Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by December »

**Spoilers Below!!**
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by Susie »

Just checking in quickly -

Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately, I missed most of the red carpet! :cry:

We had a late dinner and then hubs wanted to discuss which health benefit plan to go on for next year....

It looks like there was a lot of chatter back and forth on facebook. I'm glad you girls had fun!

I'll just have to watch it after the fact.

This is all I can manage for today, Sorry!

See you tomorrow!

p.s. So nice to see Ginnie and Paula here again! :D
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - you'd better believe it! In fact, I just went outside a few minutes ago and saved a magpie from drowning in some water! No joke! It was stuck in a metal planter that was half filled with water (it wasn't in our yard) so I leaped the fence and rescued it. I don't think it would have lasted too much longer. I'll be seeing BD in exactly 34 hours.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

We had a busy weekend and finally finished priming and painting the downstairs bathroom and bedroom. My shoulder, neck, and upper traps are so sore and I need a massage.....where is Edward when I need him? 8-) I hope to paint the woodwork and trim this week, and paint the outer bathroom (dressing area?) next weekend, and we should be ready to move our bedroom furniture downstairs after putting up a ceiling fan and another light fixture, etc. I'm also planning on buying a comforter (as our bedroom quilt is at least fifteen years old and it's time for a change), as well as a new shower curtain and colorful bath mat/rugs for the bathroom and a new lamp or two.....that's always the fun part after finishing a painting project. ;) Our weather turned colder throughout the day today, but I made some yummy, homemade potato soup to get us through a couple of busy, weeknight meals. Hope all of you are well.

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the premiere stuff live because I was painting and hanging out with the family, but I enjoyed reading your comments just a few minutes ago. Kristen's dress sounds a bit revealing, even for her :? , and I can't wait to see Rob's emerald green suit. I think that color may even top the maroon suit from the Eclipse premiere. :swoon:

Songbird~ I, too am a technical squib ;) , but thanks for the offer to help. It was my own fault I lost my post last night. I always try to copy and paste a post from a word document, but quickly started typing a post directly into the "reply box" because I was lazy, when I should have known better. When I went to hit "submit", the post disappeared. :roll:

Caryn~ I look forward to reading your thoughts about the premiere, as it's almost as good (or better) than actually watching it live, myself. ;)

Lynne~ I may stay away from the internet myself the next day or two, as it's difficult to remain spoiler-free at this point without inadvertently seeing something you don't want to see. Any new word on your book cover, or the fate of the chicken?

Susie~ I'm glad you had fun watching the previous movies with your friends over the weekend. You certainly know how to watch in style. :D Will you be seeing BD1 & 2 in the theater with the comfy, reserved seats?

Jaclyn~ It's good to see you; we've missed you around here. Will hubs be going to see any of the movies with you?

Ginnie~ Hey there! Hope you and the kids are doing well. Thanks for checking in with us. How are the editing and writing coming along?

Brienna~ Hey there....long time no see. It's great to hear from you. I'm sorry you have been through such a difficult time, but hope you and your husband have been able to work through your issues. How are those beautiful babies, and how old are they?

Brenda~ I hope you're feeling better now that you reallized the Metformin (or lack of) was the issue. Your nails will look great for the premiere; post a picture if you can. Yes, our minivan drives fine. It's a 2010 Honda Odyssey (but very similar to our 2006 model), and it was nice to be almost instantly familiar with all the controls.

Marielle~ Congrats on the news about your mortgage! Have a wonderful time at BD2 Tuesday night. I always enjoy reading your spoiler-free reviews and hope you're able to post one for us in the HH.

Sarah~ Good luck with the kitty adoption, and hope it all works out successfully.

Suzan~ What was your boss thinking....assigning a presentation during Twilight Premiere Week. Obviously, he/she is not a fan. :D Good luck accomplishing everything you need to accomplish in a short amount of time, and hope you're able to get some sleep.

Sean~ I'm sorry to hear about your grandma and hope she's feeling better. Have they been able to get her medication issues sorted yet?

Austin~ Thanks for checking in with us....it's good to know you're okay, but sorry that you're so swamped with work right now. Will you be seeing BD2 this weekend?
Banner by TammyAZ
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hello sibs! I've been staring at the livestream so hard my eyes are tearing and sore. But it was worth it! Check it out - Rob should always wear green. And not to neglect our brothers, cause Kris looks pretty hot too. Note the see-through qualities.

The premiere was fun to watch. Nothing deep from our Yahoo! hosts, not much new. Steph rates the chances of her writing more vampires during her lifetime at 0.1%, which is saddening. Dakota has gone brunette for her most recent film. Michael Sheen looks great with his hair a bit long in back. Everyone seemed in great spirits. I imagine more insightful interviews will be posted shortly. Kris and Rob did take a few photos together and looked very comfortable and complemented each other well and were much as always. I loved Kris' hair tonight, very classic Hollywood to me. But I think their dynamic has changed. To be expected, I suppose.

I think I will also stay away from media until I see BD2 on Thursday. I don't want to be more spoiled than I am, I want to have a fresher view of it. So I will stay offline - since in a copule hours all the fans that are seeing it right now (SQUEE!) will be flooding the online world with their opinion.

Austin - Aw, thanks for checking in! I know how that work thing goes. When Gene Rodenberry's dream comes true we will always have time for Twilight.

Brienna - Welcome back, and I'm glad you took time for your marriage. We're all about love here. Thanks for the quickie update!

Ginnie - *gets up laughing* Glad to see you too, honey! We had fun on FB, huh? That was super glitzy, and Rob's suit - I've never been a fan of colored suits but WHOA, that one rewrites my fashion preferences.

Lynne - It was so much fun FBing with you while watching the livestream! I think that was the first time I've done anything like that ... at first I was perplexed about managing multiple media, but thank God for my smartphone! This sounds like a nice time to do some quiet work. Enjoy! I will see you after I see BD2.

Sarah - Keeping my fingers crossed for you and the kitten!

Sean - I'm sure the video was lovely but I turned it off. Heavy In Your Arms is actually one of my least fave soundtrack songs. It's a great song - I just don't like it. But it's wonderful that your friend covered it.

Songbird - And we could read outside without our books getting damaged by wet - and bindings would break in but not break - and there would only be correct spelling.

Susie - THEY'RE RUNNING IT AGAIN ON YAHOO MOVIES! Didja catch it? I'll FB you!

Suzan - So sorry you couldn't be here! But see pix above. You missed NOTHING in terms of comments from interviewers - Yahoo movies was not worth the trouble to translate, or even hear in your native language. But lots of lovely-looking and lovely-being Twicast. Good luck with the presentation!

Tracy - It sounds like you have done a lot of work! Great going - I'm sure it looks beautiful. Yes, knowing why I was off helped a lot, and now I'm back on it. If I get my nails done, I will post a pic!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hello siblings :)

I haven't watched any of the premiere yet, got off work at 7 and Jason surprised me with a home cooked meal..then we have our regular Monday night shows :) but alas, here I am. I was very pleased to see the pictures of the cast, particularly Rob and Kristen..she looked so glam and whoa, he was amazing in that suit. Very few people can pull off that color and boy did he ever!!!

As far as the cat goes, the one I wanted got adopted but I talked with hubby aka Jason today and he's softening towards the idea adopting one fairly soon and said I can go down to the adoption agency tomorrow to take a look, but that I can't just make the decision (I wouldn't ever do that anyway, but at least he's open to the idea!). Thanks for all the well wishes about it..we were really thinking about having kids fairly soon, but I need to graduate first and I think accomplishing a few personal goals, like getting a cat and losing weight, before I get pregnant would be a good idea :)

Brenda-smart idea to avoid the media..I'm thinking I will too. I caught Taylor's interview with Ryan Seacrest today and he warned us that by the end, we'll all likely be crying! No more spoilers!!

Hi Brienna, I'm Sarah :) Nice to meet you and sorry to hear about all your troubles :(

Song-I knew you'd appreciate that reference!! I finished season 2 from the library again and will start season 3 tomorrow. It's the show I have on during the day while I study and clean, Jason doesn't care for it so I watch it when he's not home. Oooh I want to make my own bracelet :) Cool :)

Marielle-Holland traffice sounds horrific! You were right to be exhausted. Any word on your interview yet?

Sean-doctor/med mix ups are awful. Sorry to hear. Really cool to hear how you discovered Twilight! I didn't understand the obsession either until I was about five chapters into the first book..then it hooked me!

HI Ginnie, I'm Sarah :)

Mmkay, time to go vote for the Voice and Dancing with the Stars before bed :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Okay folks, this is my last post until the morning after! I will be seeing BD Pt 2 in 31 hours. I will resurface here after that time.

Tracy - Edward couldn't give you a massage because he was at the premiere! He'll probably be busy for the next few days ...

Brenda - it was good fun, wasn't it?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

And so it ends!!! :(

To be honest I haven’t seen anything of the red carpet event yet. Can somebody tell me if the fans have been decent towards Kris? I know she did wrong but she didn’t deserve to be booed at during the premiere.

They did look stunning together

I do have a few comments… I really didn’t like Rob’s short hair…I just loved the sex hair we have seen since the Cosmopolis promo tour…and the suit… it looked perfect and all but I just don’t think green is his color…

Anyway… in just a few hours I’ll be driving east to enjoy the marathon. My phone is charged so I’ll try to make updated through out the experience. I’m not sure if I can post immediately after BD2 as I have to drive home and it will be 3.30am before I get home but I’ll try…

Now posts,

Brenda, I feel the same way. I’m bloody terrified of this movie. Especially since we saw the battle in the trailers… I just don’t know… I have made reservations to see it again on Thursday. I just hope nothing really bad will happen and I will hate it…

Suzanne, enjoy your days off… your supervisor should have taken into account that you had a day off. Don’t be too stressed about it.

Sarah, kittens can be so nice. It will be fun in the beginning to watch him with the dog. I’m sure that as long as the dog isn’t chasing after the cat it will be okay.
No, no news yet on the interview but they said it would be next week.
Yes, the traffic can be insane here. I prefer driving later in the day or night because it’s quiet on the road then… Today I’ll be heading straight into rush hour traffic…

Paula, I’ll see you tonight!!!!!

Susan, I’m doing a half marathon as well. I hate MN anyway so I don’t mind stepping in at Eclipse. I couldn’t take an extra day off at work for it.
I’m in no rush with the new job. I just take it slow and try to find the perfect match.
I’ll see your comments tomorrow than? Go to the BD thread, I’m sure we will have a spoiler thread there…

Hihi I only now notice our new name…”Spoiler free zone!” hihi so funny… :D

Tracy, I’ll do my best to keep you all spoiler free. I know we have fun at the BD thread with the spoilers but I’ll work hard to refrain here…

Okay, other good news, my mortgage finally came through!!! It was a close call (I had until tomorrow) but everything seems okay now.

Alright I have to finish up a lot before I can head to the cinema.
See you all later…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First off, premire looks. I actually liked the dress Kristen wore (yeah, I'm a guy, I know). It actually reminded me of an edgier version of a dress that Cher wore to the Oscars about 15 years ago--and IMO Cher's dress was more revealing, while Kristen's dress, though also vintage inspired, was more modern, and with that top, I'm tempted to say goth, too. Kristen and the dress' designer will be auctioning it off to raise money for Sandy victims.

And as for Rob's suit, well, he made green work :) I'm not a fan of green in clothes for the most part. Light lime green works for feminine stuff, while dark green--as in British Racing Green--works for men, so it might be the shade that Rob chose for his suit.

And now an announcement: (Joking intro to my first fan fic chapter proper): Ladies and Gentlemen (especially ladies), start kickin' a$$! First actual chapter of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight will be on later tonight or tomorrow--I have to do dishes after this show that I'm watching goes off and I need to get something to eat, too.

I'll be back for more later possibly, if I'm still awake after my chore and getting dinner.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm leaving in 15 minutes for the Marathon!!!! Wish me luck!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house