Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by Brienna »

I just Loved the movie! I thought it was great!

I will try to keep the rest in chronological order, but the thing bothering me the most is gonna come up first: (inv)
The alternate ending! HOW could Alice have seen that? I already said some about this in the new ending thread. But, really? Am I missing something huge?
I'll let the books out of it, but in NM; Alice has a vision of Bella cliff diving. After that, Alice can't see what happens to Bella. Alice explains it's because of Jacob (the wolves are the reason she can't see).
And then in BDpt1; Alice can't see Bella's future. I don't remember if they actually said it, but it's obvious that Alice can't see Bella anymore because of the fetus.
Back to the movie we're talking about; BDpt2. We know Alice can't see visions including the wolves. We think Alice can't see visions including Renesmee. But yet, Alice can give Aro a complete vision of the battle? How the battle will go, including Renesmee taking of with Jake. Including all wolves fighting?
It doesn't add up for me. And I would love for someone to give me an explanation telling me I'm wrong. Because I want to be wrong. It is bothering me so much!
Apart from that whole rant above, I loved that whole sequence of the film and thought it was done really well! At first; I was like: NO! That can't be true. I know the books, it'll be okay. Then I got caught up into it and I started to believe it might just go that way. And then I figured it out, literally seconds before it was actually revealed on the screen. For me, personally, that was kind off funny. I got it, gasped again, grabbed my sisters hand and 10 seconds later, the whole room sighed after me and everyone relaxed.

Okay, from the start now. Bella being a vampire! I wish they had showed a bit more struggle. Yes, she has super restraint. Yes, it's natural for her. But I would've liked to have it a bit more difficult. In the book she's nervous about jumping out of a window. Here in the movie, she just jumps off a mountain cliff. No biggie. :roll: It seemed a bit understated.

I really loved the humor in the beginning of the movie. Bella being momma-bear. Arm-wrestling Emmett. Jake transforming in front of Charlie. I didn't feel like it was rushed or strange at all. I'm just glad they kept it in there, even when they were short scenes. Leaving Bella alone with Charlie did strike me as weird, but didn't bother me. It played out well.

Collecting all the different vampire-witnesses. It was fast, it felt a bit like snippets, but I liked it. It was more interesting to watch than having to watch everyone arrive and introducing Renesmee over and over again. I loved Garett, thought Alistair was just brilliant. My favourite was Benjamin.

I was really pleasently surprised that they added a scene where Jake is guiding the new wolves. I found it a cute little addition.

The Jenks scene was great. It was short, but intense and worked out really well.

I agree with songbird, the Toshimo scene seemed unnecessary. I actually forgot totally about it untill I read that you just posted it....

Didn't like Aro. Too much over the top. He's supposed to be over the top, but it was just a bit to much for me. Keeping it a tone lower I think still would have had the right effect. Especially the creepy laugh bummed me out.

And I actually did think they did a really good job of showing Bella's shield.

I loved the 'tribute' to all actors in the end. Really nice, it felt like conclusion.

I just know I'll remember more (random) things later, but that's it for now ;)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning all. I haven't been hiding, I promise. Last weekend was Bands of America Grand National Championships and, as you may remember, I volunteer for three days straight playing with crazy band children. I went straight from work helping with training to Lucas Oil helping bands Thursday and Friday. Saturday, Biggun' and I were there for 20 hours! Sunday was a day of recuperation. I spent most of the day reading, digging a huge chunk out of my BD reread to prepare for tomorrow. Of course, Monday was the premiere, so after writing grant reports all day, I snuggled in to my computer for the livestream. Yesterday, I had a meeting all day and then Biggun's band banquet was last night. By the time we helped clean up, I was knackered and came home and climbed in bed with a little AmishWard to ease my mind. So... the short story is that I've been swamped! But, I made it back for the second most important day this week...

Happy Hump Day!!!
(that last pic is from the Glamour UK LiveTweet done this morning. If you haven't seen the transcript, as well as Rob's msnChat, Go. Now. Hi-freaking-larious!!)

I've got a bunch of things to wrap up so that I can be off the next two days. So, I'm not even going to try to answer all the posts. Yes, I'm getting beyond excited and a little nervous. But, I reached a point this morning where I realized that I'm going to love it no matter what, because that's who I am. I will have strong opinions, and I may get steamed about some things. But, I know unequivocally that I will love it for what it is and I'm okay with that.

By the way, I think I've figured out this surprise ending and I'm pretty sure it was Bill Condon himself who told me (through an interview at the premiere, of course). Bill gave a very very interesting answer to the question, "is there anything you took from the set as a memento?" His answer was, to many, lost in translation, I think. But, if you were listening, if you had reason to suspect... yeah, I think he told us everything. :rotfl:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Paula, I agree on that vision scene. On priniciple of Alice's vision it wasn't possible for her to see that but I think that taking the non-readers in account that it is possible. Yes in NM and Eclipse she couldn't see the wolves but it was never explained why. That's why in BD they could go with that she couldn't see because they were always in life threathing situations and the future was lost...
Songbird wrote:But overall, I thought it was the best one. A great ending. Oh, I wanted to ask...did you all stay until after all the credits? Was there another scene?
No there wasn't an additional scene ... the way the credits were done and the the homage they gave to the former actors and all the main characters was the extra thing I think... it was beautiful...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hello everybody…

I have posted my thoughts and spoilers on the appropriate thread.
So nothing of that here…

The marathon was heavy. I am exhausted still but it was fun. Paula and I sat close together. Her sister was with her and we had some great fun discussing the movies.

Now, let me comment om the posts:

Susie, you can’t imagine how hard this is not to talk about the movie. As soon as I left the theatre I realized that I couldn’t say anything about it or it would ruin the experience for you all. Even the smallest comment would be bad. So I’m hoping you all go to the cinema quickly so I can hear it from all of you…

Jaclyn, when are you going to the movie?

Hey Raine… I’m sure you are now enjoying the movie… can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

Tracy, I’m going again tomorrow evening…

Ann-marie, I’m sure you’ll get good pictures!!! Don’t faint!!! And enjoy!!!

Hey Rose, like I said yesterday, welcome to Rob’s little crazy house. Though this is an adult thread and we do speak of smut, docking and unloading sailors we have to keep it PG 13 or Kayla will kick our butts. I’m Marielle. I’m from Holland. One of the 4 HH sister from our small country. I hope you’ll get the hang of us quickly. Don’t feel obliged that you have to make massive posts and every day. Nobody can do that but it will be nice if you join ouor conversations.

Susan, I’m happy you figured it out. In Holland bikers are very protected and a car driver is always at fault if there is an accident with a bike rider.

Caryn, I’m sure we will see you around tomorrow night!! You’ve got to write down how you experienced the movie…

Alright, time for dinner…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

going again right now!!!!!

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Huh...you know I hadn't thought about that....thatshe shouldn't be able to see the wolves and such, but we know in the book she said she saw several different ways it could have gone and she needed to be prepared for all of them...and she made sure Bella had a way to save Renesmee, which involved a wolf...and we know she can't see half immortals because she found Nahuel by looking for blind spots. So I don't know...I guess Marielle's explanation is best...that a lot of people aren't book fans. And I guess SM was involved in the planning of that scene, so she must have thought it would work.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Raine's lesson for the day: "YOU KNOW YOU'VE BEEN GONE FROM THE LEX FOR QUITE SOME TIME IF YOU START LOOKING FOR THE "LIKE" BUTTON" :lol: :lol:

Marielle mentioned from her post above that she's going to see BD2 again and for a while I was quite confuse, I wanted to hit the like button until I realized which site I'm in. Yep I'm donning the shame hat while I type this post.

So, it's been an hour past midnight and I have work early in the morning but I think I can't sleep until I share my BD2 experience. No worries this will be spoiler free I promise.

Our advance screening was supposed to start at 7:30 pm, I got out from work by 6 pm and when the clock strikes I was on the run for the 2 blocks mall where the cinema is located. When I arrived there is already a line but not that long. I fell in line and then I realized I first have to fall in line to exchange my vouchers for the movie tickets and since my friend won't be there until 7 pm I was force to leave the cinema line. The ladies at my front and back are kind enough to save my space though which is good because I know any minute it would get crazy there. The lines for the ticket took so long, the service was so slow by the time I was done it's past 7 already and cinema line was like a winding roller coaster. My friend arrives and 7:30 have come and gone and still the cinema is close, the ticket lines seems even longer and we're all getting restless.Come 7:50 pm they start letting people in, when we enter the cinema, darn all the good seats are taken. The sponsor have taken the entire 6 center rows for their VIP's. It's still okay, we're used to this we just pick up the next best seats that are available. 8 pm rolls, cinema is entirely packed, 2 people walks on the elevated flat forms equipped with mikes. I thought they were just going to do a brief introduction and thanked all the people who came, maybe a bit of raffle draws which is still okay since they gave out free stuffs but to my horror the emcees recite an almost 10 minutes worth of the sponsor company's history. He just keeps droning on and on repeating multiple times to visit their webpage. Then he passed the mike to the other emcee, and I thought here it goes this is it. Again to my horror she just declared she's going to sing one song from the soundtrack. The first strain of "A Thousand Years Part2" comes on and I think okay fine I love that song and her voice is lovely. After the song, finally, they said their thank you's and told us to enjoy the movie. By then it's almost 8:40 pm after the national anthem, the trailers and the reminders to turn off cellphones and how video recording is punishable by law etc...etc.

Sorry if this is too long... :lol:

Finally the movie starts. There are excited whoops and some clapping and we all settled and enjoy the movie. This goes on for about 30-45 minutes when the cinema suddenly blocks out with only the emergency lights on. I said to myself it's okay technical glitch, hey it happens. The crowd gave a good natured jeer because it's the good part that gets blocked out. After a minute or two, the movie played out again and repeated a couple of previous scenes. 5 minutes and BAM blocked out again then after a couple of minutes movie plays again and repeated the same previous scenes...again. This happened 3 more times, and by then the crowd are getting restless and the jeers are starting to be rude. The last black out took long, way too long and during those times the sponsor nor the cinema staff have no explanation as to what is happening. Every body is shouting at that time, shouting refund and booing. After a couple of minutes the cinema manager with a couple of security guards walks to the platform and informs everybody to calm down, that they're having a power failure and that it is not their fault. Oh heck no, it's a freaking mall don't tell me they don't have any high powered generators for instances like this. More jeering and then the manager says they're issuing emergency tickets for those who wants to leave already and can just come back tomorrow. Double heck no, we all paid for advance screening tickets not regular days showing tickets. I waited the entire day for this night to come and I'm not going home without seeing and finishing the movie even if we have to stay there way past midnight. Many have come forward and claimed the said tickets while others simply just won't accept any kind of explanation and are getting a bit aggressive. I can understand them advance screening here in the Phils. only happens in Manila most of these people in the theater take a leave from work/school, travelled as long as 5 hours and fall in line who knows what time just to be told to go back tomorrow. 20 more minutes of continued jeering and finally the power comes back on, the movie plays out again...repeated some previous scenes...again (by now I've memorized the character's line in that scenes). The theater's noise level is still way high, some are yelling for the those who are in front to sit down already some are laughing and giggling noisily predicting which part it would black out again. Thankfully after that the movie plays smoothly without any more interruptions and we were able to enjoy the rest of it to the fullest. As a result though it's almost midnight by the time we finished BD2. My friend and I were feeling a bit frustrated and disappointed with what happened, but as ending credits rolled we looked at each other and laugh it off and just charged it to another Twilight Fandom experience.

We're watching again tonight, this time in a different cinema, with a bigger set of friends and fellow Twi-hards. This one is sponsored by Twilight Coven Philippines, really looking forward to it. Their crowd is always so much more fun. I hope no more drama for tonight's viewing. So yeah, there goes my BD2 advance screening experience. It's 2 am already, I really need to go to bed now.

Good night/morning to everyone. :wave:

-Raine-
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Nope, can't do a review tonight. I'm so stressed with the ending's twist. I can't get the MAJOR SPOILER headless Carlisle out of my head. I think I just about screamed when it happened, and keeps on thinking how will they end this and still get the happily ever after. So not possible. I need to sleep this off and a definite 3 more viewing before I can form a half decent review :lol:
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I think I might have to clobber my husband. My kids get to pick out a bag of chips each week and they get a small handful as a snack when they come home from school in the afternoons....my husband apparently got munchy last night while I was at the movie...ate all their chips...and didn't tell me. So my kids kept asking me all afternoon if it was time for chips...(Wednesday is only a half school day) and I kept telling them no. Finally I call them down and say it's chip time...they are all excited, especially my son. I go into the kitchen...no chips. So I had a hysterically crying 4 year old wanting to know why daddy ate his chips. It all got worked out...he asked if we could go to the store to get more so we did and I threatened hubby within an inch of his life that he HAS to tell me when he finishes something so I can replace it because HE's not the one that has to deal with the temper tantrum.
Then my 4 year old peed in our bed for the second time this week. Hubs told the kids they could play games on his computer, so they went upstairs to do that and Mr. Man didn't feel like stopping to go to the bathroom, so he peed in our bed. Fortunately it was on the comforter which had a duvet cover on it, so not much soaked through to the mattress and we have an extra set of everything, but earlier this week he peed and soaked half the bed. He has been wetting his pants SO often...I think it's probably excitement about his birthday? So frustrating.

Caryn, I think those of us who have seen it are almost as anxious for you all to see it as you all are to see it! We can't wait to talk about it and we can't yet...and we want to know your reactions so badly. I'm glad we only have to wait a little bit longer!!!

Marielle, That's cool that you got to see it sort of with another HH sister! I was stuck sitting next to 2 people who wouldn't shut up! Fortunately I was so tuned in to the movie that I really only noticed it a couple of times, but I just wanted to say "SHUT UP"! I know there are some scenes where you are like "OMR!!!" and you want to talk about it...but you don't do it DURING the movie while everyone else is trying to see what happens next. Grrr....and I always seem to get put right next to those types of people.

Raine, I'm so sorry there were so many problems....But I'm so glad you didn't give up. I wouldn't have either. Was it worth the wait?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

THINGS ARE HOPPING AROUND HERE!!

JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. I even found myself reading the thread during my class today and I'm posting while still at school, and I haven't done that in a while!

Jazz Girl wrote:Yes, I'm getting beyond excited and a little nervous. But, I reached a point this morning where I realized that I'm going to love it no matter what, because that's who I am. I will have strong opinions, and I may get steamed about some things. But, I know unequivocally that I will love it for what it is and I'm okay with that.
Caryn - You've come a long way in your therapy! ;) Can't wait to discuss it all in the spoiler thread on Friday. Regarding your Bill Condon remark - way too cryptic for me because I'm not going to go back and look up that quote. I'll just have to put two and two together after the fact.

Raine!!!!
You HAVE been gone too long! Like us all you want, even if it's not possible to enter on the Lex! You poor girl - what you had to go through last night at the cinema! That's outrageous. I would have been so upset. I suppose all of that stopping and starting ruined the continuity for you. You'll probably enjoy it more tonight.

Sarah - Hooray for your hubby softening on the kitty idea! So the test you are studying for is a basic exam for all teachers in your state? Not sure if I got that right. I remember when I had to take that and I was sooo worried about the math and then I actually did better on that than the English part and I'm an ESL teacher! :lol:

Rose
- WELCOME!!! Don't be scared off by me since I do qualify as your "elder" and am possibly your mom's age. :lol: I'll be 54 on Saturday. But you know what? I'm real life friends with many of the Halfway House sisters. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel and meet 15 of the ladies in 2010 and 2011 and then we had our own little meet-up in Chicago last June where I met 4 more! Fun facts about me - I teach English as a Second Language to Adults, I live in Minneapolis (a hipster city, so they say) and have one son in college and a daughter who graduated from college in Social Work last May and is now in Argentina for a year. My husband is an IT guy, and he used to work for Northwest Airlines and then Delta, and then got laid off in the merger, but he got to keep the flight benefit as part of his severance package. Thus, all of the traveling! I'm writing about all of my trips now in a memoir. You're a fiction writer - you join the ranks with Lynne, who is getting her first YA novel published as we speak. Our Mod, Kayla has submitted a book for publication. Ginnie, who has written fanfiction, is working on an original fiction. Geographic location - Desiree is also from Southern CA.

Songbird
- Well, at least all of that bicycling is good for your health!

Ann Marie - You poor thing! I wouldn't do well out there in the cold at all! I don't blame you for crying. I already feel like crying and I'm not standing in the cold! Don't feel bad about that. It IS emotional. Keep in mind that the physical hardship probably makes the emotions more raw.

Desiree - So nice to see you back on the Lex!

Marielle
- I know what you mean about not wanting to say anything at all about the movie. I'll wait patiently until I see it to discuss with you. Sorry your mom laughed at you! Did you see Paula there?

Sean
- I think it is sweet of you to defend Kris and Rob.

Austin - We all understand real life. I hope to see you back here when it's safe to talk about the movie.

Tracy
- What you said about not being able to get through BD before the movie echos my experience. I just couldn't do it! I planned to read it before but.... I find myself reviewing the plot so that I will be prepared. I found myself questioning myself - do you really remember everything? And then I relaxed because after reading it 4 times, I really do remember the plot! I might not remember every single vamp name and their special power, but the movie will spell that out. Your kids are going to have so much fun now that they have the entire 2nd floor to themselves. They can have awesome sleepover parties!!

Tomorrow is the big day for most of us - I'm staying in a hotel with my friend from 7th grade and we're meeting up with 2 other gals - the four of us saw BD1 together last year. We have reserved seat tickets in the 21+VIP balcony at the ICON theatre for a BD Double Feature!! Whoo hoo!

I'll check in tomorrow before I leave.

BYE!