Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by Songbird »

Which part did you hate? And did you still hate it once it was over? I kept thinking "They can't make this right...they can't make this right!!" and I was SO angry they ruined the last movie, but then once it was over, I was like....wow...ok...best movie yet!

And are we allowed to talk about EVERYTHING here?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi HH

Just stepping in for a few minutes since it is 11:00 pm here.

Raine~ I love love love your signature. Perfect

Lulu~ I am with you I am squealing like a fangirl for sure over in this house too!

Sean~ I see nothing wrong with something that you are invested and I see nothing wrong with defending anything you care about.

Tracy~ You were right on with your words. It's truly incredible how much this Saga touched my life and brought all of you in it.

Jaclyn~ You crack me up Twilight BD2 dream! I haven't had one in a long time.

For those I miss, Hello and can't wait to hear all your thoughts about BD2
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Sarah: I just hate it when the media hammers or rides on Kristen or Rob because the mere mention of their names will make them money. R&K didn't sign up for any of this when they were cast in the Twilight films, but they've made the best of it IMO. I totally agree with your statements on how Kristen and Rob have been treated by the media, and how they've been treated by so many people is a bit of a berserk button for me.

I do hope that you can get invited to the FB HH, since you seem interested in that, and I'm there, too, and, of course, on FB if you're interested in adding me as a friend there.

Tracy: Read the first part of my post to Sarah on the Kristen and Rob stuff. And as I said, I liked the fact that Kristen's dress pushed the limits and was avant garde, but it might not have been the best place for it.

Desiree: Thanks for the kind words. I just hope that I'm not too invested in them, at least this time around. But I've supported them before and I'm supporting them now, and not much will change that, and I'm happy to be part of this fandom with you guys. I can't let a few people spoil things for me when everyone here has been a good example of what this fandom is supposed to be about.

Everyone: Knee hurts, it's cold and I want to enjoy the comfort of a warm bed, so I'll be going to sleep soon. Sucks that I wasn't able to work on my story, but I have all week after work to set to getting it done, and maybe I'll have some more dreams about it that I can use as inspiration.

I'll be back tomorrow :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Susan, yes we can discus everything in here but i think we should keep away from the twist/end of the movie. it will spoil everything for whomever reads this. We can talk about it but I think all our dutchies agree that we shouldn't talk about those details just yet. I'm okay with it if you do talk about it,. it's your choice but I'm going to stay away from that bit.

Alright my thoughts: again massive spoiler warning!!!

I start with that I told my mom at least a dozen times that I hated what they have done to me with this movie. It was difficult to watch, especially towards the end. I know I loved the movie but seriously this movie isn't suitable for heart patients.

I didn't like the start, it was too rushed I think. I wished that had set the pace of Bella's adaption into being a vampire a bit slower. I know it only takes 4 chapters in the book but I missed the real feeling of it in the scenes. Yes we get a bit of everything but I wished that had taken the time to show Edward's reaction to Bella's resistence to human blood. I wished they had shown Carlisle asking Bella all these questions. I missed that the Cullens were all there to help Bella through that first hour. and I greatly missed all Emmett's jokes. They did a few but I felt that it wasn't enough

Also I missed that Bella challenged Emmett in armwrestling. it was done a bit strange.

A big script mistake that they made was that the Cullens left Bella alone to deal with Charlie. At first Jacob, Edward and Carlisle are there but then they just leave. A newborn with a human. Jasper would be dead and burned before he let that happened... not to mention Edward.

I absolutely loved Billy Burke... that man deserves an oscar for his work as Charlie. He was so good, so emotional and perfect timing... he made me cry...

The new vampires... I loved them all...
I didn't like that they spend so little time with them and that they didn't show much of Peter and Charlotte. I love them, I love that they are Jasper's only friends from his former life and they just gave them a few screen shots but no lines.

The guy that played Benjamin nailed it... he was the best new cast in that bunch. I had imagined him a bit younger but he was perfect. Such a good actor.
Garret was so good... he was good I loved his first scene with Emmett and Rosalie. I'm sorry that they took out his speach and gave it to Edward and Benjamin (sort of).
Alistor!!! Seriously, I´m in love with that guy... he is good...and stunning...
The Amazon´s were as I expected but they only ever showed 2 of them where as I remember there were 3 in the book.

Mackenzie was good as Renesmee. Sadly she only got a few lines but her acting skills are so good. She had me cry once.
The only time you could see that she was much older than Renesmee was when they shower her gift. Her hand was too big for being Renesmee´s age.

A few things I didn´t like:
- I didn't like how they did Bella's shield. I understand why they did it like that but I think it could have been done better is it was done completely from Bella's POV.
- Aro and Caius, I just thought their part of the script wasn't good.
- the last 25 minutes of the movie!!!!! I just can't explain how much I wanted to burn the book and pull my hand of the complete Saga never to look at it again... Thankfully they explained it properly in the end... it made it easier to live with. (I still can't believe I survived that!!!! :lol: )
Seriously the last 25 minutes had me in utter shock. I can't remember how many times I said "No" during that part of the movie. I was shaking like crazy and I was sick. I can't believe SM and Bill did that to their fans... I mean do that really want us dead???

I do have more thoughts and comments but I'll post them after I see the movie again tomorrow. Maybe I'll think of more during the day...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I thought it was great! Yes they left some things out and done differently and some things were rushed. But it is a good movie, it contains an excellent dosage of action and romance and humor. The storyline where Bella goes behind Edwards back to protect Renesmee was shorted up and I missed that but i can totally understand why they did it. In the first place the movie has to work as a whole.

The part you hated the most was a part I loved. It was soooo wel done. And I too was in utter shock and sat there hald under my blanket (I was in the theater for 12 hours for a marathon ;)) and really had an open mouth. Everybody was gasping and and just sitting there going NOOOOO and looking at each other like 'this isnt happening right'. Defenitly since I read the ending would be different I was so confused and in shock. But I thought it was so well done. The special effects were absolutly amazing, I loved everybody's acting in it and it all felt so real. When it is revealed that all of it was only the future alot of people started to clap in the theater. It was just so well done. And I loved how it brought the extra action that I really missed in the book.

The majority of the film was just the amazingness of all the characters and meeting renesmee and seeing the whole family develop. It was fun and sweet, I personally think the movie really needed the action to make a good movie.

I lso really loved the ending, where the show pictured of all the caracters when the castlist went on. It was great.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Lieziewiezie, I was wondering already if my Belgium sisters were going to see it the same time as us in Holland... Apparently you did... that's brilliant...
Lieziewiezie wrote:The part you hated the most was a part I loved. It was soooo wel done. And I too was in utter shock and sat there hald under my blanket (I was in the theater for 12 hours for a marathon ) and really had an open mouth. Everybody was gasping and and just sitting there going NOOOOO and looking at each other like 'this isnt happening right'.
You completely summed up why I hated it...The scene was done so good but so horrifying... I couldn't even think anymore...(still get tears when I think of it back...) I was like "NO!!! HOW CAN THEY DO THAT TO US!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
vampirelover109

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good morning siblings

Hope your all ok

I'm cold but at least the suns out I managed to get a couple of hours sleep despite the cramped positions lol I'm actually really emotional right now I keep crying because I'll see Rob,kris and Taylor later and because it's the last film and Twilight has been so important to me I feel quite stupid right now lol

I will update throughout the day

Wish you were here with me

Annmarie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

I do like Rob, so I guess I'm welcome here! :)

Some of you asked me to introduce myself, so here goes...

My offline name is Rose. I'm 24, married to a awesome guy who also likes Twilight, and I live in Southern California with my hubby and our 7-month-old shephed/lab pup named Seth. I write young adult novels and I'm trying to get published. My husband and I want kids badly and we are saving up money to adopt from Russia. I enjoy scrapbooking, tv competitions (DWTS, X-Factor, Idol), and inspirational romance. Oh, and most of all, Twilight.
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Marielle, the bike ride to the theater last night went WAY better than the ride to go pick up a ticket. It turned out there was a stoplight further down that I didn’t see because it was behind a tree and in the daylight, I couldn’t see it lit up. But I will remember that for next time. It took me a while to get used to the separate stoplights for bikes, too...it’s just something I have to do a few times once I know the rule.

Skatepixie~, would you prefer to go by your screen name here or should we call you Rose? Most of us go by real names here...I’m an exception because my name is Susan and we also have a Susie and a Suzan...some people call me Susan and that’s fine, but there are mix-ups some times. But it’s up to you. Nice you meet you. I’m Susan and I am American but I married a Dutchie and I exported myself to the Netherlands. I have 2 munchkins. My daughter, Bug, is 6 and my son Mr. Man will be 5 in a couple of weeks.

Hi Grayce! Glad you figured out you can still get on from work...we’ve missed you! I hope your friend doesn’t have to back out, or you can find someone else to give the ticket to!!
Tonise hasn’t been on here in a LONG time...we need to have her add Sarah and Austin to the list, too. We’ll have to drop her a line on FB.

Sarah, do you just not like meat, or is it more of an animal compassion thing? One of my friends can’t stand the thought of eating poultry because she keeps ducks as pets.
Ugh...sorry your MIL finally cornered you...but at least once it’s over, you get a treat. You can do it!!

Susie, I like your dream...but there’s definitely something that happens. It’s not just like the book and it IS exciting. Perhaps your dream is preparing you for it.
Yeah, the bike riding is difficult for me here...I’m not used to riding a bike for anything other than recreation, hadn’t ridden a bike in 20 years before I moved here. It’s confusing because the rules are different...like...here, you always yield to people coming from the right rather than the person going straight having the right-of-way. But there are some streets where the one way has right-of way over those coming from the right. And you can’t turn right on red. It’s just all pretty confusing until you get used to it.

Jaclyn, fun dream! But when do you get to see it for real? Wasn’t the premiere on Monday? Isn’t that where Ann Marie went?

Sean, when you say “discussion” with Caryn, do you mean disagreement? I’m sorry to hear that if you did, but it’s nice that we’re all able to disagree with each other and still get along.
I wouldn’t say you are overly protective, because the reality is that you can’t protect them...you aren’t in a position to. But I WOULD say you are overly invested. I can see being interested, and being upset when people lie about them or are hard on them, just like anyone gets upset when someone trashes someone we care about. But it affects your own happiness too much. To me at least, it seems that it affects you more than it affects them personally.... it’s not good for you. You can’t control what other people think or say or do...and you can’t do anything to protect R & K from it...so you internalize it and take it personally as if someone is attacking you and it affects your view of people and your happiness. It can't be good for your blood pressure, etc. Maybe that’s just my opinion, and you probably disagree with me, but as someone on the outside looking in, I think you might be more relaxed and happier if you could take it more in stride and just let them handle it themselves...they do a pretty good job of it. Trust them.

Hi Raine! I don’t think we’ve seen you on in...wow...ages. Are you coming back or just dropping in to say hi? I hope you’ll at least drop in and discuss the movie with us once you’ve seen it!

Lulu, I can’t wait for you all to see it now so we can all discuss it!!

Tracy, I like your logic. I read the books a few weeks ago, so they were pretty fresh, but I’ve read them so often, I don’t think NOT reading them again would have made me forget enough to not notice the changes anyway.

Desiree, since you said it’s 11 p.m., does that mean you saw the movie now??

Anyone I missed, Hi!!! Can't wait to discuss the movie with all of you!!
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I thought that part was actually better than the book...way more suspenseful, and while I was sitting there thinking "NOOOOO!!! They can't DO this! How in the world could they think fans would like this twist? How in the world could the people who have seen it say that it was right? That it was good? NO WAY! How did Stephenie agree to this?", when it was over I was like...ok, now I get it and it actually should have been that way! I'm just going to use the invisible font for this part because I want to talk about it, but I agree with Marielle that we don't want to spoil people who might not realize how much it would ruin the experience. When Carlisle was killed, I thought "no way!" but I was still thinking it could be ok because he could put himself back together. And then came the flames. I was seething. I didn't think they could make it right...all the interviews kept saying they thought the fans wouldn't be upset with that, and the reviews said that Edward and Bella get their happily ever after, which I didn't think they could possibly have that without their family. No way. And then Jasper, and Seth, just everyone...I was thinking there was no way to come back from that...while the effects and the battle was AMAZING, it was also SO wrong...I couldn't even imagine what Stephanie was thinking. It was like what she described if she had written in the mindset she was in after the Book that shall not be named was leaked..where she said if she had written it then, it would have been completely different...everybody would have died. I couldn't believe she agreed to this ending. But, when they showed Aro then letting go of Alice's hand, and everyone just standing there waiting, there was this audible gasp and then relieved laughter throughout the theater. You could feel all the tension just suddenly disappear. It was really a great moment, and I thought that was actually better than the book, because really, even in the book version, when Aro touched Edward's hand, wouldn't he have seen everything Edward saw from Alice before she left? Including several outcomes based on different things. And we know from the book that Aro WAS terrified once he saw some of the gifts that would be working against him...particularly Bella's shield while Jane and Alec were rendered useless. So I liked that we got to see that visually...see it all played out. His greatest fears come to life. It painted it much better than it was described in the book, with the exception of Bella's shield only working to protect one person.

I wish they had shown more of her first experiences with being a newborn...they made it look so easy, like no one ever has a problem with it. It didn't show that she had super self control because they didn't show how amazed the others were that she was handling it so well...like in the book where they are all right there ready to restrain her, or reassure her, etc...and she is braced for an attack until she realizes that their reaction is to HER as a danger. They could have done a lot more with that.

At first, I didn't like the way they did the stuff with J. Jenks...for one, he didn't look NEARLY frightened enough. But I understood at the end why they did it that way.

I wish they had showed more of Renesmee using her gift...we only see it a couple of times and in the book it's so prominent that that's the way she communicates most of the time. And I wish we had seen more of Zafrina, though I did love Benjamin.

I also did not like how they made Bella's shield look like she could only shield one person at a time beyond herself....like she had to focus on one person and that was the only person she could protect.

Have any of you ever wondered why Kate's talent doesn't work on Bella? Because it shows it as an electrical current and it's explained that way in the book, too, but that's physical...not mental. Shouldn't it be just like Jasper's talent? It actually does physically shock a person, it's not just the illusion. So why doesn't it work on Bella? I've wondered that in reading the books, but especially seeing how they did that on screen...it's very visible that it's not a mental thing.

I liked that we got to see Vasilli and Sasha, but it bugged me a bit that Jane was there and also so prominent because according to the OIG, the immortal children ban was the reason why Aro didn't change Jane and Alex sooner...he couldn't break his own rule. So the immortal children came BEFORE Jane was created.

I agree about the fact that they NEVER would have left Bella to deal with Charlie alone...and I wish that they would have had more interaction between Renesmee and Charlie...and they never told us her middle name, which is such an emotional thing for me in the book...a beautiful moment. I also wish they had showed more how difficult it was for Bella...more like how it was for Edward in the first Biology class with Bella. No, Charlie isn't a singer for her, but she's a newborn. It looked like there was no problem restraining herself.

Mackensie did a really good job...I did notice a few times that whatever technology they used to project her face onto the smaller children, you could see some shadows or something a few times where you could tell it was not really her, that it was CGI, but it was pretty well done over all.
And I'm sorry, but that baby in the beginning when Bella first gets to hold her after her hunting trip...that baby was creeptastic.

I did NOT like the way line was delivered about dracula one and dracula 2...it was awkward and didn't seem to fit to me. The laughter was weird.

I did find Aro's laughter upon meeting Renesmee to be creepily hilarious. Everyone in the theater laughed at that part.

I didn't really get the part with Toshimo or whatever his name was...that didn't make much sense to me and wasn't necessary. They could have used that time to do a few of the existing scenes a bit better.

But overall, I thought it was the best one. A great ending. Oh, I wanted to ask...did you all stay until after all the credits? Was there another scene? I stayed until they stopped showing the flashbacks from previous movies and just started scrolling the credits, but I had made arrangements to bike home with a friend who was there since it was late at night and I didn't want to bike along in the dark, and she and her friend got up and were leaving and I didn't want them to have to wait for me. Kellan said there was a scene, but Stephanie said there wasn't, and I figured if it hadn't been shown by then, it wouldn't be there, so I left. But I'll see it again with hubs....do I need to stay for the credits?