Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm back from the doctor. My FIL came over to look after Little Man while I was there. I hadn't even thought to ask him, but Hubby rang him and asked him if he could help.

The doctor said that there's no way it's a stroke or anything like that. He's getting me to have some blood tests, but he didn't seem overly concerned. It could be anemia. He said it was most likely to be stress. I looked at him and thought, 'Stress? Me? I'm only on regular anti-depressants, have three jobs, a child and husband to look after, the possibility of having to run the Australian operations of Wombat Books next year if my boss moves to America, my first novel coming out mid-year, the second one being edited at the moment, and some other medical tests that I have to have coming up in three weeks. Why on earth would I be stressed?' :roll:

For those of you who would like an autographed copy of my book when it comes out I will be more than happy to oblige, especially if you buy other copies for friends or contact local libraries to request that they stock my books. I'm trying to think of any way to spread the word.
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

susie--Thank you for explaining that whole thing for me--and I knew right away you were the organizer, so thank you extra specially for caring for me so sweetly. :)

jaclyn--Your name was on the card! Thank you! I loved that you shared what I wrote with your hubs. Aw, we're like this adorable little family--except big, because we're all around the world! :lol:

Twilightfan87--Thank you! You're right, this group is so amazing and fun. You don't see me here much because I mostly keep my posts to the Facebook version. I need to come this way again though, I do love this cozy feel here on the Lex.

Lynne--I didn't know you were having medical issues! Yeah, your life sounds very stressful right now--I wish I could help. I hope you can find ways to simplify some. I would love to put in a request for your book at my library! Can you tell me the full title and your full author name so I can give them the info? I'm so happy for you on this accomplishment!

Everyone--Susie explained what I was talking about (sorry!), so yeah, hubs and I are slightly defective and have to use fertility treatments to have our babies. Luckily that has worked for us in the past, which is how we have babyboy (who I suppose I should be calling toddlerboy now!). We never got pregnant naturally, even after NOT using contraceptives 9 years. We tried everything from Chlomid to Reflexology, Herbs to an Endocrinologist, a year of Inseminations and other treatments only to find success with Invitro Fertilization. Unfortunately, that cost $16,000. But we had 6 viable embryos from it. Two were put back into me of which I got our one little boy a couple of years ago. Each subsequent embryo transfer (we'll do two more transfers of two embryos each before we're done) is $5,500. Both these figures include total cost of drugs and the procedure. The doctors usually just tell you the cost of the procedure making you think it's not as bad, but when you get into it, it's almost double because of the cost of meds!! Crazy. Anyway, so you can see how heavily this weighs on our minds. We want to have children, and currently we really want to give our 2 year old a sibling before too much time passes and they are separated by too many years to be little playmates. Some people here knew about this, and Susie was kind and gracious enough to do something to help, bringing others in. Once again, I feel so incredibly loved, thank you so much for your support!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll probably be back to post more later, but I have some sad news. At 8:10 this evening, my grandma passed away. She was taken off life support earlier today, and she died earlier tonight. Sad end, but she was in pain and I'm glad that she's not suffering anymore and is in a better place. :(
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Sean- I am so sorry :(

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Sean - My sincere condolences to you and your family. I'm sorry your grandmother was suffering. This must be a shock to you and your brothers, especially since you all lived with her. Will there be any changes in the living arrangement?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: As you said on the FB HH, you did mix up my grandmas. But the sentiment is the same. Thanks, because I'm gonna need it.

I'll post more for everyone later as far as what's going on, what I plan on doing, and why I'm extremely upset about her passing, and it's not just because I was close to her. :cry: :x :heartbroke:
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

As some of you already know, I've had a death in my family tonight. Just after 8:00, my grandma on my father's side of the family passed away. She was taken off life support earlier today, because it became clear that she wasn't gonna get any better and that she was in pain. At least she's in a better place now...

I wasn't at the hospital when she died, but we did get a phone call from my mother about it. I guess that I'm coping as well as I can. I'm gonna have to go into work Monday and let my boss know about this and I might have to call off work because I have to stay home with my grandma who lives with us--there's another reason for that, too, which will lead me to why I'm I'm extremely upset with what has gone on.

Why I'm upset (read really effin' pissed off, almost to the point of tears), is how one of my aunts and one of my uncles has been acting. They're basically trying to get rich quick. They want to sue the hospital, and my uncle wants to sue my grandpa for "killing her". Gimme a effin' break! You remember the Kristen and Rob/Rupert and Liberty scandal and what I said about leaving the fandom? Well, that's only a taste of the anger and disdain that I already had for my aunt and uncle. I've basically turned my back on them for their past actions, and they gave me plenty of damn good reasons for my to do so. But with this, they've, especially my uncle, have sunk to new lows. I can't believe at a time like this that people can act like that! It's asinine! So I have a very low opinion of those people right now, and my mother, father and my brothers agree with me, because they, especially my mom and dad, have had to put up with them for years.

As for me, I have no plans on going to my grandma's funeral. I mean no disrespect, and my mother and father are OK with it. Someone has to watch my other grandma (the one who lives with us), and I don't want to be around my aunt and uncle in my emotional state. Some of you already know that I can get emotional, and when I visited my grandma on Wed, I was a crying mess and I had to leave before I wanted to because I didn't expect to get so upset. But it was seeing her in obvious pain and knowing what's been going on that did that to me. I don't want to get emotional like that in front of certain people, namely my aunt and uncle. I'm already insanely pissed at them, and I don't want either of those a-holes to see me like this.

My day wasn't all bad--I finally got some Bobili pizzas and the sauce to match for the first time since god knows how long, and I had a great dinner. I'll try and make one of them and catch F1 practice tonight to try and take my mind off of things and do some stuff on here after practice is over.

I'm just letting everyone know that I'm doing OK--or at least the best I can--and I want to thank Susie, Brenda, Joyce, Sarah, Lulu and others who have commented on the FB page or here so far, and I know that you guys won't be the last. I know that it doesn't seem like much, but a few words of condolence has made me feel a little better. It's just how certain people are acting over this that has me pissed and upset. But at least grandma is in a better place now.

I'll be back later.

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - I'm so sorry, especially about what is going on in your family at the moment. Having that kind of family infighting doesn't make this easier on anyone. Not going to your grandmother's funeral sounds like a wise move, all things considered. She knows you loved her and that's the most important thing.
Try and keep your head up and ignore the crap that's going on around you, especially if it upsets you. If you can do something constructive about it, fair enough, if not, just let them fight it out amongst themselves.

lulu - yeah, my life's a bit stressful! The book's not out until June/July, so I think it's best to leave it until then.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Short run through...
Lynne- glad it's not something apparent serious. I have weird things like that happen to me all the time...and it's usually stress. It's amazing what stress can do to you physically. Sounds like we should put you in "time out" so you can have a break. :wink:... as if that would work right?

Sean- So very sorry for your loss! Seems like I've lost half my family around the holidays. Making no excuses for your aunt and uncle but this is why the husband says he hates family. His uncle passed last year right after Christmas and the funeral was New Years Day. His sons and daughter got into a *fight* at the hospital. They all left so they could beat the others to his house, and he wasn't gone yet!
It's sad but the way people handle death and loss sometimes will leave you wondering about their humanity. I do so hope they behave, but before you skip the funeral, remember that you need to grieve and say goodbye in order to have that closure. Don't let what a couple of psychos do or say rob you of your chance to do what you need to. If you choose to go, we'll all be there with you. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Songbird- quite a few people get sick in winter due to the holidays, changing weather, and for me, allergies. This is only referring to the cold and sniffles. The flu...well quite honestly, a lot of people get that from the vaccine.
Holidays- you are around more people than you would normally be and indoors where it's warm and incubating germs.
Changing weather- ever heard of your blood thinning? It's a fact and usually people throw off their coats at the first sign of spring or even a warmer than normal winter day. The same as bundling up or turning on the heat at the first day the temps below 70. Your body needs spring and fall to adjust otherwise, it's working double time trying to catch up and still function normally. Add this to the activity changes and you're asking to be exhausted. If your body is exhausted you will get sick.
Allergies- once again, this is strictly speaking for me but- indoors more with pets and all the other critters moving inside from the cold. Heat dries out your sinus making it necessary to do something to get humidity back into the air. So over dry to too much humidity, add snow outside growing mold and mildew and *BAM* I'm down for a week.
The flu, I have never taken the flu vaccine and it's been almost 20 years since I've had the flu. If your immune system isn't compromised it's better to build up our own immunity. They will tell you don't get the flu with the vaccine just the symptoms. It's been my experience that the symptoms are what make you feel like you're dying to start with so just the symptoms without the benefit of your body fighting off the virus so you build antibodies...uhmm...no thanks.

Lulu, so glad your determination has remained. I work with a woman who has always wanted children, but looking at all the stuff she did NOT do to have them, maybe she just thought she did.
Also, siblings that are 2 years or less, or 5 years or more tend to get along better. Speaking from personal experience.

Guess I need to get to bed...traveling today for Thanksgiving again.

Night night, ya'll!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Beth: They were acting like that before Grandma got really bad, and they've acted a-holey most of their adult lives, certainly throughout much of my life. Makes it hard for me to be around them, and with how emotional I get at stuff like this, it's probably best that I stay home and not go to the funeral. Someone has to look out for my other grandma anyways, and it's probably best for me to stay home. My parents are fine with it, and it's probably best for me and everyone else IMO.

I hope that I don't sound like a bad person or that I don't want to be there, but various things are making it so that it's probably better for everyone that I don't go. Certainly not being around two people who I want to yell and scream at for what they've done is not how I'd want to spend that day and I don't want to subject anyone else to it, that's how bad things are.

Everyone: If anyone has questions or comments or you just wanna talk, please feel free to PM me if you want. It's just a bit of an emotional roller coaster right now with me.