Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Holy cow, only a week and there's 20 pages to catch up on! RL is kicking me in the pants, ladies, so we'll see when I can really post again. I did post my review on the HH spoiler thread. In the meantime this is supposed to be a special post:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SUSIE!!!

Sorry so late ... I found the pic I wanted but Photobucket was completely not working for me for nearly a day. So here is the most recent Rob-biting-his-lip pic I could locate. Hugs, and hope you had a special day!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello TwiSoulMates!

Snuck out to see BD2 for second time today. and loved it. :clap:

Brenda! :swoon: THAT was worth waiting for!!! Well done, well done, indeed! Thank you Ma'm.

No time left in the day to post- I hope to have more time tomorrow!

Love you lots!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by Susie »

Really Quick -

2nd viewing today. Sorry I haven't had time to read all of your posts yet.

* Artistically beautiful film - Loved the opening - gorgeous!
* Loved seeing a happy Edward
* Loved seeing a happy Jacob, except when he was getting beaten by Bella, and I loved that too.

* Cottage Scene - let's face it, we all agree on this. *sigh* Love how Bella's hair sparkles when she reaches that particular altered state of consciousness.

*Battle Scene - now that I know it is a vision :? I LOVE seeing the Volturi get their due, one by one!!! 8-) So satisfying. When I watch it, I think of every Cullen/Wolf death as a fake and every Volturi death as real. :lol:

*Alice's Vision of Jacob and Grown-up Renesmee with Bella and Edward at the Beach. Awwwww! Just noticed at second viewing today how Edward saw Alice's vision and was genuinely happy. They get to live together forever, the four of them. How great is that?

*Bella removing her shield for Edward in the Meadow - Robward!!! He knows how to get us, doesn't he? I was sobbing!

*End credits - A great tribute to the actors and the fans - LOVED the turning pages of the book highlighting the three main characters - Beautifully done!

This movie was definitely a notch above - a true attempt to finish of the Saga properly - loved how they said "The Twilight Saga" at the very end.

My question to you all is - Were we set up to believe that the battle was real when Stephenie herself said the ending was different from the book??? That way we were open to any possibility. But it turns out that actually, it WAS like the book!! There wasn't a real battle, it was only a vision. Yet, most of us fell for it and they wanted us to which did make for a more monumental viewing experience. So, it was all intentional - the little leaks, the warning of a difference??? I'm totally OK with it if it was a setup! It was a wild ride!

bye for now!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I was pretty much convinced it was Alice's vision, but I figured they'd do some pan in on Alice go into her eye and into her mind and show it...so when they grabbed her and Carlisle ran and gets decapitated it caught me by SUCH SURPRISE. I'm like THIS BETTER NOT BE THE OTHER ENDING. Then when everyone was dying left and right I knew it was the vision.

Not that it made it any easier to watch. :heartbroke: insert too many feels meme here :heartbroke:

I watched Twilight then New Moon and now Twilight again on FX since this afternoon. I'm having withdraw issues.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm gonna at least get started on writing my first full fan fic chapter for BBAT--yeah, I know, I've been promising that all week basically, but at least I'm gonna try and get a start on it tonight while I'm still up and about. I do have to be mindful about when I get to bed, though, since I have to be up early to get laundry tomorrow on my way to work.

And if anyone here is a fan of American auto racing, you doubtlessly have heard of Roger Penske. A winning race driver in his own right, 15 times winning car owner of the Indy 500, 12 Indy Car winning car owner, 3 time American Le Mans Series winning car owner, he won championships--often multiple times--in every racing venture except the top divisions of NASCAR. That changed tonight when Brad Keselowski won the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers' championship. In so doing, he helped Roger win his first Sprint Cup owners' title. Brad and Roger previously won the NASCAR Nationwide Series championships in 2010.

Add to that Brad's blue-collar, American Mid-West background and the fact that his family mortgaged their future to get him to the top divisions of NASCAR and now he's repaid them handsomely and he was even able last year to resurrect his father's race team--which is in Brad's name (Brad Keselowski Racing) and is a Penske Racing driver development team--to continue what his family started before Brad was even born and almost lost in 2006. I know that last week because of how he responded to Jeff Gordon's retaliation that some called Clint Bowyer America's new working class hero, but Brad is the epitome of that phrase of working class hero. He comes off as brash and outspoken, but that's what NASCAR sort of needs now in the PC corporate dominated world it has become, and more importantly, he can back up what he says on the race track.

And ironically, Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer, who were at the center of the controversy last weekend, finished 1-2 in the race, and because of late race misfortunes faced by Jimmie Johnson, Clint actually finished second in points in the final standings behind Brad. And his team (Michael Waltrip Racing) was another team that went from anonymity to pretender to contender over the last couple of years as well.

And aside from the fact that the racing season is over aside from the F1 season ender next Sunday, there's nothing going on here now. However, Audi have recently been spotted testing a modified R18 at Spa earlier this week, and it's believed to be running a rear-wheel driver hybrid system to counter the threat the Toyota has posed in the second half of this season against them. It seems that some things never do end LOL.

Well, I'll try and get a start on writing that fan fic in a few minutes when/if I can get a good starting section thought up in my head, and then I'll be off to sleep.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Desiree- glad to hear the movie had a big weekend :)
I want the pillow case but hubby isn't too keen on it.
I think I will make one with a quote instead. I really like the wrist cuff too!

Sean- that's some interesting stuff about racing :) cool :)

Watching the American Music Awards with hubby..makes me feel old!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - have you seen BD Pt2 yet? Do you have a time when you are able to see it?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Susie wrote:My question to you all is - Were we set up to believe that the battle was real when Stephenie herself said the ending was different from the book???
Yes we were! It was a brilliant piece of marketing... To be honest they had to make us believe it was real. They had to get us in a mind set in which we would believe that it was really happening or else we all would have sat there enjoying Alice's vision.
As readers we are very critical about everything in the movie. We would have realized long before that they had the fighting scene in Alice's vision. And we did. Remember all the discussion after the trailer came out. We all said the fighting had to be in Alice's vision... After what we heard, what was said in interviews and what was rumored to happen we all started to believe that SM had sacrificed the peaceful ending to create something to build on or to finish it once and for all...and I really believed that before I saw the end of the movie...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne: I have truly no frigging clue as to when or how I'll see it aside from the fact that I'm sure that I'll get it on DVD. I don't like movie theaters and going out and doing a lot of stuff with just my and one of my brothers, as that's most likely who'd take me out to see the movie (I'm single, remember ;) ). And then there's work and usually anymore by the time I'm done with work and my errands, I'm not in the mood to go out again, and gas cost so much here now that on my $120 every 2 weeks, it's kinda unaffordable--and I have things that I need with my $480 and even my big check, too.

So it'll be a while before I see BD2. Sorry, but I've never been one for movie theaters (I felt uncomfortable watching NM and Eclipse), it cost too much right now, and I'm just don't have the time or am I in the mood to see BD2 in theaters right now, or for quite a while.

I hope that I haven't upset you, but that's just how I feel right now.

Now, I'm gonna make a (hopefully unaborted) attempt to at least get a start on my fan fic chapter before I give up on that and go to bed.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

Urgh I hate getting back to work again. Especially as I feel like crap. I think I’m getting stomach flu or something like that.

I don’t have much time to make a post, I have a massive back-log of emails so I’ll make it a quick catch up post.

Susie, I hope you have a great bday. Did your hubs get you anything special?

Desiree, I want to see BD2 again as well but I can’t yet justify the spending of the money. I need to save a bit for the move.
I have seen a bit of merchandise online but it isn’t much yet.

Susan, the margiet fair is so much better than the Creadoe. You really should go there. It’s much bigger and more fun.
Good luck with your kids, they must be bouncing with all the gifts they expect this month…

Mel, I’m happy to see you back here…

Austin, I’m happy you got to see the movie. I can’t wait to see what you thought about it and how it matched up with your theories.

Alright, that was it… I’m going to post every day again… see you all tomorrow…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house