Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

TGIF!!! :yahoo: I’m am so done with this week. Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day and I am exhausted. My legs hurt so badly that even wearing my pants hurt... I’m going home early from work and do nothing but eat chocolate..

My emotional state isn’t better… I’m still not able to write about what is going on without throwing a tantrum and break down. I need answers first but I am regretting my decision to look for a new house greatly at the moment.
I’ll explain everything when I can think about it without the emotional break down around the corner…

Anyway, more happier things… I’m so grateful to have you all here to distract me…I wouldn’t know what to do without you all…

Caryn, I agree, I felt really bad for Kris when her parents made their announcement right in the middle of her issues. I was really worried about her. Still am a little bit but maybe in time Rob can help her become the honest and strong woman he needs.
I’m pretty sure she needs him to survive Hollywood and I won’t be surprised if they decide to move to the UK in the future. I think once they are ready they both want to escape the madness of that.

Sarah, I actually love doing a bit of DIY… I’m not that handy but along the way you learn to do a lot of things. It feels good to admit that as a woman I can do things myself without a man helping me..

Lynne, I hope your dog will feel better soon. Eating of grass usually indicates that he has something in his stomach that needs to come out. Dogs eat grass to initiate the gag reflex. Now he is eating he probably got everything out of his system… I saw somebody suggested it but indeed rice and boiled chicken breast would do really well if he ever feels that bad..

Susie, I can imagine us having a lot of fun… I wish you all could come here. I could use a little fun at the moment. But yeah, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine in a few days… I just need chocolate and a good book.
Speaking of books, do you have any ideas yet about publishing your traveling memoires?
Did you write about Chicago already… All my pictures from our get together are on my bf’s laptop which is locked with a password so I can’t get them to send to you all. I’ll ask him this weekend if he could email me some..
You are making me jealous with all that talking about good food. I still have to figure out what I want for dinner today…

Tracy, I think I could be happy having chocolate, wine and Rob to spend a day with… it should be fun…
The car in BD2 was a Volvo… I believe it was the XC70 or something like that… it’s a newer smaller version of the one used in Eclipse.
I think Charlie pulled away because of how inflexible Bella was, she of course didn’t form into his arms…

Amanda, yes I loved SWaTH as well. Kris was okay in it. I still think she has to work on conveying emotions a bit more but she did nail the part of a not so helpless princess.

Susan, I’ll tell you that daycares and school have gone insane with all the “health” things for kids… We grew up big and healthy without all that fuss as well… I’m pretty sure that homemade cupcakes are a lot more healthier than sausages… thinking of all the fat, salt and hormones that are put into it to make it taste good…Seriously the daycare where my best friend bring her kids suggested that she would buy a toy to hand out to every kids…my best friend got so angry, she told them “If I can’t have my kids hand out home-made cookies than they won’t hand out anything!”
Later they gave in that as long that she was sure no peanuts were in it that it was okay to hand out home baked things…

Austin, I remember that you were trying to post as a female… I wonder how many people you fooled…It sure was an interesting discussion.. actually with you it always is…

Tonise, how long until you finish that education with the church you are following?
It would be nice to have you around a little bit more…

Brenda, I’m really pro-pets with kids. It’s a good way to teach them to treat animals well and to learn a bit of responsibility… I would advise a bigger dog than a terrier, especially with a cat in the house already. You could go to a shelter and find a young one that has a bit or Labrador blood in it. They don’t have a lot of hunting instinct so the cat will be safe.

Alright, I’m done… I’ll let you all know when I’ll feel up to explaining my impending nervous break down, just don’t worry too much about me… I’ll be okay in a few days time..
I’ll try to post during the weekend as I plan on doing nothing but eating chocolate, play games and read…

See you all soon!!! :wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - Yes, Harry seems back to normal. Now, I can't answer all your questions, but here are the ones I can answer:

~Is Nessie able to jump high because of her hybrid strength and speed?
I'd imagine that is the reason. The guide tells us that hybrid are slightly less strong than vampires.

~During Charlie and Bella's reunion scene, when Charlie initially but briefly breaks away from Bella during their hug, was he responding to the unusually cold temperature of her skin?
I think he's reacting to the fact that she's now cold and hard.

~Do Renesmee's (or Mackenzie Foy's) hands look disproportionately large when she touches someone's face to convey her thoughts, or is it just me?
It certainly does in the first baby scene. I don't know about the others.

~I've always assumed that Sue knows "everything" because of her history with the wolves....she had to know about the impending confrontation with the Volturi to understand the importance of why she must get Charlie to leave town. True, or not true?
I believe that is the case, yes. She'll be fully aware of what's about to go down.

~Does Tanya have a special gift, or was she simply dramatically ripping Caius' face apart with her bare hands while Kate shocked him?
I think she's just chosen to rip his face off that way (or rather, the movie-making team decided that would be a cool way to do it)

Brenda - it's amazing how difficult it can be to see those things, especially in your own work. You see what should be there, not always what is. I was just proofing a book today, and someone was being beaten with a rod, and it read: 'The blows began reining down on her.' However, in this context, it should be 'raining'. It can be easy to miss things like that, especially when the story is flowing in your head.

marielle - I'm glad your busy week is over! Yes, Harry seems back to normal now. I think the grass did its job.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy St Andrews Day all!! (Patron Saint of Scotland!)

We are going out for tea & then to the cinema tonight to see "Silver Linings". Looking forward to it!

Then on Sunday, it is my work's Christmas lunch/day out. Looking forward to that too!

I would have been on here during the last week but we have had a few diasters this week. We had to buy a new fridge-freezer, but then when we got it delivered, it was broken! So waiting on a replacement... And we have to completely gut the spare room.. that's taking a few days. Not looking forward to that!

Anyway, getting picked up in a minute, so just got time to say:

Sarah - Just realised, both of us are recently married, and you said you want to try for kids next year, and me & my hubs want to have kids soon too! Nice to be in the same boat! And even better than we can talk about Twilight too!! LOL.
Susie wrote:Marielle - I just ADORE your dream!! So funny! I'd love to do a mini-HHHCon maybe next fall and get Ann Marie and Jaclyn to come AND Ms. Caryn can ride along with my in first class! 8-)
Susie - DEFINITELY!!! I know I said I would go last time, but even if it were super expensive, I would be there if you AND Caryn AND the Dutch Sisters were there!! Count me in for sure!!!

Tracy - Glad you enjoyed seeing BD2 again! I hope to see it one more time before it leaves the cinemas. I see that Lynne already answered some of your questions. Couple of things to add:
older_twilight_fan wrote: ~Do Renesmee's (or Mackenzie Foy's) hands look disproportionately large when she touches someone's face to convey her thoughts, or is it just me?
I defo though this! Especially at the end, just before the futuretake! Very large hands LOL. Either that ot Bella as really small cheeks LOL

~During Charlie and Bella's reunion scene, when Charlie initially but briefly breaks away from Bella during their hug, was he responding to the unusually cold temperature of her skin?
I think so..that and the fact that she will be hard to the touch too... Poor Charlie!

~What song is the human in New Orleans singing just before Garrett attacks him? I'm guessing it's a Beatles song in light of Emmett's and Garrett's jokes about the Second British invasion. I adored Lee Pace and would love to see what Garrett and Kate are up to in about fifty years, and whether Garrett could adapt to the vegetarian way of life. I also assume that Emmett and Rosalie's self-control must be pretty darned good...considering they had a human's blood spilled about fifty feet away from them.
Yeah it's by the Beatles, think it's called "when I'm 64". I thought that too about Rose & Emmett!!

~Who are the two other nomads (male and female) shown standing near Peter and Charlotte?
The guy is Randal - not sure about the girl though. The actor who played Randal was at the Twilight convention I went to st year.. he never even got any lines!! LOL.

~I've always assumed that Sue knows "everything" because of her history with the wolves....she had to know about the impending confrontation with the Volturi to understand the importance of why she must get Charlie to leave town. True, or not true?
True. I've always thought this too. Plus remember, she is now one of the tribal elders since Harry died, so she should know alll about it.

~What was the inscription in the locket Bella gave to Renesmee? Was it "more than my own life," or something similar?
yep that's it..in latin I think?? The way that Bella says that line, I think she is suggesting the actual locket means more than her own life LOL. But she means the inscription :)

~Does Tanya have a special gift, or was she simply dramatically ripping Caius' face apart with her bare hands while Kate shocked him?
Nah, just for dramatic effect I think!

Everyone else - I have loved to see so many posts recently, and to see people who haven't posted in a while posting now! Yay! HELLO TO ALL I MISSED!

Hopefull I will be back soon :) Have a great weekend folks! Catch you all later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

gotta charge my computer since I only have 1% left. I will be back. I promise. :)
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We're putting the Christmas tree up this morning. My son's so excited about it. He's been counting the sleeps. Anyone would think it's Christmas Day!

Jaclyn - sorry to hear about the broken fridge. That would be annoying! Hope you enjoyed the movie. Hm, if that nomad was Randall, I think there was a female named Mary associated with him ...
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Jaclyn- it's nice to have another married girl around who is recently married and doesn't have kids yet either. I'm the only one I know like that- my friends are either single or slightly older with a kiddo already. We're thinking sometime next year for a baby (Jason just turned 30 so he's getting the baby itch) but since I'm only 25 I'm enjoying the no responsibilities thing for a bit longer ;)

Let me know how Silver Linings is- I love Jennifer Lawrence :) sorry to hear about your fridge!

Lynne- that's cute :) we put up our tree last night. I love seeing how kids get so excited. And you're right about the nomad.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I saw silver linings at an advanced screening a few weeks ago -- it was AMAZING.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

*sneaks in to HH & waves sheepishly*

Good Gosh, everyone... I had two pages of notes written down last week so I could get caught up and make a decent post, and never got around to it. Then they re-merged the threads & now I fear I'll never catch up. :eek:

Anyway, I'm reading through the pages now & seeing what I missed. And as for me, the short version of my last few weeks is this: I absolutely loved BD Part2. LOVED seeing it with Christina and how we both freaked out at all the same moments. She probably wouldn't appreciate me saying so, but I also loved getting to hear her pretty voice singing quietly along to A Thousand Years. ;-) At current count, I've seen the movie 7 or 8 times now (which is 3 or 4 times more than any of the other movies), and I may or may not have found out that the torrent my wayward spouse downloaded was in fact the final version of the movie. I'm very, very glad I didn't see it beforehand & feel very nervous about him having it at all. I told him so, too, but he's on his own with that one. Other than that, the kids are good. I'm good. I have been working part time in a book store to save some money of my own, while also continuing to pursue editing, which is still going well. I am trying to very hard to finish my fan fictions before the end of the year, but it's hard to find time with everything else going on. :write: Oh well, c'est la vie.

I miss you all. Miss having time to log in everyday and catch up over coffee, but it was certainly fun while it lasted and I'm very glad to be a part of such a great group of fellow book & movie lovers who welcome me back wtih open arms every time I pop back in. You all are amazing.

Catch you later! ((HUGS))

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey siblings. Started to post yesterday but it got lost and I didn't get to come back and fix it. Alas, it was not to be. But, here I am.

I don't have much time to post, but I wanted to post two quick things.

Marielle~ hmmm, I'll just say this. There's a bit of irony in saying she needs him to survive, considering it was always him who gave her credit for keeping him grounded. But, the bottom line is that, if she feels that way, she might as well get out now. It's one thing if they help each other, to be a touch point. But, if she can't deal without him, then she should not be there period. Hollywood, as we've seen, is vicious. They delight in building up to tear down. The reality is, if she doesn't find that strength inside her, she'll get torn apart.

Brenda~ (or was it Lynne) I had a thought today while watching BD2. I know you continue to have an issue with the fire, both from Benjamin and the campfire. I'd had a theory kind of wiggling in my brain but I needed to check some things first. The sensitivity to flame isn't anywhere near as heightened as you think, I think. I think the danger is only once they are torn apart and leaking venom. As long as their skin is intact, there is minimal danger. It is the venom that is flammable, not their body as a whole. The purple sweetness of the smoke of a vampire pyre comes from the venom. Which also explains Benjamin's willingness to develop mastery of fire as well as earth, water, and air. He has nothing to fear as long as his skin is intact.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - yes, Little Man loves Christmas. I must confess I was just as excited to put it up!

Ginnie - good to see you back! It's nice to hear your take on BD Pt 2. I wish I could justify seeing it that many times in the cinema.

Caryn - nope, wasn't me.