Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all and happy Thanksgiving to my American friends.

I've been trying to post a link to the latest version of my book cover, but photobucket doesn't seem to be working properly. For those of you who are on FB, the picture is on my author page there. Here is the link to the page.

Marielle - most middle eastern countries are a little dangerous. I don't know how they're going to manage security. We'll have to make sure we pray for Rob while he's there!

Songbird - sorry to hear that the kids are sick. That's never fun. I miss your big posts.

Grayce - thanks for that! I will need all the help I can get to spread the word. I want this book to make a profit for Rochelle, to justify her faith in me. We'd need to sell about 1000 copies for that. If I sell 3000 it will be her biggest selling book to date. That may not seem like much, but it is a little more difficult than you might imagine.

Sarah - the more nerdy friends, the better!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Ewww Austin! I think I just threw up a little... :sick:
Are you sure that's a turkey? Maybe you should check the package before you stuff that bird...
:lol:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by openfire »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY AMERICAN SIBLINGS!
and Happy Thursday to everyone else!

Even though I am not American, I still want to say, that I am VERY thankful for all of your here. I am very thankful to SM, for writing such a wonderful series of books, which brought us all together - my lovely Lexicon Family!! :D

So, let's see if this picture thing works for me...

[EDIT - nope it didn't LOL].

So here is a litte Rob lovin' for you all to swoon over! ;)

Anyway - to the posts!!

Desiree - Did you manage to go see BD2 with your mom while visiting her?

Lulu - Hi there! Even though you can post often, it's nice to see some fly-by posts :) Hope you are well!

Tracy - I really enjoyed your review of BD2! Glad you enjoyed the cottage scene as well. I defo think lots of close-ups somehow makes scenes seem even more intimate, than if we were watching a full on non-PG13 rated scene. (Lynne - did you enjoy this scene more the second time round?).
I agree with you about your Jacob comments - glad that MR didn't change the end of the story to all about him (and Renesmee). Really glad that changed the comment to "should I call you dad now?" as well LOL! As much as Jake does annoy me in earlier books, Taylor totally nails him. He is Jake!
I can't believe I forgot to mention that scene!! During the battle, when Bella looks at Emmett and he crossed the field with them to walk towards the Volturi. Glad they kept that in!
And agree with all of your battle scene comments - all the heartbreaking scenes! Especially Garret holding back Kate, and when Seth dies... that howl :(
Enjoy your Thanksgiving trip to your in-laws!

Sandy - Nice to see your familar red text ;)

Grayce - I forgot that Edward didn't sparkle during Isle Esme.. aw, that would have been nice to see! I just really loved the sparkle effects in Eclipse..wish they kept that one!
I hope everything settles with your boys' mom.. will she be ok with the younger one coming to live with you? You seem like a very understanding parent! :)
Susie wrote: I was writing my speech for this week's Toastmasters meeting. I usually write it a couple of days before so I have time to practice it. It's called "Just the Right Age" and it's about how I feel about age. Some of you have something to do with this...
Susie - I'm intrigued... do we get to read it?? (I know, I know.. I am rubbish at emailing you back! I WILL do it this weekend!!)
That's really nice that DaugherDear will be able to talk to you all today. How is she enjoying her time away? Has she got a blog like last time?
I like the idea of Black Friday, but obviously we don't have that here! Are the sales really as good as everyone says?
Ok. I have a daft question. What IS a yam??? LOL. Is that what one of your pics are? Cos I don't recognise them... LOL.

Amanda Beth - I have a HG fanfic question for you... I haven't read any, but I was wondering if you have any recs? LOL. Hope you don't mind me asking! I generally only read AH Twilight fics (not always though, but I do like them)..not sure what the equilalent of HG this would be? LOL.
Btw, your new siggy is gorgeous!!

Sarah - I know what you mean! When I first read MS, I was really angry at whoever leaked it too...ruining it for us all! I really hope SM will release it, but I honestly don't think she will :( It would be a best seller as well... (Austin - I KNOW! As if it couldn't end at a worse part!!).
That would be great if you joined the HH fb page! Don't worry, it is a closed group so only people we are invited can join. It's just us here (apart from the couple folk that don't have fb). No strangers - all Twilight lovers!! :D
Brienna wrote:
openfire wrote:I have a couple of nit-picky things though... I don't think Bella would show Edward him leaving her in the woods LOL and I wish that she had showed him proposing to her. But apart from that - I LOVED IT!!!
Even though I agree with you...
After showing him all of that, Bella says; "Now you see, noone has ever loved someone as much as I love you" (not the exact line). But, because of that, that little piece did make sense.
She was showing him exactly how devastated she was when he left, because she loves him that much. Really didn't like that bit at first, but I can understand how it makes sense...
Paula - Yeah I guess that makes sense. But I still think Edward would have liked it better if she showed him when he proposed to her instead (or the LegHitch.. hahahaha!).

Lynne - I agree - I LOVE the score! And the score to Twilight, so yeah, love Carter Burwell LOL. I think it is so nice of him to have done the first & the last..full circle!
As much as I enjoyed the Cottage Scene, I have to agree about the fairy dust around Bella...the only bit that made me cringe!
Don't worry; we will all recommend your book! I hope you want me to spead the world here & not just in America...?

Ashley - Congrats on the new job!! I know you have probably said..but what are you planning to do at college? Where are you hoping to go?

Sean - Sorry about your grandma :( I hope she gets better soon. How come she is in hospital?
YAY ON GETTING BD1!! I am sooo happy for you!! Now, go - watch it!

Marielle - Enjoy your party tomorrow! When do you guys start to move into your new house? Have you started packing all your stuff up?

Songbird - Sorry to hear that your kiddies are sick..hope they feel better soon!
I saw the toothfairy pillows on fb - they look very cool!!

Anyone I missed - HELLO THERE!

Hopefully I can swing by tomorrow too. On Saturday, it is my SiL's bfs birthday (the big 40) so we are heading through to the city for a party. Staying overnight in a hotel & doing some Christmas shopping the next day! Should be fun!

Anyway, catch you all later!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Songbird - That's a great idea for collecting their teeth! I don't think my mom ever woke me up...though I was a much better sleeper when I was little.

Jaclyn - The boys' mom seems to be okay with it for the moment but it's still a month away. She's on Prozac for her severe bipolar disorder so Lord help us all if she changes her mind. :worried:
But I'm anxious about it too. I don't care what he decides. I mean either way, make a decision and stick with it. If you're going to move get on with it. If you're going to stay, accept it and quit torturing yourself. I hate to see him so tormented. And she hasn't been helpful in the past with these types of things. Oh around us she's saying she's fine with whatever he decides, but to the boys she's laying on the guilt. Honestly, it's always been more important to her that they love her than that she love them. Sad...

Sarah- We'd love to have you on FB :grin:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for being late to the party, but I've felt like crap since I got done with dinner and the weather is changing again. I'm wondering if I should've gotten up since I feel so out of it. But I have my MP3 player, my DVDs, and some of my Twilight books, and I've dug out some of my WWII books, too. Gotta hope that I feel better after tonight so I can at least work on fan fic and do things with iTunes tomorrow.

Anyways, about feeling like crap. It feels like a sinus headache and I feel sort of like throwing up, too, though right now I also feel hungry--maybe. Thanksgiving dinner was nice, and I did finally get a haircut from my father today.

Comments:

Jaclyn and Sarah: My grandma at first had surgery on her spinal cord to relieve pressure from calcium deposits there, then she had all kinds of complications after initially doing well. The thing that upsets me the most is that she's potentially on her death bed and some family members are fighting and are using her illness and what not as a potential get rich quick scheme with lawsuits and such.

Sarah: We'd be glad to have you in the FB group. Some people use that more than here, and some do post more here than there, but the majority use both TL and the FB group. I don't think that anyone would mind much if you offered to join up.

Everyone: Well, depending on how I'm feeling after a while, I might try and get something to eat, but aside from that, I might just climb in bed and do some reading before I go to sleep. I don't know why I feel like crap, but I'm hoping to go out to visit my mother tomorrow when we drop off her last pay check from work. But right now, I just feel really like crap and really out of it, so no fan fic writing tonight most likely.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Jaclyn - I want the word spread as widely as possible, so that's great! The more the merrier! Yes, the fairy dust sucks. I don't know whose idea that was and why they thought it was a good one.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Openfire(sorry I forget your name): For canon fics my two take place after Breaking Dawn... Also, Tonise wrote Perfect Forever. I usually don't like AU BUT what Drives Her by Virginia May is amazing... What happened if the Cullens left after that first day in biology. Last but not least, Kayla's stories Singularity and Coalescense. They're about Alice being turned and eventually finding Jasper then the Cullens. Everything is super canon.

I'm going back to edit mine... I had no beta and there are a lot of errors. It was the beginning of my writing and I wasn't nearly as practiced as I am now. I wasn't happy with it when I just went back and reread it.

I'm on my tablet or else I'd hunt down the links. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Are my US siblings feeling stuffed??? ;)
Who is going to participate in Black Friday?
I saw on our news that the shopping already started Thursday night. I can’t believe people are idiotic enough to go so early. You guys must be getting very good deals on Black Friday.

Anyway, posts,

Susan, we found a cream cheese at the Lidl that is cheap and works perfectly. If I’m back from Antwerp tomorrow I’ll try and see if I can pm you the name.

Susie, it must have been weird celebrating thanks giving when it’s almost warm enough to walk around in a t-shirt!!! Here the weather is also warm for the season. Though from the end of next week they are predicting a drop in temperature and snow. (I hate snow!!!)
How did your dinner turn out?

Sarah, I have read one or two good continuation of MS but I can’t find them this second. I’ll have a look at it this weekend and send you links.
But you should check out ForksVampireGirl on Fanfic.net.. she has a good continuation of MS and also Eclipse from Edwards pov which I really like. I think her story was the first fanfic I ever read.
I have IMDB as a favorite on FB, this makes it very easy for me to follow all the news.

Lynne, yeah I’ll pray with you.
When I was at the Breaking dawn viewing with some friend I told them out your book. They sounded interested. Only the thought they might have issues reading it in English. However I’m sure they can read it. They had read BD in English as well.

Austin, I’m sure your cooking skills are better than producing a blast-ended-skrewt!!!

Jaclyn, if I’m correct we are getting the key the 17th of December. I’m not completely sure when my agent discussed with the seller but I wasn’t in the mood to call around this week.
No I haven’t start packing yet… Strangely it hasn’t even crossed our mind yet to start packing… December still feels so far away.

Alright, I’m off… I need to finish up some work stuff today and I want to spend some time (from work) on downloading some fanfic on my phone.

See you all tomorrow evening!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Well, I'm having a freak out at the moment. Hubby is away until about midday tomorrow on a photography shoot and my face feels numb and I'm feeling light headed on and off. I've made an appointment at the doctor's for tomorrow, but I'm terrified something's going to happen overnight with my son here alone with me. Please pray. I'm feeling under loads of stress right now for various different reasons (some of them medical) and I'm just not coping.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Happy insane shopping day!

Sarah, We're happy you found us! We love new siblings to share the Twilight love with.
Yep, she was the nurse trying to get Emily to fill out the forms when Richard had the heart attack. It was really funny...especially when Lorelai gets there. Which season did you pick?
She SHOULD know how much we all want MS...I know she's been bombarded by people asking about it because she has mentioned it in interviews, etc. And the story is there...she just needs to finish writing it...that's why this seems like she is punishing her fans.
I can understand about the privacy...I am like that, too...I have a group of friends on a Harry Potter site, and it took me MONTHS before I even told them my real name. The FB group is closed and I'm not even sure it's visible...it's by invitation only, so it's just like here except even more private. And there are some sisters there who don't come on here anymore.

Austin, nutritious and delicious! Tastes just like fish?

Lynne, they are feeling better, thanks. My son is driving me batty...he cried and cried for about 30 minutes today because I was trying to get him to put his shoes on to go pick up Bug from school and I tickled him and he pinched the box he had in his hand and it got a slight crease in it. It escalated and he ended up lying on the floor screaming bloody murder. He's tired and I'm trying to get him to take a nap before we have to go to Bug's swimming lessons, but it's not working. He's still crying about everything.
How are you doing? Are you feeling better? Please let us know!

Jaclyn, They will feel better soon! Thanks!

Grayce, yeah, they are just so cute...Bug's only lost 2 teeth so far and she hasn't ever woken up, but it will be more convenient to have the pillows. I was going to make one for my best friend's younger daughter for Christmas, but apparently she has a toothfairy box, so it would be redundant.

Sean, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving....feel better!

Marielle, Mon Chou is pretty cheap...100 g for 99 cents I think? MUCH cheaper than philadephia, which is good because I use a LOT of it!! But I'd love to hear if the brand you found at lidl is cheaper!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ