Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Aghhhh pretty much how I feel. Drat!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sarah - welcome to the frustrating world of the Midnight Sun lover. What I wouldn't give to know who leaked it ...

I've got what I think is the final cover for my book. Let me know what you think.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I'll probably be calling it a night, soon. I might get back up and have something to eat, but I probably won't be up for long if/when I do that, so good night everyone :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Lynne~ The cover of your book looks great--congratulations! Is this the final cover or still just a possibility? Enjoy you 2nd viewing of BD, and I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Susie~ Good luck with your Toastmaster's Speech this week. Your potluck lunch at work sounds especially yummy, and what a wonderful way to celebrate the Thanksiving holiday. When will Sonny Boy be home? Fourth viewing of BD2 already, hmmmm.....you might be giving Caryn a run for her money. :D

Grayce~ I hope everything's okay with your stepson and am sorry he's unhappy. I remember C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, and all those guys...loved The Outsiders. Now I'm really dating myself. :roll: I think the revamped Red Dawn looks good, although I get tired of all these movie reduxs....not really necessary, in my opinion. Regarding Jacob's mortality in the saga.....don't the wolves stop aging beyond their current state, as long as they're still actively shifting to/from human and wolf-form, or am I getting mixed up with fanfiction? That's too funny that you son heard at school that "Carmichael died," ;) although it's disappointing the kids are spoiling the ending for one another. I remember my daughter being so upset when she heard at school that Dumbledore died, before she had the chance to read HP and the Half-Blood Prince. I, too loved Lee Pace as Garrett, and would have been happy with a little more screeen time for him. I believe Bill Condon said something about filming Garret's inspiring battlefield speech, and that it will be part of the deleted scenes.

Sandy~ Are your girls keeping you and hubs running in ninety different directions these days? Which fanfic are you reading?

Sarah~ I remember reading Midnight Sun just after finishing all four Twilight books in the summer of 2008. I missed the series so much and didn't want it to end, and I read everything Twi-related I could get my hands on, including MS and the outtakes from Stephenie's website. MS is "the bomb"....there's just nothing quite like Edward's point of view.

Amanda Beth~ I totally agree with your thoughts about "A Thousand Years," and I've teared up just hearing the first couple of notes of it during my commute to and from work the past couple of days. I'm seriously in a post-Twilight funk with some definite withdrawal going on. :? Just in case I ever get around to posting a picture directly to the Lex, how do I shrink it to the appropriate size? In English, please? :D

Austin~ "I was born, not bitten! And I grow every day!" :lol: I'm glad you were able to finally see the movie and would be interested to know, from a guy's perspective, which parts were emotional for you. I, too remember reading Stephenie's excerpt of Midnight Sun several years ago and nearly bashed my computer against the wall when I realized Steph stopped writing, before the meadow scene. :shock: :banghead:

Marielle~The book series I've mentioned in the past, and Sandy, Desiree, and I have read is called The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare. The world consists of humans (mundanes), Shadowhunters (who hunt demons), vampires, werewolves, fairies, and various supernatural characters. The stories are very compelling and the books are rather addictive, although not quite to the level of Twilight. Jamie Campbell Bower from Harry Potter will play the lead male protagonist in the movie.

Hello to Desiree, Kayla, Lulu, Tonise, Sean, Ann Marie, Brenda, Caryn, Amy, Brienna, and anyone else I've missed.

I'm leaving directly from work Wednesday afternoon to drive to my in-laws, where hubs and the kids have been visiting since Monday. To those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a happy and blessed holiday....and a wonderful week to the rest of you, as well. I'm thankful for all my amazing HH siblings, and to the unforgettable Twilight saga, which brought us all here together in the first place. ;)
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Lynne- love the cover :)

I'm fairly sure MS has ruined any other book series for me...ever.

Amanda Beth- love love love that pic!

Brenda- I'm so in withdrawal right now, it's awful!

Sean- glad you were able to get BD 1 finally :) I can already tell I will likely go to a midnight release for BD 2 :)

Happy birthday week Susie!!

I'm selling my copy of the hunger games movie tomorrow. After all this week I realized that THG is too depressing to be watched over and over. Doesn't hurt to do a big sell back at the used book store right before Black Friday anyway!!

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - this is likely to be the final cover.

Sarah - glad you like it!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

Happy Hump day…

I really don’t have much to report today… Everything is quiet before we start the movie. The 3 weeks around Christmas will be crazy for us with the move and all the parties we have to attend.

When is Thanks Giving day??
Pfff… I’m happy to have a few more weeks before the eating festivities start here…good luck you all..

Alright I see I have many posts to catch up on,

Lynne, I honestly can’t believe that they are actually shooting in Iraq… How did they find an agency that accepts that insurance??? It’s bloody dangerous there…Well maybe not as dangerous as Afghanistan but still…

Sandy, I felt the same way about watching the movie a second time. Knowing what is coming makes it even harder to watch. To be honest I haven’t watched Carlisle’s and Jasper’s murder again, only the first time…

Sarah, I agree with Lynne, Sandy and Austin that if you want answers just go read the book-that-must-not-be-named… I contacted the publishing agency about 2 years ago asking them if there was a planning on finishing it and publishing it back then they told me not to hold my breath on it… they didn’t know when or if it will be published.
(after I read your post: hihi we all had that reaction about the leaking…especially because it breaks off before the good parts… there are some really good fanfics who finish the draft)

Grayce, we didn’t get the Hobbit trailer but I have watched them all online. I’m so excited about that movie. The news is that Mirkwood (and Orlando’s lovely elf form) won’t be shown in the first movie but in the second. While I hate that we don’t get to see the elf of my dreams in the first I’m still bouncing about this movie.
We got a trailer for “Beautiful Creatures” and other fantasy movie about magic and love, and we got to see “perfect pitch” with Anna Kendrick. I liked the look of that one…
Rob’s been given quite a lot of interviews about Mission Blacklist, one of his new movies. As it is the most anticipated one but I believe first he is going to shoot The Rover.
On IMDB you’ll find a complete list of the movies he signed for. There are 5!!!

Kayla!!! It isn’t Christmas yet and you are already dropping in gifts like crazy!! Anyway… I’m hurt that you expect us to post R rated pictures… you know Rob won’t release any R-rated pictures!! He’s too British for that!!!

Hihi, Austin, you are funny…
Yeah, how annoying that it stops right before the meadow scene… I think I literally growled at it when I read it the first time…

Tracy, aha, now I get it… I guess I have to buy that book as well than… I just couldn’t remember if it was the same…any movie with Jamie is worth watching. ( though I didn’t like him as much as he played Caius… he just didn’t look right) Have you ever scene Camelot (the series)… it almost starts with a naked Jamie… it’s just heavenly!!!

Alright I’m off… see you all later!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Tracy and Marielle - I <3 TMI and am over the moon after seeing the trailer. I know someone pretty high up at Screen Gems and going to try and wiggle my way into the premiere in August if its in LA :lol: The thing that sucks about the books is CC has two Shadowhunter series going on -- Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices. So the 5th TMI book came out last year, the next TID book comes out this year and the 6th and lat TMI book doesn't come out until 2014!! It's a LONG process. I actually am head over heels in love with Jem from TID. So okay, he's fictional, lives in Victorian era London and is dying from demon poison. Whatev. I can't really say I like it more or less than Twilight, just as I can't rank Harry Potter or The Hunger Games. I love them all for very different reasons.

As for the resizing pictures...I believe the bbcode needs to be added on the backend of the forum, I checked and it's not installed on here.

I can't sleep since I slept all day to recover so I made a new signature. Now I'm waiting for laundry. My life is so exciting...
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Tracy ~ I'm so with you on The Outsiders - shocking, I know! :lol: The girls want to go see Red Dawn; when I mentioned the original, they were like '...there's an original?' :shock: Cheer season is winding down- we go to State, the first weekend of Dec (both my squad-5th grade, and my middle one's 7th grade, are going {the oldest Jr Coaches both squads}, so come that Monday, I may just sleep all day - LOL! I'm currently still reading fanfics by Rochelle Allison - really do like her writing, and waiting for the next update from Amethyst Jackson's The Cullen Enterprise. Any recommendations? Hope things are well with you and your family!!

Amanda Beth ~ so jealous (and happy for you! :clap: ) for getting into the trailer for TMI!! I do admit to having a thing for both Jace and Will, which is so weird given the time periods .... :lol: (and I just started on all my laundry, so I'm right there with you on the exciting life ;) )

Well all 3 kids are home today for Thanksgiving (the younger 2 have been home since Monday-not sure what the elementary schools were thinking ;) and the high school had classes Mon & Tues) so I need to put them to work to get ready for tomorrow.

I case I don't make it back here before tomorrow, I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving!! I know I am very thankful for all of you here!!

laters! 8-)

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY HUMP DAY, EVERYONE!

I can see we're having a size problem for posting photos - I wasn't able to post what I wanted to. What can I say? Rob is larger than life! Still, It would be great if the Lex could add that re-size feature Amanda Beth was talking about. Kayla?

I just took my pumpkin pies out of the oven and now will head up to Starbucks for my latte and then pick up Sonny Boy at his college to bring him home for Thanksgiving.

Hope you are all well!