh, and some of the food was a big flop. Grandma used to be a great cook, but not so much lately. It's hard to see her struggle like that. :(
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

marielle - we're going to the Sunshine Coast for a few days before Christmas, so that should help. Unfortunately, I now do have a deadline on The Crown, so I will have to keep working on that through December/January. That should be a labour of love, though. You skipped a chance to see BD Pt 2 again? You must be tired!

Rose - I don't actually have a physical copy yet. I only have a pdf of it on the computer. But it's the next best thing. I can see how all the pages will be laid out in the book itself.
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

*sneaks into Halfway House, admiring the new surroundings and hoping to be forgiven for LONG absence :oops: *

Hi all.
LONG time since I posted, I know.
I have been keeping up with you goings-on by stalking the HH FB page, but I know that doesn't really count as Halfway House Sister participation.
No promises to become a regular poster again, I just don't get the time at the moment, and I don't want to make promises I know I won't be able to keep!

To newer members, hi! I'm fi, I was a regular HH poster a couple of years ago, but RL commitments drew me away :( I look forward to getting to know you a bit!

To those who know me, Hello!! :hug: How are you? How's the move Marielle? How are Sonny Boy and Daughter Dear Susie? And, most importantly (of course), WHAT did you all think of BD Part 2?? AM I right that the Spoiler thread has been merged into the HH 'proper' so we can talk about it here? Or am I too late and you've all done all your dissecting and have moved onto other things?

Love to you all,
fi xx