Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Not much has been up for me today, but I did finally get my steak dinner, and I made a really good gravy out of the pan drippings, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and some beef gravy mix. And they went real good with my potatoes, too.

And I know that this is a late posting again, but at least I'm starting to get back on track with my sleep. I should be able to finish my current fan fic chapter soon, and get started on Chapter 3, which I'm looking forward to.

Desiree: I was hoping to get some different stuff and some chicken at Dollar General, but they were out of chicken breast and most of their breakfast stuff. So I'll try again Monday after work to find some of that stuff.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Happy Sunday... I'm hoping I'll have a quiet sunday...
Maybe I'll drop in later this afternoon to do a proper post...

Right now I'm off to get some groceries...

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hubs and I went out last night to celebrate my birthday. We went to dinner and to see BD2. Such a nice night...though it was FREEZING! But there’s this restaurant that you can sign up and they will send you a coupon for your birthday for a free entree. So I had this coupon and we went, but they misunderstood my order...We always get the enchiladas, which come with a sort of salsa salad on the top, which I don’t like, so I always ask them not to put anything on top, because one time I asked for no salad on the top but they thought it looked bare, so they dumped sour cream and guacamole on it instead...neither of which I like. So NOW I tell them just not to put ANYTHING on top once it comes out of the oven. This time they listened, but they also didn’t give me any of the sides like rice, or beans. So I didn’t really get filled up. And we still had an hour and a half till the movie started, and all the stores were already closed, so we decided to go for dessert at this greek reastaurant instead...so we start walking there and it smelled SO good...so we got there and decided since neither of us was really full and we had plenty of time, we ordered an entree and shared it, and then ordered our Baklava, which I now need a recipe for because it’s SOOOO yummy!! Then we went to the movie. I had gone over the basics of the book with hubs before, because he’s only read them once, back in like...2008. So I reminded him of the peaceful resolution...the movie battle scene was still lost on him. He figured it was just that he couldn’t remember it in the book. LOL But he did like it. And I had to laugh, because these girls down at the end of our row were about ready to have a heart attack, and of course I knew what was coming, and I was thinking it served them right because they giggled and talked through the WHOLE movie...so they are ready to keel over, and then they show it’s just a vision and this one girl shouts “THAT WAS SO MEAN!!” I was surprised by how difficult it still was to watch, knowing it wasn’t real. I know you all said that, but I thought it wouldn’t be so bad...but I had to keep reminding myself “It’s not real, it’s not real” and my hubby might have some fingerprint bruises on his leg. I did have to explain Marcus’ “FINALLY” statement, because he hasn’t read the OIG. And he was just as confused as I was about the point of the scene with Toshiro/Toshima whatever his name was.

Lynne, wow...I wonder what happened then. Who usually deals with the mechanic? You or your husband? I think a lot of mechanics don’t take women seriously, so if your hubs usually deals with that kind of thing, he might not take you seriously when you ask him to check the breaks because he thinks you couldn’t possibly know more about what’s wrong with your car than he does. But if it’s you who usually deals with it, then he should be used to that and in any case, he’s being paid for a service....he should ALWAYS take you seriously so that his customers are satisfied and come back.
Yeah, since I’m home most of the time, I like to be involved. But you work during the day...I can understand why you don’t have time. I hardly get the chance to work, so I might as well do something for the kids’ school.

Sean, how long have you been sick? You’ve been mentioning that you haven’t been feeling well a lot lately...are you sure it’s the sausages? If you keep getting sick, you NEED to go to a doctor.

Marielle, how much snow did you end up getting? We got a couple of inches, but my inlaws got even more. That sucks that you are the only one in the office. Hubs’ boss got kind of shirty with him because he wanted to leave early. It was ridiculous though...he was supposed to have Monday off, but there was a project they needed him to work on, so he went in for several hours on Monday (Mr. Man’s birthday, which was why he took the day off) while the kids were in school. Then on Tuesday, he left the house at 5:45 am and started work at 6:15...he’s not due until 8! And he worked late that day. Started at 7 on Wednesday. Plus for the last 2 weeks, he’s had meetings or courses for work for which he was really late coming home...so he worked extra hours, had all of his work done that needed to be done, worked on his day off, another colleague called in because of the snow, He sent the other guy that does the same thing as Hubs home early because he had so many days off built up, and he didn’t want hubs to leave a couple of hours early in trade for working on his day off plus all the extra hours he put in in the last 3 weeks? This boss seems to think he owns him. If you are sending people home and accepting that others don’t want to come out in the snow, you can’t deny the guy who’s working overtime and coming in on his day off if he has all his work done. It’s BS!
Wow...was there a lot of drama where your mom worked? So crazy!! I don’t think there’s a lot of that at this school...not that I’ve heard anyway. The only thing is a few problems between certain parents and certain teachers...like the teacher my son has, not allowing them to bring sweets on their birthdays. I found out from one of the other parents that that is JUST my son’s teachers...the other teachers will let them bring whatever they want. And apparently at Easter last year, the ouderraad bought chocolade lollies for all the kids and gave them to the teachers to hand out in the class....all the kids were given these chocolade lollies...except the kids in this one class. The 2 teachers are both health nut type people and try to control what the kids eat. They also sent a note home saying we weren’t allowed to send cookies or anything with our kids for snack time. They bring it from home, it should be what the parents want to send. The teachers shouldn’t be able to decide what I’m allowed to feed my child. But between the teachers, as far as I know, they all get along well.
I’m sorry if I wasn’t very nice about Holland in regards to snow...I didn’t mean to offend you. There are places in the US where they are even worse than here if they get snow. It’s just because you’re not used to it. What we got Friday here is what Wyoming pretty much looks like from September through April with a few big storms in between in which we will get several feet of snow. We have to learn to drive in snow, because otherwise we won’t be going anywhere for MONTHS. I assure you, I didn’t mean it to be insulting...just a difference and to explain why you were so upset about the idea of 20cm of snow.

Amanda Beth, aw....but the snow is so pretty!! Actually, I am one who would say the opposite...snow is only good if I don’t have to strap slats of wood to my feet. I tried skiing once...it didn’t go well. But I LOVE the snow. I grew up in Wyoming, and now that I live here, I really miss the snow, so when we get a good snow like we did on Friday, it makes me happy...I get my fix. My best friend lives in LA and she always gets a bit homesick for the snow at this time of year, but she says she couldn’t leave CA now because she likes having citrus trees in her yard, etc.

Natalie, where do you live that it snows so little?? I have to admit that as much as I love the snow, that doesn’t include driving in it. But then, I don’t like driving at all. I was the only 16 year old who was not looking forward to that particular right of passage...I avoided it. I only got my license because my mom said I had to, and I lucked out...I went to get my learners permit renewed but they had a problem with pictures at the DMV and ended up getting way behind so they were rushing and when they sent me my hard copy, they accidentally sent me a license instead of a learners permit. We called them, and they said it was their mistake, so I was just lucky...I never had to take the driving test.

Desiree, sorry you are struggling with something...if you decide you need to discuss it, you know we are here.

Sarah, what are the ornaments like? Are they ball ornaments with pictures painted on them?
I think I’m going to try to make a gingerbread house...just a really really small one to go on top of a cake I’m making. We don’t have graham crackers here, and nothing really like them...the only thing close is a cookie and is round, so wouldn’t be good for making a house. But I will try to make actual ginger bread and make a house...if that doesn’t work, I might use cut-out cookie dough and see if I can’t rig something up. I’m usually good at baking, so now that I know a bit more of the process, I might be able to do it.
I found a pink gorilla on Webkinz and sent my friend the link. So she can get one if she wants to.

Tracy, was your girls night out fun? Did hubs take the hint? I find that a lot of men don’t take hints well. With my hub, even straight out asking him to do things doesn’t always work. I saw this thing on FB which is SO appropriate for my hubs...it said “Ladies, if you ask a man to do some chore, he WILL get to it...you don’t need to remind us every 6 months!” It took hubs 6 years to finally put the light fixture in my laundry closet so I could see what I am doing. And I asked him to get a bag out of the shed on Thursday and then that night I asked him where he had put it and he said he hadn't gotten it out yet. I finally ended up getting it out myself on Saturday morning. What I hear from other women seems to indicate that it's a male thing. Happy tree decorating!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Songbird wrote:I’m sorry if I wasn’t very nice about Holland in regards to snow...I didn’t mean to offend you.
Don't worry about it!! I was teasing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sad thing about your statement was that you were so right!!! it's ridiculous how this country seems to fall apart over a bit of white powder...

PS. I'll to a full reply post tomorrow... I'm in a writing mood and want to keep it going for this afternoon
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sonbird: I only had the sausage on one night. I actually haven't really been sick recently, but I've been stressed out over my grandma's passing and working weird hours. Right now I'm working mostly got get back on a good sleep schedule, which I should be on by tonight.

I've mostly felt sick because of that stuff, and the weather not being able to decide what it wants to do isn't helping, either.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I popped in last night but didn't post. I didn't wind up going Christmas shopping, as my mom had a headache, so Jason and I made a fire and then watched Christmas movies :) a nice quiet relaxing night after the chaos of last week!

Oh yay posts!!

Song- ugh, I hate work drama :/ sorry to hear..so terrible! As if life isn't stressful enough, ya know?

The ornaments I'm going to make are very simple! I got some clear plastic balls, gonna find pictures I like and stick them in there as well as silver glitter :) I posted a picture of the Hallmark ornament on the HH FB page because its definitely kinda creepy and I may sell it on eBay! Now that we live so close to work, I'm hoping for a good snow soon!

Marielle-enjoy your writing mood :)

Lynne-hope the BBQ was fun :)

Mel- those are adorable!! I think the whole Hallmark thing is because I work there now and there are some serious collectors who spend a lot of money on them. It's fascinating.

Another quiet day here, I may try and do my shopping today, but I'm going to go to a girlfriends to bake cookies this afternoon :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Yesterday's Christmas party was really nice. It was good to sit around and chat with a few other authors. We had a nice afternoon together.

One snag did arise from yesterday, though. We took Harry the dog back to my parents' place to make sure he couldn't get under the fence to get the nextdoor neighbours' chickens, as my parents were going to look after Harry when we go on holidays in a couple of weeks. However, although Harry couldn't get under the fence, he spent the whole time running backwards and forwards along the length of the fence, sometimes barking at them, so I don't think we can leave him with my parents. It will be too stressful for them. I've asked our nextdoor neighbours, who also have a dog, if they can take him. The guy seemed to think it would be okay, but his wife wasn't home. I'll check it with her when I can. Also, Harry hasn't met their dog officially yet, so I'm hoping they get along.

Songbird - I'm glad Hubby enjoyed BD2! Yes, I don't know what happened with the car. It is usually me the mechanic deals with, so I don't think it's that I'm a female.

Sarah - yep, sure was! :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Pfff. I really don’t like Mondays… I know I have said it a thousand times but I just can’t seem to get over it…I feel like crap this morning and am hoping that I’ll start to feel better soon.
Anyway I’ve got 5 days of work left till I’m done for this year. Even better these 5 days are manager free… she’s on holiday.

Anyway, I did absolutely nothing this weekend… maybe that’s why I feel like crap as well…I should have done something but I just was too lazy.

Okay, now posts,

Lynne, auch those bills hurt like shoot… I’m blessed not to have had one like that. I seriously always wonder if the costs of the repairs are worth the car. Or that it might be cheaper to sell the car and get a newer better one.

Nathalie, my user name doesn’t have a story to it. It’s just my first name. I don’t have anything to hide nor am I that important to worry about people finding who is really posting these silly thoughts… all in all I’m not that big on my own privacy.

Desiree, I’m like you as well. Always keep everything in… in general this is the only place where I can really talk about everything. Saying things out loud is difficult for me…The problem with it is that all my issues stack up till I reach boiling point and snap… It usually ends in a few days of crying, depression and sickness…

Sarah, where I live we didn’t reach the 8 inch of snow.. I think it was maybe 2 inches…
I thought that you lived up north far enough to have snow?
A while ago I got an idea for a story and I have had issues to work it out but over the last few days it came very easy. I’m still at the beginning but I’m trying to get the basic story line down now I have the inspiration.

Sean, I’m confused… When you say up for 17 straight with out rest… do you mean with out sleeping or without sitting down for a second?

Susan, sounds like you had a great bday celebration… I’m sure you can find the recipe for Baklava only. It’s one of the most well known sweet. I don’t like it that much, it’s just too sweet… strangely my bf enjoys it while he doesn’t like sweets at all.
We ended up with just an inch or 2 of snow but it was gone at the end of the day… it’s one of the good things living close to the sea… most of the time it won’t get as cold as over at your side of the country.
I’m almost always the first one at the office… most colleagues get here an hour later. But sometimes it happens that I’m alone for the whole day.
Yeah, I’m sure that not all schools have the drama that the school I went too had…

Suzanne & all those who like Jackson’s music, Saturday I posted the link to his first solo single on my fb time line. You can download the song for free. I have listened to it a dozen times already… it’s so Jackson!!! And that voice.. I seriously consider skipping a day of packing for the move and watch all his interviews just to hear his voice…

Okay, I have a shoot load of work on my desk… I’ll see you all soon…

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I know, another late post, but I'll be headed to bed soon so I can get up for work today and get a few things done, especially considering that I work all 5 days this week. I won't get a day off until Saturday!

Marielle: On Friday I stayed up for 17 hours straight without rest--not what you want in an office job where even when there for only a few hours, you do a lot of running around. That's what I've been trying to fix.

Marielle and everyone: But don't get me wrong, I do prefer it to being bored all the time, and at least I'm making some money doing it. I also have to remember to get stuff for the Christmas dinner soon, too. Tonight, you'll see more of me at a more "normal" time, since there's some stuff I want to watch, such as the season finale of Crash Course, and a few other things that I'd like to do as well.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much, and I do plan on possibly trying to get some grocery stuff today, too.

I'll be back later.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! I got to work for a few hours today...and I was supposed to work tomorrow, too, but they called me and said we had gotten all the orders done today so they don't need me tomorrow. :( I could have used the hours, but I wasn't looking forward to biking again tomorrow. Today SUCKED because it was SO cold and the wind was blowing pretty hard...on my way home I was biking into the wind, on a partial incline. And then it started hailing...in my face! By the time I got to the train tracks, which isn't even halfway, I was EXHAUSTED. But I made it...and my work gave me a gift certificate for the movies! Well...they gave me a choice between a gift certificate for flowers, a cosmetic store, a video game thing, or a movie theater one...I chose the movie theater one. I really want to see Pitch Perfect, but didn't have the money to go, so now I can!

Marielle, I can't blame the Dutch people for not handling snow well...you aren't used to it. I wouldn't handle a hurricane or an earthquake well...when it's not something you deal with regularly, you can't be expected to be able to handle it like someone who has been around it all their lives. It takes practice.
It's actually quite odd that I love baklava...I don't like nuts. But I LOVE the honey. I found a recipe that I want to try soon.
It was frigid today...it's supposed to be below zero all week and we're expecting more snow, I think...but it's ok as the stuff we got last week all melted off already. And since I don't have to work tomorrow, I don't mind if it snows.
Did you take the last few weeks of December off? That will be really nice for you!

Sean, did you not get a break? Isn't that against labor laws?

Sarah, I couldn't find the picture of the ornament on FB. :(

Lynne, that's so strange...maybe he was just having a bad day. I hope you get a chance to work it out with him.
Oh no about Harry!! I hope that your neighbor can take him and that they get along! That's the hard thing about having pets. We used to take our dog with us on vacation, which was tough because most places in the States don't allow pets...so finding hotels can be difficult, and then if you get one, there's still the issue of what to do with them when you are in a restaurant or site seeing. And if you don't take them along, you have to find someone to care for them, or pay to kennel them. I love dogs, but it IS quite a committment.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ