Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's back to normal here today. Hubby is back at work, so it was up at 5.30 am for us today. At least I have some things to do with Little Man today. We're going to the shops and then to a friend's house. He's moving to Tasmania (that's the chunk of Australia that's an island all by itself off the very bottom of the coastline) so I don't think I'm going to be able to visit!

I have found an author who I can link to on that website! Hooray! She was the 16th person I'd tried!

Songbird - I looooove gingerbread! I've never been game enough to do a house or sleigh on anything fancy, though.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Oh I'm so glad you found someone, Lynne! That's fantastic! But seriously? 16 PEOPLE??
Gingerbread isn't that hard. There was a bit of a learning process, sure, but it turned out pretty well for my first attempt. There's a picture on my facebook. The main problem I had, other than the baking time, is that I made my base too small, so the front and back pieces were too wide to fit them, plus the thickness of the side pieces on it. So next time I need to make a larger base. But it really wasn't hard to do. You should try it!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I've had a very uneventful week...but I find NYE really overrated lol

Tracy He gets back in a week :-P
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY 2013 to all my Halfway House Siblings!!

Wow. I just can't get used to the sound of 2013.

We had an unusual NYE - we went to a private party DJed by my new 70-year-old friend's son. It was at a place where there is a posh bowling alley and bocci ball area connected to the party rooms. It was a fairly small group, so it wasn't too crazy. It was fun and with all the other parties going on at the same venue, very festive.

I've been busy hosting small groups of family and friends over the long weekend, and now today I can finally have some time to myself before going back to teach on Monday.

Sonny Boy just went back to his college today for choir rehearsals, but he'll be back on Saturday because he has to pack for his choir trip to the UK. He's leaving on the 9th and will stay for two weeks. They are going to Cambridge, Oxford, North Shields, Liverpool, South Wales, and Orpington (just south of London). They will be doing 7 concerts.

I've read most of the posts, but can't respond to you individually right now - sorry! Let's hope that we all get back to our regular routine next week.

Bye for now!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a long day--had to get up early, back's been killing me, and I slept in since I got home because of pain and not feeling good. Gonna try and get to bed early tonight.

OK, a little up date, my back's better, but I don't know for how long--I haven't brought in or split wood yet.

And now I can officially say it--BD2, according to Box Office Mojo, has broken the $800 million dollar barrier as of last weekend. I now have a reliable source instead of tracking and estimates :)

I'll be going to bed in a few hours hopefully, and I hope for a more pain free day tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Amanda Beth - yes, I think that NYE is a bit overrated too.

Susie - glad to hear your NYE was enjoyable. Hope Sonny Boy's choir trip goes well. It sounds exciting! Is it for competition or are they just performances?

Sean - glad to hear that your back's feeling better.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Wow, it's REALLY quiet here! Sad!

Amanda Beth, I'm not a huge New Years person either. The only reason I stay up is so that the fireworks don't startle me awake, but we don't go anywhere or do anything special...though I DO like that hubs has the day off. That's nice.

Susie, sounds like a fun party. Wow...Sonny Boy will have fun. I have always wanted to tour somewhere. One of my University choirs sang in Carnegie, and another one toured Brazil the year before I was in it, which is kind of a bummer that I missed out on that one, but I did get to do the Carnegie trip. But I always wanted to tour Europe with a choir. Tell him to break a leg!

Sean, I hope your back is feeling better and that you got the wood taken care of. Maybe you should ask one of your brothers to do that for a bit until you are better.

We're heading to a play gym tomorrow and bringing a friend of Bug's along. Should be fun and I hope to get a lot of reading done. So many wonderful books out there...how will I ever read them all? And I'm so excited for Lynne's book coming out in about 6 months!!!! :clap: :clap: I can't wait to read that one!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man went with his dad to an evening session of cricket last night. As a result, he was up WAY past his bedtime and has been really grumpy this morning. Looks like I'm in for a great day. :roll: We don't have a lot on today, we'll just go to a park to play and maybe do a bit of cooking or something like that. Hopefully, he will have a sleep in the middle of the day. I daresay I'll need the break, even if he doesn't!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Where is everyone here at the board? Still coming off New Years? Well, as you'll be able to read (or, come to think of it, have read, actually), my hangover didn't start until Jan. 2nd...

I'm trying something different with my sleep and such now, so, especially on days where I work, I might not be online much during the day except for the morning, but I think that between work and sleep, it might work out for the best for me, and I'll still be posting and I'll be online a lot on my days off from work.

Other than that, my backs still a bit messed up, but hopefully my new sleep thing will help with that. I have some errands to run later today, then I have the weekend to myself.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Goodness, where is everybody? There's an echo in this house ...

Not much on today. Just a quiet day at home, and that's nice!