Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11 **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

Post by Tornado »

Here's my review if anyone's interested. There are spoilers, so beware.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

T minus twenty hours and counting.....!!!! :clap:

I wanted to make a quick post to check in with my sibs. I know many will be busy attending the Twilight Marathon tomorrow, and I wish comfy seats and infrequent bathroom breaks for you all. :D I'll be seeing BD2 at the 10:00 pm show Thursday with a few girlfriends. Schedule-wise, it just didn't work out for me to attend the Twi-marathon, but I've watched all the previous movies over the past couple of weeks and I'm okay with that. This will actually be my first time to see a Twilight movie (or any movie) at what is the equivalent of the midnight show, and I've very excited about that...except for the fact that I have to work Friday. :roll:

I did purchase the soundtrack last night for $10.00 at Target (thanks to Christina for the tip!) I gave it a listen in the car on my 35 minute drive to and from work today. It's certainly not my favorite of the movie soundtracks, but I'm hoping it will grow on me with additional listening time, and after seeing the movie. I thought the songs on the first half of the CD were somewhat forgettable, in my humble opinion, and generally preferred the songs on the second half. I found "Heart of Stone" by Iko, "Ghosts" by James Vincent McMorrow, and "New for You" by Reeve Carney to be hauntingly beautiful. Of course I teared up hearing Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years", and if they play that somewhere in the movie I'll be a weepy mess, but I suspect it may be played during the credits again.

As I've listened to the previous soundtracks on my work commute the past couple of weeks, it struck me just how "playable" the original Twilight soundtrack is (is that even a word?) Maybe I've just seen the movie Twilight more often, or listened to the Twilight soundtrack more frequently than the others..... but I can instantly recall the specific Twilight movie scene accompanied by each song, after hearing just the first few notes of each song played. And while the other soundtracks boast some fantastic songs and introduced me to bands I would never have been exposed to otherwise, they just don't have the epic or iconic feel of the original Twilight soundtrack....if that makes any sense. ;)

I hope everyone seeing BD2 in upcoming hours or days has a wonderful time, and I look forward to discussing it with all of you and reading about your experiences, thoughts, and reflections. To all my siblings in the Halfway House.....it's been an incredible ride (and it's not over yet), and I'm thrilled beyond words that my love for these Twilight books and movies first brought me in contact with all of you. It's been a privilege getting to know you and sharing this with you these past few years. :D
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - yeah, I'm the same when it comes to this soundtrack. It's really underwhelming to me. Hopefully, it will grow on me, too, but with BD Pt1's soundtrack it was an instant attraction.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I'll be logging off of here soon. Gonna get something to eat, and then play a VG for a while and climb in bed to get ready for work and the last two promo stops tomorrow and Friday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by Lieziewiezie »

marielle wrote:Lieziewiezie, I was wondering already if my Belgium sisters were going to see it the same time as us in Holland... Apparently you did... that's brilliant...
Yes I even did the marathon thing with my best friend :D
That was really awsome, seeing them all back to back. It even made Breaking Dawn Part 1 better for me. I really really disliked it the first time. Well maybe that's the wrong word since me and my friends laughed the whole way through, I thought it was ridicilous. So I hadn't seen it again. But now I did and it was so much better to me then the first time.

I loved the homage thing at the end. I almost got teary. I waited and realy wished there was another scene but there wasn't. :(
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Thank you for the warm welcome back :D
The kids are 4, 2 and 1 now. The oldest one just started school, he loves it!

Fortunately husband and I did work through all of it. He went into therapy and worked through his anger issues.
A lot changed in our lives, both in our homes as in our hearts. We both were baptised and became a lot closer in our marriage and in our (personal) relation(s) to God. It's all good now :)

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet; Enjoy BD2, you'll LOVE it!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Temporary BD2 Halfway House **SPOILERS**

Post by marielle »

Hello dear sisters!!!

I'm so hoping my US sister will join us soon here...

Alright I went again last night (and be going again tonight)... I now have a better idea of what I liked and didn't like.

Like I said before I hated how fast they skipped over Bella's first few days as a vampire. I know you can't make a 4 hour movie but just a few minutes extra would have done miracles.

I come back to my statement of the Cottage scene. Though I expected Vampire sex to be much more wild and aggressive this was sweet and sensual. I think us Rob lovers like this scene a lot because you get Rob up close and very personal.

The second time didn't made the battle scene easier to watch. Now I knew what was coming it was even harder to watch. I couldn't watch the first 2 deaths... it was too hard to watch Aro hold Carlisle's head.
Also, the way Alice got rid of Jane was awesome... and I really liked Garret in the fighting scene.

Raine, I know how you feel, this movie makes you think before you can judge and review.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

Good morning

I'm so tired but managed to get a bit of sleep though it was just nice to be back in my bed having cuddles with my biscuit who apparently by his reaction to me coming home had missed me quite a lot :)

I have The the Twilight Marathon today followed then by BD Part 2 I can't wait so excited and emotional about seeing it though its gonna be very emotional don't know how I'm gonna be when I get out of the cinema though I must try and keep it together I must keep it together

I hope all my U S Siblings will enjoy Twilight Marathons too go an be epic

Catch you later

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
team edward all the way
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

So I typed up a big giant post earlier and accidentally deleted it – I should have been doing one this size in MS Word. Alas. Here I go again.

Songbird – It’s great to meet you! I don’t care what I’m called. I like my username well enough, I guess – so if it takes people a while to learn my name, that’s fine. I know it will take me a while to learn everyone’s names.

Marielle – Thank you for being so welcoming. It’s good to know that I’m allowed to just jump in. I didn’t type out as big a post as I wanted last night because I burnt my hand spilling hot soup on it. Just call me Bella Swan.

Raine – That sounds like quite the experience – and not in a good way. I’m so sorry that happened to you. Are you in the Philippines? My husband was born there and is a Filipino citizen.

Susie – It’s nice to meet you. Don’t worry, I don’t scare easily and you’re younger than my mom. It’s cool that you had so many opportunities to travel. And thanks for letting me know that I’m not the only crazy novelist in the bunch. Unless, of course, they are sane – them I’m out of luck.

Tornado – Thanks!

Everyone – Thank you for being so welcoming. It’s really great to emerge from lurkdom.

Here is my spoiler free tale of awesome Twilight adventures:

I ended up seeing the film in LA on Monday night. I wanted to go to fan camp, but there would have been no one to watch our puppy for that many days. My husband was able to work from home on Monday, though, so I went with a friend to sit by the barriers and see what we could see. Which turned out not to be much – they put porta potties right in front of us midway through the day.

I was able to see Rob, Taylor, Ashley, Peter, and the gentleman who plays Aro from afar. Booboo came over to sign autographs – which meant a lot to me, considering our dog’s name. A young actor also came over with his publicist and she said that he’s one of the new wolves – he’s the one with the scar, she told us. I was a bit bummed out – I’d really wanted to see Seph and I never even caught a glimpse. She really inspired me as a writer, so it would have meant a lot to see her.

After the actors went inside and the campers started to trickle in, people came to sell tickets (extras or whatever). It seemed pretty clear that Summit didn’t have extras to give out. My friend and I had practically given up hope when a lady approached with tickets to just give away to someone lucky. We were pushed and shoved and I was actually on the ground when I heard my friend screaming in joy and gratitude.

We had to take our bags and such back to the car, so we missed the first 20 min of the movie (can’t wait to see how it starts). It was an amazing experience, seeing it with all those fans. It really dawned on me, during the credits as everyone cheered for the actors as their names appeared – they could hear us applauding them, because they were there, with us. That’s pretty darn awesome when you think about it.

On the way out, I saw a sign in a trash can, signed by Nikki Reed. I grabbed it and a rolled up poster, just on a hunch. Turns out the poster was signed by Rob. That was a crazy end to an amazing night.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks!

We're justgetting ready to leave the house. Marathon starts in just under 2 hours but we want to go get lunch first.

SO EXCITED!

I'll try and check in throughout the films either here or fb. At least until my phone battery dies lol!

Enjoy the movies folks! Catch you all later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!